Official Bug Report & Patch Request Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Official Bug Report & Patch Request Thread

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am

Post any bug reports and things you'd like to see addressed in a patch here. Please note that things like the addition of in-game saves or the full All-Star Weekend Mode are not feasible to be patched in.

Issues to fix

• Simulated stats in Dynasty Mode. Star players and other starters don't play enough minutes and several stars are not producing stats that are close to being realistic (eg Dwight Howard averaging 8 points and 9 rebounds per game). Results similar to the ones found in NBA Live 09 would be satisfactory and an improvement on the current stats in NBA Live 10.

• No player injuries during gameplay; hence, no injuries in Dynasty Mode other than the ones that occur during simulation.

• Players who have fouled out are still playable.

• Several players have incorrect salaries, eg Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala have salaries of $1.x million instead of $12 million etc.

• Selecting the "Starting 5" option when making substitutions does not have any effect; the current/pending lineup remains intact.

• Controller buttons cause the game to advance when trying to make substitutions during replays, cutscenes and highlights, not allowing the user to actually complete the substitution.

• Some players who should not be dunking (eg Chris Duhon, J.J. Redick) are throwing down big two-handed dunks.

• CPU team does not call enough timeouts.

• User controlled players lose the ball a little too easily when trying to penetrate compared to CPU players.

• Still some issues with goaltending

• Shooter's Mentality rating gives too big a boost to a player's overall rating.

• Weird lighting issues with certain player hairstyles (eg Robin Lopez, Zaza Pachulia; see screenshot)

• Lighting in The Hangar/The Academy makes players' skin tones appear too bright.

• Some players are invisible during training or gameplay; mostly in training camp drills.

• Kevin McHale is still the Timberwolves' coach.

• Reported issue of being unable to inbound the ball after the CPU opponent scores, calling timeout fixed the error. (Occurred in Dynamic Season game)

• Reported issue of the ball vanishing and the user being unable to switch players, call timeout or do anything else, clock simply ran out. (Occurred in Dynamic Season game)

• Overtime bugs: sometimes overtime is triggered even when the score at the end of the fourth quarter is not tied, or alternatively overtime isn't triggered when the score is tied at the end of the fourth.

Issues caused by the first update

• Random freezing/lock-ups. I didn't get any lock-ups with the game out of the box but I've run into that problem on occasion following the update. It's definitely not a console issues as I'm not having problems with any other game.

• Replays seem to be glitched. The game will cut to a replay but everyone will just be frozen in place. This happened on every single replay that was triggered during Dynamic Season play and for most of the replays triggered in Play Now, though a couple did work properly. As a result, the end of quarter highlight reels are usually missing and there's only one or two top replays available to view after the game.

• The out-of-bounds and backcourt glitches from NBA Live 09 appear to be back. Whereas there were only a few instances of players stepping on the sidelines by default in NBA Live 10, the CPU once again gets away with taking several steps out of bounds when driving baseline or stepping back across halfcourt. Out of bounds calls are definitely on, but sometimes the rule is just ignored for both the user and CPU with players catching the ball out of bounds in the corner without a violation.

• Enabling rim stuffs was great, but they seem to happen too randomly and on wide open attempts.

• The fix that allows the CPU to "improvise" offensively (the AI stagnation fixes) is buggy as it often results in the CPU not bothering to set up a play and putting up a rushed shot after one pass in the halfcourt, barely using any shotclock and often putting up a silly fadeaway from way behind the three point line or having a big man attempt a shot outside his range rather than continuing to run a play. It really needs to be toned down, replaced or removed as the previous issue of the play sometimes breaking down and the point guard overdribbling was preferable.

• Could ultimately be a slider issue, but it seems there's too many interceptions and strips on players driving to the basket, as well as blocks inside. The most frustrating aspect of the blocks issue is that the CPU can get to the hoop very easily and it's difficult to block the shot or even put a body on the shooter, whereas the CPU has little trouble swatting away shots or bumping the user around the hoop.

• Could have just been a lag issue, but in a couple of online games against Pat I felt like I wasn't in control of my players, especially on some drive attempts where I was moving towards the basket but for some reason, my players were stopping and attempting hooks and fadeaways rather than continuing on to the basket for a dunk or layup.

• Foul calls are still a bit inconsistent with the CPU getting away with too much contact compared to the user on shooting fouls.

• Could be just me, but directional passing seems less effective following the update.

• Alley-oop logic seems a bit off as players will often lob the ball backwards to a player at the three point line when a teammate is standing in perfect position near the hoop. Players seem to miss easy lobs as well, either the pass itself or coming up with a rim stuff or fumbling a layup attempt despite being in good position. Obviously that should happen sometimes, but it seems to happen too frequently and in situations where the players involved should be able to make the finish.

• Layup percentages aren't too bad but there's still a tendency to miss easy ones that really should go in.

Things to add

• Ability to view player measurements in the imperial system (feet, inches, pounds) instead of displaying them in metric in PAL versions of the game.

• Ability to use the normal re-order roster menu in Dynasty Mode.

• Ability to customise controls.

• Ability to scrimmage with players in The Hangar (to practice plays).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Bug Report & Patch Request Thread

Postby Hotwater10 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:20 am

Wow, Nice
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:32 am

Andrew wrote:
  • Ability to customise controls.

ah, if only
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:33 am

I know, but I thought I'd throw it in there all the same.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Hotwater10 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:36 am

So there is a chance EA will make a patch with much of this stuff?
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 am

There's a patch coming out and as I understand it one of the things it will be adding is a backdown control. As to the rest of it, I can't sau; only Marcus or one of the other producers could answer that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:41 am

Andrew wrote:eg Dwight Howard averaging 8 points and 9 rebounds per game

Andrew, are you serious?
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby CHITOWN BULLZ!!! on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:46 am

i dnt kno if dis is a bug or not but from the 500 shoes they have some players only have a selection a generic brand shoes, nothin big just somethin i notice.. :roll:
CHITOWN BULLZ!!!

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:
Andrew wrote:eg Dwight Howard averaging 8 points and 9 rebounds per game

Andrew, are you serious?

Unfortunately, yes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby cam on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:43 pm

I'm having this problem (PS3 version) where everyone who has hair that stick out of their head is not interacting properly with the lighting, making it appear slightly transparent and odd looking like this:

It looked a whole lot worse on my TV also. In this screen you can see it obviously looks horrible on Zaza Pachulia, but on my TV, you could also clearly see Nash and Lopez with the shonky hair, can't notice it so much on this screenshot.

It happens to any player that has Hair geometry. To name a few:
Lopez, Nash, Pachulia, Amundson, Noah, Bogut.

Pachulia and Bogut probably look the worst because their hair covers their face, making their face look stupid.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? It's in all facets of the game, in game, the hangar, even if you zoom up close to them in edit player.

Are players using the 360 experiencing this also?

Could a developer please clarify for me that this is a mistake and if it would be able to be patched, because it severely affects my enjoyment of using affected players in the game. Thanks.
cam

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:55 pm

Add some interior defense, the computer shouldn't allow other CPU opponents to just walk in the key uncontested. It is frustrating

Allow the substitution overlay to stay, and not disappear when the player inbounds the ball

And there was already an update for this game, anyone know what was in it? The game did play a bit smoother after
ThaLiveKing

Postby juggernaut on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:44 pm

User controlled players lose the ball a little too easily when trying to penetrate compared to CPU players.

I have noticed this too. is there a slider that can reduce this tendency. coz not only does it give you too many turnovers it also ruins spectacular plays, forced dunks etc. its kinda frustrating. i seldomly dunk now.

Also I was looking for the tutorial/practice sessions(ala Nba Live 09) , i believe there isn't one. I was only able to play Live 09 as a rental on PS3 before and have done little training/practice through their academy and that was a long time ago, then I went back to playing Live 08 on PC, so my orientation with the "how-to"s have changed. so i have no idea how to do certain stuff. Plus it would be helpful since there are several new features for the game.
juggernaut

Postby fjccommish on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

"User controlled players lose the ball a little too easily when trying to penetrate compared to CPU players."

Please please please don't make it easier for user controlled players to get into the lane to score. User controlled players must lose the ball more easily because they exploit the paint more aggressively.
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 pm

It shouldn't be easy, but there's just a bit too much stripping going on when you try to drive...at least compared to what you can do to the CPU at the other end.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Loyal2Live on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 pm

1.) The PG still seems dominant, when playing the CPU

2.) Add some where to practice plays outside of dynasty mode, not sure if this can be patched, but damn....over 300 new plays but how do you do them, variations, etc.

Overall, NBA Live 10.....scale of 1 to 10....15. :bowdown:
In NBA Live, don't play the game....play basketball !!
Loyal2Live

Postby Loyal2Live on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 pm

I forgot....

3.) add more animations for celebrating after the player scores....and even more hyped up celebrations at big moments in the game. Every player doesn't bounce and hop back to the other end of the floor. Maybe somemore signature celebrations
Loyal2Live

Postby Loyal2Live on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Damn I haven't had my coffee yet......

Last thing.....But THE most important

4.) When creating a player, the Shooter's Mentality has a tremendous affect on the overall rating. WTF? I create a guy set the ratings how I want them, nothing extreme like everything 99,....I put his shooter's mentality to a 5....yes I repeat 5.....and the guys rating is a 99. I go back edit the same guy....change his shooter mentality to a 3...yes 3.....the guy's rating is now a 85. Shooter Mentality is the only thing I changed. That's a 13 point overall rating difference for a 2 point rating on shooter's mentality.

WTF is that??????? I have already spoken to my group of LIVE buddies...and its the same thing on at least 6 different copies of the game. This is unacceptable.

By the way....I know nobody else has posted this yet. I woulnd't mind receiving some credit for being the first to spot it, once everybody else sees the problem :lol:
Loyal2Live

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26 am

The EDIT button. Learn how to use it instead of triple posting.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:34 am

shadowgrin wrote:The EDIT button. Learn how to use it instead of triple posting.

beat me to it....

yea, use the edit button
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Harris10 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:28 am

where is the allstar weekend?
Harris10

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 am

removed from the game this year
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Phreezy P on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 am

^Whaaa?! (N) But there are still all star games, dunk contests and shooting contests right?
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:12 am

no, just the all star game, which is in the actual Cowboys Stadium, and the rookie game. No more dunk contest or 3pt contest
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby tracy1mcgrady4life on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 am

JaoSming,why's the "Shooter's Mentality" rating are too low (e.g ray allen's like 9)???
T-MAC TO THE RACK!!!
tracy1mcgrady4life

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:11 am

no idea at all, that would be something to ask one of the EA devs
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Next

Return to NBA Live 10