NBA 2k10 Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Re: NBA 2k10 Wishlist

Postby guigou on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:16 am

national teams for in the live
guigou

Postby john26 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:14 pm

*Make portrait editing easier - it doesn't need texmod.
*In-game save
*Make importing a pre-modded draft class possible.
*Make roster editing easier. (names)
*Saving box scores in a text file or xls
*Showing stats in game
*A 1-2 min game summary video similar to what espn puts in game recaps that tells important turning points in the game, injuries, notable dunks from 1st to 4th
*Improve simulation stats especially rebounding numbers
*All Star Weekend
*Improve the player attitude, like for example Gerald Green, he is good, but he is too laid back so now he is a wasteland of talent. the ratings must drop dramatically and its the GM's job to improve him.
*Make trading more harder and add some realistic rules like only trade recently signed player before the opening night on Dec 15 and so on.
john26

Postby Heat19 on Fri May 01, 2009 3:25 am

I would like 2 say 1st of all Hi everyone, and hope u list yr wishes 4 the next game but please try 2 be reasonable so 2K can make it.
Then i would like to thank 2K for their game its been a big hit, i think its even better than NBA LIVE 09
1st coz they forgot us PC Users and then coz 2k9 is much better in Graphics, and gameplay.
Then this thread is about our wish lists for the next game, so u read it 2k and make our wishes true.
The Wish list ( is taken from other forums and of course my opinion as well ).

1. I would 2 show u this link and u can say weather u want this or not in the next game
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=63012 , This link shows us what kind of textures they should put for next year. see em and tell me do u like them.
so the 1st wish is if they can adjust the Textures to be as real as these once in the pictures.

2. I would love for them to improve the Rating issue in the Association mode, the moral thing. I mean when ever one player is demoralized the whole team drops, i think this is a big glitch. I mean i play a 7 min and i give them good minutes but still they complain and more want more , thats one of things dat i hate about this game.

3. The All-Star Weekend, why 2K doesn't do it like NBA Live, the weekend needs 2 include Slam Dunk contest, 3Pts contest and rookie Challenge and maybe the Skill Challenge

3. The Commentary is boring once u play 4 a month or more u might have heard it all. Look 2K i think it shouldn't have a general Commentary but be more specific. What i mean is they should talk more about how the season is goin and what team has a win streak or what team is struggling or what player has the hot hand, or even talk about the Individual awards or how is seriously injured or who is the league's top scores and Defenders u know like in real life.

4.Trading, I mean its so Dump to give a way LBJ to the Timber Wolves. dats what happened in my Association, thats a dump trade. ( CPU did it ).
I think that the CPU teams should Know what they need and who is the superstar in the team and hold him down as much as they can and use him as they should be used.

5.Gameplay needs 2 improve, defense and Offense should be more smoother and flow better. and the CPU teams should run plays more than what they do in the game.

6. the Animation needs 2 be fixed at a point in the game some times the player look like they are ice skating instead or running.In addition to that when the players look sometimes is wired and there are more animation problems i bet 2k know about them.

7. In-Game Errors i mean down at the stretch. they had the ball and went 4 a shot i blocked it and it was called Goaltending . i was so angry about this. another thing sometimes the CPU goes outbounds or goes beyond the Half court line after they passed it.

8. have sign shots and sign Dunks 4 some players like LBJ or D.wade .

9. make every player's body, some player their bodies are not theirs in the game. like D.Wade is thinner than what he is in the game and more players not only D.Wade.

10. The NBA Draft should have more depth into it, and u should have online updates 2 the game about the upcoming rookies at least for the 1st year in the Association Mode, and the commentators should comment about them.

11. The before game action, i mean 2K must put back the kits before the game the warm up uniform.

12. Put more Shoes, and sign Shoes for some players. Like D.wade wears Converse and Lebron James wears Nike.

13. Put the ability to chance players hair coz they do cut their hair.

14.ratings should improve slower than they do in the game i mean Beasley is 99 in his 3rd year. thats a bit hard 2 happen i mean D.Wade was 94 in the NBA Live 2006 after 4 seasons.

15. International Teams should be put in the game not all at least the top.

16. Try to get some Better Scorebored like TNT or ESPN.

17.the crowds they are very live but the need 2 work in different intensity, what i mean is like when the game starts in the game they act like when the game on the stretch and in real they aint like that, or in the playoffs they should be more live.
btw i posted this in the 2k forums but i got no reply and i m not pretty sure if 2kpeople even read these posts.
thats what i could think of for now, plz add more if u wish more or know a bug in the game that needs 2 be fixed, thank you.
Heat19

Postby GeeZee_1 on Sat May 02, 2009 6:13 am

Well, I think we all want

*A possibility to save in-game. For some people, 12 minute games are the only ones that bring real satisfaction, but that would mean 1.5 h for one 2k9 game and that's too much.. A chance to save the game between quarters would be a thing to consider.
*Creation mode. Upgrade the Create-a-player (add sliders for transparency and more hair/facial hair etc.) and create-a-team (create a brand new logo with some presets, new jerseys and new courts - edit the paint, seat colours etc.) and of course, create-a-play. You could have 5 circles on the court (PG, SG etc.) and then tell them what to do, like, press the button "cut" and then draw a line from one circle (eg. the circle "PG") to a place on the court. The same with picks, passes and so on.
*Fix the goaltending glitch. God, it's annoying.
*The All-Star Weekend. With everything - Dunks, 3's, All-Star game, Skills competition, Shooting Stars, maybe even H-O-R-S-E (imagine that!) :D
*Crowd upgrade. 1) When a team gets blown out, the crowd gradually leaves. 2) Different fans, not like 6 people all around the arena. 3) Different crowd for the Playoffs. 4) If a game-winner is buried, make it a real celebration. You know, the explosion from the seats, the hands in the air...
*Emotion. That's what basketball games lack right now. We need players celebrating after a facial slam or a clutch shot. With their body and ESPECIALLY their face. They gotta be really hyped and pumped after great plays. Another category are game-winners. When we score the game winner, we're happy right? But the feeling is cooled off by the simple walking away to the locker room by the players. We need the whole bench running on the court and celebrating together, holding the hero in their hands. Show us emotion.
*Commentary. A simple way to get around the monotone comments is talking more about the teams situation in the game/season. Like - the C's/Cavs/Lakers are really hot this season, but comparing to the whole season, this game is not the best in this and that category. They should try doing this or that because that has brought W's all season long. (Especially if we talk about the C's D :) )
They could talk about the hot players, about cold players and maybe upcoming games and stuff.
*Player announcements. Y'know, the lights, the fireworks, the music, everything - to get us excited too! Like - the away team is announced and then the announcer goes "The moment you've all been waiting for. Stand up, because here come your BOSTOOOOOOOOON CELTIIIIIICS!! (Don't ask, that's my fav team :D)" and then BOOM go the lights, the players do what they do before games, and after that they huddle up and do their dance.
*Flagrant fouls and technicals. That's for when the game get's tight. This kinda even falls in the emotion category. There should be a chance to argue with the refs - sometimes you're gonna get the tech, sometimes the call might be reversed.

And the last but not least

*Tv-like stuff. Interviews before the game, at halftime (with the most succesful player so far), postgame interviews. And please, make someone sit at the desk when it's halftime! They should talk about thegame, who's hot and who's not, what's the key to win etc.

It's been tiring to write this :D A lot of stuff to improve, but this would be the perfect basketball game and I would give a lot to get one.

A career mode would be OK, but I don't need it that much. All I REALLY want for 2k10 is EMOTION. (Player emotion, crowd emotion and before-the-game player announcment emotion), the rest can wait. I even wanna send this all to 2k now :D
GeeZee_1

Postby p1mpman1a on Sun May 17, 2009 6:08 pm

*** no more like NBA LIVE sliding players as if :cheeky: that you have a skates on***

stop n pop is no longer a beauty because of this.. i hope they remove it..

just like to add that i hope the computer can choose a very nice top 3 plays LOL
p1mpman1a

Postby pHiL Kizer on Mon May 18, 2009 12:53 pm

1. Menu system that is much easier to navigate

2. In Game saves like Madden

3. Headband options: custom styles, colors, logo placement, and position(such as how Sean Williams wears his}

4. Rip Hamilton's face mask for any player

5. More detailed accessories: armbands, finger straps, leg braces, etc.

6. More detailed, diverse, and in depth commentary such as what NBA Live delivers with Marv Albert and Steve Kerr

7. Complete All Star Weekend in season and stand alone

8. EVERY jersey each team has EVER worn in their franchise history(even if the changes are slight) home and away.

9. Many more sneaker option, basically, every sneaker design then have colorway options limited to the team the player is on. Therefore when a player is traded, you will never have to edit the sneaker unless you want them to have a different style of shoe

10. More "Off the rim" dunks

11. Move the Gatorade cooler animated graphic out of the way

12. Show Cheryl Miller as well as some celebrities in the front row

13. More post game activity: interviews, player and coach handshakes, etc.

14. Saveable replays and screenshots (without having to use Fraps) and make them able to be easily exported and uploaded to Youtube in HD.

15. Halftime Show with actual people at the desk and footage of other games in the NBA

16. Online play

17. Living Rosters which will include updated cyberfaces and hairstyles whenever they occur.

18. Player Introductions that are exactly like the real life arena introductions

19. Players with warm up uniforms on during introductions and some bench players with warm ups on.

20. Halftime performances during the Finals

21. Jersey creation for teams in season to have a new look and also for custom teams(both exportable)

22. Classic teams: 1995-96 Bulls,1990-91 Bulls, 1987-88 Lakers, 1985-86 Celtics, 1989-90 Pistons, 1993-94 Rockets, 2000-01 Lakers, etc.

23. TNT integration, logos, music, personalities, etc.

24. Editable menu and in game music

25. NBDL integration in season

I know some of these were mentioned already but I was brainstorming and typing at the same time. Let's hope 2K reads this and takes us more seriously than EA ever has.
Basketball is my favorite sport/I like the way they dribble up and down the court :)
pHiL Kizer

Postby tee-pane on Mon May 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Better camera options, the ones available are so bad. I prefer the Live camera views better then 2k. Camera makes you dizzy, the Live camera is nice and simple.
FIBA/Olympic teams?
Better plays available, or create own plays. Plays in the game are pretty limited, add more basic plays, like pick and pop, and design plays for players at different positions (eg set scoring plays for PG, off screen for SG, post for C). Plays should be more specific and organized like that, instead of having it scattered randomly in a list.
tee-pane

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 20, 2009 8:46 am

IIRC correctly, there is a pick and pop in 2K9. Forgot what to do, but it's in the manual.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby mmmchap on Thu May 21, 2009 1:59 pm

All i want is the feature where you can save team/game stats into txt file just like in the old NBA live versions
mmmchap

Postby tnt23 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:03 am

- allow ip to ip online gameplay
- make it possible to play custom roster online
- make mj dunk lay up
- make more legends and better faces for the best of them
ALLTiME ALLSTARS
tnt23

Postby DVocShoeBox on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 am

you guys touch almost everthing, not sure if I seen more streetball play like 2k8, other than that.......

MAKE THE GAME MORE EDITABLE!!!! JUST JOKING...HOPEFULLY WE CAN EDIT MORE THOUGH!!!!
.....Retired Modder.......
..............Over 200,000 in downloads.............
.............NBA SummerTime 2k9, NBA Street 2k10 Vol.2..........
.............Precise Live 08, Precise Summer League07,08,09..................
DVocShoeBox
Director | Designer | Developer

Postby iBull on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:31 am

Creator and editor of plays
iBull

Postby bee-boy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:03 am

a better shoes selection. Nba live 09's shoe selection was real and authentic.
ImageWhether you Love him or Hate him you gotta Respect him.
bee-boy
U-Mad!!!!

Postby TheBigEasy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Haven't played 2k9 all that much but there is already one thing 2k10 absolutely has to have ... and thats better navigatable menus. Right now its a nightmare for someone to navigate the menu, if you don't have extensive console experience. And saving your settings is absolutely screwed up. It's totally inacceptable to have to remap your controller every damn time you launch the game ... or having to maneuver with only the gamepad and without the keyboard to prevent the game from getting confused.
TheBigEasy

Postby Hedonist on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 am

Leander wrote:Player introductions before the game.

Also with boos for the guest team & it would be great if some have their own high five routine (like Derek Fisher's 'low fives')

GeeZee_1 did a good job of drawing the picture. (Y)

I would love LeBron throwing some chalk over his head before the game too.

I agree with many of the wishes, one thing I didn't see and that I would like is that players have go-to moves.
Like Paul Pierce, you know where he is going to pull up most of the time when he gets the ball.

Also, I'd love to see Ray Allen basicly running around like crazy till his defender finally gets caught up in a screen like the career 3-pt shooter that he is. You know, basicly more sim stuff.

And the possibility of an expansion draft.

Also the possibility to stall a (foreign) talent overseas for a year or two.

Finally, teams that are keen on trading draft picks. Trading up or trying to acquire more picks, stuff like that.
In the process it would be nice if trading became a little more realistic, as mentioned.
Red rim is not sim!
Hedonist

Postby |)e8* on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:23 am

Online for Pc. Awards need to be better(in association, cmon trevor ariza wins when he improved by one pointpergame and other stats same.)
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby j_flynn on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Guyz why ya all talk about better CF's, signature shots and some other sh*t. For me the thing which really need to be improved in 2k on PC is defence and some glitches in gameplay like for example when you're trying to shoot with the man on your face you are almost always blocked. and better D such as in College Hoops, Defence in this game is very well done. No cheesing like CPU does when CPU shoots inside the paint and it always in.
Official Jonny Flynn dickrider

j_flynn

Postby Maek on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Who will send this to 2ksports? I think this is a waste of time. Unless someone consolidates all these to a one big wishlist and send it to 2ksports.
"I believe that he who has less in life should have more in law."
President Ramon Magsaysay
August 31, 1907 - March 17, 1957
Maek

Postby j_flynn on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:22 pm

but i think it's too late to send it cause game is made and we can only wait for October cause this is the month when 2k10 will be released.

j_flynn

Postby loquaxsum on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:16 pm

maybe a " search a player" option in practice so you can find a player quicker...
loquaxsum

Postby dakinaw on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:43 pm

not sure if this was posted yet.. but if anyone has 2k9 for 360 or ps3 you know it takes about 5 minutes to load up the game and get in the main menu with all the loading and crap... if you want to get to your online league it takes even longer... it is completely absurd and there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of thing. I can only hope they fix this for 2k10.
dakinaw

Postby j_flynn on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:40 am

i told ya guyz, the game is done there's no time now for giving tips in making it better...too late

j_flynn

Postby Blade Runner on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:01 am

What I would really like is NBA 2K10 to be a totally retro game. I want the concept of Bull vs Blazers (1991-1992) brought into 2k. I don't want to be like Kobe or Lebron...

I want Magic, Bird, Jordan, Isiah, Horace grant googles, Chuck Person and Xavier McDaniel talking trash, Mark Jackson making a behind the back pass, Dennis Rodman with black hair, Bill Laimbeer shooting 3 pointers, The great Western Forum, Chicago Stadium, Dominique Wilkins and stacey Augmon making amazing dunks, rookies Dikembe Mutombo and Steve Smith being schooled by Jordan shooting FT's with his eyes closed, coaches Chuck Daly, Pat Riley, Lenny Wilkens. Early 90's shorts (not so short, not so long) and very short classic shorts for the likes of I. Thomas, Magic Johnson, etc. Biker shorts also. The 1992 NBA Playoffs logo, the 1992 nba finals logo, Benny the Bull, the real fat one. The real, one and only 1992 Dream Team...

Bring back OLD SCHOOL B-BALL!

P.S. Lebron can be a 7/8 year old animated character in the crowd with his parents :P
Blade Runner

Previous

Return to NBA 2K10