Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics (26-51) - NCAA Final - Big L or Brady, Baby

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 pm

I reckon it would be pretty realistic for Brady to go in the 10-15 part of the Draft depending on the rest of the Draft prospects.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Wow Montana played a nice part on the NCAA this year. (Y) But they couldn't slow down Big Lance!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am

Thierry • wrote:Wow Montana played a nice part on the NCAA this year. (Y) But they couldn't slow down Big Lance!

Next year it will be Fresh they can't slow down.
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Sit, he's a dirty player who can rebound ... questionable how his game and his size translate into the NBA. But he seems like the best PF prospect if you consider Clemons a SF (which he definitely is in the NBA, lack of weight and strenght)

Thierry •, Big L's da man.

I plan some more updates now. Then let's go to the Playoffs and finally start offseason and season number two where the Sonics will move up to eigth seed and beat the Lakers in the first round, how's that Sit??! :)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (9-20) - What up Seattle? December's over .

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:51 am

March/April Recap Part I

Team Standings

Best in the West: Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers

All 82 games are played, the NBA season is over and today we want to give you a quick overview of the NBA standings & statistics.

First of all, yes, the Miami Heat did it. They can now call themselves the best team in the league. A 66-16 record is not too shabby and it did not take them long to find the right team chemistry, even without Udonis Haslem who only played 12 games before tearing his patella tendon.

Another big step did the Bulls take, who made their way to 3rd in the East and 6th in the league after acquiring Carlos Boozer. But it's not only Boozer who helped turning around the best franchise of the 90ies. Clever minor signings like Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver also had great affect on the team. And don't forget about Derrick Rose's improvement, who has turned into the 2nd best guard in the East quickly.

In the Western Conference there are no real big surprises. Maybe one should mention the Nuggets and Jazz missing the Playoffs, but in the tougher Conference there is always at least one solid team missing the round of the last 16, this time it were the injury-plagued Jazz and the "Melo-dramatic" Nuggets. Let's hope they can find a way to come back next year even if Melo does not resign (which is pretty likely).

All in all, the East is once again weaker than the West, or how can you explain the 38-44 Pacers making the postseason? It might be a short excursion anyway, since they will face the Heat in the first round.

Another interesting team are the Spurs. After struggling in the early stage of the season, Tim Duncan led his team to the fourth seed enjoying home court advantage in the first round against the Rockets.
A texas clash, no big deal for the Mavericks-hardened Spurs, but always nice to watch for us, the fans.

I don't want go into further detail with the upcoming Playoff matchups, we will come back to that later on this week. Take a look at the division breakdowns for more information.

Atlantic Division: Actually it's pretty surprising that the Atlantic Division houses two Playoff teams. The Celtics will once again make some noise after a solid season, where they once again cracked the 50-win mark. That the 76ers made the Playoffs is already pretty much a success for them. Let's see how Evan Turner and Andre Iguodala will handle their first round opponent, which is ... the Celtics! At least some sort of regional rivalry, but I doubt the 76ers will have much fun with the Cs. Apart from those two, the Division is a loosing Division. The Knicks did not improve even with Amar'e's arrival, New Jersey improved their record by 25(!) wins and still did not make the Playoffs, and Toronto just struggles.

Central Division: The Bulls success is wisely built by clever offseason decisions. Same goes for the Pacers, who landed a top PG with Darren Collison. Still they are lucky to be in - with only 37 wins. Milwaukee did better, but facing the Magic seems like a tough task for Bogut & friends. The Pistons and Cavs complete the Central D, which is pretty much the poorhouse of the league.

Southeast Division: The Magic will really try to change things in offseason, since they struggled to get homecourt advantage and won't have it if they face the Heat, Celtics or Bulls later. Miami, as mentioned, is the best team in the league. The Atlanta Hawks, just like the Blazers in the East, had problems to improve this season, stagnation isn't the key, but maybe they can lift their game in the Playoffs vs Chicago. The Bobcats are headless and built together without a plan (sorry, MJ). Washington has potential, another trip to the lottery should only deepen them.

Northwest Division: The Thunder had problems to find their rhythm after trading for Marcuy Camby. That cost them some wins that could have helped later, when they face the Mavs or Lakers and will now not have homecourt advantage. Still, once again a top notch season by the young OKC squad. The Trailblazers are lucky to be in, only one game in front of Denver and Golden State. Brandon Roy will be out for the Playoffs, and facing the Lakers, this team won't make much noise. Denver needs a rebuild, the T-Wolves are a good example of how to do exactly that.

Pacific Division: The Lakers have once again made their way to the first seed in the West. Looking at their roster, there is no reason why the should not make it to the Finals once again except maybe ... laziness. The Lakers need to show more motivation on defense in the postseason, but Phil Jackson will find a way to get his team hyped once again. Phoenix made the Playoffs and will face the Thunder in what should be a pretty exciting matchup. Question is: "Can they defend Kevin Durant like the Lakers did last year? The Warriors were better than last year but still did not make the Playoffs. The Clippers are a young, talented squad, but as long as B-Diddy stays in L.A., they have no chance to reach the postseason. The Sonics? Let's just hope they can land a solid draft pick, right now it looks like a tough task for GM Chris Hova to bring this team back to postseason glory.

Southwest Division: The Western powerhouse slightly lost it's status as the Spurs and Rockets did not crack the 50 wins. The Mavs did so, for the 10th straight season. It will be interesting if Chris Paul and the Hornets can upset the Mavs like they did in 2008. The Grizzlies aren't bad, but have to watch out that they don't loose their key players to free agency (Randolph, Gasol).

ImageImage
ImageImage

Individual Statistics

Kevin Durant earned his 2nd scoring title in a row.

Kevin Durant did it again. He is the league's top scorer for the 2nd year in a row, posting above 30 per game once again. Some guys just dominate this league, and the same goes for Dwight Howard. "Superman" did not play his most effective season this year, but once again won the rebound crown and the shot blocking title. He also posted a double-double season for the 7th time in a row.
Rajon Rondo leads the league in assists for the first time, but Jason Kidd showed that there are still some old-school guys who can rock them dimes.

Two surprising calls? Tyreke Evans is 8th in the league in scoring despite the Sonic's horrible season. Robin Lopez is the 5th best shotblocker in the league (thanks to the Suns horrid defense).

Check the stats below.

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - Regular Season's over - Standings

Postby Houndy on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:37 am

Nice recap, surprised the Sixers made the playoffs
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:22 am

Lopez twins with the blocks!

B-Diddy hating. :shake:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Martti. on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:33 am

You have a good chance at getting Big Lance. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:42 am

Awesome end-of-season recap, looking forward to seeing how the playoffs go (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mandich on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:48 am

The Pistons suck .
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:21 am

Houndy, thank you. Yeah, they pretty much sneaked by playing a very good 2011 year. They were at 13-20 after December which means they posted a 29-20 year 2011. That is pretty good.

shadowgrin, I hate three things: the block sim engine, the steal sim engine and the FG% sim engine. Just not realistic at all. I did not want to offend B-Diddy, but this team has so much talent and he just doesn't do shit.

Martti., that would be strange. I really do not expect the 1st pick. If I could get him, that would change my whole plan of how to build this team. I'd definitely take him though.

Valor, thanks, man. I just wrote it down without thinking much about it, in the end I pretty much liked the article. I will give an indepth Playoff preview and review. I hope next time I'll do that, it will be with the Sonics taking part.

mandich, they do. But that's nothing new ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Can't wait for next season :)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Again, Dwight's a lockout for DPOY and James for MVP. Always happens in the sims I made :|
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Sit, so do I. I want to play the game :) Right now I am not playing any NBA 2k11. More presenting my story than playing ;)

Thierry •, well, Dwight will be a lock for years IRL. He changes the game with his defense. About James, he'd deserve it in my story, the Heat rock and he has the 2nd best PER of the league. I still hope Durant makes it.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Can't wait for you to continue bro. A pleasure to read ;)
Fresh8

Postby Pistol on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:30 pm

The Knicks are a big disappointment
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Re: Hov's Sonics (9-20) - November/December recap part I

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Monthly Recap: March/April Part II

Race 2 The MVP

It's basically a battle of these two: LeBron James and Kevin Durant.

The MVP and other trophies
By Russ Welluable, NBA.com
Posted on April 21st 2011 9:11

So now that the season is over, I decided to only put five guys into the Race with basically only two of them having real chances of winning the award.
Kevin Durant and LeBron James are the real contenders for being named Most Valuable Player this season.

My pick is Kevin Durant. The Thunder again improved their record and are now among the league's elite. Sure, this is also due to the decent play of Russell Westbrook, but KD remains the go-to-guy on this team and his development is almost terrifying. He learned how to pass the ball, he has shown drastic improvements on defense and his scoring is as good as ever.

Taking a look at the supporting cast, there is no question whose team is better. Having sidekicks of Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, both perennial All-Stars and league superstars, does not really speak for LeBron who nevertheless put up big numbers this season. The Heat have the better record, the best of the league, but this can really be attributed to each of the Miami Trice.

In the end it's a media decision, controlled by reporters and journalists who think that they are NBA experts. I hope KD makes it, but LBJ has a big lobby, we all know that. Oh, and in honor of Mr. Fundamental Tim Duncan, I included him into my Race. Have a look at my top 5 guys of the season.

The race for the awards

Co-rookies of the year? Evan Turner and John Wall

So what I basically want to do in this R2MVP, is breaking down my player award winners of the season 2010/2011. There is always a lot of controversial like in the MVP decision, so I thought it would be a great idea to put five guys on each list so that you can pick whoever you like most. After that you should just hope that the guy makes it in real life.

Defensive Player Of The Year

The DPOTY, it seems like an annual award for Dwight Howard these days. He is just too important on defense, able to change the game completely because of his ability to alter shots, be it by swatting them away or just causing his opponent to deny the own shot and make a bad pass. For me personally, it's a shame that Gerald Wallace has "Superman" in front of him, because grabbing 10 boards a game and swatting 1.6 shots per game is awesome for a small forward. Sorry, Gerald, you may know now how Scottie felt with Michael on his side. LeBron James has really improved on defense this season which may also come from the fact that he has better defenders around him.

Rookie Of The Year

Evan Turner and John Wall are the top candidates when it comes to selecting the Rookie Of The Year. In my opinion, they should receive an co-award for their performances. Sure, Turner is more effective and has greater all-around numbers, but Wall really showed how he can affect a game with his quickness and his already pretty good passing. Blake Griffin played a solid season but seems lost on the Clippers. At least he won the SDC and the Rookie game MVP. Ed Davis played a surprising season, his rebounding is already excellent.

Most Improved Player

One guy really stands out in the MIP-rankings. Terrence Williams' all-around numbers look superb, the Nets improvement by 25 wins does so, too. It's questionable what will happen when Carmelo Anthony might sign with the Nets this offseason, but moving to SG should not be a problem for the flexible Williams. A guy who took a huge step (which is not really written down in his numbers), is JJ Hickson. Hickson posted several 20/10 games since the departure of Antawn Jamison. Watch out for JJ putting up All-Star calibre numbers next season.

Sixth Man Of The Year

Last but not least, the Sixth Man Of The Year. With Manu Ginobili and Jason Terry moving back into the starting five, the 6MOTY race will be pretty boring. Just give Lamar Odom the award. The Lakers really rely on Odom and his strong play off the bench and have the luxury of sitting either Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol for 15-20 minutes a night if they want. Two surprises this season are Kyle Lowry, one of the most effective point guards in the league and Tyrus Thomas who seems to have found a niche in the game after three years of dissapointment.
Last edited by hova- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (28-54) - Race to the MVP - Award Candidate

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Tim Duncan was a gun last season!

Also... you forgot Sixth Man of the Year heading!
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Sit, I didn't write that he played badly last season, did I? It's more like him and the Spurs struggled in the early stage of the season (18-14 in 2010) and he was the major reason for them to make the fourth seed in the West. Thx for pointing out the mistake, changed the layout a bit.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:46 pm

Loving to see TD play like that. Into the time machine! :)

Also liking the idea of a co-award for Wall and Turner.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Just give Odom the award (Y) Nice update as always might steal this layout for awards. :D
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:11 pm

hova- wrote:Sit, I didn't write that he played badly last season, did I? It's more like him and the Spurs struggled in the early stage of the season (18-14 in 2010) and he was the major reason for them to make the fourth seed in the West. Thx for pointing out the mistake, changed the layout a bit.

No, I was just saying he was a gun :)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Thierry •, TD's sick. The Spurs have a good chance of making the 2nd round or even the Conference Finals when he plays like that.

dare, thanks, man. Good to see that I'm a trendsetter in a way ;) Odom's the perfect guy off the bench.

Sit, TD's got a gun.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Loving the award race coverage as always. Surprised Blake Superior isn't the top ROY candidate. Hate to say it, but LeQuit for MVP
Lamrock

Postby Kubik on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Durant for mvp and Wall for ROTY! Very good article :wink:
Kubik

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame