Rate My Trade

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 pm

You should be able to pick up a few baskets going to the hoop with Kleiza, his ratings should allow him to get inside for the occasional dunk or layup. He's got the size and athleticism to finish around the rim when the opportunity is there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Morzikei on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:35 am

Well, the PS2 version is a funny one... White guys (except centers) have very poor dunking skills, luckily, a somewhat failed dunk doesn't result in a real-life ball pop-out - it just wiggles in the basket and drops... Of course, kills the momentum. But there's something with weigth probably, because I gave Siskauskas similar ratings (higher FG, lower 3PT)m and both Siskauskas and Kleiza have the same cold sports (entire half-court) - but Siskauskas somehow makes a large number of 3pointers and long shots- Kleiza is very unreliable (unlike real life NT player, but resembles his current condition).

In fact, I noticed that the way the Nuggets and the Pistons are, it's easy to go through trades (at least from the Denver side)... If I wanted that, getting Billups would've been a snap. Just add some trade fodder in with AI and pick up players worth 20M...
Morzikei

Postby Cleveland wins on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 am

If you want a front court then i think you should make a trade for lamarcus aldrdige, he's good at blocking shots. Have you ever thought about going after mo williams or luke ridnoure? They both can shoot threes and are both good passers. Or maybe you should go after kapono, he's an excellent three point shooter. By the way before you started this dynasty, what did you invest your money in? Did you get the best of each staff? Or a good scout or 3 good assistants? Or what?
Cleveland wins

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:03 am

Ah true, I forgot that Kleiza's ratings remain outdated in the default PS2 rosters.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Rate My Trade

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:05 pm

I've just made last trade. Last because it's trade deadline.

I've signed Juan Dixon and traded him for Walter Herrman. They are both 69 ovrl. Unfortunately, Quentin Richardson is still in my roster, I'm unable to trade him !
So Damien Wilkins and Walter Herrman (recently signed players) made theirs debut against Memphis. They are both coming out of the bench. Wilkins had 15 points (7-10FG) and 5 rebounds . Herrman had 8 points (4-4FG) and 3 rebounds . Herrman played about 7 mins and Wilkins about 12-14. I think that they can be very important players in this team.
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:00 am

Sounds like they might prove to be good acquisitions. Nice work.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re:

Postby Yessie on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Chaoot wrote:Ok, hmm in my bulls dynasty, I traded:

1. Hinrich and 2nd round pick for Maggette
2. Deng for Aldridge and 2nd round pick

Not sure if Portland would do such a trade in real life though...

What do you think? (By the way damn it is tuff to trade in '09, and i don't try to trade Paul for Madsen ;))

Wanted to trade Hinrich for Aldridge originally, but cpu kept counteroffering him for deng, and I wasn't too attached to Deng, so...
Kinda wanted Batum in the mix but couldn't really work it out, neither did Deng and Hinrich for Fernandez and Aldridge :(

I'm quite happy though

hey i pulled off the same deal for Deng, and i traded hinrich to detroit for T.prince

nice moves :cool:
Bizzy Bone-

"Gotta give it on up to the glock glock
Pop pop, better drop when them buckshot blow
The bone in me never no ho, so no creepin up outta the ziplock So sin, sip gin, and lil' mo heart run up, nut up And flipped in."
Yessie

Postby hawks24 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:48 pm

I have a Minnesota dynasty

how good was this trade?:
Al Jefferson to Atlanta for Joe Johnson
KOBE SUCKS!!!!!
hawks24

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:52 am

What are they rated, and what does your roster look like after the trade?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby money89 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:20 pm

Pau Gasol and Patrick Obryant to Memphis for Gay and Milicic.

Then Milicic Gay and 2nd rd pick for Aldridge and Webster

So basically it was Gasol, Obryant and 2nd rd pick for LeMarcus Aldridge and Webster
money89

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:33 pm

I would've preferred to keep Gasol myself but you did get a couple of good players for one star and a seldom used reserve so it's a decent swap that could prove to be quite a good deal in the long run if you play/simulate a few seasons.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cleveland wins on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:55 pm

money89 wrote:Pau Gasol and Patrick Obryant to Memphis for Gay and Milicic.

Then Milicic Gay and 2nd rd pick for Aldridge and Webster

So basically it was Gasol, Obryant and 2nd rd pick for LeMarcus Aldridge and Webster

These are excellent trades, although to be a bit more fair i would've added a 2nd rounder along with casol and obryant, because memphis is probably without a small forward. But that's just me any way, i like helping teams out, i think you got the better end of the deal because you now have a guy like rudy gay whom could be a great offensive player. The better trade though would be casol and obryant and a 2nd round pick for a good defender who's pretty decent inside in aldridge, and a good young player in webster. That was a very good trade for the cpu as well, mainly because they got a 2nd round pick which is always good to get extra picks. They also get a good offensive and defensive player like casol.
Cleveland wins

Postby money89 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Actually I checked and it was pau gasol and patrick ewing that I sent to memphis for rudy gay and darko milicic lol then I sent rudy gay darko milicic and a 2nd round pick to portland for lemarcus aldridge and martell webster

Today I did another trade and sent martell webster and PATRICK OBRYANT to Milwaulkee for joe alexander and charlie bell
money89

Postby AMenace on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:08 pm

Yao Ming and 1st Round Draft Pick for Dwight Howard!!!!!!
#thereturn
AMenace
A comeback??
Contributor

Postby money89 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:29 pm

Tj Ford for DJ augustin and nazi mohammed
money89

Postby TY-TY on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:44 am

LaMar Odom For Andrei Kirilenko

Jordan Farmar,Russel Westbrook for oj mayo
TY-TY

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:49 am

Pretty good trades, though in the second one you're giving up some depth at point guard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TY-TY on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:54 am

yea but oj mayo can do alot more than both of them considering his overall rating is 88 and ive been on a winning streak since ive traded for him ive also picked up alonzo mourning and gallanari
TY-TY

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:55 am

Fair enough, if it's working out for you then it was certainly worth it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Fusion14 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:50 am

This isn't a trade that I've pulled the trigger on, but the offer has been made to me and I'm curious if it is; A) Realistic & B) A Good Move

I'm playing as the Celtics, 13-2 on the season thus far. Paul Pierce has seen a limited roll in my offensive scheme as I've really worked with both Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen (Both averaging more than 20 PPG). The Wizards offered my, straight up, Gilbert Arenas for Paul Pierce. Pierce is a higher overall, 91 to 88, and Arenas holds a larger contract, 18.00M to 15.10M, but I feel that I could use some help at the PG position. So what do you think, should I pull the trigger?
Fusion14

Postby money89 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:37 am

If there aren't better offers for pierce on the block do it
money89

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:47 am

Realistic? Not necessarily, but an NBA Live Dynasty is your own reality so that's your call to make. I don't see the Celtics looking to move Pierce but if he's kind of an afterthought in your offense and you'd prefer to have a high scoring point guard who's also adept at finding teammates and you'd like to shake things up a bit then sure, go for it. But as money89 noted, you might be able to make a better deal given Pierce's overall rating so you might want to explore all other options first.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Fusion14 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:58 am

I was also offered Carmelo Anthony which, even though I'd prefer a outside shooting PG, I'd rather have. I could use the younger talent, I'm also going to add in my second round pick, just to compensate for the move and storyline an issue within the organization in Denver. Thanks for the advice everyone, hopefully I can pick up a good outside shooting PG in the off-season. For now, Rondo will have to deal and I'll continue to work with him.
Fusion14

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:44 pm

No problem, good look with the trade!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cleveland wins on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:10 am

gangsta4life wrote:Yao Ming and 1st Round Draft Pick for Dwight Howard!!!!!!

Wow! Excellent trade! You helped orlando or womever had dwight howard out a lot. I don't know who got the better end of the deal but, if it was a strong draft then orlando got an excellent deal. Yao ming and a 1st round pick wow! I love this! Orlando has someone who can help them win now, someone who can do everything howard can do, and on top of that, they have a first round pick. :applaud:
Cleveland wins

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 09