Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics - 2011-2012 Preview: Pacific Division LA BA

Postby hova- on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm

The X, thank you ;) I think this dynasty is now getting really interesting, with one season done, with rookies and FA signings, with a lil bit of fantasy & looking into future. So I find it's pretty important for everyone who likes to follow to have an overview of the league. Right now I not even think about ending this anytime soon, it's more a little hobby I keep rolling while living my life. That's how it should be I guess.

Grandmama Johnson, wow, you're right, Bird is one of only nine players out of Indiana State that made it into the NBA. I honestly did not even know that he was from Indiana State, only knew he was born in Indiana. The Pacific Division is really interesting, so far I only like the Atlantic Division more with NY back to business and the Nets improving as well.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - Season Opener ...

Postby hova- on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Let me introduce: Your top draft picks of 2011
www.nba.com/thablog
Posted on October 27th 2011 2:50PM

We are only a few days away from the NBA's tip-off of the 2011-2012 season and the NBA will welcome many new rookies to the league, that maybe some of you did not know before. "Tha Blog" will start a photo series of all rookies drafted in the first round of the draft, today we have a look at the picks from 11 to 20. Photos are used from the NBA preseason.

The Wolves really surprised everyone when they picked Murray George out of Western Illinois at 11. George is a scoring machine, but the Leathernecks only played in the Summit league.

Gabriel Burke reminds many of John Stockton, an oldschool point guard who rarely overperforms. The Jazz liked that idea as a backup and drafted him at 11th.

They called him "Bulldozer" at Iowa State, and JP (John Peter) Carr never disappointed, leading his team in fouls and rebounding. 245 lbs. pure malice.

Corie Stinson was a great all-around player at Miami, but never really helped his team winning. The Warriors were looking for some wing-power though, and Stinson could help them from the beginning.

Florida-native Orlando Brady led the Grizzlies to the NCAA finals with his ferocious play around the rim and his great will to dominate the boards. The Pacers were glad he slid to 15th.

It's a wonder that Jonathon Clemons was drafted with the 16th pick, as many experts project an All-Star career for the forward from Edmonton. He is described as a Lamar Odom with a clear mind.

Joel Bridges is one of the "NBA-readiest" players in the draft. His basketball IQ got schooled at Duke and his body is brawny and beefy. The only hitch: his J looks uglies than Shawn Marion's.

Cameron Fortson was born and raised in the Ghetto of Brooklyn, NY and has already come in conflict with the law. But he also gives a team 100% loyalty and shows great work ethic.

Michael Dixon is underrated and could be very well the best Rhode Island product since Lamar Odom. He's a great athlete but needs to develop his outside shot.

Danny Hood led the Mississippi State Bulldogs in points, rebounds, assists and blocks per game last year, but scouts doubt he could get any better than that in the NBA. Steve Kerr did not mind, maybe at least one solid acquisition in Phoenix
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - 2011-2012 Preview / Rookie Photo Series I

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:51 pm

I love the photo series man! Well done (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Bucket on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:57 pm

#45 from Nuggets looks like a Curry :lol:
Nice pictures and article, I like this style (Y)
Bucket

Postby Houndy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Nice photos man! I love this photo series (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:35 am

Photo series are looking great. (Y) I'd like to know a little more about Cameron Fortson. :lol:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Hov's Sonics - 2011 NBA Preseason - Rookie Photo Series

Postby hova- on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Every year one step? That would mean KD & the Thunder go to the Conference Finals this year.

No bottom feeder at all? North West Division Preview
By Carl Column, NBA.com
Posted on October 27th 6:11PM

Just a few days ahead of the NBA season, let's have a breakdown of each division to deliver you the information you need to have when NBA action starts and you'll sit next to your mates watching the first matches of the season.

Up today - the North West Division, a transaction-shaken Division which looks balanced and is missing a real cellar-dweller or bottom-feeder.

(Last year: 53-29, 1st North West, 3rd West)

• Players lost: D. Cook, M. Peterson, DJ White, A. Daniels, M. Camby (r)

• Players added: A. Brooks, T. Young, R. Faulk*, T. Morton*

• Projected Rotation:

C S. Ibaka - C. Aldrich - T. Morton* - BJ Mullens
PF J. Green - R. Faulk* - N. Collison
SF K. Durant - T. Young
SG J. Harden - T. Sefolosha
PG R. Westbrook - A. Brooks

• Outlook:

The Oklahoma City Thunder had one of the best but pretty quite offseason. Quiet? Well, no one was really talking about what was going on in OKC which also lies in the nature of things that Oklahoma City is not a really big market and not a media's town either. That must be the reason for no one mentioning how good the Thunder became this offseason.
GM Sam Presti was able to grab two of the best FAs of 2011 in Aaron Brooks and Thaddeus Young to add even more talent to the already gifted Thunder roster.
Brooks had a career-year last season averaging 19.8 points and 6.2 assists for the Houston Rockets. Young averaged 14.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in over 30 minutes per game for the Sixers. Both will only come off the bench in OKC, but will also earn a lot of money and have the chance to win a title in the next years. "The Thunder really tried everything to convince me and gave me the best perspective", 23-year old Young says.
Further, the Thunder were able to resign starting PF Jeff Green to a five-year contract. Green (12.4ppg/6.5rpg) has become an important part of the team and is said to be the closest to franchise leader Kevin Durant. Speaking of Durant. After growing up to 6-11 last year, the small forward seems to be unstoppable on offense and also surprise on defense. 30.2 points per game were nothing new for the 4-year player, but adding career-highs with 8.4 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.3 steals and blocks seemed unreal. Only the fact that he plays for a smaller market cost him the MVP award.
With Russell Westbrook also gliding into All-Star heights (18.6ppg/5.2rpg/7.3apg), the Thunder look ready to take off for that title - at least the next step: Western Conference Finals.

(Last year: 41-41, 2nd North West, 7th West)

• Players lost: A. Miller, J. Przybilla, N. Krstic, D. Cunningham, J. Pendergraph

• Players added: G. Wallace, D. Jordan, B. Johnson*

• Projected Rotation:

C G. Oden - D. Jordan
PF L. Aldridge - L. Babbitt
SF G- Wallace - N. Batum - E. Williams
SG B. Roy - W. Matthews - R. Fernandez
PG E. Maynor - A. Johnson - P. Mills - B. Johnson*

• Outlook:

After an once again injury-shaken season last year, which ended in a first round defeat vs the Mavericks in seven games, the Blazers are looking to bounce back and underline their reputation of one of the NBA's upcoming franchises. Most important for that operation is the complete rehabilitation of All-Star Brandon Roy. The 27-year old shooting guard was struggling with injuries all season long and missed the All-Star game and later on also the Playoffs. Roy (22.1ppg/5.1apg) had surgery on both knees and is said to be back to 80%, although it's not sure if he will ever be the same. "The knee problems Brandon has cannot be fully recovered", Nate McMillan once said last season.
With the risk of Roy's game declining, the Blazers made a big move and acquired Gerald Wallace from the rebuilding Bobcats. "G-Force" (18.1ppg/10.2rpg) could be exactly what the Blazers need, an athletic, hustling wing-defender to take the defensive and rebounding load of Roy's shoulders. The Blazers also hope that LaMarcus Aldridge can improve his rebounding (16.8ppg/6.8rpg) and gets more space for his jumpshot with Wallace driving to the whole.
Another interesting move was the contract extension for Greg Oden. The seven footer only missed two games last season due to injury and looks finally healthy, going in his fifth year in the NBA. Oden (10.4ppg/9.5rpg) should be able to post a double-double and swat shots, giving the team a solid inside presence.
The point guard position is the only building lot in Portland, as Eric Maynor will start (3.5ppg/2.8apg) and his backup Armon Johnson will most likely take over this duty later on, since he got resigned to a 30M $ contract this summer.
All in all, the Blazers are a solid Playoff team. Health decided how far they can go, but they won't win it all.

(Last year: 39-43, 4th North West , 11th West)

• Players lost: D. Williams, L. Hughes, E. Watson, R. Price, F. Elson, K. Fesenko

• Players added: D. Harris, D. Favors, G. Burke*, L. Buckner*

• Projected Rotation:

C A. Jefferson - M. Okur
PF P. Millsap - D. Favors - J. Pendergraph - J. Evans
SF A. Kirilenko - G. Hayward - CJ Miles
SG R. Bell - L. Buckner*
PG D. Harris - G. Burke*

• Outlook:

Big change at the Salt Lake! The Jazz not only will miss Jerry Sloan after his retirement at the end of the season, but they also traded away their franchise player Deron Williams after a tough season which ended in the Draft Lottery last year. Williams missed 26 games and never really was able to lift his team into postseason, which caused the Jazz front office to make a big cut.
Devin Harris (19.2ppg) and Derrick Favors (8.2ppg) are the new faces in Utah, but more important for the team's success are the ones that stayed.
Paul Millsap only averaged 8.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in 20 minutes per game and should see enough playing time under coach Tyron Corbin to double his output. Andrei Kirilenko resigned with the Jazz saying this was "where my home is". The Russian's performances decreased each season and his 10.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game aren't worth his 7M $ per year. He needs to play better if the Jazz want to make the Playoffs. Al Jeffserson had a good year in 2011 (18.8ppg/10.1rpg) and made the All-Star game with Yao Ming out, but does he fit together with the quick play of Devin Harris?
The Jazz have a chance for the Playoffs and look pretty solid on paper, now they have to prove that Jerry Sloan wasn't the only coach who can be successful in Salt Lake City.

(Last year: 40-42, 4th North West , 9th West)

• Players lost: C. Anthony, C. Billups, JR Smith, M. Ely, A. Carter, R. Balkman, C. Karl, E. Boateng

• Players added: W. Chandler, D. Gallinari, T. Mozgov, R. Felton, JP Carr*, N. Holloway*

• Projected Rotation:

C Nene - T. Mozgov - C. Andersen
PF K. Martin - JP Carr* - N. Holloway*
SF W. Chandler - A. Harrington
SG A. Afflalo - D. Gallinari
PG T. Lawson - R. Felton

• Outlook:

The first thing Alex English announced when he took over the coaching of the Denver Nuggets was, that this team has to be led by a point guard and that there would be no one better than Ty Lawson.
Ty Lawson? Seriosuly, the 5-11 ex-Tar Heel averaged 7.9 points and 4.1 assists per game off the bench behind Chauncey Billups and the Nuggets also got Raymond Felton in return who played a great season for the Knicks last season. But English says Lawson has the most potential of any guy on the roster and is going to start. Brave move.
But the Nuggets need brave moves. After not making the Playoffs for the first time since Carmelo Anthony had joined the franchise. Further, the Nuggets lost about 64 points per game by giving away their three best scorers (Anthony, Billups, Smith). After having the best offense last year, the Nuggets may go back to playing better defense this season.
English, whose jersey number two had been retired long times ago in Denver, does have a pretty good roster considering that two All-Stars left the team, but still it will be hard for the rebuilt Nuggets to make the Playoffs. Much will depend on the new guys like Wilson Chandler (13.9ppg) and Danilo Gallinari (11.4ppg) and how they can be involved in a more conservative offensive system compared to Mike D'Antoni's. Sry, fans, two Lottery seasons in a row for Denver.

(Last year: 37-45, 5th North West, 12th West)

• Players lost: C. Brewer, K. Koufos, M. Ager

• Players added: A. Randolph, M. George*, R. Rubio*

• Projected Rotation:

C K. Love - D. Milicic - N. Pekovic
PF M. Beasley - A. Randolph - A. Tolliver
SF W. Johnson - L. Hayward - M. Webster
SG R. Hamilton - W. Ellington - M. George*
PG J. Flynn - R. Rubio* - L. Ridnour -

• Outlook:

Oh, what has been written about David Kahn and his stupid managing in Minneapolis. Acquiring Rip Hamilton, drafting Rubio, the deals for Darko and Luke Ridnour.
Honestly, these moves looked pretty poor at that time and still not everything makes sense (Rubio), but the Wolves are on the right way, yes they are!
37 wins were great last season and Kahn did not change much this offseason as he only added some talent in Anthony Randolph (10.1ppg) and Murray George (26ppg @Western Illinois). The Wolves look pretty steady this season and could really compete for that 8th spot. Kevin Love had a great last season (14.7ppg/10.1rpg) and will only get better. Same goes for Michael Beasley (15.3ppg/7.5rpg), who is the best scorer on the Wolves' roster. Rip Hamilton has been a great addition with his solid mid-range game and veteran leadership (16.8ppg). The 33-year old takes over when needed but also has those games where he lets the young guns run and only take two or three shots.
The point guard position is still not perfectly filled, but Jonny Flynn is improving every year (6.1apg). Maybe Ricky Rubio has come over from Europe and will get some time to adapt to the league. Nothing is impossible.

*= Rookies; fat=added this season; r= retired; took the images of Agent420's association list, props to him!
Last edited by hova- on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - 2011-2012 Preview - North West Division

Postby Bucket on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Go THUNDER!!! Young and Brooks is a very nice additions.
Wow T-Wolves 37-45 last season? Impressive.
Bucket

Postby Houndy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:56 pm

T-Wolves for 8 seed!
Houndy

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:49 am

Axel. wrote:I'd like to know a little more about Cameron Fortson. :lol:

He should be a distant familiar of Danny. :bowdown2:

I love that Blazers roster. So many players who can play multiple positions, a lot of versatility there.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby CHUCK on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am

nice updates and rosters man. i can finally keep up more since i finally got a computer. Great job tho man. Still following. (Y) (Y)
CHUCK

Postby CHUCK on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am

nice updates and rosters man. i can finally keep up more since i finally got a computer. Great job tho man. Still following. (Y) (Y)
CHUCK

Postby Grandmama Johnson on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 am

Seeing Brooks added to OKC is really scary. I'd watch out for them this season
Grandmama Johnson

Postby hova- on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Glad you all like the photo series, there will be one last to complete the first round.

Valdis, Thunder are tough to play, had them twice in preseason, they can really score in a hurry.

Houndy, might happen. I like their roster, they have a clear hierarchy now.

Thierry •, yeah the Blazers are cool, played with them a bit for fun and they can hurt you in many ways. But they have no scoring PG.

CHUCK, thanks man, good to hear that. Hope you pass by every now and then ;)

Grandmama Johnson, as I said above, they are so tough to play. KD's a monster anyway, and with all those shooters (Brooks, Harden, Green, Young can all score and shoot the ball) it's really tough to win against them. You have to hurt them inside and make the game slow.

Okay guys, since Cameron Fortson seems to draw some interest, I'd like to have a lil participation game. You can all send me your ideas about his background and what type of guy he is and then I will write an article about him, picking out what I like most of your proposals. Maybe you'll get rewarded.

Please send me a PM about his background. Only things to watch out: He went to St. John's (NY) for one year and he was born in Brooklyn, NY.

Thanks for participating ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - 2011-2012 Previews - Who's Cameron Fortso

Postby Valor on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Seems like I missed a lot while I was away, loving the previews from first glance though, keep 'em comin! (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Hov's Sonics - 2011-2012 Previews - Who's Cameron Fortso

Postby hova- on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:00 pm

How many chances left? Dirk and Duncan don't have much time left to grab a title.

Getting older - South West Division Preview
By Carl Column, NBA.com
Posted on October 27th 8:23PM

Just a few days ahead of the NBA season, let's have a breakdown of each division to deliver you the information you need to have when NBA action starts and you'll sit next to your mates watching the first matches of the season.

Up today - the South West Division, which has three teams trying to win it all for a few seasons now and the window is getting closer for guys in Dallas, San Antonio and Houston.

(Last year: 54-28, 1st South West, 2nd West)

• Players lost: J. Kidd (r), JJ Barea, D. Stevenson, D. Brown, B. Cardinal

• Players added: C. Brewer, A. Bates*, W. Alexander*

• Projected Rotation:

C B. Haywood - T. Chandler - I. Mahinmi
PF D. Nowitzki - S. Marion - A. Ajinca
SF C. Butler - D. Jones
SG J. Terry - C. Brewer - A. Bates*
PG R. Beaubois - W. Alexander*

• Outlook:

The Dallas Mavericks are still convinced that they could have beaten the Lakers in last year's Conference Finals if it wasn't for the injury of Caron Butler (17.0ppg) and that alone is what keeps the fire ignited on a team that has to deal with a major loss this season - the loss of a future Hall-Of-Famer - the loss of Jason Kidd.
Kidd did not feel like his body could still take the long trips and a 82 games season. Without their point guard, who still played awesome last year averaging 8.9 points, 9.4 assists and 6.4 rebounds per game, the Mavs will look to play more of an half-court offense. Rodrigue Beaubois is the official successor of Kidd, and has already proven that he can score in a hurry. Last year, the young Frenchman did not play very much (5.9 ppg in 18 mpg), but Coach Carisle has trust in him. "Roddy is a different player than Jason, he's a better scorer but not really a pass first guard. We will look to go back to a type of offense the Mavs played with Devin Harris on the squad", the coach said.
Apart from Kidd's departure, who is now assistant in Seattle, the Mavs look sharp as ever. It's getting time to bring Dirk Nowitzki, who turned 33 this summer, a ring on his finger. The german sharpshooter had an awesome year with 24.5 points and 8.0 rebounds per game and will do everything to bring his team back to the Finals.
Resigned Tyson Chandler, who struggled with injuries last year will get the starting nod over Brendan Haywood, despite the latter's good performance (8.5ppg/9.0rpg).
The Mavs' roster is still good enough to win it all, but the title window is really getting small right now. It's maybe their last chance, let's see wether or not they can use it.

(Last year: 49-33, 2nd South West, 4th West)

• Players lost: R. Alston, A. Gee, G. Temple, S. Williams, B. Simmons

• Players added: M. Dillon*

• Projected Rotation:

C T. Duncan - T. Splitter - M. Dillon*
PF D. Blair - A. McDyess - M. Bonner
SF R. Jefferson - J. Anderson
SG M. Ginobili - G. Neal
PG T. Parker - G. Hill

• Outlook:

Has the Spurs' roster ever looked that thin? It's clear that the Spurs did not want to spend huge money on a bad FA class this season and may look to start a slight rebuild next season when Tim Duncan becomes a free agent. Duncan has not yet decided wether or not he wants to play on or retire, but the Spurs would give him any contract he wants, that is for sure. It was Duncan who upped his play last year to give the Spurs are great finish in March and April and allowed them to go into postseason at fourth in the West. Duncan played like he was in his prime, averaging 20.1 points, 12.1 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.9 blocks per game.
Manu Ginobili was also having a surprisingly stellar season (close to 20/5/5) and Tony Parker had a solid 18.5 points and 5.3 assists per game, but the Lakers made clear that the Spurs have problems to play steadily over about 90 games per season. This year will be another try with a solid but old squad to get it done in the West, but the Spurs themselves would not say they are a favourite to win it all. Loosing Alonzo Gee could hurt a team that is lacking athleticism and Rafer Alston who said he would only like to join a team for the Playoffs, had proven himself a solid backup on the playmaker spot.
The Spurs are getting old, but they still have two 2011 All-Stars and one of the quickest scoring guards on their roster. If there is one thing, I'd never do, than it's excluding the Spurs from the contenders circle.

(Last year: 46-36, 3rd South West , 5th West)

• Players lost: Y. Ming (r), A. Brooks, S. Battier, M. Harris, J. Jeffries, B. Miller

• Players added: T. Williams, G. Dragic, B. Payne*, T. Stribling*

• Projected Rotation:

C C. Hayes - B. Payne*
PF L. Scola - P. Patterson - J. Hill
SF T. Williams - C. Budinger - D. Carroll
SG K. Martin - C. Lee - J. Taylor
PG K. Lowry - T. Stribling*

• Outlook:

The Houston Rockets are shocked. Yao Ming had to retire after resuffering an broken foot playing for China during offseason. Without Yao, the Rockets look like one of the worst teams in the Western Conference. Surely, Kevin Martin is one of the most efficient scorers in the league (21.7ppg/.399%3PT) and if he stays healthy he can still get better, but he won't be part of a dangerous one two punch like last season.
Terrence Williams won the Most Improved Player award last year posting monster stats @New Jersey (13.5ppg/7.2rpg/4.5apg). He will start at the three and will be an important force on offense for Houston. Down low, the Rockets still have Luis Scola, the ever consistent Argentinian is one of the most underrated post scorers (14.9ppg/9.2rpg).
The loss of Aaron Brooks (19.6ppg) does not really hurt the team since Kyle Lowry played a very good season last year and showed that he can be an efficient playmaker and defender (7.2ppg/5.2apg/1.3spg). As a backup the Rockets did added Goran Dragic from Phoenix and also rookie Terrence Stribling.
The Rockets don't look like a Playoff team, but you never know. It's time to rebuild soon.

(Last year: 41-41, 4th South West , 8th West)

• Players lost: A. Jamison (r), Da. West, A. Gray, M. Thornton, J. Pargo, DJ Mbenga

• Players added: O. Casspi, D. Cunningham, J. Bridges*, G. Baldwin*

• Projected Rotation:

C E. Okafor - J. Smith
PF O. Casspi - P. Mensah-Bonsu - J. Smith
SF Q. Pondexter - D. Cunningham - J. Bridges*
SG T. Ariza - M. Bellinelli - G. Baldwin*
PG C. Paul - J. Jack

• Outlook:

The Hornets have Chris Paul. And if it wasn't for him, this team would not be competitive in the West at all. Paul averaged 19.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 8.9 assists and 2.4 steals per game last season and helped the Hornets to almost upset the Lakers in the first round of Playoffs (4-3 loss). There are other starters on the team that can play well in this league, namely Trevor Ariza (12.3ppg/5.2rpg), Omri Casspi (17.0ppg), who was traded for David West during offseason, and Emeka Okafor (8.9ppg/9.5rpg), but that's pretty much it.
With Antawn Jamison retiring (many said he was forced into retirement to save money by the Hornets), the team needs a third scorer and honestly Quincy Pondexter (3.0pp) does not look like the best choice. The frontcourt bench players look really weak and it's not difficult to see that the team is lacking of toughness and plays too soft (28th FTA, 30th bpg, 27th rpg).
The Hornets need to find a way to get some help to New Orleans and stop saving money or Chris Paul will leave sooner rather than later (contract expires in 2012).
This squad has no real chance of making the Playoffs in a very strong Western Conference this season. Sry, CP3!

(Last year: 36-46, 5th South West, 13th West)

• Players lost: Z. Randolph, A. Law, D. Wilkins, D. Carroll, H. Haddadi

• Players added: S. Battier, I. Smith, F. Garcia, J. Curtis*, S. Claxton*

• Projected Rotation:

C M. Gasol - H. Thabeet - S. Claxton*
PF S. Battier - D. Arthur - J. Curtis*
SF R. Gay - X. Henry - S. Young
SG OJ Mayo - F. Garcia - T. Allen
PG M. Conley - I. Smith

• Outlook:

The Memphis Grizzlies ... are playing in the wrong Division. If they did not have three top teams in the South West, they could have very well made the Playoffs last season. Problem this season: the PF spot. Zach Randolph decided to take his 20 points and 10 rebounds per game to Milwaukee for more money. The Grizzlies front office decided to resign Marc Gasol (8.9 ppg/9.5rpg) and put him at PF which would make Hasheem Thabeet (0.4ppg) a starter. The young Tansanian is said to have had a great offseason and to have improved by a lot, so if we believe that, that would be an okay move. Problem: Thabeet sprained his ankle and will miss the first six weeks of the season. Now the Grizzlies will have to play returner Shane Battier at power forward, heavily undersized.
Apart from that, the Grizzlies roster looks pretty balanced and flexible. Rudy Gay was an All-Star replacement last season 818.9ppg/6.2rpg) and can still improve, OJ Mayo (16.1ppg/3.5apg) and Mike Conley (12.1ppg/7.0apg) played a solid season and the bench looks pretty talented. Jeremy Curtis, rookie out of Arizona is a raw diamond and could also crack the rotation soon.
The Grizzlies won't make the Playoffs though. It's their tough Division and the frontcourt problems that will keep them under .500% once again, but the potential is there.

*= Rookies; fat=added this season; r= retired; took the images of Agent420's association list, props to him!
Last edited by hova- on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - SW Preview - Who is Cameron Fortson? - PM

Postby Houndy on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Nice preview, again. I think the Mavs are going all the way this year :D
Houndy

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:11 am

Spurs 49-3. A new record :wink: Yeah that roster never looked shorter. But I remember an article I read on Popovich that he wanted no more than 13 players on the squad.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Houndy, let's hope Dirk and co can make some noise this year. Was a pity to see them get owned by the Lakers with Butler out.

Thierry •, thanks for pointing out that mistake. Right now they have 12 players, which is really a bit of a thin roster if you ask me.

Guys, I still haven't gotten any PMs about some background information for Cameron Fortson. Would love to see some support from you regarding that question.

Once again, the only things to consider are: spent 1 year at St. John's (NY) and was born in Brooklyn, NY.

Apart from that, the season will start soon, get hyped, I'm really eager to play.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - Season starting soon - Still no PMs bout

Postby Lamrock on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:40 am

Shit I forgot to make a player. Just catching up on all the stories here this weekend. I'm a big fan of the season previews. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:18 am

Lamrock, thanks man. Your price wasn't a player anyway, it was to develop one player of your choice and you can still send me a PM about it.

Thanks for the PMs, Houndy, puttin and Sit. I will make a mixture of your three stories for CF. Thanks for participating.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:15 am

Damm i thought Eddy Curry was playing for the Nuggets for a second !

Nice looking Knicks team but dont no one sleep on that Pacers team.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Houndy on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 am

Howd you get the college jersey on the prospects?
Houndy

Postby hova- on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:20 am

Houndy, photoshopping, editing the colors and the adding the font. It's a bit of a work so I tend to not do it any longer.

mp3, the difference is that he is like 6-8 and not as soft as Curry. More a mixture of Dejuan Blair and Jason Maxiell.
The Pacers have good players on key positions, but I don't like their big men a lot.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics - Season II starting soon -

Postby thatwizardguy on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:57 am

nuggets #45 looks like he is on roids his arms lol
thatwizardguy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame