A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Prologue

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 am

ChrisO0 wrote:Great to see you back! :bowdown:

Your virtual player will finally make his long awaited appearance. :P

Note to everyone about that: Was thinknig of putting all the rest of the NLSCers in the next Draft.

Dee24 wrote:welcome back..

Thanks Dee.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Fresh wrote:Was thinknig of putting all the rest of the NLSCers in the next Draft.

That would be great. :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Thierry. wrote:
Fresh wrote:Was thinknig of putting all the rest of the NLSCers in the next Draft.

That would be great. :wink:

Just that there are so many of you... like 12-14... so hard to decide how good you will all be...
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Lamrock on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Liam Washburn: overall 99
Others: overall 65-70 ;)
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Put all NLSCers over 80. :)
× Watching:
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Thierry. wrote:Put all NLSCers over 80. :)

Just like on my dynasty :P
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Lamrock wrote:Liam Washburn: overall 99
Others: overall 65-70 ;)

umm, let me think about that one...

dare wrote:

Just like on my dynasty :P

But I don't want all of you to dominate. :P

And Lamrock... no.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 pm

2011-12 Recap Part 1 - Draft & Free Agency

Retiring Players

Ben Wallace
Kurt Thomas
Derek Fisher

Retiring Coaches

Gregg Popovich
Don Nelson

Knicks Make Travis Ward Surprise First Selection

7’1” Louisana Tech C Travis Ward was a surprise first overall pick by the New York Knicks. It was anticipated that the Knicks would select either SG Larry Williams or PG Ricky Rubio but a last minute change of heart saw the team go for Ward; widely regarded as a long term project. One possible explanation for Ward’s surprise selection is the team’s pursuance of re-signing veteran SG Vince Carter and the Knicks’ reluctance to bring in a young player who would challenge the aging Carter for minutes.

The Indiana Pacers were spoilt for choice as they got to choose between Rubio and Williams; a predicament no one expected. The Pacers went for the 6’4” Spaniard who had led Regal FC Barcelona to one of the best European seasons in history. The Toronto Raptors gladly snapped up 6’4” Larry Williams of Texas Tech. The 24 year old had led his college team to the NCAA Finals and is regarded as the most NBA ready player of the 2011 Draft.

Read More…

Stealth Make Draft Night Deal

The Seattle Stealth made a strange move on Draft night as they rejected an offer from the New York Knicks to trade for the first overall pick. Instead, the Stealth made a deal with the Philadelphia 76ers by trading their 7th and 22nd picks for PG Aaron Karl and F Mingyu Li. It is reported that the Stealth were not willing to part with PF David Lee and that was the reason for turning down an opportunity to draft Ricky Rubio, who many saw as a suitable replacement for Jason Kidd.

Karl was the 11th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. The 6’4” PG from Rhode Island averaged 8.3 ppg and 4.0 apg from off the bench. He has a reputation for working hard and being a positive presence in the locker room. Karl is expected to give the Stealth a solid backup for Kidd thanks to his size. 7’1” Chinese forward Li was the 19th pick of the 2010 Draft and has been lauded as one of the best shooters in the NBA. Playing most of his rookie season at the SF position, the sharpshooter averaged 7.4 ppg on .471 shooting from behind the arc.

Read More…

Kevin Durant Signs Three Year Deal

The Seattle Stealth agreed to a three year deal with two-time scoring champion Kevin Durant. Durant is coming off a strong postseason performance for Seattle, averaging 32.8 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.9 spg and 1.4 bpg. Durant had always intended to sign a new deal with the team that drafted him second overall in 2007. Stealth Head Coach Will Sit commented, “It’s great to have Kevin back on board with the team. I do hope that he becomes a fixture in our Seattle side for many years to come.”

Read More…

Kenyon Martin Signs On For Mid-Level Exception

Former first overall draft pick Kenyon Martin agreed to sign with the Seattle Stealth for the mid-level exception. Martin’s career has been underwhelming despite a strong start in which he was part of a New Jersey Nets team that made the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003. Injuries have taken its toll on the bruising forward who turns 35 next season.

The 6’9”, 240 lbs PF averaged 7.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.4 bpg last season for the Denver Nuggets and holds career averages of 12.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg and 1.3 bpg. He said that he was excited to be reunited with PG Jason Kidd, his running mate in New Jersey.

Read More…

Michael Redd In Sign and Trade

The Milwaukee Bucks avoided losing SG Michael Redd without getting anything in return by signing and trading the veteran shooter to the Sacramento Kings. Redd will join SG Kevin Martin and F Moses Chara in Sacramento, where he hopes to be able to open up the floor for his new team mates. “I’m excited to play with Moses and Kevin,” Redd told press, “I can’t wait to come out and knock a few buckets down and help them out. I think we have the talent to make a good run in the playoffs.”

Moses Chara was excited about Redd’s addition, “I think we have the depth to really make a run at making the playoffs. I haven’t gotten there yet so it’s great that I will have a chance this season.” The Kings sent the Bucks recently-acquired F Al Thornton, PG Beno Udrih, and C Marcus Camby.

Read More…

Carmelo Anthony Selects The Nets

After another disappointing season with the Denver Nuggets, SF Carmelo Anthony decided that it was time to jump ship. Despite claiming that he would not bolt from Denver, Anthony wanted both a change as well as to move closer to home. The 6’8” SF chose the Nets for both reasons. “I think New Jersey has a great young roster and I come from Brooklyn,” Melo explained, “I can't wait to play in front of family and friends who can make the trip to see me play."

Melo joins a young but talented roster led by PG Barney Steele, SG Jeremy Mason, PF Yi Jianlian and C DJ Schmidt. SF Travis Outlaw will shift to the bench in order for Anthony to start. Many believe that Anthony is the final piece of the Nets’ puzzle and are expecting the team to be competitive next season.

Read More…

Nowitzki, Parker, Billups Stay With Their Teams

There’s nowhere better than home according to Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups. Nowitzki signed a 4 year deal to stay with the Dallas Mavericks while Parker and Billups also agreed to contracts keeping them in San Antonio and Denver.

Read More…

Other Notable Free Agent Signings

Bucks sign PG Michael Conley Jr
Celtics sign SF Grant Hill
Clippers sign SF R Jefferson
Grizzlies sign SF Caron Butler
Heat sign SG JR Smith
Nuggets sign PF Zach Randolph
Nuggets sign PG Mario Chalmers
Pacers sign C Marc Gasol
Raptors sign SF A Kirilenko
Sixers sign SG Vince Carter
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - 2011 Draft, Free Agency

Postby |)e8* on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Wow many stars changed homes.When can we expect the draft?
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby dare on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

No NLSC draftees?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Mark. on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Sweet coverage dude, dissapointed Charlotte made no moves. OH well. K-Mart was a good addition though (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

De8 wrote:Wow many stars changed homes.When can we expect the draft?

Be patient. The prologue is set in 2012.... this is still 2011.

dare wrote:No NLSC draftees?

Not yet.

Mark. wrote:Sweet coverage dude, dissapointed Charlotte made no moves. OH well. K-Mart was a good addition though (Y)

Thanks man. (Y)

Yeah, the Bobcats didn't make any big moves unfortunately. But from memory, they do make a move during the regular season!

Signed K-Mart to add some toughness to my side. (Y)
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:46 pm

lol I'm talkin bout 2011 one
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 pm

De8 wrote:lol I'm talkin bout 2011 one

Fresh wrote:Knicks Make Travis Ward Surprise First Selection

7’1” Louisana Tech C Travis Ward was a surprise first overall pick by the New York Knicks. It was anticipated that the Knicks would select either SG Larry Williams or PG Ricky Rubio but a last minute change of heart saw the team go for Ward; widely regarded as a long term project. One possible explanation for Ward’s surprise selection is the team’s pursuance of re-signing veteran SG Vince Carter and the Knicks’ reluctance to bring in a young player who would challenge the aging Carter for minutes.

The Indiana Pacers were spoilt for choice as they got to choose between Rubio and Williams; a predicament no one expected. The Pacers went for the 6’4” Spaniard who had led Regal FC Barcelona to one of the best European seasons in history. The Toronto Raptors gladly snapped up 6’4” Larry Williams of Texas Tech. The 24 year old had led his college team to the NCAA Finals and is regarded as the most NBA ready player of the 2011 Draft.

Read More…

Stealth Make Draft Night Deal

The Seattle Stealth made a strange move on Draft night as they rejected an offer from the New York Knicks to trade for the first overall pick. Instead, the Stealth made a deal with the Philadelphia 76ers by trading their 7th and 22nd picks for PG Aaron Karl and F Mingyu Li. It is reported that the Stealth were not willing to part with PF David Lee and that was the reason for turning down an opportunity to draft Ricky Rubio, who many saw as a suitable replacement for Jason Kidd.

Karl was the 11th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. The 6’4” PG from Rhode Island averaged 8.3 ppg and 4.0 apg from off the bench. He has a reputation for working hard and being a positive presence in the locker room. Although Karl needs much work on his shooting, he is expected to give the Stealth a solid backup for Kidd thanks to his size. 7’1” Chinese forward Li was the 19th pick of the 2010 Draft and has been lauded as one of the best shooters in the NBA. Playing most of his rookie season at the SF position, the sharpshooter averaged 7.4 ppg on .471 shooting from behind the arc.

Read More…

That's all you get. :P
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Bloody hell, Melo, Kenyon Martin & Earl Smith gave up on our team. We might have stumbled a couple of times in the playoffs, but we were so close to competing for the title. It's going to be a tough season for my Nuggets (N) Hopefully I stepped up & we still made the playoffs, although it does seem very unlikely.

Btw, what the heck are you doing drafting a backup PG with a lottery pick. Not only is he a backup, but he's a backup in the Atlantic 10 :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Wow, a veteran signing in K-Mart. I hope you do not lack of youth out there. But that for you got Karl I guess. Is he the nephew of your ex-coach? Dirk signing for another 4 years is fun, I mean he is like 35 already in your D. It's good to see you continuing that one. Right decision!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 pm

The X wrote:Bloody hell, Melo, Kenyon Martin & Earl Smith gave up on our team. We might have stumbled a couple of times in the playoffs, but we were so close to competing for the title. It's going to be a tough season for my Nuggets (N) Hopefully I stepped up & we still made the playoffs, although it does seem very unlikely.

You got Billups, Chalmers, and Randolph now.

The X wrote:Btw, what the heck are you doing drafting a backup PG with a lottery pick. Not only is he a backup, but he's a backup in the Atlantic 10 :lol:

The 2011 Draft pool was piss weak. No good players out there. Karl is rated 85 (strong 2010 Draft class) while Li is rated 79 (same draft class). The player that Philly ended up drafting with 7 was rated 79. So guess who wins? :P

hova- wrote:Wow, a veteran signing in K-Mart. I hope you do not lack of youth out there. But that for you got Karl I guess. Is he the nephew of your ex-coach? Dirk signing for another 4 years is fun, I mean he is like 35 already in your D. It's good to see you continuing that one. Right decision!

K-Mart was just a signing for sake of it. No CAP space in Seattle. :(

And George Karl is my assistant. :P Maybe he asked me to trade for Karl. Aaron Karl is actually redhead white dude. :lol:
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:21 am

Damn, the Nuggets lost Melo, Kenyon and J.R for Z-Bo and Chalmers. Great that you got got Kenyon. He can be a monster when healthy. (Especially in video games)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:26 am

Martti. wrote:Damn, the Nuggets lost Melo, Kenyon and J.R for Z-Bo and Chalmers. Great that you got got Kenyon. He can be a monster when healthy. (Especially in video games)

Chalmers is a very good PG in this virtual NBA... helping Wade lead Heat to the FInals! Also, Z-Bo helped to lead Detroit to the ECF... so he ain't that bad either. :P

I enjoy controlling K-Mart. He's great even if he is rated just 71. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:42 am

Cool offseason moves. Congrats on getting an 85 rated backup PG. :shock:
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:13 am

Loving the Kenyon signing. (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby StupidBoy on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 am

I love that you signed Martin, he's one hell of a video game player (Y) Also, that draft deal seems kinda lopsided in your advantage :P

Btw, can you share the Wizards roster with me? We should have signed someone through the free-agency...
StupidBoy

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:17 am

ChrisO0 wrote:
Fresh wrote:
ChrisO0 wrote:Great to see you back! :bowdown:

Your virtual player will finally make his long awaited appearance. :P

Great news! :D

Nice off-season moves, K-Mart is a monster in NBA 2k!

Thanks Chris! (Y)

Lamrock wrote:Cool offseason moves. Congrats on getting an 85 rated backup PG. :shock:

But don't forget that 2K9 rating system is different to 2K10... a few of my players on my bench are rated between 80-85 (including Sheed, Karl, Bell)

Thierry. wrote:Loving the Kenyon signing. (Y)

He should be a great backup forward!

StupidBoy wrote:I love that you signed Martin, he's one hell of a video game player (Y) Also, that draft deal seems kinda lopsided in your advantage :P

Btw, can you share the Wizards roster with me? We should have signed someone through the free-agency...

Yeah, got in early on the draft deal... before Draft it seemed pretty lopsided but after it, I was proven right about the weakness of the Draft pool. (Y)

And Wizards... they didn't pick up anyone worth mentioning unfortunately. Can't remember who they got to replace Butler.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:51 pm

I dont like Martin or your acquisitions but if they are good for you then it's all good (Y)
Melo going to the Nets...interesting, maybe i should make that happen in mine :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby puttincomputers on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 am

sweet! how are my wolves?
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame