Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - Race to the MVP - Award Candidate

Postby Martti. on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:24 am

LBJ will get it, happens almost every time in 2K11.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:59 am

Lamrock, thanks man, I hope you start your Clippers D soon. About the MVP, I think it would be okay to see LeQueen taking it. I mean, I hate it, but it's okay. As a Dirk fan I have to admit that his MVP in 2007 was exactly the same, LeBron's MVP would be in this D. He was the best guy on the best team, had great players around him (okay, LBJ has two All-Stars, but who else?) and thus took home the honors. I still hope the game gives it to KD.

Kubik, thank you. Turner deserves it just as much as wall if you ask me.

Martti., yeah that could be the case, would be the third in a row. Pretty decent streak.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:15 am

Can Chris Paul upset the Lakers like they did vs Dallas in 2008?

1. Los Angeles Lakers Image (59-23) vs 8. New Orleans Hornets Image (41-41)

A really nice matchup for a 1st vs 8th series. CP3 could kill the Lakers in the open court just like Russell Westbrook did last year. The Hornets though will definitely face two big problems in Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum. Whilst Bynum can be covered by Okafor, who should guard Gasol. The Spaniard is playing as effective as everyone in the league and the one-two combination with Kobe Bryant is not stoppable, especially by the Hornets. Maybe the Hornets can steal a game, but that's it.
My pick: 4-1 Lakers

ImageProjected Rotation: PG S. Blake - SG K. Bryant - SF R. Artest - PF P. Gasol - C A. Bynum - 6th L. Odom
ImageProjected Rotation: PG C. Paul - SG T. Ariza - SF A. Jamison - PF D. West - C E. Okafor - 6th M. Thornton

X-Factor: How will the Hornets's frontcout contain the Lakers' bigs. Emeka Okafor (9.4ppg/9.5rpg/1.5bpg) needs to work hard against Andrew Bynum (14.9ppg/8.3rpg/1.4bpg).

Stats leader:
ImageK. Bryant (27.1ppg), P. Gasol (9.7rpg), K. Bryant (4.4apg)
ImageC. Paul (19.7ppg), E. Okafor (9.4rpg), C. Paul (8.9apg)

2. Dallas Mavericks Image (54-28) vs 7. 8. Portland Trailblazers Image (41-41)

Dallas is glad that they won't face the Hornets like they did in 2008. The Trailblazers, without Brandon Roy, don't really seem to be a tough opponent. The Mavs have everything to beat the Blazers: a scoring big man, some tough guys around the basket and good shooters. The Blazers' offense relies too much on Andre Miller and his back-to-the-basket game since Roy's injury. Maybe the Blazers can get something out of Wes Matthews
My pick: 4-0 Mavericks

ImageProjected Rotation: PG J. Kidd - SG J. Terry - SF C. Butler - PF D. Nowitzki - C B. Haywood - 6th S. Marion
ImageProjected Rotation: PG A. Miller - SG W. Matthews - SF N. Batum - PF L. Aldridge - C G. Oden - 6th N. Krstic

X-Factor: How to guard Dirk? Oden's too slow and Aldridge too soft. Maybe Nicolas Batum will have to take that task.

Stats leader:
ImageD. Nowitzki (24.5ppg), B.Haywood (9.5rpg), J. Kidd (9.4apg)
ImageB. Roy (22.1ppg), G. Oden (9.5rpg), A. Miller (6.3apg)

3. Oklahoma City Thunder Image (53-29) vs 6. Phoenix Suns Image (45-37)

After they had to deal with the Lakers in their pioneer playoff season, the Thunder will now have a chance to show their regular season improvement vs the Phoenix Suns. The Suns played a pretty well season despite Steve Nash's regression in almost every category. The system is still running and the improvement of Robin Lopez also allowed the Suns to slow down once in a while. The Suns seem to have the more balanced roster, bringing in sharp shooters on almost every position. The Thunder heavily rely on the NBA's topscorer Kevin Durant. If he can't deliver, it's tough to win a game for OKC. Russell Westbrook could be just as important though, with Nash trying to guard him.
My pick: 4-2 Thunder

ImageProjected Rotation: PG R. Westbrook - SG J. Harden - SF K. Durant - PF J. Green - C M. Camby - 6th M. Finley
ImageProjected Rotation: PG S. Nash - SG J. Richardson - SF G. Hill - PF H. Warrick - C R. Lopez - 6th J. Childress

X-Factor: Two questions: Who shall guard KD? And who shall contain Russell Westbrook? The latter could be the major X-Factor.

Stats leader:
ImageK. Durant (30.2ppg), M. Camby (9.3rpg), R. Westbrook (7.3apg)
ImageJ. Richardson (18.8ppg), R. Lopez (8.0rpg), S. Nash (8.5apg)

4. San Antonio Spurs Image (49-33) vs 5. Houstons Rockets Image (46-36)

A Texas battle in the first round, there's nothing better than that. The Spurs are pretty confident that they can beat the Rockets as San Antonio played very well in the last two month. The Rockets had another solid but not overwhelming season and will look to finally reach the second round after failing to do so since Hakeem's days. Yao had no severe injuries this year and could help the Rockets to achieve their high goals. It's also a battle of two top coaches with Gregg Popovich and Rick Adelman.
My pick: 4-2 Spurs

ImageProjected Rotation: PG T. Parker - SG M. Ginobili - SF R. Jefferson - PF A. McDyess - C T. Duncan - 6th G. Hill
ImageProjected Rotation: PG A. Brooks - SG K. Martin - SF S. Battier - PF L. Scola - C M. Yao - 6th K. Lowry

X-Factor: Yao or "TD"? The big men could be the decisive factor as both teams have no real backups on their benches.

Stats leader:
ImageM. Ginobili (20.7ppg), T. Duncan (12.1rpg), T. Parker (5.4apg)
ImageK. Martin (21.7ppg), L. Scola (9.4rpg), A. Brooks (6.2apg)
Last edited by hova- on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - WC Playoffs Round 1 Preview

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 am

Nice playoff preview. Hope it doesn't take long to recap!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Pistol on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:30 am

I can't wait for the playoffs to start, but I definitely can't wait for the off-season to start. I'm interested to see what you can do with this roster in the off-season.

EDIT: I think the upset of the western conference will be the Hornet over the Mavericks.
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:17 am

Excellent playoff preview. (Y) Hopefully next season your Sonics can be in the discussion. :wink:

Rockets FTW!!!
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Martti. on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 am

Come on Blazers!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby dare on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 am

You only have prediction for the Lakers/Blazers match up. Great recap man
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 am

Sit, thanks, I try to get through it quickly. It's not that time consuming to make it either.

Agent420, thanks. Well, there will be no Hornets vs Mavs :(

Axel., thank you man. I hope that we can make some noise.

Martti., now against the Mavs!

dare, fixed it. Thank you.

Guys, the game was bugged. It said that the Hornets were the 7th seed and Portland the 8th seed (like in the rankings in the monthly recap).
Now that I started the Playoffs, the Mavs face the Blazers and the Hornets the Lakers! No revenge chances for my Mavs :(

Fixed the preview.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:39 am

Clash of two titans: Australian Andrew Bogut and Dwight Howard

1. Miami HeatImage (66-16) vs 8. Indiana Pacers Image (38-44)

The Pacers pretty much sneaked their way into Playoffs and if there is anyone who thinks they could beat the Miami Heat in a seven game series, I have to call him insane. Honestly I even doubt that they can make some noise, which means, this will be a sweep. The only hope for Indiana can be that the Heat don’t take them seriously enough. The Heat though will still be without Udonis Haslem.
My pick: 4-0 Heat

ImageProjected Rotation: PG D. Wade - SG M. Miller - SF L. James - PF C. Bosh - C Z. Ilgauskas - 6th M. Chalmers
ImageProjected Rotation: PG D. Collison - SG D. Jones - SF D. Granger - PF T. Hansbrough - C R. Hibbert - 6th T. Ford

X-Factor: Can Hibbert make some damage vs Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Hibbert played a very good season (11.0ppg/7.6rpg/1.4bpg).

Stats leader:
ImageD. Wade (26.4ppg), C. Bosh (10.1rpg), L. James (6.8apg)
ImageD. Granger (24.0ppg), R. Hibbert (7.6rpg), D. Collison (7.5apg)

2. Boston CelticsImage (52-30) vs 7. Philadelphia 76ersImage (42-40)

Two teams with pretty different seasons. Whilst the Celtics struggled with injuries and Kendrick Perkins’ departure, the Sixers were able to recover from early problems and played pretty well in March. But Boston plays it’s best basketball in the postseason, where Philly is lacking experience and a solid halfcourt offense. Also, the Sixers aren't nearly as strong at home as the Celtics are. So it will be hard to win games at Boston, but even harder to win them at home in front of one of the most criticizing crowds in the NBA.
My pick: 4-1 Celtics

ImageProjected Rotation: PG R. Rondo - SG R. Allen - SF P. Pierce - PF K. Garnett - C S. O’Neal - 6th N. Robinson
ImageProjected Rotation: PG L. Williams - SG E. Turner - SF A. Iguoudala - PF T. Young - C E. Brand - 6th A. Iverson

X-Factor: Halfcourt basketball or uptempo style? The Sixers have height problems and won’t win when the game’s too slow.

Stats leader:
ImageP. Pierce (21.6ppg), K. Garnett (8.7rpg), R. Rondo (9.7apg)
ImageE. Turner (15.4ppg), E. Brand (9.1rpg), A. Iguodala (5.1apg)

3. Chicago BullsImage (48-34) vs 6. Atlanta HawksImage (44-38)

A very interesting and balanced matchup between to teams who look to contend the top notch teams in the East, the Cs and the Heat. The Hawks will miss Jamal Crawford for at least one week because of a foot injury. Both teams have a pretty short bench. Injuries to key players could cause elimination. How will the Hawks defend Carlos Boozer, who is coming from an MVP-like season? Can Mike Bibby guard Derrick Rose? The Hawks will look to set up isolation plays for Joe Johnson like they did during regular season. But in Ronnie Brewer the Bulls also have an above average wing defender.
My pick: 4-2 Bulls

ImageProjected Rotation: PG D. Rose - SG R. Brewer - SF L. Deng – PF C. Boozer - C J. Noah - 6th K. Korver
ImageProjected Rotation: PG M. Bibby - SG J. Crawford - SF J. Johnson - PF J. Smith - C A. Horford - 6th M. Evans

X-Factor: Athleticism or pure strength? Whose frontcourt is better, Boozer, Noah or Horford, Smith?

Stats leader:
ImageC. Boozer (24.0ppg), J. Noah (9.4rpg), D. Rose (7.9apg)
ImageJ. Johnson (22.6ppg), A. Horford (11.0rpg), M. Bibby (4.7apg)

4. Orlando MagicImage (47-35) vs 5. Milwaukee BucksImage (46-36)

Two big man facing each other. Dwight Howard vs Andrew Bogut, the two top shotblockers in the league. But apart from the battle of the big men, both teams rely on their role players and three point percentage. Brandon Jennings has turned into a solid PG, the Magic seemed worn out after the regular season. Should be a close series, but the Magic just have more experience and the deeper bench.
My pick: 4-3 Magic

ImageProjected Rotation: PG J. Nelson - SG V. Carter - SF R. Lewis – PF B. Bass - C D. Howard - 6th M. Pietrus
ImageProjected Rotation: PG B. Jennings - SG J. Salmons - SF C. Maggette - PF E. Ilyasova - C A. Bogut - 6th M. Redd

X-Factor: Howard (20.2ppg/12.8rpg/2.3bpg) vs Bogut (15.4ppg/10.7rpg/2.2bpg)? Who can draw more attention and more double teams? Whose defense will change the game?

Stats leader:
ImageD. Howard (20.2ppg), D. Howard (12.8rpg), J. Nelson (6.1apg)
ImageB. Jennings (17.8ppg), A. Bogut (10.7rpg), B. Jennings (6.3apg)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - WC Bugged! EC Preview up

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:00 am

Both matchups between the 4th & 5th seeds are gonna be interesting (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:46 am

Chicago! Chicago! Chicago!! :headbang:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby CHUCK on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:59 am

Funny how The Hornets actually want Jamison now. You beat them to it. Lol. Your playoff previews look great. :headbang:
CHUCK

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 am

Then come on, Hornets! and HEAT of course.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby The X on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:14 am

hova- wrote:Guys, the game was bugged. It said that the Hornets were the 7th seed and Portland the 8th seed (like in the rankings in the monthly recap).
Now that I started the Playoffs, the Mavs face the Blazers and the Hornets the Lakers! No revenge chances for my Mavs :(

Fixed the preview.

The 2k blog rankings are bugged, the game is not. Once playoffs start, I believe game calculates tie breakers. That's why I haven't been able to put up my monthly recap. I have four teams tied for 6th place in the West (Grizz, Mavs, Spurs, Suns) but don't know which one will miss the playoffs & three teams (Bucks, Hawks & Wiz) tied for 8th place in the East but don't know which one will grab last spot. Need to actually enter playoffs to work that out :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:16 am

Thierry •, yeah, I also think those games gonna be pretty close, but I doubt that any of these teams can contend for the title. Maybe the Spurs, but ORL, MIL and HOU? no ...

Valor, I think the Bulls will make it.

CHUCK, well, 2k did well with the new trading AI, at least in some cases I guess ;) Thanks ;)

Martti., cHeat won't have a problem with Indy I guess.

The X, Ah okay, I think you could call it a bug then in case of not calculating the tiebreakers before simming to the Playoffs. Even ingame the rankings said the Hornets were 7th. What I hate most is that they don't have the numbers ingame. Why can't they just write an "8.", "7." etc in front of the teams ...?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (17-30) - Fiveliners ASG special! PART II

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:28 am

Okay, I don't want to make a prediction game for Playoffs, it's just too boring and happened way too often in other Ds. What I want to do is a little quiz at the end of the season. So here are the standings right now, only the Cousins for Rookie team decision is still missing. This and the quiz will be the last update for this season. Here's your ranking.

Predictions taken into consideration so far

ImageGet Tyreke into the All Star Game (NO)
ImageRookie Challenge result (Rookies win)
ImageSlam Dunk Contest winner (Blake Griffin)
ImageThreepoint shootout winner (Stephen Curry)
ImageAll-Star game result (East wins)
ImageAll-Star MVP (if you wanted) (Rajon Rondo)
ImageWin over 60% against the East (No)
ImageFinish 2nd behind the Lakers in the Pacific Division (No)
ImageReach the Playoffs (No

Predictions still open

ImageCousins for All Rookie First Team

The big price

1st place:
    - model a lottery pick - you will only be given name/position/college. Playing type / look / background will be all up to you

- Offseason development: decide over the offseason development of two players. Only realistic developments are allowed

2nd place:
    - Offseason development: decide over the offseason development of two players. Only realistic developments are allowed

3rd place:
    - Offseason development light: decide over the offseason development of one player. Only realistic developments are allowed

Thanks for participating (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - Interaction Update - EC Preview u

Postby Houndy on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 am

Nice previews, love the pic of Dwight and Bogut (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - Interaction Update - EC Preview u

Postby dare on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:24 am

In my sim associations the Pacers somewhat beat the Heat in 6 games. Eventually the Pacers even made it until the ECF
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:40 pm

Phil Jackson had his hands full leading the Lakers against New Orleans

1. Los Angeles Lakers Image (59-23) vs 8. New Orleans Hornets Image (41-41) 4-3

The Hornets only came one game short of upsetting the current Champion, the Lakers. The series went back and forth as the Hornets could grab a win in Game 1 but the Lakers were able to bounce back in their second home game. The Lakers had problems dealing with an injury of Pau Gasol who missed the first two games. He came back in Game 3 though and the Lakers pounded the Hornets on the road 104-71. New Orleans was able to tie the series in their 2nd home game and were able to steal another game in Los Angeles in Game 5, 96-87. Chris Paul had 17 points, 5 boards and 8 assists, Kobe had 5 Fouls and only 2 points. The Lakers though bounced back once again, thanks to a 26/15 outing by Pau Gasol. In a decisive Game 7, L.A. showed big time play, relied on Kobe (28/10/6) and Gasol (20/9/6) to cruise to a 87-111 home win.
My pick: 4-1 Lakers

Game 1: 93-88 Hornets
Game 2: 81-95 Lakers
Game 3: 104-71 Lakers
Game 4: 93-96 Hornets
Game 5: 96-87 Hornets
Game 6: 102-91 Lakers
Game 7: 87-111 Lakers

Series MVP: Pau Gasol. The Lakers dropped one game at home without him and he had three double-doubles in five games and scored 20+ points four times.

2. Dallas Mavericks Image (54-28) vs 7. 8. Portland Trailblazers Image (41-41) 4-3

Perfect example of a seven game series which wasn't that exciting all the time. There was only one close game (Game 3 - 89-86 Mavs) and the only highlight was Dirk pouring in 42 in Dallas' game 4 win @Portland. The Blazers gave their best to compensate Brandon Roy's injury and forced the big favorite Dallas to seven games. In the decisive game 7, the Blazers disappeared and lost clearly 90-105. Dirk had 17 points and 17 boards whilst the Blazers go-to-guy of the series, Andre Miller, only had 4 points after scoring 26 in game 6.
My pick: 4-0 Mavericks

Game 1: 82-88 Mavs
Game 2: 94-83 Blazers
Game 3: 89-86 Mavs
Game 4: 107-93 Mavs
Game 5: 91-79 Blazers
Game 6: 98-112 Blazers
Game 7: 90-105 Mavs

Series MVP: Dirk had 35 points in game 3 and 42 in game four. When he did not shoot that well, he rebounded the ball. No Blazer could stop him as he averaged close to 25 points per game.

3. Oklahoma City Thunder Image (53-29) vs 6. Phoenix Suns Image (45-37) 4-0

The Phoenix Suns will definitely try to rebuild in a way after getting sweeped by a team that exactly grew from rebuilding, the OKC Thunder. The Suns had no idea of how to stop Kevin Durant. Durants statlines? 29p/12r - 33p/13r - 26p/7r - 35p/8r. Further, Steve Nash seems to get old. He only scored 13 points in the first two road games combined and never dished out more than 9 assists. Russell Westbrook dominated him and averaged 22 points and 6.5 assists. The Thunder held the Suns to only 84 points per game.
My pick: 4-2 Thunder

Game 1: 91-104 Thunder
Game 2: 78-98 Thunder
Game 3: 104-79 Thunder
Game 4: 115-110 Thunder

Series MVP Who else but KD? 28 points and 8 rebounds per game as well as 5 assists per game. 'Nough said.

4. San Antonio Spurs Image (49-33) vs 5. Houstons Rockets Image (46-36) 4-3

The Texas battle really turned into a slaughter, as both teams came back again and again after looking like being downed. The Rockets missed Kevin Martin's scoring in the first two games as he sat out with a calf injury. On the other side, Tim Duncan hurt his knee in practice and missed these games either. The biggest injury though once again, had Yao Ming. The big Chinese tore a muscle in his calf and trudged over the court, averaging only 10 points and 5 rebounds in limited playing time. After winning three of the first four games, it looked like a sure thing to the Spurs. But Rockets came back with a big 94-90 game five road win. In game 6, the rehabilitated Kevin Martin shocked the Spurs with 36 points off the bench en route to a 84-90 win at Toyota Center. But Manu Ginobili's 38 points in Game 7 helped the Spurs to down the Rockets in an exciting series.
My pick: 4-2 Spurs

Game 1: 96-114 Spurs
Game 2: 102-11 Spurs
Game 3: 91-106 Rockets
Game 4: 104-102 Spurs
Game 5: 94-90 Rockets
Game 6: 84-90 Rockets
Game 7: 96-106 Spurs

Series MVP: Tim Duncan missed the first two games, but averaged 18 points, 12 rebounds and 5 assists in the last five.
Last edited by hova- on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - WC 1st round Playoffs Recap

Postby Kubik on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:31 am

Very nice previews! Go Bulls! :headbang:
Kubik

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 am

Lakers almost gone fishin'. Damn :(

Manu 38 points in a Game 7. That's what I'm talking about.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Rta on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:25 am

Nice preview man.
3 close series,just the thunder make a swip.
Rta

Postby CHUCK on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:55 am

Let's go Lakers! :twisted:
CHUCK

Postby Pistol on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 am

Fuck Hornets! They had the Lakers 3-2, how are they going to lose both clinching games? Nice recap man.
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame