A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - midseason report card, Iverson de

Postby Houndy on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 am

Iverson looks like more of a role player than a sixth man
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 am

Iverson's honest.. "they're really ugly". Superb comeback triumph. (Y) and the report card looks good, but as Martti said save it as a PNG file and increase the font size a little. :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Martti. wrote:AI's not feelin the sub-role at all.

Why do you say that?

Hyperize. wrote:Nice win, and a pretty good debut for Iverson too. (Y) It looks like Bogut didn't crash the boards as much as he normally does though.

Iverson sucked. He scored 9 points in first quarter then shot us out of the game. Durant was there to carry the team from nearly 20 points down...

Lamrock wrote:Love the report card. Also, Iverson's already looking like a good asset. (Y)

Thanks L-Train.

He sure does provide a bit of a scoring punch... but efficiency isn't in his vocab unfortunately.

Martti. wrote:Save in .png next time. (Y)

I forgot to do that man. Stupid me. Thanks for reminding me!

Houndy66 wrote:Iverson looks like more of a role player than a sixth man

Thanks for the observation Hondo.

Thierry. wrote:Iverson's honest.. "they're really ugly". Superb comeback triumph. (Y) and the report card looks good, but as Martti said save it as a PNG file and increase the font size a little. :wink:

I will remember bigger font for next time! :) I changed it to .png but didn't muck around with the font size because can't be fucked typing all out again :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Mark. on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Nice job on the report card dude, although my eyes hurt now after reading it! Too small!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 pm

C- for Defense? I expect the team to lose in the Finals.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Mark. wrote:Nice job on the report card dude, although my eyes hurt now after reading it! Too small!

I will have to change the font next time haha... so you were able to get the gist of what I wrote I hope! :)

shadowgrin wrote:C- for Defense? I expect the team to lose in the Finals.

20th in points allowed, 20th in rebounding... but 1st in steals and 1st in blocks. We should really be stepping it up on defense. This Kevin Durant isn't that great on defense, Kidd is too slow, Lee no performing... Aaron Karl, Mingyu Li, Iverson, Jao Wu, Chris Wilcox are all average defenders.
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Haha yeah I got the gist. Yeah I think the C- for defense is fair. Blocks and steals can be misleading stats, well steals more so than blocks. The way I see it, half the steals you see in a game a gambles, I would much prefer a player to just focus on staying infront of his man.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Sit wrote:20th in rebounding.

Damn, your team really sucks for a 'contender'. :lol:
And what Mark said.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:38 pm

Mark. wrote:Haha yeah I got the gist. Yeah I think the C- for defense is fair. Blocks and steals can be misleading stats, well steals more so than blocks. The way I see it, half the steals you see in a game a gambles, I would much prefer a player to just focus on staying infront of his man.

Exactly. Steals are about luck. You need certain timing and quick hands but it is a lot about luck (and chance re: whether you are defending a non-competent ball handler which I doubt exists in the NBA). Real defense is forcing bad shots.

shadowgrin wrote:
Sit wrote:20th in rebounding.

Damn, your team really sucks for a 'contender'. :lol:
And what Mark said.

Exactly. That's why it's a C-. :) Would have given D+ but my steals and blocks numbers are nothing to argue with. I guess they make Coach Sit sleep better at night because his team sucks on defense but at least they hustle!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 am

Iverson Injured In Loss To Pistons

February 23, 2013

SEATTLE (AP) – Allen Iverson was injured in his team’s 101-89 loss to the Detroit Pistons. Iverson, playing a reserve role for the first time in his career, struggled mightily during the match. The 17 year veteran’s forced exit from the game spared Seattle fans from his inefficient shooting display.

Iverson was 2 for 16 from the field before being carried off the court in the fourth quarter. The 1-time NBA MVP has stated that he is confident to play through his injury. It was announced that he had a strained MCL and that he would need 2 weeks to recover.

Iverson said that he would be back, “To everyone who was hating tonight. I’m going to be playing hurt and I’m going to play some great basketball.” Iverson was booed during the second half by Seattle fans as the Stealth dropped to second place in the Western Conference in a tight tussle with the Sacramento Kings for the number 1 seed.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Houndy on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 am

Iverson is Mcshitass of the game :o
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Iverson is BAD + 2013 Draft news

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 am

NLSCers Update

Earn Points

Decided to try something different.

In order to earn points for your NLSCer, I invite and welcome you to write an article related to anything in this association (i.e. directly about your player, a team, another player, the stealth, anything related to this association). I am hoping to get some different perspectives about the team.

Be creative!

If I like your article, I will award you 100 points to spend on your player!

NBA Draft 2013

Just decided to announce who will be a part of the next draft from the forums.
It will be the biggest in-take of NLSC rookies.

These are their names. Try and guess who they are! Or reveal yourself if you so choose!

Leigh Meredith
    Julian Martin
    Jesrie Calimas
    Christian Oliver
    Dee Gilmore
    Don Elliot
    Billy ‘Mole’ Mason
    Alexander Sotirov
    Luka Mandich
    Zee Otoo
    Willie Lewis
    Justine Crewhead
    Megarover
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Iverson is BAD + NLSCer Updates

Postby Lamrock on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:10 am

I'll give it a shot Sit. (This one will be "out of date", since you only disclose team records every trimester)

The L-Train Blog wrote:Why LeBron James Is My Favorite NBA Player
Written by Liam Washburn

January 3, 2013 - Loyalty is an increasingly rare and special thing in sports. With stars feeling entitled to play in big markets and constantly contend, guys like Tim Duncan and DIrk Nowitzki are admirable exceptions. However, the former won four championships with his one team, and Dirk, though a former MVP, was never on James' level. When was the last time you saw the best player in the NBA stick around on his original team for a decade without a championship?

Mighty Moses is a great player, but I've never really believed the hype. Even in his heralded rookie season, his team did not improve with his frequent triple-doubles and ball-hogging. (I thought Andrew Watson deserved to win ROY that year!) While Geoff Petrie managed to build a great supporting cast around cocky Chara to finally get his Kings to the FInals last season, a good supporting cast has continued to elude LeBron. The three-point chucking, no-defense backcourt, overrated sidekick in Gay and shallow bench had yielded a very disappointing 16-14 start.

Image Image

Even with his paltry supporting casts, James has still taken his team far. In 2007, he led a team with a starting backcourt of "Boobie" Gibson (remember him?) and Larry Hughes to the finals. The next year, his Cavs came within 4 points of defeating the eventual champs champion Celtics. Last season, he suffered his only injury of the season at the worst possible time: right before a winnable conference finals series against the eventual champion Hawks. Talk about bad luck! A two-time gold medal winner, one would expect King James to jump ship by now, but that's not his M.O.

A free agent in the 2010 off-season, most expected him to leave, and several teams cleared cap space to potentially sign him. Even with friend and fellow superstar Brandon Roy urging him to "take his talents to Rip City", LeBron stayed true to his Ohio roots, re-signing with Cleveland. Amazingly, many pundits criticized him, calling him "LeMartyr" among other things. Wow.

I've only played against LeBron once so far (he torched Jay and I for 37 points, but we got the W, behind my 8 points on 2-7 shooting), but having also played against Chara and Durant, I can safely say he's the league's best player. I was a lifelong Blazers fan before the Bucks took me, but I have always been rooting for the King to get hid ring. Its hard to see him getting one now with the L-Train going full steam ahead, but if (and its a big if) the Bucks ever get eliminated, I'll be rooting for the King.

Liam Washburn is a 22 year old NBA rookie, currently playing for the Milwaukee Bucks. When not balling, Liam is known to blog, bike, play NBA Elite '13 and drink his teammates under the table.
Last edited by Lamrock on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 am

Not much of a writer, so I'll skip this one. Feel encouraged to write about me, everyone.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:53 am

Giving Iverson the 'injury' so you don't have to play him in your association. :shake:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Martti. wrote:Not much of a writer, so I'll skip this one. Feel encouraged to write about me, everyone.

That's cool. I was only expecting Lamrock, Valor, Manfred to participate in this one... and Thierry to start and finish a third of the way in.

shadowgrin wrote:Giving Iverson the 'injury' so you don't have to play him in your association. :shake:

How can you accuse me of such cheap tactics???
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Sit wrote:and Thierry to start and finish a third of the way in.

:lol:

Leigh Meredith - No idea
Julian Martin - dare
Jesrie Calimas - jesrie
Christian Oliver - No idea
Dee Gilmore - King Dee
Don Elliot - De8
Billy ‘Mole’ Mason - No idea
Alexander Sotirov - No idea
Luka Mandich - mandich
Zee Otoo - z02
Willie Lewis - No idea
Justine Crewhead - Justine.
Megarover - megarover
Lamrock

Re: A Legend Is Born III - L-Train on King James

Postby dare on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:47 pm

I'll skip too, not that good when it comes to writing
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:20 pm

dare wrote:I'll skip too, not that good when it comes to writing

You have a chance to be a top prospect. :P All of the NLSCers start off as second rounders for this next draft since there's so many of you. The more dedicated followers (I know who you all are) will be higher ranked.
Fresh8

Postby dare on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:42 pm

In that case maybe I should try some article, maybe I can earn some points.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:45 pm

dare wrote:In that case maybe I should try some article, maybe I can earn some points.

Up to you. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby dare on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 pm

A Day with the Mamba
Written by Julian Martin

February 28, 2013

The best day of my life just happened today. When ESPN asked me if I can do an interview with Kobe Bryant I did not hesitate to say yes. (It’s him how can I say no.)

6:08 am – I was so excited at the same time nervous. As I was brushing my teeth I keep on thinking what I would ask him. He is my favorite player; even though he got some bad publicity it never changes my desire to meet him.

8:20 am – I’m on my way to the Staples Center home of my favorite team the Los Angeles Lakers. In about two hours I will interview Kobe, one of the greatest player played the game.

I can still remember his unbelievable game against the Toronto Raptors. I just arrived home, I felt bad because I can’t do anything right in that game (4 points in 2 of 15 shooting with 5 T.O). To make matter worse my team was down 20 points entering the second half but I still watch the game, in about 20 minutes I was jumping up and down. Kobe had 60 points and the Lakers tied the game and the rest was history.

9:30 am – I arrived at the arena. The staff told me to wait for a while because the team is still practicing. I decided to watch them; Kobe is just standing there yelling at everyone. When he decided to play I noticed that he was hard on James Carter, he always give a nasty elbow to Carter. But nobody cares, I wonder why.

10:15 am – The staff told me to get ready, Kobe was about to meet me. My heart pounded fast, I was so nervous that I sweat a lot. Then he arrived, he shake my hand and sits down. “Sorry for making you wait, though I still prefer some more practice.” He said. At that time my interview was about to start.

Julian: First question, why so hard on James Carter? I just noticed that earlier.

Kobe: Hard? Are you kidding me? That’s just the way I do. To stay in this league you got to be tough.

Julian: Maybe you’re over doing it? His right eye is swelling from the elbow you gave him.

Kobe: And did you see the way he reacted? He just dunked on me three times after that.

Julian: Alright next question, actually this comes from a friend of mine. You said that Reshawn Tyson is a good player, why did you say that?

Kobe: Well this is one stupid question; we all know that Ty can play. He just got to the allstars team. That’s proof how good he is. But…

Julian: But what?

Kobe: I can see him being a much better player than that; I think his not putting his 100% effort to his game.

Julian: Can I asked why do think that?

Kobe: Can you just ask him?

Julian: Well I can’t because I just here to interview you.

Kobe: Then that’s your problem then.

Julian: Never mind that, next question. Do you think that you can still win the championship? It’s been two years since you won it.

Kobe: You know me kid, I live for that. I can’t go to sleep at night thinking when I can get a hold of that trophy. It’s the only thing I played for.

Julian: Wow you got a serious answer for the first time.

Kobe: And wow look we got no time left.

Julian: Damn time went by fast, last question. What advice can you give for me since I’m about to enter the league.

Kobe: I know your game kid and you better work on your defense. I’m gonna score my career high from you. Ciao!

Then he just leave, he didn’t even shake my hand. I can’t even get an autograph and I know this is my last chance.As I was about to leave the arena, I got surprised to what I saw. Kobe was still shooting some hoops, his work ethic is incredible. For a guy this great and he still have desires to get even better. You can't asked why his one of the best.

I better work on my defense fast; I don’t want this guy scoring 100 on me.

This ain't good as Lamrock's in fact this a terrible article, hope to get some points for effort :P
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Eirsej on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 pm

if kobe is like that in real life, i doubt anyone would want to interview him.
Eirsej

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Eirsej wrote:if kobe is like that in real life, i doubt anyone would want to interview him.

Agreed!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional but that was way too funny with Kobe cutting you off at the end. I'm sure you wanted him to seem like a hard working and serious dude but he comes off as a dick in this interview. Nice work :)
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - L-Train on King James, Dare + Kob

Postby dare on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Well I remember Kobe in one interview that he seems ain't that serious, cant remember what though.
dare
True kings have rings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame