Official Slider Tweaks Thread

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Official Slider Tweaks Thread

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Post any slider tweaks (including full sets of custom sliders) as well as any general questions about the sliders in NBA Live 10 here.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Slider Tweaks Thread

Postby Playmakers on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:30 pm

It's kinda weird Andrew....

In NBA 2K10 the shooting sliders had to go down for me. But in Live 10 I'm actually thinking about increasing the shooting sliders for the CPU because in the few games i played since release they have really struggled to reach 45% in any game.

This was on Superstar level which really caught my attention. I guess it's good that the CPU doesn't shoot lights out anymore but i was noticing that they struggle to score a lot. Now again i haven't played much vs the CPU probably about a handful of games and only on 8 minute qtr's but the trend so far atleast in my games was that they had trouble offensively putting up points.

I'll probably create some sliders later on just for when i play the cpu this year.
Now Playing

Madden 10/NCAA Football 10

Currently working on NCAA Football 10 Alumni Rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... sters.html
Playmakers

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 am

What teams did you play against, and how is the defense of the team you are using? I am actually seeing the opposite, maybe because I played 3 games with the Clippers?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Playmakers on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:36 am

Pdub wrote:What teams did you play against, and how is the defense of the team you are using? I am actually seeing the opposite, maybe because I played 3 games with the Clippers?

I played Cleveland, Dallas and Portland using Boston as my controlled team.

Boston is good defensively but I held all those teams below 45% shooting on Super Star level. I'll take a lower rated team like Memphis sometime this evening and see if i get the same results. It kinda tough going back and forth between Live and 2K controls though... :mrgreen:
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby qwomack74 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:07 am

Always love your sliders Playmaker!!!! Take your time and give the quality work you always seem to put out. thanx in advance man!
Lebron James #23, Cleveland Cavaliers
........WE ARE ALL WITNESSES!!!!!!!
qwomack74

Postby Playmakers on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:46 am

I've been tweaking 2K right now.

But based on what you guys are seeing what sliders do you think need altered?

I can see a ton of potential in this game with slider tweaks this year if you enjoy playing the CPU. I've had very limited playing time but i'd say CPU's steals and int needs dropped. Human defense is still kinda slow in reacting to things IMO.

Game Speed could come down about 2-3 clicks. As mentioned earlier i think the CPU's shooting sliders need increased just a tad but that might not be wise for everyone. Their offensive attack in the few games i played seem kinda low but again i didn't play Phoenix, Golden St or New York type squads either.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:35 am

I'm torn on whether CPU interceptions should come down or not. I'd like to play it a little more before I make a decisoin on that as it could just be my own carelessness.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Try using the freestyle receiver control more before changing that. I wish I could turn down the interceptions and increase the deflections.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:15 pm

I'll give that a try first, still getting the hang of using it effectively. Thanks. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Playmakers on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:36 am

I know this sounds crazy guys but i've been helping another poster over OS to figure out Pro Level sliders.

Now my skill level is probably more on par with Super Star level but just for realism purposes and allowing the game to have both great balance in both the half court and Fast break area Pro Level is rather good at both.

I've found that that if you tone down the Human shooting sliders and step up the CPU's defense this level can play pretty darn good basketball.

PRO LEVEL

Reduced Agility -40
Reduced Vertical-35........This will allow the jumping to look more realistic Trust me and with Layup/Dunk Freq increased it will be even better

9 Minutes

Gameplay
Speed-45
Fatigue-90
Charge Blk-75
Shooting-100
Reach In-75
In Air Collision-100

Sliders HUM/CPU

Dunk Layup Strip-60/50
Cont Shot %- 40/25
Steal-60/70
INT-60/30
Shot Block-30/30
Layup/Dunk Block-70/70
Off Reb-5/5
Def Reb-70/70
Fakeout-100
Inside Range-15/50
Mid Range-35/50
Long Range-35/50
Alley Oop-55
Layup/Dunk Freq-70
Layup %-45/45
Dunk %-45/45
CPU Pass Accuarcy-100
Hands in Post-45/100
Hands on Perimeter-45/100
CPU Help D-100
CPU Closeout D-100
Last edited by Playmakers on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby buzzy on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:14 am

Pro is the way to go! (Y)
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Playmakers on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:00 am

buzzy wrote:Pro is the way to go! (Y)

yeah but you have really get the sliders right or else it'll be easy. I'm still tweaking things to make it difficult but in a realistic way.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby kevin02 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:33 am

I haven't really done anything yet but i've try adjusting a few things. I really don't trust my self adjusting sliders so i'll wait till some of you guys are done adjusting. I do think that the foul slider should go up but i'll wait to see how much the patch fixes things before i do to much.
kevin02

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm not sure I could go back to Pro unless there's some very good sliders to keep things challenging. I've been enjoying playing on All-Star, when that gets a little easy I'll give Superstar a try.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Playmakers on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:25 am

Andrew wrote:I'm not sure I could go back to Pro unless there's some very good sliders to keep things challenging. I've been enjoying playing on All-Star, when that gets a little easy I'll give Superstar a try.

That's the thing once you tweak the sliders on Pro a lot of things better in gameplay. I haven't updated my post yet but I think i have some settings on Pro level that really makes the game pretty challenging.

Lots of guys at OS are starting to migrate over to Pro Level now aswell.

I'll look at some settings on Super Star level also but naturally Pro level will have some sliders going in opposite direction of Super Star in order to even out the playing field.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby kingjames23 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:23 am

it seems we have a few more sliders on x360, u playing on ps3 or something playmakers?
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:49 am

kingjames23 wrote:it seems we have a few more sliders on x360, u playing on ps3 or something playmakers?

Nope I'm on 360....

I can't waite for them to release the 1st roster update and patch that's when I'm going to put in my edits make this bad boy really play some ball.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby kingjames23 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 am

oh, so you just didnt post your adjustments for cpu helpside d, close outs, etc?
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:27 pm

kingjames23 wrote:oh, so you just didnt post your adjustments for cpu helpside d, close outs, etc?

I didn't realize I missed those sliders......

They would definetly be at 100 each because of the level (Pro)

In fact this weekend i'm going to put in some final base settings because I've modified the sliders since those 1st ones posted. But i do enjoy the level because of the freedom it gives you to play not half court but it opens up the transistion game much better than All-Star and Super Star level.

But like i said i dropped my FG Ranges down quite a bit and boosted up the cpu defense and Pro level is actually kinda good until they release a patch and roster update then i'm going to work on Super Star level game play with tweaked sliders and roster edits at that time.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby Playmakers on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:34 pm

I updated my Pro sliders in this thread. I've been getting some fun wide open games with them without scores getting out hand.

I left CPU shooting sliders all at default because i think each team shoots quiet different lots of variety in FG% by the CPU. OF the human shooting sliders were reduced because they are way OVERATED on Pro Level IMO. Good shooters will still knock down open looks for the Human player but the drop off will now come from bad shooters.

The only thing i would suggest is using the global player tweak for agility and vertical because it makes things look more natural IMO when guys are jumping.

I'm not going to get heavly into Live 10 just yet not until we get a patch and roster update then i have some edits i'll share with the community that i think you guys will really love how they impact game play. But for now I"m using those sliders and getting some nice matchups very realistic outcomes on 9 Minute QTR's
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby atlwarrior on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Playmakers i dnt have the game yet but i see in some gameplay videos the cpu driving with players who hav no business driving thru traffic. Maybe its just me but maybe this could be fixed thru dribble ratings if tht still exists in the game. I was thinking only give players who handle the ball the most a higher dribble rating.
atlwarrior

Postby kingjames23 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 am

only problem im having with your sliders so far is i keep turning the ball over too frequently. if you so much as bump into a cpu player you lose the ball. also, teammate awareness on defense needs a boost. if i get beat my teammates stand around too much and let the cpu drive in uncontested way too often.
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:11 pm

kingjames23 wrote:only problem im having with your sliders so far is i keep turning the ball over too frequently. if you so much as bump into a cpu player you lose the ball. also, teammate awareness on defense needs a boost. if i get beat my teammates stand around too much and let the cpu drive in uncontested way too often.

Not much we can do because remember their is no Help Side defense slider for human this year. I think it's something in the ratings that will need edited in order for players to have better defensive awareness.

Also, i have a detailed post over at OS. I'm looking for 2-3 guys to help with me editing this year.

Are you interested?

Basically there are like 3 Global edits i'm looking at for game play and then the rest is just Individual edits to about 5 players per team to make them more true to life in their behavior on the floor. Let me know if your interested i have two guys from OS already willing to help and i need 1 more guy with good basketball knowledge on the teams and players tendencies.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Postby kingjames23 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:03 pm

i dont think i have played through enough games yet to really say if i can be much help yet. but i'll be sure to let you know if any of my tinkering bears fruit.

i do have this thread from the live 09 forum, EAcrazylegs was considering implementing into this year's player ratings. basically its to give a more accurate number of dunks vs layups per player. viewtopic.php?f=89&t=64780

it might be helpful in LIVE 10 as well... but wait,

NOW HERE'S SOMETHING I DON'T GET...

every player's dunk/layup frequency is set at 0 by default! go into team management/create player/ edit player/customize attributes/inside.... thats... wow.. everybody is set at zero!
kingjames23

Postby Playmakers on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:53 am

kingjames23 wrote:i dont think i have played through enough games yet to really say if i can be much help yet. but i'll be sure to let you know if any of my tinkering bears fruit.

i do have this thread from the live 09 forum, EAcrazylegs was considering implementing into this year's player ratings. basically its to give a more accurate number of dunks vs layups per player. viewtopic.php?f=89&t=64780

it might be helpful in LIVE 10 as well... but wait,

NOW HERE'S SOMETHING I DON'T GET...

every player's dunk/layup frequency is set at 0 by default! go into team management/create player/ edit player/customize attributes/inside.... thats... wow.. everybody is set at zero!

Yeah i know I posted this over at OS about a week ago that every single player had zero dunk vs layup frequency

Funny how no NBA Live developer responded to my post

I think it has something to do with limiting the game from becoming a dunk fest. Also a lot of the individual player edits we are going to incorporate towards tendencies will be from 82games.com data. I think even with some DNA in Live 10 a lot of the players still need further edits to make them more lively during games and play closer to real life counterparts. I'm also going to use those settings posted by Liveking for dunk ratios of each player this year.
Now Playing

Playmakers

Next

Return to NBA Live 10