NBA Elite 11 Delayed

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

NBA Elite 11 Delayed

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 am

Wow

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsintheg ... e-holidays

27-September-2010
Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.
This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

In the meantime, the NBA season is just around the corner and we have a plan to keep our consumers close to the action:

-NBA JAM will launch on the Wii, as scheduled, on October 5. NBA JAM won recognition this summer as the best sports game at E3 and it’s a blast to play. In addition to the Wii version, we’re going to ship NBA JAM as a standalone product on the Xbox360 and PS3 in time for the holidays. Watch for more news soon on the exact timing of that release.
    -For NBA LIVE 10 players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. That’s a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free.

The decision to delay NBA ELITE was hard because the game has great promise. But ultimately we feel this is the right thing to do. We’ve been making steady progress on basketball for the past few years and it’s going to take extra time to make the game.

Why make this decision now? As with all of our titles, we continue to evaluate and improve the code right up until launch. Feedback from consumers is a very important part of the process . NBA ELITE had the benefit of play-testing, a demo and a lot of our own research. All that feedback revealed some concerns about gameplay polish, so we’ve listened to your feedback, and made a judgment that the game would benefit from more time in development.

I want to thank our NBA ELITE development team for their efforts to meet this year’s lofty goals, and we’re behind them as they continue their work. While no one is happy with this delay, we appreciate the support and ongoing feedback from our fans. We’ll have more information coming soon.

IMO this is what they should have done to begin with, especially with NBA Jam coming to 360/PS3 Standalone....still surprising they are doing this so close to the launch.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: NBA Elite 11 Delayed

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 am

Yeah I just got this e-mail!!!

Edit: Thanks GOD!! They really had to do this!!! Hopefully they'll add some NBA Live 10 Elements to Elite!!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:34 am

I'd rather see them add some NBA Elite 12 elements.

Anyway, Gamestop now has a release date of March 31, 2011. Walmart and Amazon removed any release date information.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby formx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:37 am

JaoSming wrote:I'd rather see them add some NBA Elite 12 elements.

Anyway, Gamestop now has a release date of March 31, 2011. Walmart and Amazon removed any release date information.

Is it me or do I have a feeling that NBA Elite 11 will be canceled just like Madden NFL 96 on the PS1.
Well at least Live 10 will keep on getting updates for the season

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby HyP82 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:50 am

It's a good decision. To give at least a chance to have decent game's sales.
HyP82

Postby formx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

HyP82 wrote:It's a good decision. To give at least a chance to have decent game's sales.

Ya, but EA always releases a sports game in time and is never delayed. But on the other hand they can improve the game to be better and have the sales similar to the FIFA and NHL series.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby HyP82 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 am

They had to do that. If they had released the game now, sales will have been really bad. With people comparing it to 2k11.
I don't think the sales will be similar to Fifa or NHL series.
HyP82

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am

Honestly, They need to hire a BIG Dev team for Elite, similar to what they had last year. . one for graphics, one for gamplay, one for all the modes etc. I'm sure those Devs were working like slaves cause it doesn't seem that a lot of people were working on the game. It looks like they were understaffed, judging by how the game came out. Then again, that's how these companies like to work their employees LOL. They need to get some bball heads, junkies to get involved with their game, bring culture to it. Live 10 had all that. . you add the ESPN Brand and the game would come out amazing. Gameplay is always #1 priority. They need to really fill in the gaps with the animation movements. This is really good news, for this years game. But for Elite 12, they gotta add elements to their game
ThaLiveKing

Postby formx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 am

All this happening after Mike Wang left EA and rejoined 2k

formx

Postby Lamrock on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 am

Wow. Delayed indefinitely a week before release! Probably a good move. Game's Metascore would have likely been in the 50's (the equivalent of a film scoring in the teens) and its not like it would have sold much anyway (2k11 was killing it on the home page poll - and this is a Live fan site!). Awfully embarrassing and unusual though.
Lamrock

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am

Lamrock wrote: (2k11 was killing it on the home page poll - and this is a Live fan site!).

I think we are better categorized as a PC Basketball Fan Site :wink:

formyhunny wrote:All this happening after Mike Wang left EA and rejoined 2k

True, but he left for the direction the series was going in. He probably got wind of the NHL developers coming in and left because of that. His leaving EA has nothing to do with what Elite became. They simply tried too much in too little of a time. Looks like they are doing what I (and many others) thought they should do, skip Elite 11, release Jam on all consoles, hit them hard next year with Elite 12. I don't see them being able to properly sell a delayed game for $60. I really don't.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:48 am

So the Release Date Countdown goes right out the fucking window? Well, I guess we can consider it the release date countdown for 2K11. :lol:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:52 am

and NBA Jam
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby formx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 am

JaoSming wrote:skip Elite 11, release Jam on all consoles, hit them hard next year with Elite 12. I don't see them being able to properly sell a delayed game for $60. I really don't.

Yeah it would be hard unless if it is released for half the price.
Off-Topic: I feel the same way as you guys do but instead for the game LBP 2, it was going to be released in november but now it is in January :evil: .
Last edited by formx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

formx

Postby Deyman on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 am

Well I guess it's a good thing. EA has time to polish their game.Probably improve the gameplay and/or fixing glitches. Not saying I knew that it would happen,but I thought something like this would happen due to people giving the demo a negative review. I guess the NBA Elite fans have to wait a little longer. I'm sorta glad NBA Jam will be released alone though so I don't have to buy Elite. I'm guessing they're going to put it up on PSN/XBL
Deyman

Postby volsey on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:11 am

Wow no matter how terrible the game I did not expect this. All in all doesn't affect me as I had no intention of purchasing it. But in all honesty I did not think the game was all the bad from the demo. I mean I expected bad, and it was slightly worse than what I expected, which by now should have been expected :D .

I respect them for doing this, if this had been three or four years ago this game would be in the process of shipping right now, as no matter how bad the product was, a lot of people would still buy it as Live was THE basketball game. Now that 2k has picked up popularity, and built up so much hype for the new game, it has forced EA to do the same, and they came to compete.

That being said I think they'll still make a lot of sales from Jam alone, and come March, Live will sell. Smart gameplan overall.

BTW anyone else been thinking lately how different Madden might be if 2k still had an NFL game? It's obvious that 2k's success had a play in where Live is now, and the direction it's been taking lately, it's a shame Madden stands all by itself.
volsey

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:18 am

YES! :D EA actually did wat I said. Nba live 10 here i come again!

attention deficit wrote:Well like ive said before Andrew, EA knows that visuals are just as important as controls and cannot possibly think this game looks like basketball. If they do then thats beyond me but im going to assume they dont. Im not cutting them any slack and i dont feel bad for them. If they knew the animations would take a fall then why not take another year to fix them and release the game in 2012. Thats common sense. Instead they chose to hype everybody up for disappointment. They shouldve just released NBA JAM as its own game and kept updating Nba live 10 with rosters and patches to fix Dynasty and waited to release Elite in 2012. Alot more people wouldve just settled with that.

edit: Well lets hope they dont release it til 2012 Jao.
Last edited by atlwarrior on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
atlwarrior

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:21 am

Yaw is making it sound like it's not going to come out at all

Wal Mart will not be shipping out any copies for now as the game is delayed. I will have to look into your pre-order if it means it will transfer over to next year. When I get that info I will let you know.

hardly a confirmation...but still
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby HyP82 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:25 am

volsey wrote: BTW anyone else been thinking lately how different Madden might be if 2k still had an NFL game? It's obvious that 2k's success had a play in where Live is now, and the direction it's been taking lately, it's a shame Madden stands all by itself.

It could also have been like Fifa and PES series.
HyP82

Postby formx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 am

JaoSming wrote:Yaw is making it sound like it's not going to come out at all

Wal Mart will not be shipping out any copies for now as the game is delayed. I will have to look into your pre-order if it means it will transfer over to next year. When I get that info I will let you know.

hardly a confirmation...but still

At least they can use a whole year to make the game better and make it into NBA Elite 12

formx

Postby rizzlekayandretti on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 am

yall let all these 2k fanboys mess up the release date because they the main 1s complaining you developers listen to people who are gonna hate the game with a passion no matter what i was a die hard live fan since 1998 and once i paid my elite 11 preorder off saturday just to hear sum bs like this on a monday was so ridiculous with oct 5th right around the corner i can never forgive for ea this this is by far the dumbest move ever by a company its offical im with 2k and i dont care what anyone die hard ea fan says its unacceptable you will listen to the competiton before you listen to your own fanbase im truly not a elite fan anymore this is some real bullshit no lie
xbox live gt( K DA MAST3RMIND)
rizzlekayandretti

Postby formx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 am

formx

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am

Im guessing late 2011. This would make the most sense.
atlwarrior

Postby HisGreatness on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:27 am

yeah its because they cannot make the fucking gameplay well., you looked at the fucking glitches that have been posted this forum., in the first they are really confident on competing the 2k11 because of the physics engine and introducing what is elite well it is a suck basketball ever(nba live 10 is a lot better than that)
but after months have passed they didnt know that nba 2k would really deliver and revamped there game and startled and suprise nba delete 11 seriously
thats why i thought that the nba delete 11 would deliver suprisingly for the upcoming month before the demo but the result is suck only the game modes and features are only there not gameplay coz it is ughh :x
thats why is good only for talking introducing but not the action
2k is like a actions speaks louder than words because they did not hesitate on releasing there game improvements and also they are patience
not like delete 11 so impatience to introduce there game of worse
also you cannot blame mike wang why did he leave EA right?
so end of the year for elite or delete 11

in other words nba live 10 is a lot more excellent
HisGreatness

Postby Sauru on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 am

lol this is some funny shit. soooooo does nba 2k have an option to change controls?
Sauru

Next

Return to NBA Live 14