Houston, We Had A Dynasty - Officially Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Re: Houston, we have a Dynasty

Postby Andrew on Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Nice win, looks like Yao, Martin and Brooks could be a really effective big three for you...so long as Yao stays out of foul trouble. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Justine. on Wed May 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Nice numbers by Yao. Even Memo and Boozer. I bet Lakers will stop your streak and they will continue their streak :D
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby |)e8* on Wed May 05, 2010 10:26 pm

You just defeated the Jazz. I don't like it. Lols jk nice dynasty
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 06, 2010 6:18 am

Andrew wrote:Nice win, looks like Yao, Martin and Brooks could be a really effective big three for you...so long as Yao stays out of foul trouble. ;)

Yeah, they have been effective. If this game had better post play, Yao and Scola's numbers would be higher.
De8 wrote:You just defeated the Jazz. I don't like it. Lols jk nice dynasty

Well the Jazz are a team I have trouble playing against in video games, it's a huge surprise I had a comfortable lead for most of the game.
TryDyingOnce wrote:Nice numbers by Yao. Even Memo and Boozer. I bet Lakers will stop your streak and they will continue their streak :D

Well, we'll see about that. :wink:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 am

axelgomez13 wrote:Yeah, they have been effective. If this game had better post play, Yao and Scola's numbers would be higher.

Good point. Do you use the double-tap up-and-under move much? It's one of the more effective moves as the drop step/spin isn't quite as smooth.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby megarover on Thu May 06, 2010 10:33 am

This looks like a nice dynasty. The rockets are pretty good. I like that Big 3 too and Scola is a pretty underrated player as well.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 06, 2010 11:07 am

Rockets get revenge from last year's playoffs

[4-0]Houston Rockets 117-108 Los Angeles Lakers[4-0]

These two guys traded jerseys over the off-season.

The Rockets headed back to Houston to look to take revenge against the Lakers for last year's playoffs. The Lakers got off to a good start, but the Rockets got them over the foul limit with less than half of the 1st quarter gone. This really had to be the longest game in NBA history (concerning OT less games). The Rockets attempted over 30 FT's in the whole game, but the Lakers also had a huge chunk of FT's themselves. In the end FT's were the difference in the game. The Lakers made a good run in the 4th, but the crowd's "Beat LA!" chants distracted them, because it seemed everytime they attempted a shot while the crowd was chanting, they missed. K-Mart and Yao combined for 55 (35 and 20 respectively) and what ruined the Lakers chances in this game was only Artest and Kobe were scoring. Gasol and Bynum only exploded in the 4th quarter (Bynum fouling out), but it was a case of too little too late. The Rockets are now on a 5-game winning streak, and they host the Durantula's OKC next.

The Rockets are now one of three teams who remain undefeated, the other two being the Cleveland Cavaliers [6-0] and the San Antonio Spurs [4-0].

Shane Battier did a pretty good job defending Kobe Bryant.

SPOTG-
Kevin Martin
35 pts | 4 reb | 1 ast

Box Scores-
33 24 27 33 117
24 27 27 30 108

Top Scorers:
Kevin Martin- 35
Kobe Bryant- 27
Ron Artest- 22

Board Crashers-
Yao Ming- 17
Pau Gasol- 11
Andrew Bynum- 9

Assists-
Derek Fisher- 10
Aaron Brooks- 8
Kobe Bryant- 5
Kyle Lowry- 5

Double Doubles-
Yao Ming- 20 points and 17 rebounds
Pau Gasol- 13 points and 11 rebounds
Derek Fisher- 13 points and 10 assists
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 06, 2010 11:14 am

Announcement

I am going to make some slight changes in this dynasty. I will still do the regular recaps, but I'm upping the CPU sliders because my lowest margin of victory has been just 9. Also, I will be playing 9 min. quarters, because I have scored over 100 points in my first 5 games. Thanks to all who are reading this dynasty.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 06, 2010 11:23 am

Andrew wrote:
axelgomez13 wrote:Yeah, they have been effective. If this game had better post play, Yao and Scola's numbers would be higher.

Good point. Do you use the double-tap up-and-under move much? It's one of the more effective moves as the drop step/spin isn't quite as smooth.

OOOHHH! (slap to my face). That's how you do it? I always wondered how to do it (double tap move), the CPU always uses that against me and it drives me insane! :x Thanks for telling me how to do it, now hopefully Scola and Yao's numbers will be higher. I think one thing they should add to Live 11 for better post play is the ability to use Scola's post moves...
phpBB [video]

megarover wrote:This looks like a nice dynasty. The rockets are pretty good. I like that Big 3 too and Scola is a pretty underrated player as well.

Thanks, I appreciate everyone who's reading this dynasty. Scola has come up pretty good in scoring, when Yao isn't feeling it, but sometimes he can be a defensive liability.
Last edited by Axel The Great on Thu May 06, 2010 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Thu May 06, 2010 11:32 am

Yeah, you've got to tap the button a bit faster than you did when they first implemented that move in NBA Live 08. As I said, it's one of the more effective moves and worth using from time to time. I'd imagine you'd be able to put it to pretty good use with Yao. :)

Nice win over the Lakers, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Clutch on Fri May 07, 2010 2:05 am

haven't had time to peruse the forum lately but this one is definitely off to a nice start (Y) of course i'm biased since it reminds me of my past Rockets and has elements (K-Mart) of my current GSW's... which reminds me, i've gotta make time to post the latest updates
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Axel The Great on Fri May 07, 2010 9:17 am

Oklahoma City got Thunderstruck

[5-0]Houston Rockets 105-Oklahoma City Thunder 88[2-2]

This wasn't the Sprite Dunk of the Night, but in my opinion, a 360 dunk should always be the dunk of the night.

The Rockets hosted the Oklahoma City Thunder, looking to keep their winning streak going. The Rockets got off to a good start, and the Thunder I would say never even started, they had a very tough game. Their big 3 (KD, Westbrook, and Jeff Green) had a solid night, but nobody else supported them. Kevin Durant, when guarded by Battier, really had to work for his shots. In the end though, he was the high point man with 35 points. K-Mart has really been struggling to get to the line, and only shot 1 FT (three-point play). Aaron Brooks started out cold, only having 4 points going into the 4th quarter. However, he finished with 17. Yao scored a season high 22 points, but was just one rebound shy of a double-double. Next the Rockets head to Dallas to play against their division rivals, the Mavs.

Box Scores-
29 25 20 31 105
18 22 24 24 88

SPOTG-
Kevin Martin
31 points | 5 ast | 5 reb

Shane Battier only allowed Kevin Durant to score 4-6 points on him.

K-Mart with the best block of his career.

Points-
Kevin Durant- 35
Kevin Martin- 31
Yao Ming- 22

Rebounds-
Yao Ming- 9
Jeff Green- 9
Russell Westbrook- 8

Assists-
Russell Westbrook- 15
Aaron Brooks- 10

Double-Doubles-
Russell Westbrook- 20 points and 15 assists
Aaron Brooks- 17 points an 10 assists
Last edited by Axel The Great on Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Fri May 07, 2010 9:23 am

Nicely done. Did you try out the up-and-under with Yao in that one?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 am

Yes, I did, but on one occasion Yao simply air-balled right next to the basket. Other than that, it's effective, because if the CPU falls for the fake, and you miss the shot, you're right there for the rebound.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Justine. on Fri May 07, 2010 11:56 am

You remain undefeated! (Y) Superb games by K-mart. Keep it up bro :D
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Axel The Great on Fri May 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks, I now am the only undefeated team. The Cavs and the Spurs have lost one. K-Mart is just a wonder to control, only I wish the refs would start calling more fouls so he could get to the line.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby megarover on Sat May 08, 2010 6:03 am

Wow you have been on a roll to start off the season
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Axel The Great on Sat May 08, 2010 6:18 am

It might come to an end at Dallas though, if a team is strong at the PF/C position, I get killed on the boards.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Axel The Great on Sun May 09, 2010 2:24 am

Rockets extend winning streak to 7

[6-0]Houston Rockets 105-Dallas Mavericks 95[3-3]

The Chuckwagon with his extra beastly FT form.

The Rockets headed to Dallas looking to extend their winning streak. Both teams got off to a good start, and it was a close game until the 4th quarter. With a three in the dying seconds of the third, K-Mart was able to settle down the home crowd. One can consider that the game winning shot because afterwards, the Rockets went on a 10-2 run. Dirk Nowitzki had a superb game with 38 points, but nobody backed him up. The Rockets' 7-footer, however, struggled and only scored 11 points and grabbed 6 rebounds. However, the bench was able to cover up for Yao. The bench together scored 35+ points. K-Mart was the performer of the game, with 30 points and 5 assists. K-Mart still leads the league in FT's made and attempted, despite going three games without attempting three or more FT's.

The Rockets head back home to face Rudy Gay's Memphis Grizzlies, whom are currently 2-5.

Scola showed some defense and had 3 blocks on the night.

SPOTG-
Kevin Martin
30 points | 5 assists | 3 stl | 8/8 FT

Box Scores-
28 26 24 27 105
29 17 24 25 95

Top Scorers-
Dirk Nowitzki- 38
Kevin Martin- 30
Jason Terry- 23

Board Crashers-
Brendan Haywood- 11
Dirk Nowitzki- 9
Caron Butler- 8

Assists-
Jason Kidd- 14
Aaron Brooks- 8

Double-Doubles-
Jason Kidd- 13 points and 14 assists

Blocks-
Yao Ming- 3
Luis Scola- 3
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Axel The Great on Sun May 09, 2010 7:52 am

Rockets blast the Grizzlies to smithereens [8-0]

[7-0]Houston Rockets 114-Memphis Grizzlies 94[3-5]

Zach Randolph's foul trouble got him limited minutes, but somehow he managed to go 30 and 13.

The Rockets were back in Houston, and continued their winning streak. The beginning of the first quarter was pretty close, but the Rockets went on a 9-0 run and scored 37 points in the first. Rudy Gay had 19 points in the 1st quarter alone, but afterwards, he disappeared. Zach Randolph was the one who provided for the Grizzlies with his multiple offensive boards. The Rockets played good defense, boxing out everyone, except Zach Randolph, the one you really want to box out. K-Mart scored a season low 19 points, but Aaron Brooks led the Rockets with 24 points. Six Rockets scored in double-digits: Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin, Yao Ming, Trevor Ariza, Kyle Lowry, and Shane Battier. In the end, the Rockets just showed pure dominance, and won by 20 points.

Next, the Rockets head to Sac-town to face the Kings. This should be an interesting match-up, we will see who makes a greater impact on their new team, Carl Landry or Kevin Martin?

SPOTG-
Yao Ming
12 points | 14 reb | 2 blk

Box Scores-
37 20 31 26 114
27 22 20 25 94

Top Scorers:
Zach Randolph- 30
Rudy Gay- 27
Aaron Brooks- 24

Board Crashers-
Yao Ming- 14
Zach Randolph- 13

Assists-
OJ Mayo- 8
Aaron Brooks- 5

Double-Doubles:
Yao Ming- 12 points and 14 rebounds
Zach Randolph- 30 points and 13 rebounds

The bench got added minutes due to the blowout.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Cleveland wins on Sun May 09, 2010 8:24 am

Great game by Gay and Randolph offensively, great job in the passing game by O.J. Mayo. Keep it up!
Cleveland wins

Postby Axel The Great on Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Uh, why are you complementing the Grizzlies when I'm using the Rockets?
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Cleveland wins on Sun May 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Awe man i'm sorry, i was just impressed by Gay and Randolph, i forgot to mention that you did a great job in blowing out the grizzlies. All that scoring that Gay and Randolph did, and you still blew them out good job! I love your story, i hope your bigs keep scoring, how is Ariza doing? He's my favorite rocket, or do you still have Ariza? And who are you looking to sign in the offseason?
Cleveland wins

Postby Andrew on Sun May 09, 2010 6:03 pm

At the risking of adding to the pressure, you might be able to equal the franchise best 15-0 start set back in the 1994 season; you're not meeting a lot of resistance so far. Keep up the good work!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Mon May 10, 2010 1:51 am

Cleveland wins wrote:Awe man i'm sorry, i was just impressed by Gay and Randolph, i forgot to mention that you did a great job in blowing out the grizzlies. All that scoring that Gay and Randolph did, and you still blew them out good job! I love your story, i hope your bigs keep scoring, how is Ariza doing? He's my favorite rocket, or do you still have Ariza? And who are you looking to sign in the offseason?

Ariza goes up and down during games, he usually scores the first points of every game (because at the start of every game he's the one open behind the arc), but then just disappears. Though with Shane Battier's production, he hasn't seen many minutes, but is still a starter. However, when he can't shoot to save his life, I get him to the line. As for who I plan to sign in the off-season, it's too early to tell, IDK who's gonna be a free agent, but with a full roster, I might have to release a few players to make room for the rookies. IDK what to do, but I'm open for suggestions. :)
Andrew wrote:At the risking of adding to the pressure, you might be able to equal the franchise best 15-0 start set back in the 1994 season; you're not meeting a lot of resistance so far. Keep up the good work!

I really don't know, the Kings (my next opponents) are looking like their Peja-Bibby-Webber days. Tyreke Evans is among the top 10 scorers in the league, and Carl Landry is leader in minutes per game. I will try to break the 15-0 start, and maybe break the 22 game winning streak set from a few years ago. :D
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame