NBA LIVE 10 Title Update Details

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

NBA LIVE 10 Title Update Details

Postby blackflash83 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:25 am

Hey guys,

I'm sure some of you have seen or heard that NBA LIVE 10's update has been released for XBOX 360 (don't worry PS3 owners your update will be coming later this week). Here's a list of everything that went into the update:

NBA LIVE 10 Gameplay Update Release Notes:

BUG FIXES:
- Smooth out some of the hitchiness in the gameplay by tuning blend times for passes as well as some various fixes for blend pops across the board.
- Fixed sliding and warping during standing rebounds
- Addressed issue where defenders would sometimes watch the ball fall off the rim. Increase the allowable distance for a teammate to come help.
- Player Lock fixed. AI teammates will now make decisions on their own when user is player locked offball.
- Put the ball handler into protect dribble if the onball defender attempts to crowd him. Previously, the ball handler would not recognize the defender and just expose the ball.
- “Rocket dunks” fixed. Fixed a bug that was causing dunks to speed up by 30% and added code to have dunks retain the shooter’s on-ground velocity, preserving his momentum after takeoff. Also applies to layups.
- Various post play fixes, including the case where two guys would stand next to each other while one of them was posting up.
- Addressed a potential exploit where it would be too easy to pass to cutters for dunks. As part of this fix, we now allow ball collisions on passes when passing into the paint.
- AI Stagnation fixes: Ball handler would sometimes not properly pass to receivers in a play. Also, we allow the ball handler to “improvise” if we detect he’s been idling for too long.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes an offball cut animation wouldn’t properly settle into the correct spot.
- Restricted the post up and under move to within 12' of the basket. No more ridiculous up and under heaves from deep.
- Fixed an issue where offball post players would sometimes quickly go in and out of post battles, significantly cutting down on jitter.
- Fix for big men waiting too long to outlet the ball after rebounding
- Fix for fidgety boxouts. They should kick in more reliably now.
- Prevent user passes to teammates who will be out of bounds or to teammates in the backcourt after they’ve crossed the timeline.
- Improve goaltending calls
- Fixed ball physics for blocked layups/dunks. There was a mirroring issue that was causing the ball to shoot off in the complete opposite direction of its intended path.
- Fixes for animation oscillation on defense (ie. jittery movement)
- Fixed a bug that would cause certain offball movement animations to not mirror properly
- Series of small fixes to prevent balls from hitting the floor during rebounds.
- Fix for shooting fouls not properly getting called on collision layups. This will yield more realistic free throw attempts for both the user and CPU.
- Put in a fix to mitigate the excessive turnovers inside the paint, specifically after pulling down an offensive rebound. Gives users a little more time to pass out or attempt a shot when they get in congested areas in the paint.
- Smoother ball handler post up entries. Sometimes guys would “pop” into place.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes “freeze” in an offball post battle before receiving a pass.
- Fixed bug where the “check assignment indicator” would draw on one of your own teammates in LIVE RUN games.

GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS:

- Auto-switch to PG on defense after a made basket
- Enabled rim stuffs. Now when you try to dunk in traffic, there’s a chance you’ll brick the dunk.
- Tune nets to make them a bit less stiff
- Added more variation to “get back” animations after made shots. Less “skipping” back.
- Disabled the canned scenario steal that happens when you rip the ball from a player who is sizing up. Instead, we allow actual collision with the ball if the defender performs a steal while a ball handler is making a dribble move. Makes for a much more read and react, twitch game on defense.
- Improved Freestyle pass animation selection to prevent guys from bursting into a sprint while passing on the move.
- Backdown button is back. Enabled right thumbstick click to toggle between face up and backdown postures.
- Disabled the turnaround jumpshot that would play if the shooter is facing away from the hoop when outside of 18 feet. So instead of a turnaround three, players will pivot and shoot a regular jumpshot.
- Minor tuning to shot and layup percentages.
- Improved responsiveness and AI’s usage of offball cuts.
- Stop the rebounder from running up court too early after securing a rebound
- Improvements to reception logic, specifically square up catches
- Improve player reaction to loose ball situations
- Left analog passing improvements: Update analog angle metric to consider the receiver’s destination so you can lead the receiver with the pass
- Improved the logic of when to play a standing reception vs. a moving reception based on the receiver’s momentum and position on the court.
- Added the ability to “lockdown” perimeter ball handlers (by pressing into them) and force them into a protect dribble state.
- Ability to shoot “runners” on demand by driving toward the basket, neutralizing the left analog stick and hitting the Shot Button. Works inside of 18 feet.
- Improvements to user onball defense. Made it easier to stay in front of the ball without “slipping off” when you move your left stick toward the ball handler.
- Anti-cheese code. Prevent users from being able to take offball control of players and run them under the hoop for the cheap pass and dunk.
- Inbound flow improvements. Allow the inbounder to move to multiple (closer) locations along the baseline after picking up the ball.
- User control over shot contest vs. block. Tap of the Block button will always yield a contest animation. Regular press will always jump to block.
- Several improvements for end of game AI logic. When the AI is ahead, they’ll do a better job at recognizing time and score and use more clock. If they’re trailing, they’ll accelerate the offense.
- Improve AI logic for pump fake biting. AI defenders will be smarter about defending pumpfakes according to difficulty level. Previously, the higher the level, the more often they’d bite. Also, if user is pumpfaking multiple times in succession, the AI will stay down.

Other bug fixes:
- Resolved an issue where the DNA Streak would sometimes show an incorrect value
- Resolved several issues which caused Instant Replay to run out of memory
- Corrected an issue where PPG points were incorrectly calculated in adidas Live Run
- Resolved an issue where users with many friends who have played NBA LIVE 10 may experience crashes during log in or post game.
- Resolved an issue with lobby rooms where a user may crash after soaking in the room.
- Replay montages should now scale to be full screen
- Corrected an issue where users would sometimes see their target under teammates instead of their check in adidas Live Run
- Corrected an issue where there was a missing option to not show again on the “Dynamic DNA Not Updated” screen
- Resolved an issue where the game would hang if multiple users left a full Online Team Play session and the session filled up again
- Corrected an issue on the Dynamic Season Team Record screen where an incorrect team would appear
- Resolved an issue where the game would rarely hang after exiting the first game of a Dynasty season if the user entered Rookie Scouting during the off-season
- Gameplay exploit fix. 3 pt step back completion rate.
blackflash83

Re: NBA LIVE 10 Title Update Details

Postby POLISH_BOY on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:18 am

Before reading this I played Live and I've seen that there's an update so, after updating the first thing that I wanted to check out was If you guys added the backdown button, I pressed the rs but I dont think it worked, so I thought that's not that patch which I was waiting for and then I played my dynasty game and what happened was CPU missing dunks . That never happened before. I believe that patch made Dan Gadzuric miss all five dunks ! Now I have to check backdown button once again...
POLISH_BOY

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:29 am

That's an incredibly long list of updates. Thanks for all the hard work and for getting the patch out in less than a month since release!
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:16 am

Good stuff, can't wait to check it out. Glancing at that list it doesn't look like anything could be done with simulated stats in Dynasty Mode though, so it looks like I might have to go with Dynamic Season this year. Still, that's a pleasing list of fixes and enhancements.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:54 am

Yes, y'all fixed the blocking LOL. That's what I'm taslking about

Edit: The game moves so much slower now, There's still the on the floor fouls that result in and 1s
ThaLiveKing

Postby Arcane on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:15 pm

So can't wait to test it out when PS3 version is released.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:39 pm

The update seems to be working out for the best, in my view. It's definitely nice to have the manual backdown control, I'm glad they ended up mapping it to the right stick button.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:35 am

Anyone else notice the computer taking turn around 3's from half court? And the computer gets all the foul calls, but I'm working on the sliders to reduce that, the computer took 52 FTs compared to my 22 LOL. They still lost. Can't F*** wit me lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:00 am

Haven't noticed too many of those, but I have noticed the CPU toss up a couple of wild shots when the offense breaks down which is good to see.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby buzzy on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:00 am

I got a shit load of foul calls in my first game with the patch, but it was because I had my foul sliders almost all the way to the the top (or right if you will). Glad the patch fixed it. (Y)
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm

There's PG Domination now, Chris Duhon was lighting up my team. He doesn't do that in real life lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:02 am

I disagree. In my most recent game with the patch I played the Rockets with the Blazers and Aaron Brooks didn't show any signs of point guard domination.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby UnusualMattyB on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:58 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:Anyone else notice the computer taking turn around 3's from half court?

Yeah, I have been having the same thing, kind of annoying
It's not UNUSUAL...
UnusualMattyB

Postby PrettyODD on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 am

is there a patch that can be downloaded in the internet? im an offline xbox user.
PrettyODD

Postby JaoSming on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:18 am

nope, can't get patches that way, you'll need to connect to get it
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 am

The update should now be available for PS3 users as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jusagamerk26 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:29 pm

just got my live 10. and then it prompted me that there is an update. updated it however the update is so long so i left it and watched tv while waiting for it. when i turned back to video it is now on the main menu. i did not notice a restart after the update or a prompt notifying that the update is done.

how can i know that the game is already updated? thanks!
jusagamerk26

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:17 pm

If the cpu occasionally shoots some turnaround fade away 3 pointers and after playing a game online there is only 1 or 2 replays to view after the game. Also, if you aren't prompted for the update again, your are updated.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BlackRussian88 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:22 am

Hi, everybody! Prompt as to download this updating. The first day I sit for Xbox 360 :oops:
And at me I don't have replays during the game and post game replay. In options I don't have replay buffer. How to correct it...Thanks all (Y)
BlackRussian88

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:35 am

The option isn't available in Dynasty Mode, but should be there in the options screen that's accessible from the main menu.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BlackRussian88 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:44 pm

THX (Y) ! And what about my replay glitch?! It not to correct?! :(
BlackRussian88

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:27 pm

No, it wasn't addressed.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BlackRussian88 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:31 am

Andrew do you can advise to me? How to adjust sliders and other options that game was more realistic. To leave default options?! my NBA live looks awfully. CPU runs chaotically, my players crowd in one place. I look video on YOU TUBE, feeling that I play not that NBA live 10 :D
BlackRussian88

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:52 am

Check out this thread for some suggestions. Playmakers' sliders are always top notch. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BlackRussian88 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 am

thx bro )Now I will search how to solve problem with absence of replays in game
BlackRussian88

Next

Return to NBA Live 10