Classic Teams '07 * demo released pg.12 - 8.17.09*

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Re: Classic Teams '07 *more previews PAGE 10 * 6.02.09

Postby BAYAG on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:59 pm

fabri79 wrote:BAYAG, just one question/proposal: if you will decide not to make ’93 (or whatever) Charlotte team, would you consider to add last year New Orleans Hornets? They won 56 games (the most in team history) and then surrendered in game 7 to San Antonio at conference semifinals… I guess you don’t have to work a lot on this team (all the artwork is already made)…

I know, I know, this season they were disappointing… but Charlotte/New Orleans would be the only NBA team not to be represented in the patch except for the last three expansion teams (too few seasons played, IMO none of them deserve another effort from you to be introduced) and LA Clippers (but many strong Lakers teams are already in, so I don’t care).

I’m not gonna ask you to consider/represent any other team. I think the final list of your astonishing work would satisfy even the most “retro-addicted” kind of gamer.. :lol: Thanks!

Im not sure..10 years down the line i dont think anyone would consider new orleans a memorable team from that year...I think chris paul's time will come when they add some more pieces around him..and avoid injuries.

Duncan..release date is gonna be a while...I'm having a weird issue with the 04 t wolves crashing when they play home games....very strange, I double checked dbf and art files....might move on to the next team and try to troubleshoot it later. At the rate i'm going...may be a month or 2.. My time is taken by work and my 1 yr old son, I try to patch with whatever free time i have. :)
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby Valeriu on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:07 am

Does your patch includes any of these players : Elvin Hayes, Nate Thurmond, Alex English, Adrian Dantley, Bernard King, Mark Aguirre or Spencer Haywood ?
Valeriu

Postby BAYAG on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:27 am

Valeriu wrote:Does your patch includes any of these players : Elvin Hayes, Nate Thurmond, Alex English, Adrian Dantley, Bernard King, Mark Aguirre or Spencer Haywood ?

english on 85 nuggets and aguirre on 87 mavs and 89 pistons
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby Valeriu on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:41 am

Great... i’m looking forward to try it and congratulations for the excellent work you’re doing

May i make a suggestion (i know you’re probably tired of reading/answering these) : you can try making some of the missing halloffamers and drop them in the legends pool or in the all star teams - for example thurmond would fit nicely with the 60’s all stars, hayes the seventies and so on.
Valeriu

Postby BAYAG on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:46 am

Valeriu wrote:Great... i’m looking forward to try it and congratulations for the excellent work you’re doing

May i make a suggestion (i know you’re probably tired of reading/answering these) : you can try making some of the missing halloffamers and drop them in the legends pool or in the all star teams - for example thurmond would fit nicely with the 60’s all stars, hayes the seventies and so on.

i cant try.....

I'm running into a bit of a problem now.... I've just 56 and 57th teams (97 heat and 04 twolves) with art and 5 players so far and i'm encountering crashes whenever they play. I may have to resort to reverting all the jerseys back to the blurry 256x256 size to fix the problem or downsize some of the court files....let's see what i can do...
BAYAG

Postby Stress Fracture on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:50 pm

I have a question, can somebody convert it for Live 08?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby fabri79 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:22 am

There is already a “classic team 08” forum viewtopic.php?f=80&t=54990&start=0 but the project seems to be in a stalemate. Maybe you could wait the final release, then ask somebody from that forum to convert it (with BAYAG’s permission)… but I think that nothing can be converted to Live 08 until the patch is not released for Live 07... In any case, we've got to wait...

I'm running into a bit of a problem now.... I've just 56 and 57th teams (97 heat and 04 twolves) with art and 5 players so far and i'm encountering crashes whenever they play. I may have to resort to reverting all the jerseys back to the blurry 256x256 size to fix the problem or downsize some of the court files....let's see what i can do...

Is there a kind of limit regarding the size of the artwork? :( Any news?
fabri79

Postby mariulis1 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:33 am

Healthy BAYAG I'm your fan I love the retro. And continue to do so.
I will pay a very low English language. :D
mariulis1

Postby BAYAG on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 pm

mariulis1 wrote:Healthy BAYAG I'm your fan I love the retro. And continue to do so.
I will pay a very low English language. :D

not sure what you mean...but thanks (Y)

fabri79 wrote:

There is already a “classic team 08” forum viewtopic.php?f=80&t=54990&start=0 but the project seems to be in a stalemate. Maybe you could wait the final release, then ask somebody from that forum to convert it (with BAYAG’s permission)… but I think that nothing can be converted to Live 08 until the patch is not released for Live 07... In any case, we've got to wait...

Is there a kind of limit regarding the size of the artwork? :( Any news?

there has to be some kind of limit..i ran some test by adding twolves and heat to another roster and it worked fine. I think i may just add retro champions then runner ups and other teams until i reach the limit. Anthing with the team number 70 and up is giving me problems...bummer. :(
BAYAG

Postby mariulis1 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:13 am

I wanted to say that you are attaboy, I like your work. (Y)
mariulis1

Postby fabri79 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:39 am

there has to be some kind of limit..i ran some test by adding twolves and heat to another roster and it worked fine. I think i may just add retro champions then runner ups and other teams until i reach the limit. Anthing with the team number 70 and up is giving me problems...bummer.

Ouch! :doh: What a pity… :( Well BAYAG, at least the good news is that now you are aware of the team number limit, so you can manage your “patching time” better because you know exactly where is the end of the track…

The number of teams that will be in the patch is amazing anyway… Faced with a selection, I can only say I’d prefer to see 04 TWolves, 00 Blazers, 09 Magic and possibly 93 Hornets instead of, i.e., 85 Bulls, 04 Lakers (or 98 if 04 are not in), ABA Nets, “NBA at 50 Team” (or whatever “Decade All-Stars”)… Just my opinion, at this point (considering the limit) it's really up to you… However that may be, this patch will be great… (Y)
fabri79

Postby hokupguy on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:28 pm

you might want to see if you can repleace some of the team in the game , to clear up some space. ie east west decades or the noram 30 teams just an idea.

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby fabri79 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:56 am

you might want to see if you can repleace some of the team in the game , to clear up some space. ie east west decades or the noram 30 teams just an idea.

The “normal” 30 teams are not in the patch already, but giving up to All Star teams in order to clear space for the missing projected teams sounds good to me…

Just an idea for BAYAG: why not to keep only “regular” East and West All-Star teams filling their rosters with legends from eastern and western teams in the patch (with Springfield Memorial as home court for both)? In this way we could have 2 legendary All-Star Teams as well as the needed room to add the missing teams. Furthermore, I’m pretty sure one has to keep the “regular” All-Star teams in teams.dbf file or the game will crash. Every other All Star team (including Reebok Young Guns) is erasable… :D
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm

actually i did a little experiment..and replaced the 90's allstars teamnumber with 97 miami heat and i didn't encounter any crashes...let's see how this goes...I'll post some screens of miami if i have a chance.thanks for the suggestions guys. (Y)

yah i'll try to add the allstar teams back later. That may be the cause of all star game during the season crashing...
BAYAG

Postby BAYAG on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:42 am

well replacing the teamnumber with the 90's allstars worked , but in game miami's name would still show as 90s allstars regardless if i changed the teamcode. I just decided to delete the 08 usa olympians.

Here's what i have so far.97 heat
- numbers still havent been changed...
- need to create some logos
- add bench players

BAYAG

Postby Moz on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:32 pm

BAYAG wrote:well replacing the teamnumber with the 90's allstars worked , but in game miami's name would still show as 90s allstars regardless if i changed the teamcode.

How bout editing the locale.eng file? That's the one I edited when I converted your 92 Dream Team patch to 05 so that on the edit player menu it'll show as the 92 Dream Team instead of the overwritten International All-stars team (the team I've replaced on the conversion). Maybe it'll work on the problem you're encountering. The only conflict you'll have including it to the patch is if someone got a different locale.eng file on their game (for example those who got shoe patches installed on their game).
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby fabri79 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Nice snapshots :) I really hope PhatGeezer's suggestion is gonna work!
fabri79

Postby DUNCANISGOOD on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:37 pm

HEY,BAYAG.
YOUR WORKS IS SO NICE THAT I REALLY EXPECT THE RELEASE OF THE LATEST CLASSIC TEAM '07.
PLEASE GIVE US A PROBALY TIME THAT THE PATCH WILL BE RELEASE.
THANKS!!
DUNCANISGOOD

Postby fabri79 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:31 am

Hi BAYAG, I’ve just found your new classic court patch in another topic… Congratulations, well done! What about this patch? Any progress? Which new teams should be lost because of the limit (assuming you found that eluding the limit through editing locale.eng file doesn't work or something)? I hope at least 00 Portland, 04 Minnesota and possibly 09 Magic will be in... :| Thank you in advance!

HEY,BAYAG.
YOUR WORKS IS SO NICE THAT I REALLY EXPECT THE RELEASE OF THE LATEST CLASSIC TEAM '07.
THANKS!!

Regarding this, everybody here would like to get the patch ASAP… but we also know that everything good takes time! I guess BAYAG will tell us a date whenever is about to get it done, but also because of the abovementioned issues, I don’t think this will be anytime soon... So we've just to wait and I'm sure this wait will be worthwhile! :)
fabri79

Postby fabri79 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:48 am

BAYAG, I just wrote in the other topic (Classic Courts 08) that some retro courts from 1997 season for Live 07 were made by Tony D viewtopic.php?f=69&t=41713&start=0 So BAYAG, if you were still considering to make a Charlotte Hornets team you could ask permission to use that court (even if Charlotte Coliseum during the early '90s was different, that 97 court is really well done, so it could be useful for a Glen Rice leaded team)... I feel really sorry to have found this patch only now, this could have saved your time in making 97 Heat court (but not cyberfaces or portraits, lots of them in that 97 patch are generic)...
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:03 am

fabri79 wrote:Hi BAYAG, I’ve just found your new classic court patch in another topic… Congratulations, well done! What about this patch? Any progress? Which new teams should be lost because of the limit (assuming you found that eluding the limit through editing locale.eng file doesn't work or something)? I hope at least 00 Portland, 04 Minnesota and possibly 09 Magic will be in... :| Thank you in advance!

HEY,BAYAG.
THANKS!!

Regarding this, everybody here would like to get the patch ASAP… but we also know that everything good takes time! I guess BAYAG will tell us a date whenever is about to get it done, but also because of the abovementioned issues, I don’t think this will be anytime soon... So we've just to wait and I'm sure this wait will be worthwhile! :)

well for an update..im going thru all the courts making adjustments(mainly im trying to thin out the court lines)..to make them look nicer..I'm trying to lower the resolution of some of the stadium/court art so the end user doesn't encounter crashes.As far as release it's probably months away.As you see in the classic courts threads...I announced i was making those over a year ago and i finally released them last week lol.

You probably wonder why it takes me forever to release anything
1. i believe in quality over quantity
2. i'm a 35 yr old family man and have other responsibilities. I patch when i have a little free time.When you have kids you'll find out lol.

This was the 1st ea game i played, my dad bought it for me in 3rd grade lol
BAYAG

Postby fabri79 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:14 am

You probably wonder why it takes me forever to release anything
1. i believe in quality over quantity
2. i'm a 35 yr old family man and have other responsibilities. I patch when i have a little free time.When you have kids you'll find out lol.

Holy words man, holy words... This is 100% consistent with my posts... (Y) I guess everybody knows there are other retro patches here and there in this whole forum but none of these goes close to yours... I mean, nobody except yourself has ever made a single patch with the most important NBA teams from every era with accurate ratings, cyberfaces, portraits, logos, courts, coaches... and the final version of this patch will be even better. I've read the previous posts of this thread and I knew from my first post you got back from retirement to get this patch done for the love of the game... :applaud: Bottom line, I think everybody here is grateful and nobody between those which asked you about the release date are really in a hurry... especially in the summer! :mrgreen:

This was the 1st ea game i played, my dad bought it for me in 3rd grade lol

Never heard about this game before... Erving vs Bird... But is it a basketball simulation or a street-fighting, strangling game?!? :shock: :P
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:56 pm

good news guys...

I managed to get the nba @ 50 east and west allstars to work for allstar weekend season mode. :D
the teams are auto generated from the season roster...

I have a question about the default roster rookie /soph teams...are they playable during exibition? and what jerseys do they use?
I havent played them, so i don't remember. If i get the rookie/soph game to work..that means i covered the allstar weekend crash issue..
BAYAG

Postby macosxuser on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:05 pm

I have difficulties putting in the patch... Here is the layout of my folders

Contents
Under "Contents" - Frameworks folder
Under "Frameworks" - .dylib files
Under "Contents" - Resources
Under "Resources" - English.lproj (empty folder)
Under "Resources" - icon.icns (icon with Tracy McGrady)
Under "Resources" - preferences (config and .reg files)
Under "Resources" - transgaming
Under "transgaming" - c_drive
Under "c_drive" - My Documents (empty folder)
Under "c_drive" - Program files
Under "Program files" - Common files, NBA 2007, rid-nba7.rar, vty-nl71.rar
"Common files" is an empty folder
"NBA 2007" has ai (not the downloaded patch's folder), anim, audio, EASO, fe, interface, layouts, main, merlin, movies, scripter, sgsm (not the downloaded patch's folder), support, sysmgr, tuning, database, gamedir, loc, simeng, ubi folders and a bunch of other files with various file extensions. Inside these folders, there are various files...
Under "c_drive", there are two other folders - windows and document settings that turn out empty.

How can I install the game? Where do I put the folders?
macosxuser

Postby fabri79 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 pm

good news guys...

I managed to get the nba @ 50 east and west allstars to work for allstar weekend season mode.
the teams are auto generated from the season roster...

I have a question about the default roster rookie /soph teams...are they playable during exibition? and what jerseys do they use?

Great! (Y) Well, by default the rookie or the sophomore teams are not playable in the exhibition mode but it is possible to play the rookie game from the main menu, selecting the “all star mode” instead of “play now”. So the two teams can play only one against the other in Las Vegas All-Star court. Every single player wears his own teams’ jersey (just as in the reality)…
fabri79

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07