Official Bug Report & Patch Request Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Re: Official Bug Report & Patch Request Thread

Postby nivlag3 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 am

Hopefully this would be added...

Ability to change user control when playing Dynasty mode... this is for the players like me, who likes to play dynasty mode on player lock mode...

What happens now is that when playing dynasty mode... and I'm on player lock.. when my player is on the bench... i cant just watch the cpu to continue play until i got in the game... :(
nivlag3

Postby Joe K on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:39 am

marshallavfc wrote:In Create a player when you select black hair it looks brown not black.

Maybe you should try to turn the brightness of your tv down. It seems that the default brightness is way too high
Joe K

Postby marshallavfc on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:12 am

The black hair on all the other players looks fine though.
marshallavfc

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 am

Everything in create-a-player is lighter than it should be. Check it out in game. I made my cap and chose a skintone that didn't look like it was incredibly bright and it was much darker in the game.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SHAFT23 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 pm

sam young of the memphis grizzlies is also invisible in practice mode sometimes.

after you intervene in a game in the dynasty mode the sound in the game is al messed up. I hear the arena announcer really really hard and i don;t hear whistles or the shotclock or the buzzer sounds..........THIS IS BIG FOR ME, cause i now don;t like to intervene games.

SOme players really do not have their own faces............Francisco Elson looks like a generic player, this is unacceptable......the face doesn;t have to be as perfect as lebrons or wades, but bench guys make the simulation games and they have a huge fanbase too........a lot of bench guys like sam young also don;t look like themselves at all except for the skin colour.....THIS is also a big issue for me with the game. Same goes for Marcus Williams on the memphis grizzlies. he looks like a generic bald guy AND HE HAS THE EXACT SAME RATINGS as one of my other guys on the INjured list, which is really weird.

players are sometimes out of bounds, but it doesn't recognize them being out of bounds. CPu is easily pushed out of bounds too.

Fast breaks should be more fast breaks........sometimes after a steal you still can't break away unless you manually become your wing guy and run towards the basket. The wing guys tend to slow down so do the PF's.

IN dynasty mode I'm not sure in regular mode........you cannot let the cpu play out the rest of your game for you. YOu either finish the game or quit and start over some other time.
SHAFT23

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:38 am

IN dynasty mode I'm not sure in regular mode........you cannot let the cpu play out the rest of your game for you. YOu either finish the game or quit and start over some other time.

That's not a bug, nor is it something that's likely to be added via a patch. Sim Intervention has never been advertised as including that particular feature, though it would be very handy to have. One for the Wishlist, for sure.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:29 pm

In the paint players will mysteriously just let go of the ball. I want it patched out. It's bullshit. I'm not talking about the dribble collision animations. I'm talking about the ball just detaching from the handlers grip. EA devs will know exactly what I am talking about. I don't care if it's in by a design decision, take it out. If I want to stand in the key with the ball and pumpfake till I get a 3 second call, that's my prerogative.

Increase the amount of fouls called online. I don't feel I am being rewarded for creating contact at the basket enough.

Increase the speed of passing animations and pass receiving animations so the ball can actually be swung to the open player before the defense recovers. This is actually a small part of a huge thing that I want patched, but it's an entire game changing thing, so it will have to wait for next year. I basically want faster animations and better response from button presses. I feel like the player I am controlling is one second behind my reactions, so I have to become a short term psychic in order to make something happen. It makes playing against the cpu feel like an online game, and it makes online games feel like I am playing on dial up. To me, it is a game killer. I feel like I am pressing a button then watching and waiting until I can press another button, when I should have as much control as possible over the entire experience. It also ends up with me pressing a button, having the command queued up until the animation ends, but by the time it does I no longer want to do that command, and it happens.

Increase the speed of blocking animations, too. That way most of the blocks won't be from the offhand.

Patch in some post moves or something.

Players running at full stride on a fast break should not slow down around the freethrow line. On top of that, make it possible to alleyoop from farther out if a player is running. Some potential highlights are just odd alley layups.

Many layups animations are so slow that they will allow the defender to get in front from behind the ballhandler and force a collision animation.

Allow passing out of a layup using freestyle passing. Not just the beginning of the layup, but in the air. Even if it ends up being a bad pass, it should be my decision to be able to make it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, I got to learn to press that button lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Some players look like aliens : Taylor Griffin; James White (just to name 2)
When you want to put a headband on James White's head suddenly hair appear . (Thats really annoying bug which along with alien look of James White makes him unplayable for me)
Replays are laggy
No Injuries in dynasty mode (USER controlled team)
Over and Back passes happen too often ( why when one player is still on my halfcourt and I press "A"button the ball goes to him ?! It's so stupid, It feels like CPU is cheating on you forcing you make Over and Back violation)
Things to add :
More player photos (not portraits but those photos that appear in the loading screen and things like performer of the game etc). It's boring when I'm playing Orlando and only photos I can see are Dwight Howard's and Rashard Lewis's . I know that they cant add a photo for every player but 4 or 5 photos per teams should have been included. For example in Orlando Carter and Nelson are players which deserve having their photo in game but they don't have. If you agree with me , post some other examples of stars that dont have their photo included.

Backdown button
Ability to play with any player in Hangar.(Not only those several players chosen by EA)

And a question : Is there any way to play monthly training camps just like in Live 09 ? (In dynasty only chance that I was given to do that was before season, I still see in calendar those workouts in begging of each month but I cannot enter it) If the answer is "No" It should also be included in the patch.
POLISH_BOY

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:31 am

Pdub wrote:In the paint players will mysteriously just let go of the ball. I want it patched out. It's bullshit. I'm not talking about the dribble collision animations. I'm talking about the ball just detaching from the handlers grip. EA devs will know exactly what I am talking about. I don't care if it's in by a design decision, take it out. If I want to stand in the key with the ball and pumpfake till I get a 3 second call, that's my prerogative.

Increase the amount of fouls called online. I don't feel I am being rewarded for creating contact at the basket enough.

Increase the speed of passing animations and pass receiving animations so the ball can actually be swung to the open player before the defense recovers. This is actually a small part of a huge thing that I want patched, but it's an entire game changing thing, so it will have to wait for next year. I basically want faster animations and better response from button presses. I feel like the player I am controlling is one second behind my reactions, so I have to become a short term psychic in order to make something happen. It makes playing against the cpu feel like an online game, and it makes online games feel like I am playing on dial up. To me, it is a game killer. I feel like I am pressing a button then watching and waiting until I can press another button, when I should have as much control as possible over the entire experience. It also ends up with me pressing a button, having the command queued up until the animation ends, but by the time it does I no longer want to do that command, and it happens.

Increase the speed of blocking animations, too. That way most of the blocks won't be from the offhand.

Patch in some post moves or something.

Players running at full stride on a fast break should not slow down around the freethrow line. On top of that, make it possible to alleyoop from farther out if a player is running. Some potential highlights are just odd alley layups.

Many layups animations are so slow that they will allow the defender to get in front from behind the ballhandler and force a collision animation.

Allow passing out of a layup using freestyle passing. Not just the beginning of the layup, but in the air. Even if it ends up being a bad pass, it should be my decision to be able to make it.

Yeah, that's one of my main problems too. Also a lot of fouls that should be on the ground, end up being and 1s. And if there's a breakway and the computer steps in front, that should be an automatic foul.

The game is also lob sided with calls. one team is 15-21, and the other team is 3-5. That's too much of a BIG Difference. I know it happens in the NBA but there seems to be a lot of No calls for one team
ThaLiveKing

Postby nextnba on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:51 am

With all these bugs, I think I will keep playing 09 and wait until a patch comes out to buy 10.
nextnba

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:12 am

This game is a lot better than 09 without the Patches. ANd I Like 09
ThaLiveKing

Postby CHITOWN BULLZ!!! on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:53 am

defense recovers to quick off the pump fakes and on fastbreak attempts!
CHITOWN BULLZ!!!

Postby bee-boy on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:55 am

i really hate how the player just loses the ball in the paint just like pdub pointed out.
ImageWhether you Love him or Hate him you gotta Respect him.
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:06 am

Pdub wrote:In the paint players will mysteriously just let go of the ball. I want it patched out. It's bullshit. I'm not talking about the dribble collision animations. I'm talking about the ball just detaching from the handlers grip. EA devs will know exactly what I am talking about. I don't care if it's in by a design decision, take it out. If I want to stand in the key with the ball and pumpfake till I get a 3 second call, that's my prerogative.

That's what I was referring to before. It's unrealistically difficult to hold onto the ball in the paint at times.

POLISH_BOY wrote:And a question : Is there any way to play monthly training camps just like in Live 09 ? (In dynasty only chance that I was given to do that was before season, I still see in calendar those workouts in begging of each month but I cannot enter it) If the answer is "No" It should also be included in the patch.

Monthly training sessions are working properly, so far as I can tell.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby POLISH_BOY on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:35 am

So why can't I enter them ? I'm in December iin my dynasty already and the only session was before the season.
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Maybe there is an issue, but I'm sure they were working properly; are you sure you haven't set them to automatic or turned off the alerts? I'll have another look myself.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby hardrock90.00 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:05 am

I read that Mark Madsen was invisible in the game.
But in my game there are 2 players that are invisible too: Dante Cunningham (POR) and Jon Brockman (SAC). Their height is 2 cm.
I am playing in a PS3.
Do you have the same problem?
hardrock90.00

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:56 am

It seems like it could be a glitch related to the 365 updates. I don't have any official word on that but that would be my guess at this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SHAFT23 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:52 pm

a major bug that i have encountered is that when players are fouled out, you can still play them.

another big flaw is that when you want to sub, you can't sub situationals like, STARTING 5, BENCH, FT shooters etc. It just puts in random players.

sonny weems is invisible like a lot of other players. Each team has one or two guys who are invisible.

Cannot improve players shooting in the Academy.

The block on dunking should be a foul or black instead it's still a goaltend.

ANOTHER BIG THING FOR ME.........in the dynasty after a yea ror two some guys on the rosters will get the orange hair thing. A couple of guys from echh team have the orange heair suddenly and look the same.

A game that marketed authenticity should for one have ALL player faces look like themselves.......including the bench guys. I'm not talking a little like themselves, but exactly like themselves and they should not have weird bugs to appearances in dynasty mode.

ANdrew plaese put these in your list, cause they are pretty important.
SHAFT23

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:27 am

POLISH_BOY wrote:So why can't I enter them ? I'm in December iin my dynasty already and the only session was before the season.

Sorry for the late reply on this but I've checked and I'm definitely prompted to enter training sessions beyond the initial training camp in Dynasty Mode.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 am

The list in the first post has been updated. I've removed some items that were properly addressed by the update, added a list of issues caused by the update and updated the list of existing issues (pre and post update).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Captured a screenshot of the invisible player bug happening for me during training camp in Dynasty Mode (in this instance, Taj Gibson).

It only happened in the drills. During a 5 on 5 scrimmage, he appeared as normal and I haven't had any issues with him disappearing in-game as yet either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby airshalom on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:00 am

3 horribles bugs

First is when you try to dunk the ball and the computer try to block your dunker. You score but the refs calls for a goaltending. The computer goes inbound after the 2 points but when you see the scoreboard, your previous basket doesnt COUNT !!!!!
Second bug, today I played against Denver. 1 min left, score 104 apiece, Denver choose to make intentional fouls to let you go to the free throw line. It REALLY doesnt represent REALITY ...
When you call a doubleteam, the computer sometimes shoots from almost halfcourt ... WTF ...
airshalom

Postby airshalom on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:29 am

New one juste discover right now

I played Portland against Houston. Fastbreak dunk form Aldridge, two points ... No I score but Ming take the ball, no inbound and the scoreboard doesnt count my basket ... Will I find some new bugs? It looks like there are lots of ....

Hope there gonna be a new patch to fix all that shit !!!
airshalom

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 10