for Vista 64 bit users

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

for Vista 64 bit users

Postby xKiNg_ORoDx on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:26 am

Whats up everyone i dont know if this has been posted but im just trying to help those patchers out there who have Vista 64 bit,
As you all know everyone who has 64 bit has either had to use another computer and/or transfer files from an external drive back and forth to be able to mod their favorite players or any file from nba 2k9 on iffset or iffeditor or whatever program it may be ,well i tried to find a different solution to this because it was getting pretty annoying using my laptop to just edit files so i looked into it and there is a program you can install called virtual pc 2007 for of course vista 64 bit version its only like 30 mb, to download go here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
well before you do that you will need a windows xp install cd or you can borrow one from someone or something because basically what this program does is it lets you have a virtual pc in a small window and run windows xp and that will act like a pc of its own after you set it up of course and put how much memory and ram will be going to it but i did this yesterday and i am able to run these programs now and you can also install some feature on the program once everything is done which will let you drag and drop files from the virtual pc to your real computer so this is a very good program not just for patching but for any program other program you cant use on vista 64 bit so no more using 2 computers
for more specific info on how to do this click on the link itll explain it more
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/show ... ?p=2607300
hopefully this helps out a lot of us who use Vista 64 bit
:D
xKiNg_ORoDx

Re: for Vista 64 bit users

Postby STOMPTHECOURT23 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 am

i have a question thats off a little topic, i use Xp i was told that if i upgraded to xp 64 bit that it would make a huge difference in the game play, is this true? and is there any modding problems with the xp 64 bit?
[url][URL=http://img193.imageshack.us/my.php?image=405495i255photobucketco.gif]Image[/url]
[/url]
STOMPTHECOURT23

Re: for Vista 64 bit users

Postby xKiNg_ORoDx on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:43 am

i dont think youll notice any difference in gameplay unless you have lots of programs taking up space memory and ram and slowing your computer down which will then affect the game as for the modding maybe someone who has xp64 bit would be able to answer that for you cause i really wouldnt wanna give you the wrong answer but i suggest if you do alot of modding and you like how your system runs now reconsider upgrading unless its something you really need cause having 64 bit isnt all that great when it comes to program compatibility cause usually people just make programs and stuff for 32bit and even though most will work some wont
hope that helped dude
xKiNg_ORoDx

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older