The NBA Live PC mod Requests Bin

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Re: The NBA Live PC mod Requests Bin

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 am

No. We need more help to get it done properly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby PrettyODD on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:15 am

new lit 5on5s and blacktop mod. maybe we can have fiba teams like in 09 so it gives a new feel. So we will not be focusing much on the rosters but also on frontends! :D :D
PrettyODD

Postby JaoSming on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 am

there are plenty of lit files floating around and the 07/08 ones are very easy to convert down

we do have 1 or 2 fe's we could use, but there are still "beta" releases without all the art we've collected because we are still missing pieces
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby PrettyODD on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 am

okay Jao im positive about the pc project to be a success. Keep it up brother!! (Y) (Y) (Y)
PrettyODD

Postby dieseldust on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:06 am

The one thing I dislike about 2006 is the way players shoot jump shots and luy-ups. Its too high and difficult to block. Can someone make an AIACT that eliminates this problem :bowdown:
dieseldust

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 am

PrettyODD wrote:new lit 5on5s and blacktop mod. maybe we can have fiba teams like in 09 so it gives a new feel. So we will not be focusing much on the rosters but also on frontends! :D :D

Since the rosters do contain the players from the default FIBA teams in 08 (with Team USA updated) it might be feasible to add them at some point but we'd need to get the art converted and in place first. Adding new FIBA teams (ie aside from the 8 already accounted for) is technically possible but a little complicated at this point due to the way I'm simultaneously doing the updates for 2005-08. We won't rule it out though. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby PrettyODD on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:17 pm

OKAY :D maybe if you are not too busy on some nba live series you can converts some arts little by little :D We can wait.
PrettyODD

Postby fumanchu on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:04 pm

i thin Andrew doesn't do art updates...
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Generally I don't, though I did a bit of work with the art for the NBA Live 2005 update (mostly conversions). As the NBA Live PC Project is a community project I will probably have to leave any conversions for someone else to do at this time, if the art becomes available then we'll see what we can do but for now I'm afraid I can't do anything in that regard.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm

and I want to stress what Andrew said, this is a community project, anyone can jump in and help and be included in this project at anytime
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Fri May 01, 2009 9:03 am

Indeed, we didn't envision it just being a few people contributing or maintaining the Project. Anyone may offer contributions at any time, whenever they have the free time and inclination to do so.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Oakrhum on Wed May 06, 2009 3:01 pm

I want this to be as overhauled as what the people of the NBA Live 08 TUP did.
Lawrence Tanter wrote:ON YOUR FEET--TIME TO GREET THE HOME TEAM..
Oakrhum

Postby fumanchu on Wed May 06, 2009 3:05 pm

if there's someone willing to convert the arts or make customs ones for the PC Project, why not? or you can just find the TNT project for 06...
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby Andrew on Wed May 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Oakrhum wrote:I want this to be as overhauled as what the people of the NBA Live 08 TUP did.

Could you please be a bit more specific? I'm sorry if you're not satisfied with the project but I assure you we've put a lot of work into it and as an on-going project it's certainly still open to updates and enhancements.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Oakrhum on Thu May 07, 2009 12:34 am

Andrew wrote:
Oakrhum wrote:I want this to be as overhauled as what the people of the NBA Live 08 TUP did.

Could you please be a bit more specific? I'm sorry if you're not satisfied with the project but I assure you we've put a lot of work into it and as an on-going project it's certainly still open to updates and enhancements.

Don't get me wrong. I've already played it and I like it but it's not as updated when it comes to art or cyberfaces and I really expected more but I appreciate what you've done for this particular game.
Lawrence Tanter wrote:ON YOUR FEET--TIME TO GREET THE HOME TEAM..
Oakrhum

Postby Andrew on Thu May 07, 2009 12:45 am

Faces unfortunately had to take a backseat as we didn't have as many people working on them. Hopefully we'll get some more help there in the future.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu May 07, 2009 12:49 am

Well that was the initial plan, when this project was started almost a year and a half ago but support by other patchers who actually do CFs and the like has been very slim.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 am

Exactly. Hopefully a few of those guys will be encouraged by the Project releases and find time to contribute.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby lamgo on Fri May 22, 2009 9:45 am

hey everyone, i just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to NBA Live PC... i finally perfected my settings and i'm starting to log good time into this 'new' game. it's a lot of fun, i haven't played a bball game this much in a while. when is the next update? Ricky Rubio on OKC? :D

good job guys (Y)
lamgo

Postby Andrew on Fri May 22, 2009 10:23 am

The next full package update will likely be at the end of the Playoffs and will be a final 2008/2009 season roster. Sometime after the Draft - not the moment it ends, not the day afterwards, at some point after the Draft and when the offseason proper has started - the offseason updates with rookies, trades and signings will begin.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dimasalang on Sun May 24, 2009 12:53 am

guys can you please upload the commentary speech files for NBA live 2008?

bcuz my game has no commentary speech when playing thus making it boring to play.
I'd gladly appreciate your help.
dimasalang

Postby Andrew on Sun May 24, 2009 2:11 am

Completely wrong section and completely against the rules. No dice, sorry.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby alexwallace on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 am

First thanks for the work it's a great game ,excuse my bad english i am french :D i think nba live 06 it's a good choose because for me it's the greatest version for the pc like nba live 03.But for me just one thing missing .When i go to the freestyle superstar section and i see the team of the hawks and ok josh smith highflyer but what ?!!!!not a stoper what a hell it's impossible.I continue to the bobcats and nobody in the team is a power but they got thyson chandler and he's a good dunker.And westbrook is not an highflyer.I thing its should be a great game if the big team like magic ,celtics ,lakers...the top ten got 6 or 7 freestyles players, for the team in the middle like menphis,new york ... 5 freestyles players.And for the bad team like minesota ,nets or oklahoma city 3 players but when I see ONLY ONE freestyle superstar in oklahoma city: kevin durant and he got the three point ok but not highflyer i thing it should be better to work this way if it possible.If you understand please answer me back thanks .
alexwallace

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks for the kind words. As for your suggestions, there are a couple of players that probably need to be re-evaluated but I absolutely disagree that the top ten teams should have six or seven FSS players or that middle of the pack teams should have at least give. It's about the individual abilities, not the team's ranking and if a player's ratings don't qualify him for FSS abilities then in most cases I'd rather not boost ratings just to give someone those abilities as it's not always appropriate. Sometimes an exception may be in order but I'm not about to do it just to fill a quota that is unnecessary. So no, I'm afraid I must decline that request.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby alexwallace on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 am

thanks for your answer andrew .Ok i agree with you but i thing some players evaluation are not good ,and i give you my ideas team by team Atlanta :josh smith is a regust defender i thing he can be a stopper.
celtics : rasheed wallace can be an inside scoreur and eddy house can be a shooteur
charlotte :i thing charlotte can have three players in stopper highflyer gerald wallace , one power stopper thyson chandler ,and stephen jackson his speciality the three points.
Chicago: tyrus thomas highflyer and deng outside scoreur.
cleveland: parker outside scoreur,jamario moon highflyer the rest it's good.
Dallas:Josh howard outside scoreur,gooden inside scoreur .
Denver:Nene inside stoppeur and power ,k MART power ,chris andersen stopper, antony highflyer.
Detroit:stuckey outside scoreur,villanueva inside scoreur.
Golden state:all good :wink:
Houston:macgrady outside scoreur ok but playmaker no i am desegree,battier outside stoppeur,ariza highflyer
Indiana:granger outside scoreur.
LA clippers:kaman inside stoppeur.
LA lakers:Bynum stopper ok but power to i thing like superman dwight,gasol : stopper,odom inside scoreur,brown highflyer
Menphis:gay highflyer,mayo outside scoreur.
Miami :d wade is not a playmaker i think his an highflyer or a outside scoreur but not a playmaker,beasley inside and outside scoreur,richardson shooteur.
Milwaukee:warrick highflyer.
Minesota:jefferson power,love inside scoreur .
Nets:harris outside scoreur,Lopez: inside stoppeur ,lee outside scoreur .
New orleans:west inside scoreur.
NY:eddy curry is not a power he's not a dominating player, Lee inside scoreur ,duhon playmaker ,harrington outside scoreur inside scoreur.
Oklahoma city : Durant is a shooteur but an highflyer to,westbrook highflyer .
Orlando:Lewis is not an highflyer and a inside scoreur it's an outside scoreur and shooter,VC is not an inside scoreur but an outside scoreur and an highflyer,JJ redick it's not a big three point shooteur but barnes is a good shooteur .
philadelphia:elton brand it's not a stoppeur and kapono is a shooter.
suns: frye inside scoreur ,stoudemire his not an highflyer but a power a inside scoreur and a inside stopper ,barbosa outside scoreur.
Portland:oden power plus inside stopper,aldridge inside scoreur,fernandez outside shooteur,outlaw highflyer.
Sacremento:nocioni outside scoreur,martin outside scoreur and shooteur.
San antonio: parker is not a inside scoreur ( i am french i now this guy :D ),ginobili is a shooteur ok but an outside scoreur to,ratliff his not a stoppeur,mcdyess inside scoreur .
Toronto:turkoglu is a shooter and an outside scoreur,derozan it's the only R and his an highflyer.
Utah:williams his a playmaker an outside scoreur and stopper to ,kirilenko is a inside stoppeur,
Wizards:arenas not a shooteur ??????i think ,stevenson his not an highflyer but a shooteur like arenas,mike miller is a shooteur to and butler an outside scorer.

ok that's all i waiting for your answer and an other question is it difficult or not to change the FSS settings and can i do that by myself it is possible ?
alexwallace

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 06