X's T'wolves (NBA 2K11)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11) - OPENING NIGHT ROST

Postby Eirsej on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:28 pm

I've read somewhere in the insight that your are able to do it. I'm haven't checked yet though.
Eirsej

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11)

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:05 pm

The X wrote:Question, is there any way to upload any specific photos from Pressbook? I don't want to upload 50+ photos every game, just the really good ones. Any ideas? Anybody tried it?

Apparently you can, but I haven't figured that out either. :?
Lamrock

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11)

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:38 am

Lamrock wrote:
The X wrote:Question, is there any way to upload any specific photos from Pressbook? I don't want to upload 50+ photos every game, just the really good ones. Any ideas? Anybody tried it?

Apparently you can, but I haven't figured that out either. :?

Press Y on the photos you want to upload (a green check mark will appear in the upper right hand corner of the ones you've selected). Then, when you go to upload them, it will give you the option of uploading those specific photos only. And if it's not Y you have to press, just keep trying different buttons until you get the green check mark (I've only played one full game so far and can't really remember what I did).
[Hyperize]

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:38 am

Liking this so far The X, especially the letter about the plans for the team. :wink: I'll be following. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:53 am

Ricky's on board, even better man. (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:01 am

Thanks guys. I actually worked it out myself when playing around with the buttons (Y) For PS3 users I think it is the triangle button to check which photos you want to upload. Very handy indeed.

Axel. wrote:Liking this so far The X, especially the letter about the plans for the team. :wink: I'll be following. :)

It wasn't my letter. You can thank the real life David Kahn. It's his open letter, not mine :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:12 am

Oh, well in that case, that was pretty creative in including that to the story. :lol: My bad.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11) - ANGRY YOUNG FLYNN

Postby The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:16 am

Image FLYNN FINED $25K BY LEAGUE

It didn't take the league long to stamp down on one of its players. Minnesota's second year point guard Jonny Flynn was fined $25,000 by the league for taking his frustrations out on a Piston's employee. After making a tough layup, Flynn went barrelling into the Piston's floor sweeper Gabrielle Torres. Incidental contacts occurs all the time, but slow motion replays showed that Flynn dropped his shoulder just prior to contact, which sent Torres backwards, as his did a reverse commando roll off the court. To make matters worse, Flynn reportedly barked the following at Torres immediately after the incident, "men shouldn't wear pink".

Last edited by The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11) - ANGRY YOUNG FLYNN

Postby The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:47 am

Image DIFFERENT YEAR, SAME RESULT

The Timberwolves have struggled greatly throughout their first four games, losing all by an average margin of 22 points, as they fell to 0-4 (pro-rata: 0-11) with losses at home to the Knicks and on the road to the Nuggets, Pistons and Pacers.

It really seems like the team is still struggling to adapt to coach Kurt Rambis' triangle offense that he brought over from the Lakers. The young and inexperienced squad just doesn't seem to be connecting to it and word is if Rambis can't start to get them on the same page by Christmas then he may be shown the door.

The team has had a few injuries, with Martell Webster and rookie Wesley Johnson playing in pain, but rookie big Nikolai Pekovic injuring himself during a promising game against the Nuggets (8 points, 2 rebounds in only 7 minutes). However, even with a fully healthy squad, the way they have been playing I can't foresee any of the previous results having changed.

Tayshaun's a killer. Helping to boost the Timberpup's morale.

Standard reaction of all Minnesota's opponents :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11) - GREAT START (0-4)

Postby The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:51 am

Image PIC OF THE DAY

Pistons were doing it so easy that Piston's guard Rodney Stuckey ducked outside at half-time and seemed to cruise through the second half proceedings
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:56 am

What can I say guys? The Pressbook feature in 2k11 is superb. All of the above pics (with exception of Flynn ones that I had to capture myself in replay mode & are thus lower quality) came from the Pressbook.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:17 am

Lol at Flynn's statement "Real men shouldn't wear pink" :lol: . Love the sarcasm of the title. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby dare on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:32 am

Love the Flynn's pic :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 am

You need to teach me how to get pictures off Pressbook.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:01 pm

I only see consistency by Flynn... Ridnour and Brewer had nice games but then Corey would score too little or Ridnour wouldn't score at all. But that's a nice challenge :wink:

Just noticed it was my NLSC b-day a couple of days ago. 6 years already! :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Rough start, but that is to be expected, considering your roster. Loving the Flynn pic. :lol: Really like how you're presenting this. I prefer it to the 2K Blog layout you had for your Bucks as there's more of a narrative to it.

That's good to know about the pressbook. It, like Real Player FG%, is one of the many great unexpected new features in 2K11.
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Stupid question: Is the pressbook the site where you upload the pics?

Great start, the Wolves are lottery bound again :D
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Axel. wrote:Lol at Flynn's statement "Real men shouldn't wear pink" :lol: . Love the sarcasm of the title. (Y)
dare wrote:Love the Flynn's pic :lol:

Glad you both like them. Have to come up with something considering my team's a mockery. Deflect the focus off my team's success (or lackthereof).

Thierry. wrote:I only see consistency by Flynn... Ridnour and Brewer had nice games but then Corey would score too little or Ridnour wouldn't score at all. But that's a nice challenge :wink:

Flynn might've been consistent with simmed games, but he was horrible against the Knicks. Absolute garbage. He better shape up or he'll be shipped out. Ridnour has been absolutely terrible in played game but great in simmed games. As for Brewer, he's back to starting now with the injuries going around.

Lamrock wrote:Rough start, but that is to be expected, considering your roster. Loving the Flynn pic. :lol: Really like how you're presenting this. I prefer it to the 2K Blog layout you had for your Bucks as there's more of a narrative to it.

That's good to know about the pressbook. It, like Real Player FG%, is one of the many great unexpected new features in 2K11.

Cheers, yep I knew the blog layout was pretty mediocre. I'll still upload the boxscores but that's only for anybody interested in them, since I'm not. The plus side is it uploads the standings so I don't need to re-hash them. I'm thinking this Association is going to be more pic-based. I tried to upload a video to 2k site but it didn't work for whatever reason. At least now with the Press Book I don't need to spend 15 minutes trying to get good pics each game. I can just pick the best from what the game takes, & it takes some pretty good ones (& funny ones too).

But yes, the T'wolves are turrible. Plus I'm pretty turrible with the new isomotion controls. I need to get some practice. I'm getting smashed on pro level with sim game style :shake: At least my turnovers are down, even if I struggle to shoot 40% from the field.

So what is so good about real player FG %? Please explain for us unenlightened people.

Houndy wrote:Stupid question: Is the pressbook the site where you upload the pics?

Great start, the Wolves are lottery bound again :D

No, you upload to the 2k website. You need to go to 2k sports, sign up for a username. From there, if you link your 2k sports account with your PSN or XBL tag, you can directly upload pics, videos (although I've been unsuccessful to date) & all or part of Press Book to 2k sports account straight from the game. The Press Book can be found in the menu directly following the completion of the Player of the Game footage.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Yeah, for SL2, I intend to use quite a few similar features from your dynasties if thats okay. Press book is awesome (its like some member of their staff maintains a dynasty blog of their own!), and now I don't need to break the flow of the game with DeRozan dunks. Probably won't bother with videos this time around unless its something epic though. (Less likely since 2K11 is far more realistic than 2K10)
'
I play on Pro/Sim as well. I'm decent enough on it, and once I control turnovers and learn better post moves, I'll probably upgrade to the next one. Pro difficulty isn't stopping my Raptors from losing at any rate..

Real Player FG% is great because you don't need to bother learning everyone's releases and just focus on playing basketball. Was frustrating in 2K10 because I couldn't hit a shot with Bargs, but was lights out from 3 with DeRozan (who had like a 50 rating from outside). Just makes it a bit more realistic and jump-shot oriented imo.
Lamrock

Postby Mark. on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Tough start. I just picked up the game. Quite hard so far. Doesn't help with the changes to controls but I can see whatever team I choose struggling through the first few weeks.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Nice start X and solid team choice too !
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby George7 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Minessota really needs a star to be based on!
Otherwise,i bet this won't be the only bad streak.

Really like the 2k Blog layout (Y)
George7

Postby The X on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Yep Lamrock, I might give real FG% & FT% a go just for next game & see if I like it. I think half the reason I'm missing so much is all the different signature shot release points to learn. One question though, if I mistime my shot on real FG%, will I miss it? I don't want it to be all on the ratings if I screw up.

And I don't mind if you use a lot of similar things. I'm just using the tools that the games gives me to make this run smoother. It's not like I'm making templates for this stuff. And besides, the more self-deprecating Associations we see on these boards, the more they'll become the norm & people will be like, boxscore, why? Preview to a pre-season game, okay? :lol:

Mark, yep, it'll take you a good week or so to get in. Whereas other people practice for a few weeks so they're good to run Association then do a pre-season, I value time so I learn on the job. Helps I got a crappy team so nobody is disappointed when I lose :lol:

mp3 wrote:Nice start X and solid team choice too !

Cheers, glad you like.

George7 wrote:Minessota really needs a star to be based on!
Otherwise,i bet this won't be the only bad streak.

Really like the 2k Blog layout (Y)

2k blog's nothing, just convenient. Will try to keep the good stuff in this thread.

Couldn't agree more on the need for a star. You sound just like David Kaaaahhhhn :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby .PorkyJoker.o6 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Looking Great So Far! Im Liking It! :applaud: (Y)
I also like that Flynn bullied the guy in a pink wear (Y)

Im Gonna Follow This! :mrgreen:
.PorkyJoker.o6

Postby Murat on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:37 pm

ROFL of the year is Flynn.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame