A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - L-Train on King James, Dare + Kob

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 pm

dare wrote:Well I remember Kobe in one interview that he seems ain't that serious, cant remember what though.

It was good man. I can actually imagine this happening. It's pretty funny. Even if it's unintentional. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby dare on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks man but really I was trying to make him look like a hard working player with a little sense of humor. :)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:32 pm

dare wrote:Thanks man but really I was trying to make him look like a hard working player with a little sense of humor. :)

I know. It backfired. :P

Nonetheless, congratulations, you've been elevated to late first rounder status.

L-Train: PM me your edit player request soon. It will be just in time for the playoffs! Get around the rookie wall!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Iverson is BAD + 2013 Draft news

Postby Eirsej on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:47 pm

NBA Draft 2013

Just decided to announce who will be a part of the next draft from the forums.
It will be the biggest in-take of NLSC rookies.

These are their names. Try and guess who they are! Or reveal yourself if you so choose!

Leigh Meredith
    Julian Martin
    Jesrie Calimas
    Christian Oliver
    Dee Gilmore
    Don Elliot
    Billy ‘Mole’ Mason
    Alexander Sotirov
    Luka Mandich
    Zee Otoo
    Willie Lewis
    Justine Crewhead
    Megarover

It's Calimbas, not Calimas. Hope you can fix it. :D
Eirsej

Re: A Legend Is Born III - L-Train on King James

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:49 pm

dare wrote:This ain't good as Lamrock's in fact this a terrible article, hope to get some points for effort :P

I want a minute of my life back.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby |)e8* on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Leigh Meredith -idk
Julian Martin - dare
Jesrie Calimas - eiresj
Christian Oliver - idk
Dee Gilmore - King Dee
Don Elliot - MEHH
Billy ‘Mole’ Mason - idk
Alexander Sotirov - A-Sot
Luka Mandich - mandich
Zee Otoo - z02
Willie Lewis - idk
Justine Crewhead - Justine.
Megarover - megarover
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Houndy on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:03 pm

Willie Lewis will own all. My article will be about.... You'll see :wink:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:25 pm

I think we all know who Willie Lewis is now. :lol:

Mole is actually a respected dynasty maker with an active dynasty in the dynasty section. First one to guess him will get 24 points!
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:12 am

Sit wrote:I think we all know who Willie Lewis is now. :lol:

Mole is actually a respected dynasty maker with an active dynasty in the dynasty section. First one to guess him will get 24 points!

It's Billy mole Mason :P
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 am

Houndy66 wrote:
Sit wrote:I think we all know who Willie Lewis is now. :lol:

It's Billy mole Mason :P

Yeah but who is he? :lol:
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Who is the Mole?

Postby |)e8* on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 am

I'm guessing mole is clutch
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:20 am

De8 wins. How'd you guess?
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:25 am

Lol I read on page eighteen that clutch and dare sent you their info and I thought clutch fitted your descriptio
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 am

Chapter 9

“Thank you all for gathering here today,” the Seattle Stealth spokesman announced, “We are very proud to introduce the newest member to our team today. It is a very exciting time for us with the trade deadline having been last night and we were able to acquire Allen Iverson.”
Everyone in the room started to applause as he continued, “Allen Iverson is one of the greatest scorers in the game and he brings a ton of experience to us here in Seattle. We are excited that he will be with the Stealth in our run to try and win a title. And without further ado, please welcome Allen Iverson to the podium.”
Everyone stood up and gave Iverson a standing ovation as he entered from the left hand side of the room. He skipped the three steps at the side of the raised podium by leaping up. He was dressed in a purple and grey Seattle Stealth tracksuit and waved to the throng of media before taking a seat.
The spokesman waited for the applause to stop and the media to take their seats, “Allen is available to answer a couple of your questions but we must remind you that time is limited as he will join the team immediately for training after this.”
Iverson nodded and waved as the cameras were still going off and a handful of hands shot up.
“Allen, what are your thoughts on joining the team,” someone asked from the front row.
Iverson was chewing on gum and thought for a moment before replying, “Y’all know, I was thinking on the plane that this was a good team y-know. Y’all all know what I’m about and and and I’m about winning and I’m happy to be in a winning situation. And and there are some good players on this team y-know. I’m just excited for a new start here in Seattle, yeah.”
Someone from the middle of the room stood up and asked, “You’ve played with Jason Kidd before on All-Star teams and you’ve played against him throughout your career. How do you feel to be playing in the same backcourt as him on the same NBA team? Did you ever think you guys would be playing together given that you were both superstars?”
Iverson tried to be funny, “Y-know I was always burning him back when he was New Jersey and I will get to be breaking his ankles on a daily basis now?”
There were some tentative chuckles around the room but no substantial laughter as Iverson pressed on, “I respect Jason. I think that we would make a good combination on the basketball court. He’s a great player and a leader. We are the same. We have this passion and I really don’t think many guys have that heart these days. Y-know, there’s not many guys who play who play with their all and uh – Jason does that. I’ve got nothing but respect for him. People are going to say we old but they better watch themselves when me and him are on the court.”
A stunning blonde sitting near the back questioned, “You’ve never been in a bench role before. How do you think you will find it that you’re not a starter anymore?”
Iverson seemed defiant, “Y-know, I don’t like it when people doubt me. I haven’t spoken to coach yet but I think I am capable of being a starter here. No one has told me I’m going to be on the bench but y-know, I’m a starter. Always have been and always will be. If I’m benched then I guess I will have to prove that I am better than that y-know. I-uh guess that y-know, all of y’all are doubting I can’t play at 37 but I was still tearing it up in New York. Coach Karl knows what I’ve got and I think that he will talk to Coach about starting me.”

Kevin Durant stormed into the office of the Stealth GM.
“How dare you trade for him without asking me!”
“Just like your head coach,” the manager laughed.
“This is my team! I call the shots here!”
“Don’t give me that marketing crap,” the manager laughed even more, “I came up with it. This isn’t your team. You should tone down on your ego a little bit.”
“Fuck you.”
“That’s no way to talk to the guy who pays you.”
“You made a promise to trade Reshawn Tyson,” Durant complained.
“You made a promise to stop causing trouble,” argued the manager.
“Trade him or you will be losing me,” Durant offered an ultimatum.
“You don’t really mean that.”
“Want to bet?”
“Yes.”
There was silence as Durant didn’t have anything to add; he was a bit thick like that.
“Look,” the manager broke the awkwardness, “It’s not my fault Toronto didn’t want to trade us Chris Bosh. It’s not my fault Minnesota didn’t want to deal with us. We both know that you need Tyson to help you win here.”
Durant was angry that the GM was under the impression that he couldn’t win on his own, “I’ve told you so many fucking times that this is my team and I can win with this team without that fool around.”
“Why do you even hate him?”
“I don’t need a reason, I just do.”
“Stop being childish, you’re just worried he’s going to steal your shine. Kevin, no one is doubting that you are our leader. Just get over it!”
“I don’t want Iverson either.”
“You can get over that too.”
Kevin Durant pointed threateningly at the manager but had nothing to say. He turned around and walked right back out the door. The Stealth GM shook his head. He was tired of dealing with Durant’s ego but trading him away would draw the ire of the entire Seattle fan base. The team was stuck with him for at least another year and a half.

Iverson was brilliant in his first Stealth practice. During the scrimmage, he teamed up with Durant, Bogut, Ariza and Wu to beat Ty, Lee, Wilcox, Li and Karl. Kidd sat out the practice and shouted instructions from the sideline to his teammates. Iverson had a nifty flick pass to Durant who dunked and that garnered a lot of cheers from the staff watching on. Iverson then stole the ball from Karl and pushed it up the floor. He may have lost a step but he was still quick up the court. He converted the layup and gave Bogut a high five as he ran down the court. George Karl smiled as his former charge was making a good impression. Durant was also warming up to the idea of playing with Iverson. His opinion of him swung after Iverson tripped Ty over and walked over him. Ty got up and nudged Iverson in the back and the veteran turned and pushed back at the youngster. Durant smiled and ran in to separate the two. When Ty backed off, Durant gave Iverson a high five.
After practice, Sit met Iverson properly, “It’s nice to meet you.”
Iverson reluctantly shook Sit’s hand and stood on his tippy toes to try and look down on him. Sit wasn’t that much shorter; Iverson just wanted to feel intimidating.
“I want to start Coach,” Iverson cut to the chase.
Sit was even more blunt, “Reshawn is my starting shooting guard. And you would single handily destroy my team if I started you at point guard.”
Iverson didn’t look too impressed, “Y-know I never ever get this treatment anywhere I’ve been. I’ve been a starter my whole life. High school, college, NBA, international. Everywhere man and don’t fuck with me. I’m starting.”
Sit felt like Iverson was wasting his time, “Conversation over and my answer is no. Be careful or else you won’t be getting any minutes at all.”
Sit turned around and walked out to join his coaching staff for a short meeting. He sat next to George Karl.
“This is incredible,” Sit complained, “How did you deal with him?”
“Who? Allen?”
“Yeah,” Sit nodded.
“Patience.”

Iverson was pouting as the team was introduced for the game against the Nets. Ty was indeed starting ahead of him and Sit was still not talking to Iverson. The only acknowledgment he had gotten from the head coach was a slight nod. Ty wasn’t himself though and picked up two quick fouls. Sit was forced to send Iverson out onto the floor.
“Iverson!” Sit yelled over the booing from the crowd, “Get in there. Show me what you got!”
Iverson was happy that he would get a chance earlier than he expected. Ty walked off and he looked mad. He sat down and planted his face into his towel. He sat back and waited for one of the assistants to grab him a Gatorade. He finished it in one go and watched the game with his arms folded. Iverson scored on his first shot attempt pretty much right after he had gotten onto the floor. It was a pretty baseline pull-up.
As Iverson ran back down the floor he pointed to Sit and shouted, “You see that?”
Iverson’s next bucket was a spectacular drive to the hoop. He moved the ball in a full circular motion as he attempted a reverse layup. The ball went up as he released it after going full circle and evading the arms of DJ Schmidt and Yi Jianlian. The ball rolled on the rim and softly dropped through the net. Iverson threw his arms in the air as he celebrated the converted layup as the Nets called a timeout. Most of the guys jumped out of their seats to shower Iverson with high fives and rubbing his head. Gloomy Ty sat on the bench as quiet as a mouse and Iverson took all of the spotlight. Sit shook his head in disbelief that he was being upstaged by AI.

It was the day after he had been carried off the court. Iverson, Sheed and his entourage walked into practice half an hour late. Sit blew his whistle and stopped the team.
“Where the heck were you?” Sit asked Iverson with all eyes fixed on him and Sheed.
Sheed scratched his head and started to whistle. Iverson rolled his eyes.
“Y-know I don’t have to answer your question.”
Sit asked again, “Where were you? I got a call that they cleared you to play last night. You know we have practice this morning.”
“Practice? I don’t need practice,” Sheed joked.
No one laughed. It was tense.
“I don’t need no kid telling me what to do and how to play,” Iverson said as his entourage burst into laughter.
Sit wasn’t going to have any more of it, “That’s it. Everyone is running suicides.”
The players groaned. Some of the younger players gave Iverson some icy glares. Iverson watched on in disbelief as everyone lined up on the baseline. He sat down on the court.
“What are you doing?” Sit asked.
“I can do whatever I want,” Iverson was stubborn.
Sit threatened, “Then you will be put into my reserves.”
“I’m already there.”
“No minutes.”
“I don’t believe you.”
George Karl decided it was time to step in, “Gentlemen, let’s cut the arguing please. Will, just calm down.”
Karl walked over to Iverson and asked him to get up, “Allen, he’s not lying. Just get up please.”
Iverson hopped up, “I’m not running suicides.”
“Try and cooperate,” Karl pleaded.
Eventually Iverson joined his teammates on the baseline but he would only jog while everyone else sprinted. Sit looked around and everyone waited impatiently.
“Tell us to start already!” Iverson yelled.
Sit ignored him and shouted, “SHEED!”
Sheed was behind him, “Yes Coach?”
Sit turned around and barked his orders, “GET ON THE BASELINE!”
Sheed was awestruck, “Wh-what Coach?”
“You’re running too!” Sit replied.

Ty had called a press conference. His play had recently been erratic and he knew he was ready to address the growing concerns. With a modest group waiting for him, Ty’s agent addressed them on the purpose of the meeting.
“Reshawn Tyson would like to announce to his fans about important issues in his life. He feels that it is the right time to let everything out. He will not be answering any questions, it is only a statement that he wants to make.”
Ty entered the room and sat down. The room was silent. Ty looked around. He suddenly felt a little uneasy but he wanted to get it over and done with. He looked down at his notes that he had written out. All eyes were on him. Woody Hannes was sitting in the front row. Ty had called up Hannes and said that he was ready to do an interview after the press conference. He looked over at Mrs Akonnor who nodded and smiled. Ty took a deep breath.
“I owe an apology to my fans for not playing hard enough. I owe them an apology for not being strong enough. And I owe an apology to myself for not having the courage to admit to myself that I have a problem.”
Ty looked up and noticed that no one was writing. All pens were put down as everyone was listening to him.
He cleared his throat and moved on, “I know that I have suffered from depression. I always thought that I was strong and recovered but it’s funny how life creeps up on you like it has on me. My long time girlfriend passed away a few weeks ago. I have not been my best on the court and off of it. I am standing here in front of you today to share my story. To get everything off of my chest.”
After talking in full detail about his deceased mother, brother and girlfriend, Ty was choking up. He pushed himself to keep on going. Pushing back the tears. He wanted to finish his story.
“I promise... that as a member of the Seattle Stealth, I will try my best to deliver a title to this city. I am lucky and privileged... to be here today. With these loyal fans. It is an amazing franchise to play for.”
The cameras clicked as Ty paused. Woody Hannes couldn’t help but interject.
“You sound very homesick and upset. Does this affect your free agency plans?”
Ty’s agent got up but Ty waved him off. Ty grabbed a tissue and wiped his eyes.
“Sometimes the urge to go home is huge. I can’t say no. You can never say never. Situations change rapidly. Free agency is so far away but if you are asking whether I’d make a promise to stay here then I would not be able to promise that right now.”

“This is amazing!” Marv Albert commented, “Only a few nights after coming out and showing us that he is human after all, Reshawn Tyson is showing us the super human part of himself tonight!”
Tyson rattled off another three pointer to the roar of the crowd. He kept his shooting hand in the air as he backpedalled down the floor. The camera zoomed in on the Stealth bench with Durant and Iverson sitting there; both with their arms folded and blank expressions on their face. The court action came back on as Ty stole the ball and dribbled down the floor. He slammed the ball into the hoop with ferocity.
“That’s 60 points!” Albert sounded ecstatic, “This is an amazing night folks! History might be in the making!”
“It’s only the third quarter Marv,” Steve Kerr agreed, “Tyson has been nothing short of breathtaking tonight.”
“What was your take on his press conference the other night?” Albert asked Kerr.
Kerr analysed, “I think that it’s a fine example that Ty has given us. He has shown that he has been through a lot. It would have been tough to be in his shoes. I really respect him a lot more since he came out and did that.”
Tyson was shown on screen giving Rocky Akonnor a hug as he sat on the bench. He looked into the camera and flashed a smile. He then gave them a thumbs up.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 9: Welcome AI

Postby |)e8* on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:57 am

Iversons a douche.Go Ty!!!
|)e8*

Postby Martti. on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 am

You talkin about practice?? An easy plot twist to add with Iverson. (y)

Ty did the right thing letting it out, now he can get some sympathy, though I don't expect any from KD.

Can't wait for the 60+ game from Ty!!!!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Houndy on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:02 am

Ty is going for 81 :shock:
Houndy

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:50 am

i predict ty scored between 90 and 100.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Clutch on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:12 am

awesome & intense chapter (Y)

AI's a damn fool... too old to realize he'd be Durant's bitch if Ty weren't around; not sure how i feel on Ty's press conf... on one hand, yeah he's had it tough lately; on the other? life's tough, MILLIONAIRE. stop whining and suck it up! at least it looks like clearing his mind done him some good by the game he's having...

btw, de8 needs to change his handle to, "Magnum, P.I." ;)
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Lamrock on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:31 am

Loved the chapter. LOL'ed when Durant decided to become AI's friend when he was fucking with Ty, and Sheed having to do suicides. Also, 60+ for Ty?! :shock:
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:40 am

How many points for my virtual player if I guess how many points Ty scored? :wink:

× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:33 am

I'm guessing Ty sat for most if the fourth and finished with 72.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:46 am

This will be one of the last chances to earn points. 24 points if you guess correctly how many points Ty ended up with!

Don't forget the write an article is still on. You can write more than on article, the second one will earn you 50 points!
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 am

I bet Ty ends up scoring just 60 before Karl decides to commence garbage time. Will consider another article.
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 am

I say 71
Houndy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame