Official Bug Report & Patch Request Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Re: Official Bug Report & Patch Request Thread

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:30 am

Mark Madsen is invisible. I'm serious. I played the fast break drill and selected him as a defender and he was nowhere to be seen, except when my player ran into an invisible barrier or got blocked by nothing but air. I installed the game to the hard drive and added a CAP to the Clippers, just in case one of those things caused that effect.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby J@3 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:35 am

Mark Madsen is invisible.

LOL!

EA = Epic Fail
J@3

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:43 pm

List has been updated.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Pdub wrote:Mark Madsen is invisible. I'm serious. I played the fast break drill and selected him as a defender and he was nowhere to be seen, except when my player ran into an invisible barrier or got blocked by nothing but air.

When the Live dev team said they where going to improve defense this year, I didn't know they were that fucking serious about it. :shock:
It'll take x-ray vision to beat Madsen's amazing D.

Try looking harder Pdub, remember "It's in the game!" :lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby HyP82 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 am

Any release date for the patch?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the other threads, I found the answer.
HyP82

Postby airshalom on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:58 am

More bugs ...

The coach of the Timberwolves is still Kevin McHale in the game no Kurt Rambis at all ...

juggernaut : I had the same problem while playing academy with portland I played the "fastbreak exercise" and I pick Nicolas Batum ... what a surprise HE WAS INVISIBLE !!!

I m gonna play some hours later and post another bugs if I find some !!

NBA Live 10 still ROCKS !!!
Last edited by airshalom on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
airshalom

Postby qwomack74 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:04 am

I HAVE A HUGE GRIPE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Make the Addis Live Run just a simple pick up game option. Meaning instead of TRYING to recruit 5 people (which I am doing in the online thread *cough* shameful plug and thread redirect *cough*) make it where you go into a lobby and just play a game with 5 random people. That way you can not only enjoy this part of the game, but also network with people and maybe create a team to run with. Please fix this, it could make the replay value of this game SKYROCKET !!!!!!!!!!!

PSN - Cross-Eyed-Kid
Lebron James #23, Cleveland Cavaliers
........WE ARE ALL WITNESSES!!!!!!!
qwomack74

Postby DonHarmider on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:37 am

Hello everyone.This is the first time in 7 years i bought nba live.But unfortunately it sounds like the same problems that caused me to abandon this game are still there.The realistic stats issue is simply inexcusable.The developers cant simulate a few times and compare to real life stats?unbelievable.whats wrong with them?it is the most important part of the franchise mode.it cant be that difficult.modders seam to be making way better games than ea.it s note vgen a contest.

and last,i wanted to ask if it is possible to mod this game for ps 3,make changes to roster,gameplay,create players and upload them so others can download the content?like in pc versions,which unfortunately are not available.

can you for example create fiba teams and players for them?please contact me if it is possible or give me a link or hint.thank you all in advance.

hope the game is worth my money or it will be the absolutely last time i buy anything from ea and will have to start a anti ea campaign war and global boycott.

cheers mates

greetings frrom poland

don
DonHarmider

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:31 am

List has been updated again.

DonHarmider wrote:and last,i wanted to ask if it is possible to mod this game for ps 3,make changes to roster,gameplay,create players and upload them so others can download the content?like in pc versions,which unfortunately are not available.

Not as far as I'm aware.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Hotwater10 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:22 am

As most of you know, I get my copy and Elite 360 tomorrow. Any whos. After reading this thread I dont even wanna try it! PG still dominates, Graphic Glitches, and Shooters Mantaility. Do all copies have all these problems?
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I haven't seen any point guard domination.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Me neither. A couple of times it's kind of felt like it, but the stats at the end of the game don't back it up. Defending the paint is a bit of a problem and if you leave a wide open lane to the hoop, point guards will try and take advantage of that. But I wouldn't say point guard domination is an issue this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:38 am

in my series, the first game LEbron didn't do much and almost had a triple double on me, the next 4 games, he completely torched me, if I was playing 12 minute quarters he would have averaged a triple double
ThaLiveKing

Postby havasufalls on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:57 am

Haven't seen any one report this as a problem so maybe its just my copy but as the game progresses the automatic replays stop working and i just see a screen shot. And its not a screen shot of the current play. And once this happens i cant view any replays even manually at the end of the game. The top plays if i try to replay them or save them or anything it wont show any of the plays. I can use the trigger to advance through the play but it has no affect on the replay. The players just stand there. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope i'm explaining it right...
DA MAN HAS SPOKEN
havasufalls

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:07 am

You do have an xbox hard drive right? NBA Live 10 requires a hard drive to hold the replays.
Do you still have the NBA Live 10 demo installed? If you do, try deleting it.

When I view a manual replay, it starts at the end of the play and I have to rewind it. Also, it takes about 3 seconds after the screen shows up before I can do anything.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby havasufalls on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:50 am

yes i have a 20gb harddrive that i havent even used half of it yet. I still have the demo installed. When i first got it wasnt doing this. me and my friend would play just fine. i was able to save a replay (i hit a gamewinner with dirk at the buzzer). It was nice to see it playing in the hanger too. I thought to myself i'm gonna save more replays but since then its been doing this. I'm playin my dynasty now and it sometimes shows the replays or like the other things like a player doing good or hot 3 point shooting and its like sometimes it shows the play other times it just freezes and goes to the next play or back to the game. It seems when I don't try and advance past the automatic replay it works a little better. I'll see at the end of the game if i can review any replays.

Edit: Naw it didnt let me view any of the replays. it just showed the final shot of the game. no matter which replay went to all i saw was a screen shot of the game after it ended. I'm playing 10min quarters hopefully its just not to many replays or something.
DA MAN HAS SPOKEN
havasufalls

Postby toyotascionxd on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:51 am

Please bring back the good old days wherein there are no cpu initiated trades during season mode.
toyotascionxd

Postby tracy1mcgrady4life on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:43 pm

J NILSON!! the guy can't miss from behind the 3pt line.There is a glitch in his shooting style(the same problem was in hedo's shooting style in live 09,he can't miss!!that's why they replaced it).it's not about the defender infront of him,it's about his fast unmissing shot aka faster than ray allen's.

There is another problem called Amare Stoudamire aka Ben Wallace 2003.his D is way WAY!! overrated in defence!!he can defend every single player in the game from kobe to yao.that's UNREAL :shock: !!

and they should decrease the interception/steal frequency,cause it's too high!!
T-MAC TO THE RACK!!!
tracy1mcgrady4life

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 pm

tracy1mcgrady4life wrote:and they should decrease the interception/steal frequency,cause it's too high!!

No need to patch that, there's a gameplay setting for it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby havasufalls on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:27 am

I believe I figured out my problem. I took my game and hd to my sister/bf apt. and I didn't have any more replay problems but I also wasn't online so I'm gonna check once I get home if playing while not connected online will help if not time to use my best buy product replacement plan.
DA MAN HAS SPOKEN
havasufalls

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:28 am

Hotwater10 wrote:As most of you know, I get my copy and Elite 360 tomorrow. Any whos. After reading this thread I dont even wanna try it! PG still dominates, Graphic Glitches, and Shooters Mantaility. Do all copies have all these problems?

Man this game plays tight. PG domination is not really, only depending on who your playing and matchups

To some glitches:

*The computer grabs like 3 offensive rebounds in some sequences, leading them to have like 19 offensive rebounds. I played chicago and they had 19 offensive rebounds and 60 boards total to my 40. I think that's a major problem. And I have the offensive rebound sliders all the way down for the CPU.

*There's no stats and how many fouls each player has that pops up in the game, it's not really a glitch, but this forces me to listen to Steve Kerr because when I played with Miami, with no commentary, Wade was gone and I realized he fouled out. Live 09 had constant info popping up on the screen, I dont know why they took it out the broadcast.

*Computer interceptions are out of hand lol, It's like this game was made for the CPU to dominate. I've won a few games but when I pick teams like the Pacers and Golden State, why do I have to run plays for efficient offense.

*There was a glitch when I was the Celtics Vs the Raptors, saying that a YOUNG Kevin Garnet Goes against a VETERAN Chris Bosh lol. should be the other way around.

*This game really needs a post up button and a box out button. And over the back fouls.

*add some new blocking animations for better shot contesting

*Fix some of those Hustle plays lol

Most of my "requests" are small nitpicks but little things make the overall game play a lot better.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Looks like you need to learn how to rebound. Once you get the positioning and learn to box out, the rebounds are yours. Just jumping after a brick won't get you any rebounds.

You need to position yourself in front of a defender before the ball gets to the rim. If you are close enough to them you can hold the Y button to box out, but it can happen automatically, too. In case it happens automatically, hold the Y button. Just keep holding the Y button and your player will jump for the rebound. You can also let go of the Y button to jump for the rebound manually.

I completely agree on the blocking animations. They are really slow and we can only anticipate blocks on those long collision animations. Most of the blocks happen during a layup where an off hand mysteriously knocks the ball loose.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 pm

The game flows so fast sometimes, there's not enough time. Player controlled CPU Teammates don't even hustle like the CPU on the other teams. I'm always getting out hustled. I guess, Live is back to the old, gotta do everything yourself, cause the computer doesn't really give you any help.

Help defense only comes on the double team and not on the drives, and sometimes players back away from the player attacking the rim
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:48 pm

How often do you use Defensive Assist? I'm not sure if it's just a placebo effect but it seems to help across the board, not just in keeping with your man on D.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby marshallavfc on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:13 am

In Create a player when you select black hair it looks brown not black.
marshallavfc

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 10