Classic Teams '07 * demo released pg.12 - 8.17.09*

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Re: Classic Teams '07 * demo released pg.12 - 8.17.09*

Postby fabri79 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:24 am

Hi BAYAG,

Any progress? When do you think to release the next beta? :)
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 am

sorry for the late reply amigo...

last thing i completed was the 75 gs warriors and i updated the fatigue settings using your guidelines. but not the dunks. I'm not sure how to handle the dunking abilities for these older players, because i'm not really sure what the dunk abilities of these players were back then. I've havent really touched the game as of late since football season and now the MLB playoffs have started...GO DODGERS! ...

lol i'll release what i have completed and you guys can tell me what needs to be adjusted. I really hate doing ratings because people are never satisfied on the abilites given to a player. oh well it is what it is. hopefully this weekend.

daddie9 as far as the arenas go i'm not 100 % sure which teams included yet. All I know is nba champion teams will be there, then after that i'll keep adding teams until i see crashing issues.
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby jettdaking! on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:11 am

i hope you can convert your works to live 08. it's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally nice.
"play me like it's chess and i'll smack you with a checkerboard"
-Celph Titled
jettdaking!
R.I.P. Hip-Hop "1987-2005"

Postby fabri79 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Good! :) Regarding the dunk ability rating, I guess the more you go back in time the harder it will be... However, I think that big men used to dunk easily from the very beginning (of course no windmills or reverse jams or 360 degrees!!! :lol: ). To mess up the argument further on, I've heard many years ago that the first player to dunk from the free throw line was one guy from the '50s... and this article seems to confirm the story! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Pollard ...and he was "only" 6'5''!!! :shock:
fabri79

Postby hydroponic82 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:30 am

hey bayag.

first off its awesome that you did this i finally got to play after awhile and this is by far my fav. nba game now because of what you were able to do with it. so much respect.

only questions i have is how did you get the AJ'1s on the rookie MJ
and the patches on the jersey and the AJ 12's ( on the pictures below)

Im planning on getting a new computer soon ( because the one i have is not so good ...) and i was just wondering if it was because my graphics card wasnt that good (its a nvidia geforce 7000m ) that maybe those didnt show up in the game..
also the jerseys on the nba 50 teams are not the single uniforms for each team represented like that pic.. they are just 1 style

thanks again man I love it either way :D

also is jordan supposed to have the aj11's on the 96 team
hydroponic82

Postby BAYAG on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:39 am

hydroponic82 wrote:hey bayag.

first off its awesome that you did this i finally got to play after awhile and this is by far my fav. nba game now because of what you were able to do with it. so much respect.

only questions i have is how did you get the AJ'1s on the rookie MJ
and the patches on the jersey and the AJ 12's ( on the pictures below)

Im planning on getting a new computer soon ( because the one i have is not so good ...) and i was just wondering if it was because my graphics card wasnt that good (its a nvidia geforce 7000m ) that maybe those didnt show up in the game..
also the jerseys on the nba 50 teams are not the single uniforms for each team represented like that pic.. they are just 1 style

thanks again man I love it either way :D

also is jordan supposed to have the aj11's on the 96 team

The j's will be in the final release ..whenever that is...the trophy on the jerseys were created by conrad for '06 and reused for 07. i'm still debating using the player specific jerseys for the nba @ 50 team..since i was encountering crashes with all the number of teams made, so it may make the final cut.

what im basically doing is adding champions only as playable in season and playoffs and then having all the rest of the runner ups and other teams playable in exibition. be patient..it will come out eventually...free time to patch now is limited but it will be done, i promise. you should see another demo with 75 warriors coming soon. it's been delayed since i just got nba 2k10 yesterday. Current teams usually bore me after a while, so i'll be back to patching shortly. Funny..i started this project about 3 years ago, and i keep adding and adjusting things (Y)
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby BAYAG on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:55 pm

12's were used in the 96-97 season , but they're a personal favorite of mine. I have 2 pairs at home and i dont really wear jordans...mainly dunks. You're right, the 11's were worn during the 95-96 championship run..

the next demo adds 75 warriors and 76 celtics..havlicek, cowens, done nelson before he went crazy...i'll update the thread when something is complete.
BAYAG

Postby BAYAG on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:07 pm

after looking at some tutorials on playbook editing, i decided to experiment with changing the main offensive/defensive strategy of the teams created. I'll be releasing something this week for you guys to try and i would like to receive some feedback and suggestions on suitable playbooks. be on the look out...I may need help finding the correct strategies for each classic team..For sure, all teams played a straight man to man defense since zone was outlawed for years. Here's a description of the selectable stratagies and description originally from FlipzLive07 .

OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOKS
Boston—-PG stand at left top wing and passes to SG, PG immediately cuts to the bucket and gets a pick from PF...SG hits the PG with a pass for the layup or SG goes iso at top wing

Bulls Eye—-PG stands at left topwing to initiate play, he runs towards the C who sets a pick for him, PG either drives or waits for SG to make a cut to the bucket,hit him with a pass for a dunk/layup or shot

Cavalier-—stand near top of the key, move laterally to the right, SF gets two screens...first from PF and second from SG..He flashes to the right wing, PG passes the ball to him for a deep range 2 or 3pointer

Rip Iso-- stand at left wing to begin play, he passes to SF who quickly passes to the SG on the baseline…SG is now in an iso play down the baseline, he can either pull for the jumper after pass or drive

Philly--PG stands at top of the key and moves laterally to the right...SF makes a cut to the bucket where two staggered screens are set. SF receives first screen from PF and second from C, he comes off the screen and receives pass from PG

Rocket Fuel—PG stands at right top wing to begin play...SF gets 3 picks starting with SG from the top right wing, under the bucket from PF and a third pick from C ,he eventually reaches outside the arc, hit him with the pass for a 3point shot

Rising Sun--Stand near top of the key with PG and move right, wait as C runs up to set a screen...C rolls off after the pick and PG hits with a pass or alleyoop…basically Nash and Stoudamire play

Sonic-—PG stands at top right wing...SG gets pick from PF while SG gets pick from C. SG cuts to the bucket and receives pass from PG. If lane is open, SG can get a dunk/layup...if not he kicks ball out to SF who’s open baseline for a deep long range 2 or 3 pointer

Power C-—PG stands at right top wing and makes a direct pass to the C who has established position in the post…C can either score from a backdown position or pass to a cutting SG...Basically the C scores or kicks out pass to the perimeter players for a shot

Power PF—-PG stands at left top wing, pass ball to PF when he establishes position in the low post where he can either score in the paint or pass to a cutting SF or open SG when double teamed

Scorer PF-- Is designed to get the PF in a good scoring position off of screens. PG stands near top of the key and moves right to initiate play. This play has about 3 players lined up on the left side of the court. The PF will then come off of two screens, first from C and second from SF as he cuts towards the basket looking for a layup. PG passes to complete play, this is a very patient play and takes time to develop

Scorer SF—-PG stands at right wing to initiate the play...PG passes ball to SF at the top of key who gets a pick from the PF...SF comes off the pick and drives into the paint for a dunk or layup

Scorer SG—PG stands at right top wing and passes ball to SG at the top of the key...this is basically an iso play for the SG that begins at the top of the key. If CPU helps defense comes, SG kicks ball to open teammate

Highflyer SG—-This is a great catch and shoot play. PG gets pick from SG as SF cuts toward the bucket. PF sets pick for SG while this is happening, the SF would have moved to the baseline left…hit SG with a pass or SF depending on how open both players are...stand at top right wing to initiate

Highflyer SF-—stand at top of the key and move right, PF sets pick for SG as he cuts toward the bucket...PG can deliver an alley-oop pass for a nice dunk or layup

Shooter A—-This is a play designed for SG originally but the PG can take the shot if he beats his man during an iso that results outta this play.

Case 1--PG stands near top of the key and moves left resulting in an iso play where he can score...so for those who have been complaining about CPU Point Guard Dominance, you are simply getting burnt by the CPU PG, get your help defense up

Case 2—- C is already in position for a screen (intended for the SG)...SG gets two picks...first from C and second from PF...PG passes to open SG for a shot

Shooter B—- PG stands at top of the key and moves right for a screen from PF...look for both SG and SF to interchange positions, players get flashed at the 3 point line or end up high post area...hit either of them with a pass for a long range 2 or 3 pointer

Double Back Screen—PG stands at top of the key and moves right, both SF and SG get screens from PF and C respectively...PG hits either player with pass for an open shot

Double Power-—C gets pick from SG, PF gets pick from SF...Basically both bigs make a cut to the bucket...while both SF/SG flash to the high post area for open jump shots...PG can either pass to the bigs who are on the low block or to the wing players...stand at top of the key to initiate with PG

Single Double—- PG stands at top of the key and moves right to begin play...remaining 4 players crowd the paint, SF comes off 2 screens, first from SG and second from PF…also SG comes off a screen from C..PG passes to either open wing player

Screen Game—-PG stands at top of the key and moves right...down baseline, the play is developing as the C goes into a screening position but SF fakes it and rather gets a pick from the SG,he runs off the screen and flashes at the left wing where he gets another pick from PF..PG passes to open SF for a jumper

Shuffle-—PG stands at right topwing to initiate the play...SG gets two staggered picks, first from PF and second from C to the RIGHT post, PG passes to SG who’s under the bucket for a dunk or layup…

Mid Power-—stand at top left wing and move right...PF moves up as if to set a pick for PG but the PF cuts to the bucket where he gets a pick from C...PG now passes to PF who’s now under the bucket for a dunk or layup

Backdoor Play—-PG stands at top of the key and moves right, he passes to C who’s on the low block and the C looks to pass to a cutting SG under the baseline for an easy dunk or layup...very effective if u have a big man with nice ball handling skills

Balance—- PG stands at top of the key and moves right...PF sets pick for C while the SG cuts to the right wing on the court and SF cuts to the left wing of the court..This results in creating mismatches that could work in your advantage as both SF and SG are at an iso position with their CPU defenders...PG passes to either one of them to complete play

Flare-—PG stands at top key and moves left as PF sets screen for him.SF cuts from the high post right wing to the elbow of the freethrow line where he sets a pick for the PF..However PF does not go for the screen and flashes at the high post left wing...PG passes ball to open PF for a deep 2pointer...This play is recommended for big shooting men

Options-—As the name suggests, there are TWO options that arise outta this play...PG stands at top of the key to initiate play. He moves right as he receives pick from PF, while this is happening, the SF and SG are both cutting to the opposite wings...
Case 1-SF gets pick from C and flashes at the baseline opposite wing for a pass
Case 2-SG receives pick from PF as he gets open from the high post for a pass

Secondary Quick Hitters—-PG stands at top of the key and passes ball to PF who’s also at the top of the key.SG cuts towards the PF and receives a pass from him...this creates an iso situation for the SG once he gets the pass…2 options arise
Case 1- SG can score on the iso play
Case 2- SG passes ball to C, when C gets doubled, C can kick ball out to either the SF or SG for a score

Triple Threat—PG stands at top of the key and moves all the way right…he passes ball to SF on the low block to begin the play...there are 3 options that arise outta this

Case 1—SF continues to post up on the block and looks to score
Case 2-SG comes off two staggered screens, first from PF and second from C...SG flashes at the left baseline where the SF delivers a pass to for an open shot
Case 3—SF on low block gets doubled and kicks ball out to PG at the 3 point line for the open 3

Zipper--Stand at top right wing with PG and move right...SF comes off two staggered screens…first from C and second from SG...PG passes SF ball for an open shot or waits for SG to come off another screen from C,which leaves him wide open at the baseline..PG can either pass to both SF and SG .

here are the play numbers from steelman
Here are the new Live 07 play numbers (there are a couple of changes from 06):

0 - Shooter A
1 - Balance
2 - Rocket Fuel
3 - Triple Threat
4 - Options
5 - Cavalier
6 - Zipper
7 - Sonic
8 - Philly
9 - Rising Sun
10 - Rip Iso
11 - Bulls Eye
12 - Boston
13 - Single Double
14 - Flare
15 - Double Power
16 - Double Back Screen
17 - Power C
18 - Power PF
19 - Mid Power
20 - Screen Game
21 - Highflyer SG
22 - Highflyer SF
23 - Shuffle
24 - Scorer PF
25 - Scorer SF
26 - Scorer SG
27 - Shooter B
28 - Back Door Play
29 - Secondary Quick Hitters
BAYAG

Postby fabri79 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:44 am

Interesting post... I think it would take a bit of time and patience but could be an added value for the overall gameplay if there will be 4 suitable schemes for each team. However, IMO, the most logical thing is implementing teams' strategies once we've got the final team list: as to say, once the patch will be completed. :wink: At that point, everybody could suggest BAYAG which could be the better strategies for each team...
fabri79

Postby DUNCANISGOOD on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:14 am

A question:

i copy 54 Laker to final challenge roster.
then i played 54 La VS 59 Bosten(i created 59 bosten from 63 Bosten)
but it crashed
so i try to use 54 La to challenge the other team,there weren't crash!
then i try to use 59 Bosten to challenge the other team,there weren't crash,too!
but only when i use 54 la vs 59 bostenmit crash!
help me!Bayag!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
DUNCANISGOOD

Postby fabri79 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:14 am

Hi BAYAG,

Just wondering about the state of the project... Three months have passed by since the first beta, so I'd like to know how far away it will be the next update (more or less...). Similarly: what about '93 Charlotte Hornets & '04 Timberwolves? I don't remember whether you've already created them or not...
Thanks man! :)
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:20 am

fabri79 wrote:Hi BAYAG,

Just wondering about the state of the project... Three months have passed by since the first beta, so I'd like to know how far away it will be the next update (more or less...). Similarly: what about '93 Charlotte Hornets & '04 Timberwolves? I don't remember whether you've already created them or not...
Thanks man! :)

Hi,
i'm still working on it slowly,mainly the gameplay.04 wolves will be there...but not just yet.I adjusted the teamplays tell me what you think.
75 warriors 79 sonics and 76 celts probably won't be playable and will probably crash. I didn't have time to add the player art into the download as of now. I know iit's taking me forever amigo..I work on it when i can..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sct23x
BAYAG

Postby fabri79 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:09 am

Hi BAYAG,

Just played half game (12 mins quarters), classic Lakers 87 (me) vs Celtics 86 (cpu) match. To me, the main good thing is that players get tired more realistically; a single player doesn't play the whole game anymore... (Y) ...but the cpu ai doesn't seems smarter than before. At the halftime Danny Ainge took 22 shots from the field making just 4 (btw he was Boston's "X-Factor" player, maybe it's related to that but McHale and Parish should have been more involved)... I've also noticed that after an opponent's missed shot, cpu's point guard is less inclined to wait for his teammates, looking more for the fastbreak even when the chances are low; at times, the cpu offense looks more confused than before... :?

Honestly, I'm not sure that changing the teams' strategies deserves your efforts; however, I'd be happy to hear somebody else's experience...

PS: I played the game in my laptop because the desktop died a couple of months ago (this week I'm gonna buy a new one). Maybe it's because this poor integrated graphic card but Dave Thirdkill seems to have some issues (his head looks like completely scratched by white lines). I remember having played 86 Boston many times in the finals challenge mod and Thirdkill's face was ok... so please check it! :wink:
fabri79

Postby Bird_33 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Yeah I seemed to have the same effect as Fabri, with Mchale & Parish though maybe just raise the primacy levels...I havent checked them personally of what you have...I personally put Bird on 99, Mchale on 79 & Parish 69 & I get a good balance between the 3 in a season play...even though Bird is high as possible the other 2's ratings make sure he doesnt have crazy scoring average...getting everything right or close to right is hard work though man so I wouldnt work yourself too much with it..
Bird_33

Postby BAYAG on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 pm

yah i hear ya guys...just trying to make it as realistic as possible.. As far as Thirdkill's face...I realized i didn't include his cf.that's why you get that weird affect. thanks for the feedback.. (Y)

Do me a favor guys...run a season mode sim...and let me know if you see any weird ppg avgs for any of the players.I tried to make them match their real season averages. Try to take a screenshot of the players stats.. I know for league leaders on my pc alcindor and jordan are pretty much neck and neck for scoring lead at about 35 ppg.
BAYAG

Postby BAYAG on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:28 pm

I tried adjusting the primacy higher for bird, mchale and parish, but it caused the gurds to score only 5 pts a game during a simulated season.
I'll try adjusting the numbers a little more to reflect the actual numbers from '86. Thanks for the feedback..

BAYAG

Postby fabri79 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:53 am

Hi BAYAG,

Sorry 4 the late reply, pal... I've just found some time to simulate a season (82 games, 12 mins quarters).

Screenshots NBA Live.rar

As you can see, the stats are quite realistical except for:

1) The poor scoring averages of many key bench players
2) The exorbitant scoring average for a bunch of top players.
3) The teams' overall scoring is SLIGHTLY lower than reality
4) The same could be said for the assist leaders
5) The defensive player of the year... lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fabri79

Postby fabri79 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:01 am

Here comes the second part of the message.... :mrgreen:

I realized that the abovementioned simulated season had no injuries, so I tried to sim a new season with injuries and the issues explained in the first 2 points from the other post don't subsist (almost) anymore:

Screenshot NBA Live (Injuries Simulated).rar

Bottom line, I guess there's a need to increase a little bit the total scoring and assists... what about increasing the passing ability?

BTW it's a videogame and nobody can create a perfect simulation... The stats are really cool already!! (Y)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 am

lol thanks fabri...i just wanted a couple screens..you didnt have to go out of your way.. :lol: I pretty much adjusted the primacy higher for most of the teams...so the main star gets the ball majority of the time. as far as the bench scoring low..theres not much i could do..oh well lol
I'm getting there my friend....I try to release something soon.. but i'm far from finished..
BAYAG

Postby fabri79 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 am

No problem bro... (Y) I don't have a lot of time for playing but I can't wait 4 this patch to be released!!! :D
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:30 pm

anyone interested in a 58 hawks team? one of the few teams to beat boston in the finals.

I found resources for the logos and player ports..only problem is i dont make jerseys.. I can send reference pix if anyone wants to make them..
BAYAG

Postby Moz on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:26 am

how bout these? The only problem will be the numbers since those numbers are customized...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby fabri79 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:10 am

@PhatGeezer:

Nice preview man, but are you sure that '56 St.Louis Hawks used to wear a red jersey?

I don't know nothing about that era... but please have a look at this picture:

http://www.beckett.com/images/pgitems/222400801.jpg This is from 1957-58 season, so St. Louis' home jersey was white and blue.

This other one portraits a game between Boston and St. Louis, even if I can't say the year: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

Anyway, even if he caption is wrong (there's not Bob Pettit in it) one could recognize Bob Cousy (14), Cliff Hagan (16) and Frank Ramsey (23)... According to basketball-reference.com all those players were in their respective rosters during 1958 finals, so probably the away jerseys from that season were blue... :?:

BTW, even if I'm wrong, I'd be happy to get another championship team in the patch BUT this would mean to sacrifice another more recent team due to that "infamous" limit... :( So I'd prefer to keep a newer team instead (1980s, 1990s, 2000s) OR to represent a franchise excluded from the pach (i.e. Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets) OR to choose another team from that franchise... I've been an Hawks fan since the late Wilkins era but 1987 Hawks are already in, so I'd choose 1997 Hawks (Blaylock, Steve Smith, Laettner, Mutombo in their prime... and most of the artwork can be found in Tony Divence's patch)...Bbut this is just my humble opinion! :wink:
fabri79

Postby Moz on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:26 am

But we're talking about the 57-58 Hawks not the 56 Hawks and based here on the one of that retro jersey seller...
:arrow: http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/instylekicks/ they did wear a red kit back then... Regarding the picture you present, I reckon that's the Fort Wayne Pistons (I recognize, if I'm not mistaken, that the guy guarding #23 is George Yardley). About the home jersey, I'm not really sure if it's exactly like that since I've based it on a black and white photo :doh: I just reversed the colour scheme of the road jersey
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby fabri79 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 am

Regarding the picture you present, I reckon that's the Fort Wayne Pistons (I recognize, if I'm not mistaken, that the guy guarding #23 is George Yardley).

Ouch! :doh: My bad... Indeed i remember that Detroit used to wear those jerseys during that "NBA at 50" season... Thumbs up for you, I guess that finding a proper reference for that team doesn't have to be easy... (Y)

Regarding the home jersey I posted, it seems to be the real one (according to this site): http://beta.beckett.com/item/3007027/Ba ... ?tab=Price

and this is a black/white picture of that team: http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/05 ... mp_576.jpg

It seems that the home set had blue letters and numbers with red forms...
fabri79

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07