Re: NBA 2k10 PC Impressions

Postby Angelo on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Please post longer vids bro flame cuz this vid is really short
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:00 pm

yeh it takes longer to do longer videos :O haha i will do up some ones im jsut starting my association to see how it runs. :) doing pretty well so far.
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby Angelo on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 pm

just make a vid in practice or in exhibition mode
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby domidomdomz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:14 pm

-JJ- wrote:
domidomdomz wrote:one quick question, when playing NBA Today, obviously you need internet connection while playing the game, but does the update of commentary and overlays happen during the game or before entering NBA Today menu (or before starting to play the game)? i was asking this question because i cannot set my laptop to high settings when anti virus is on (therefore, when internet is needed during the game(match up), i cannot turn my anti virus off)

No, you don't necessary need internet connection. For example if you play it without internet connection the commentators will refer to simulated (not real) results of that particular week/day in your season/association mode at that particular point, however if you play it with internet connection the commentators will refer to actual data, which is totally sick. Well I have not actually tested this, because the season has not started yet, but I feel it will be an amazing experience.

And the commentary occurs during the game. So for example, when you run a play, the commentators will refer to a game that will take place the upcoming Sunday or he will tell you how many points one of the players playing the actual game got the last time these teams played or yesterday and so on.

During break (inbounds and so on) the commentators will refer and post stats about assist leaders, field goal percentage leaders, about team standings (if you play a team in the same conference, the commentators will compare how both of you how fared so far in the season) and so on. It is pretty revolutionary.

oh yeah that's sick. how about the roster updates bro? is there anything available to be dloaded as of now? i have heard ronnie of 2k posted in his twitter that roster updates were upped. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... ble-2.html

if you have downloaded them, are there problems which came up? i read that ps3 freezes when they tried to dload it.

NBA 2K10 PC and XFire Username: domidomdomz
2KSports Gamertag Profile Page

Don’t you love the chase? Sometimes it doesn’t work out; those are the stakes. But when it does work out, it’s like having that first cigarette: your head gets all dizzy, your heart pounds, your knees go weak. Remember that?
domidomdomz

Postby domidomdomz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:16 pm

flam1ng n1nja11 wrote:My Player Mode

phpBB [video]

have you encountered the "Clone Glitch' yet?

Don’t you love the chase? Sometimes it doesn’t work out; those are the stakes. But when it does work out, it’s like having that first cigarette: your head gets all dizzy, your heart pounds, your knees go weak. Remember that?
domidomdomz

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:22 pm

not of yet.
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby domidomdomz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:39 pm

^^^ ah i see. that happen when you were cut by your team (ie lakers) then asked you to select another team (ie rockets), then you'll have your player stay with the lakers and you're also with the rockets. afaik, the work around here is dont save it and take chances not to be cut by your initial team.

domidomdomz

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:02 am

yeah hahaha.. i have started patching nba 2k10 if you guys wanna see. its in the previews and releases section
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby JBreezey on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:19 am

Hey guys whats up, was just wondering if anyones having the same phenomena as I am with my version of 2K10 (Bought it today at Melbourne JBHifi on Bourke street for $47.50!). Does anyone else's commentators sound muffled? Everything else such as sound effects, crowds, player chatter come out crystal clear but the commentary and stephen K sound slightly muted and mono, its really starting to detract from the beauty of the game :(

"And just like everything in life, things grow, people grow, and people grow apart. It's like some things were never meant to be, you see. But, then again, maybe some things are." - Lupe Fiasco
JBreezey

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:22 am

i will see if i can work on the commentry audio for you with audition.. Ok? I will try that tomorrow. Also.. My name online is flam1ng11 add me and junk i wanna play online so bad.. But not now. Tmorrow bruz
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby atomicat10 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:13 am

Is there rumble support for the 360 gamepad and Sprite ReelMaker on the PC version? Thanks.
atomicat10

Postby Kobe ftw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:19 am

Those ppl who are shittin too much have hardware problems or something else that i can't understand :)

The game is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. and if you have good pc specs you can't wish more.

Was played few games so far, did some nasty moves, blocks and actions on the break it was stunning and really beautiful, Gasol did one putback dunk and it was really smooth and realistic just to injoy, Shanon Brown dunked on Kaman or someone can't remember but it was really good, when you playing black top you can hear player voices when they talkin their names and asking for the ball, player facial expressions are really good, celebration after dunks/lay-ups or baskets on foul are top notch. For my taste i give it 10 of 10 definitly.

Only problem for me is ball bouncing but hope someone will fix that soon, otherwise it's amazing like it is in one of 2kbeats tracks:)

This game is 50 years infront of Live series.
Kobe ftw

Postby MrMakeEmAkRight on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:01 am

Does it have the xbox 360 icons already in game or do we have to patch it again?
MrMakeEmAkRight

Postby JaoSming on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:13 am

there is a post on here saying that the game, once again, does NOT show the 360 icons and will need to be patched again
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby atomicat10 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 am

Can someone confirm if ReelMaker is on the PC ver. or not, thanks.
atomicat10

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:34 am

JaoSming wrote:there is a post on here saying that the game, once again, does NOT show the 360 icons and will need to be patched again

thats correct.. how ever they encourage you to use the controller :S weird huh
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:35 am

atomicat10 wrote:Can someone confirm if ReelMaker is on the PC ver. or not, thanks.

confirmed
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby atomicat10 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks a lot.
atomicat10

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:08 am

I am getting keyboard icons instead of my controller icons. It was accurate to my controller last year, but in game it shows keyboard keys.

Oh, and I suck. Trying to switch to these controls after a few days of getting used to Live's is pretty difficult for me. I was pressing the shoot button way too often rather than using the shot stick.
Alleyops are a little too easy, but they look damn awesome.
I think set plays are getting broken up too quickly. You really have to get to the spot to trigger the next part of the play.

I love the player emotion. Commentary is great.

It might be my setup since I rearranged some things in my room, but sound quality seems pretty low compared to 2K9. Will have to test. It's possible I was just used to the 360 Live 10 sound quality.

I think I will have to up the game speed sliders. Player movement is a bit sluggish/slow for my taste.

Running the game at 1680x1050(native monitor resolution) and everything on high, no MSAA or extra eyecandy. Getting 60 fps.
My specs-

Core 2 duo E6750 @ 3.2 ghz
3gb ddr2 ram @ 800
Sapphire Radeon HD 3850
Win XP SP2
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 pm

phpBB [video]

New G Moments Videos from the post game carnage
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby -JJ- on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:52 pm

domidomdomz wrote:
oh yeah that's sick. how about the roster updates bro? is there anything available to be dloaded as of now? i have heard ronnie of 2k posted in his twitter that roster updates were upped. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... ble-2.html

if you have downloaded them, are there problems which came up? i read that ps3 freezes when they tried to dload it.

I started the game and already official roster update automatically was downloaded and successfully loaded. No bugs here.

Actually the only issues I have to address is the 16:10 ratio issue and isomotion issue with XBOX 360 controller. Otherwise I love and I would never dare to be as picky as all these whiners are in regard of NBA 2k, whether its 9 or 10, because in my not so distant memory I see NBA LIVE CRAP :twisted:
-Pussy Power-
-JJ-

Postby JaoSming on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Well I just spent a quality 2 hours or so with the game, from Midnight to 2, which is past when I usually goto sleep....

The game feels like 2k9, not a horrible thing, just it isnt changed much.

PC users are still bound to the Alternative 1 control scheme from the consoles, usually B on the 360 does a pick n roll control and Y is hop step. For us they are Crossover and Spin move again.

Created a NLSC crew with basic art, got the latest rosters, and played the preseason game I watched earlier in NBA today Knicks vs Celtics. Announcers say a lot of awesome stuff about upcoming games and past games in real life....but, they are still robotic with different pitches. The sound does feel a little low quality, but its 2am, volume is down, so I'll see how I feel about that in the real morning. Had a cool steal and half court heave with big baby before the half. Saved it, went to realmaker and uploaded it. Same with my press photos from the game. Havent seen them come out the other side on the 2ksports website yet though. No idea how to link this PC account to the site either. Console users have the ability to upload replays directly from replay mode...didnt see that option available for us. Oh, and no officially supported custom music.

The game feels slow. I know, i know new turbo system, but it felt slower than the demo & the combine. Had a few fast breaks that were just painfully slow, even with full turbo bars. But sliders fix this.

Known glitch, Coach Settings dont save for each game. Keep that in mind when your team is mysteriously calling timeouts.

Pretty much it, it's going to be a solid year for sure especially with a year under the patchers belts.

My Player tomorrow along with some basic patching research.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby john26 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:32 pm

question: how about sim stats in association mode?
john26

Postby kietsmark on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:46 pm

>>> halfcourt passing is 95% prone to error. even if you have a great passer.
>>> referees give the ball a little bit faster than 2k9
>>> CF's need re-work
>>> no POST-UP? (i can't find the button on offense controller setup)
>>> Lock-on-D is a big improvement
>>> players body scale is somehow thinner than 2k9
>>> for the controller, no need to worry coz' like 2k9 we can re-assign it
>>> great team intros and player signature opening
>>> rooster updates are nice too
>>> there is reelmaker
>>> you need to register via OPTIONS > ONLINE to play online (not your 2ksports account)
>>> online is not on its perfect shape right now... i guess it will be up on october 12.
>>> cool graphics (the body are not shiny as nba live 10)
>>> great replays

overall 8.5/10

that's it for now...
kietsmark

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10