Road to Glory - A New Jersey Nets Association

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [NBA 2K9]Road to Glory - Chapter 1, Complete Draft Board

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:52 am

This was THE draft for Phoenix :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:52 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:This was THE draft for Phoenix :P

Couldn't put it better myself...they had the TWO biggest steals of the draft in Griffin at 6 and Jrue Holiday at 37...0.0
Steve Kerr is finally doing something right lol
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:24 am

Griffin going #6, Holiday going #37 (he went third in mine!) and Curry sliding so far are weird, while Motiejunas is a 2010 prospect. However, its one of the most realistic drafts I've seen.

I would say New Jersey is probably the best dynasty team right now. I almost picked them myself.
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 am

1. | Hasheem Thabeet | 7-2 | 267 | C | UConn

Thabeet is actually 7'3'. Just a small error you've got. But I'm pretty confident that one inch isn't gonna change anything :D

I think you should have picked Griffin. When I create myself next year in my dynasty, I wouldn't want me to be on my team.. :D

But yeah, I actually like these associations/dynasties where a player is created.

So, hope this lasts even longer then your Bulls.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 am

Lamrock wrote:Griffin going #6, Holiday going #37 (he went third in mine!) and Curry sliding so far are weird, while Motiejunas is a 2010 prospect. However, its one of the most realistic drafts I've seen.

I would say New Jersey is probably the best dynasty team right now. I almost picked them myself.

agreed, the draft was quite good in terms of being realistic, with the exception of Griffin and Holiday....as for the Nets, they are a fun little team that you can rebuild with that is not in an outright disastrous situation :wink:

Martti. wrote:1. | Hasheem Thabeet | 7-2 | 267 | C | UConn

Thabeet is actually 7'3'. Just a small error you've got. But I'm pretty confident that one inch isn't gonna change anything :D

I think you should have picked Griffin. When I create myself next year in my dynasty, I wouldn't want me to be on my team.. :D

But yeah, I actually like these associations/dynasties where a player is created.

So, hope this lasts even longer then your Bulls.

Thanks for the heads up, will change immediately
meh, i don't like Griffin's play style of just attacking the rim and dunking on every possession...kinda like Amare and Lebron James...I prefer players that plays with skills (like Kobe!)
barring technical difficulties, this should go on for a long time :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah, because LeBron is totally lacking in the basketball skills department.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Lamrock wrote:Yeah, because LeBron is totally lacking in the basketball skills department.

that's not what i meant, he's just less refined then players like Kobe thats all
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:20 pm

New Jersey Acquires former 3rd overall selection Darius Miles
June 26th 2009

The New Jersey Nets have acquired forward Darius Miles from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange
for forwards Eduardo Najera and Trenton Hassell, General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe announced today.

"Darius (Miles) has proven himself to be NBA ready again with his performances last year, and we think
he'll really be able to help our team move towards our ultimate goal of winning a championship" Vandeweghe said
"We really appreciate all the contributions to the team that Eduardo (Najera) and Trenton (Hassell) has made
during their time here in New Jersey, and we hope them success in their career"

Cuban, Mavs gets Shaq from the Suns
June 28th 2009

The Dallas Mavericks have acquired hall of fame center Shaquille O'Neal from the Phoenix Suns in exchange for
Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, and their 2010 1st round draft pick, Team Owner Mark Cuban announced
earlier this evening.

“It is a really unique and rare opportunity to bring in a player of Shaq's caliber. We are excited to see how his
presence, experience and play positively impacts our team,” Cuban said "“Our goal remains the same – to win
a championship. Any time you can add a hall of famer and a 4 time champion to help you reach your goals, you just
can't say no to that."

O'Neal joins a Mavericks team that now consists of Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowiziki, and Jason Terry in his quest for his 5th ring

Defending Champs steal Jeff Green from Oklahoma City
June 28th 2009

Mitch Kupchak seems to produce miracles through Michael Jordan.

Following his acquisition of All-Star Pau Gasol 2 seasons ago for draft bust Kwame Brown, a move that has ultimatly earned
the Lakers their 15th championship trophy, Kupchak has apparently done the impossible once again.

The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired last season's sixth man of the year, swingman Jeff Green from the Oklahoma City Thunder
in exchange for forward Adam Morrison and the Lakers' 2010 1st round pick, General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today.

Yes, Adam Morrison, the former 3rd overall pick by the Charlotte Bobcats that was considered another one of Michael Jordan's blunders
as a GM alongside his drafting of Kwame Brown, has given Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers a young and promising star Jeff Green in return.

"We are extremely glad that we are able to obtain a young and bright talent in Jeff (Green), we feel that he can help our team maintain our
high levels of play and play a role in defending our championship" Kupchak said "Adam has been a great teammate and a hardworker, we wish him
the best in his career."

First it was Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, now it's Jeff Green for Adam Morrison...What would Kupchak produce next?

Last edited by Valor on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Nets sign Snow, Wilcox
August 3rd 2009

ImageImage
The New Jersey Nets have signed point guard Eric Snow and forward/center Chris Wilcox to their roster, General Manager
Kiki Vandeweghe announced today. Per Team Policy, terms of the deals were not released.

Snow, a 14 year veteran, had announced medical retirement last season after suffering from a tore cartilage in his knee
prior to the 2007-08 season. However, recent tests have shown that Snow has made a complete recovery and upon New Jersey's
offer, decided to lace up once again, even if it's only playing a mentor role for the next generation.

Wilcox, a 9 year veteran, was drafted 8th overall in 2002 by the LA Clippers, he has enjoyed few successes in his career,
mostly during his time with the Seattle Supersonics (now the Oklahoma City Thunder). In his 9 year career, Wilcox is averaging
9.3 points and 5.4 rebounds. While playing for the Sonics in 2005–2006, Wilcox averaged 14.1 points per game and 8.2 rebounds per game.

Golden State Signs Shawn Marion
August 7th, 2009

The Golden State Warriors have announced earlier today that they have successfully come to terms with forward Shawn Marion and inked him
to a multi-year deal

Marion have been traded from Phoenix to Miami, then from Miami to Toronto in the short span of 1 1/2 seasons. The 4 time all-star
would join a run-and-gun Don Nelson team that consists of Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins, as well as 8th overall pick Ty Lawson.

"We are extremely happy to have successfully signed Shawn (Marion) to the roster" said General Manager Larry Riley "He is a terrific player
that fits well into Coach Nelson's system, we feel he is going to able to help lift the team to the next level"

Blazers signs AI to roster
August 10th, 2009

The Portland Trailblazers have announced that they have signed the former league MVP Allen Iverson to a multiyear deal. Per team policy,
terms of the deal were not revealed.

Iverson was the 2001 MVP, where he carried his team to the NBA finals before losing to the Los Angeles Lakers in 5 games. A 10 time All-Star,
AI was the 1997 rookie of the year, 4x NBA scoring champion, and 3x NBA steals leader. Iverson has career averages of 27.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg, and 2.2 spg.

"We are glad that we were able to add Allen (Iverson) to our young core" said Kevin Pritchard, GM of the Blazers "Allen (Iverson) has had tremendous success
in this league throughout his career, he is a future hall of famer, and we feel that he has what it takes to help our team towards our goal of winning a championship,
while passing on his legacy to the next generation."

Thunder signs Trevor Ariza
August 16th 2009

The Oklahoma City Thunder have announced their signing of former Lakers swingman Trevor Ariza to a multiyear deal. Per team policy,
terms of the deal were not revealed.

"Well, everyone criticized us when we traded Jeff (Green) away, but all those people can shut their traps now, we just stole Trevor from LA"
General Manager Sam Presti said "Without Ariza, LA is not going to be able to defend their championship that easily"

The Defending Champions had resigned Lamar Odom to a muliyear deal but only offered Ariza a very small contract due to the hard cap,
and Ariza's agent refused it. Ariza was a key member of the Lakers' Championship run last season, shutting down opposing players with his terrific
defense and helping the team with his hustle and energy.

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [NBA 2K9]Road to Glory - Offseason Deals, Major FA Signings

Postby hova- on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Some nice signings. Lakers got Jeff Green, but they shouldve kept Ariza. Marion seems a nice fit. AI not really. Keep it up ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Martti. on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:28 am

I like that Shaq got traded here too :D Nice signings you made and Miles could be useful down the stretch.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:44 am

Shaquille in Dallas (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:23 am

Marion in Golden State... If that were true in real life fans would be going nut's. Excellent fit for Marion style. And Shaq and Dirk in the front court is thug nasty! Lol
33_ALLDAY_33

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 am

hova- wrote:Some nice signings. Lakers got Jeff Green, but they shouldve kept Ariza. Marion seems a nice fit. AI not really. Keep it up ;)

Yeah i reckon LA should have resigned Trevor...but Jeff Green is not bad either, he is much cheaper then Ariza also.
Portland now has a jam at the 2 spot with Roy, Iverson, and Fernandez, all 3 are starting caliber players.....i wonder how they plan to distribute the minutes around to keep everyone happy....

Martti. wrote:I like that Shaq got traded here too :D Nice signings you made and Miles could be useful down the stretch.

Yeah, kind of a surprise to me, and even more realistic since there were rumors a while back about Shaq wanting to go to Dallas (him and Cuban are friends)
I really think Miles can be a big contributor off the bench or even replace Simmons as the starting SF, he's got that kind of ability.

thierryhenry50 wrote:Shaquille in Dallas (Y)

Yup, Mavs now have two HOF/future HOF players in Shaq and Kidd now, and of course a former MVP in Dirk

33_ALLDAY_33 wrote:Marion in Golden State... If that were true in real life fans would be going nut's. Excellent fit for Marion style. And Shaq and Dirk in the front court is thug nasty! Lol

Indeed they will, Marion and Don Nelson are each other's perfect match :D
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:17 am

2009 Offseason Recap

Transactions

- 20/06/09
Jazz Head Coach Jerry Sloan Retires
Rockets Head Coach Rick Adelman Retires

- 22/06/09
Nuggets Fire Head Coach George Karl
Nuggets Hire Head Coach Lloyd Richardson
Pacers Fire Head Coach Jim O'Brien
Pacers Hire Head Coach Kelly Francis
Wizards Fire Head Coach Eddie Jordan
Wizards Hire Head Coach Jackson Farley

- 23/06/09
Bucks Fire Head Coach Scott Skiles
Bucks Hire Head Coach Eddie Jordan
Clippers Fire Head Coach Mike Dunleavy
Clippers Hire Head Coach Jim O'Brien
Jazz Hire Head Coach Dion Hickman
Rockets Hire Head Coach George Karl

- 25/06/09
2009 NBA Draft

- 26/06/09
Grizzlies Trade: Darius Miles
Nets Trade: Eduardo Najera, Trenton Hassell

- 28/06/09
Suns Trade: Shaquille O'Neal, Robin Lopez, Matt Barnes
Mavericks Trade: Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, '10 1st round pick Dallas

- 28/06/09
Thunder Trade: Jeff Green, D.J. White
Lakers Trade: Adam Morrison, '10 1st round pick LA Lakers

- 30/07/09
Raptors Sign Robert Swift to 4yr/$21.37M deal
76ers Sign Linas Kleiza to 4yr/$25.37N deal
Nets sign Eric Snow to 1yr/449k deal

- 31/07/09
Spurs sign Rasho Nesterovic to 2yr/$7.21M deal

- 01/08/09
Cavaliers Sign Marcin Gortat to 3yr/$15.42M deal
Thunder Sign Brian Skinner to 1yr/$$2.55M deal
Spurs Sign Zaza Pachulia to 4yr/$23.43M deal

- 03/08/09
Nets sign Chris Wilcox to 1yr/1.43M deal
Kings Sign Kwame Brown to 4yr/$19.33M deal
76ers sign Brandon Bass to 3yr/$16.93M deal

- 04/08/09
Hawks sign Travis Diener to 3yr/$14.62M deal
Hawks sign Mike Bibby to 4yr/$34.21M deal

- 05/08/09
Kings sign Brevin Knight to 3yr/$9.13M deal
Bucks sign Juan Dixon to 5yr/$28.55M deal
Hornets sign Jarrett Jack to 3yr/$14.09M deal

- 07/08/09
Pacers sign Jamaal Magloire to 2yr/$6.62M deal
T'Wolves sign Paul Millsap to 4yr/$45.91M deal
Warriors Sign Shawn Marion to 4yr/$32.44M deal

- 10/08/09
Blazers sign Allen Iverson to 3yr/$23.57M deal
Warriors sign CJ Watson to 5yr/$32.12M deal

- 13/08/09
Bobcats sign Michael Finley to 1yr/$2.24M deal

- 15/08/09
Kings sign Anderson Varejao to 4yr/$29.00M deal

- 16/08/09
Thunder Sign Trevor Ariza to 4yr/$28.99M deal
Nuggets sign Ramon Sessions to 5yr/$32.86M deal
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:22 am

Nets acquires veteran point Bobby Jackson from Kings in three way deal
October 25th 2009

The New Jersey Nets have acquired point guard Bobby Jackson from the Sacramento Kings in
a three-way deal that involved the Nets, the Kings, and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Nets General
Manager Kiki Vandeweghe announced earlier today.

New Jersey sends forward Ryan Anderson to the Sacramento Kings, and also guard Keyon Dooling to
the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Jackson. Sacramento also gets guard Shaun Livingston from
the Thunder and sends forward Cedric Simmons packing to Oklahoma City.

A former Sixth Man award winner, Jackson had his best years in Sacramento where he played for the Kings
from 2000 to 2005 where he was known as "Action Jackson" and a crowd favorite. Jackson has career averages
of 9.7 ppg, 2.6 apg, and 3.1 rpg, as well as 0.9 spg in a total of 755 games played throughout his 12 years in the
league.

"We observed our team's play throughout the preseason games thus far (New Jersey has played 6 of their 7 games so
far, has a 2-4 record, and are currently on a 4 game losing steak), and we feel that Patrick (Mills) isn't ready to play major
backup minutes as a floor general just yet, he has potential, but still needs time to refine his game." Vandeweghe said "We
needed a reliable backup point to dictate the offense when Devin (Harris) rests, and we feel that Bobby (Jackson) is more then
capable of doing just that."

Vandeweghe did not say it, but this trade will also free up more cap space next season as they are now rid of Keyon Dooling's 2 year
contract. Jackson is on a 1 year contract, just like nearly all of the Nets' players; This move prepares the Nets for this year's upcoming
free agent class as they now will have approximately 32-33 million dollars in cap space to pursue players like Dwyane Wade and Lebron James.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [NBA 2K9]Road to Glory - Nets acquire Bobby Jackson

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:37 am

You should do the VC trade. Courtney Lee is a stud.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Lamrock wrote:You should do the VC trade. Courtney Lee is a stud.

tempted, but my roster is full and i have no use for Rafer Alston and/or Tony Battie :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:23 am

Why were so many coaches fired and hired? Denver firing George Karl surprised me.
[Hyperize]

Postby Valor on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:42 am

XxCavaliers wrote:Why were so many coaches fired and hired? Denver firing George Karl surprised me.

not quite sure what the reason was myself....logically speaking, as the Nuggets made the playoffs George Karl should be safe...maybe the cpu determined that they had a sub-par season and just fired him...but in that case i have no idea why Bryon Scott still has a job..the Hornets failed to make the playoffs :shock:

meh, 2k9's CPU acts weird 99.9% of the time
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:11 am

Preseason Recap

Preseason Results - 3W 4L

October 13th vs Los Angeles Lakers
Win 107-106
Outstanding Players
LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant 32 pts 8 ast, Lamar Odom 17 pts 12 reb, Derek Fisher 12 pts 13 ast
New Jersey: Vince Carter 31 pts 6 reb, Devin Harris 19 pts 8 ast 3 stl, Leo Lai 13 pts 4 ast (off the bench), Patrick Mills 8 pts 2 ast (off the bench)

October 15th @ Indiana Pacers
Win 135-122
Outstanding Players
Indiana: Danny Granger 25 pts 6 reb, Troy Murphy 28 pts, Brandon Jennings 8 pts 9 ast (off the bench)
New Jersey: Devin Harris 22 pts 15 ast 3 stl, Yi Jianlian 25 pts 7 reb, Patrick Mills 8 pts 7 ast (off the bench), Leo Lai 17 pts (off the bench)

October 18th @ New York Knicks
Loss 112-120
Outstanding Players
New York: Chris Duhon 31 pts 11 ast, Eddie Curry 20 pts 10 reb, David Lee 8 pts 10 reb
New Jersey: Yi Jianlian 21 pts 11 reb (8-8 FG), Vince Carter 36 pts, Devin Harris 14 pts 9 ast

October 19th @ Phoenix Suns
Loss 116-123
Outstanding Players
Phoenix: Grant Hill 28 pts 6 reb (off the bench), Leandro Barbosa 20 pts 17 ast (off the bench), Blake Griffin 13 pts 6 reb
New Jersey: Leo Lai 25 pts 5 ast (off the bench), Vince Carter 24 pts, Devin Harris 16 pts 11 ast, Yi Jianlian 15 pts 10 reb 3 blk

October 21st vs Indiana Pacers
Loss 100-102
Outstanding Players
Indiana: TJ Ford 20 pts 7 ast, Troy Murphy 18 pts 12 reb, Danny Granger 17 pts
New Jersey: Devin Harris 17 pts 7 ast, Vince Carter 18 pts, Patrick Mills 9 pts (off the bench)

October 23rd @ Los Angeles Lakers
Loss 102-105
Outstanding Players
LA Lakers: Lamar Odom 20 pts 13 reb, Kobe Bryant 30 pts 6 ast 5 reb, Derek Fisher 8 pts 14 ast 6 reb, Jeff Green 18 pts, Pau Gasol 9 pts 10 reb
New Jersey: Vince Carter 29 pts, Yi Jianlian 11 pts 11 reb, Leo Lai 19 pts 7 reb 5 ast (off the bench), Sean Williams 2 pts 10 reb 3 blk (off the bench)

October 26 vs New Orleans Hornets
Win 109-102
Outstanding Players
New Orleans: Chris Paul 19 pts 16 ast, Morris Peterson 25 pts, David West 16 pts 6 reb, Tyson Chandler 4 pts 10 reb 3 blk
New Jersey: Vince Carter 28 pts, Leo Lai 20 pts 5 ast (off the bench, 10-10 FT), Yi Jianlian 18 pts 12 reb, Brook Lopez 13 pts 13 reb

Nets Top 3 Plays of the Month

3. Devin Harris with the impressive throw-down on the Nets' fastbreak attempt in the Nets' 135-122 win in Indiana,
Harris finished with 22 points, 15 assists, and 3 steals

2. Rookie Leo Lai posterizes Lakers' 7 foot center Andrew Bynum in the Staples Center, The Nets lost 102-105 but
Lai had an impressive performance off the bench with 19 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists

1. Vince Carter's game winning 3 pointer from way downtown at the buzzer with back-to-back reigning MVP Kobe
Bryant guarding him. The Nets steal the preseason opener 107-106, Carter finished with 31 points and 6 rebounds

Note: sorry but no per game stats for each player because after the Hornets game, it moved on to the regular season screen and the preseason stats are then nowhere to be found...
Last edited by Valor on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [NBA 2K9]Road to Glory - Preseason Recap

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:25 am

Leo Lai played all the games from the bench, he was on fire (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:30 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:Leo Lai played all the games from the bench, he was on fire (Y)

most of the points were scored either from the free throw line or on fast breaks though, he isn't good enough to be put on the starting lineup yet, maybe in a season or two..his overall is just in the mid-high 70s right now...actually, in that draft, only Blake Griffin's overall was in the 80s, and it was in the mid 80s only. the rooks have a long way to go :wink:

stay tuned, the highlight plays of the month (which includes an impressive poster dunk on Bynum by Lai, and a buzzer beater 3 from Carter) will be uploaded shortly (unfortunately only pics...), and put on the recap :)
Last edited by Valor on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:31 am

Hey. Snow is retired.
Kobe: Sorry Lebron, maybe next year?
chinoy316

Postby Martti. on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:32 am

Lai played great! Mills also had some nice games, great to see that.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame