Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics (25-49) - March Madness Update

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:54 am

If the Tar Heels don't win the championship, it would be a huge failure if you ask me.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:54 am

Sit, yeah ^^ well there must be a big surprise in the Final Four (like Butler last year) ... I don't have much knowledge about the NCAA, but I thought Montana was a pretty good choice for a surprise because I never heard of them before. Glad you like it ... UNC vs UConn is a wicked game.

Thierry •, well, UConn has Big Lance. Dunno if the Tar Heels have a big man to contain him but I think rather not. The funny thing is that it's all happening in my head :D So we will see wether or not Lance can beat Randolph, not sure yet ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:55 am

Axel will be going to watch the NCAA Final Four, Huskies vs. Tar Heels (in the story, since it's in Houston :P ). Love the coverage, pretty odd that Montana made it. Can't wait to see the Tar Heels win. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby The X on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:28 am

Montana of the Big Sky. Boy, that's the biggest load of upsets in Tournament history. It was huge fairytale to see a teams like George Mason make it a few years back, but they were from CAA conference, a lot tougher.

Best I've seen from Big Sky is my boy Harold "The Show" Arceneaux & Weber State making the Round of 32 :P

Great final four graphics. You just had to make mine look bad, didn't you? :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Rooting for Montana, gotta love those upsets.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby dare on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Nice update, it would be a perfect year for Lance to win it all then be the no.1 pick in the draft
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Axel., haha, good to see you watching it in virtual life ;) Everybody's rooting for UNC to win it all, did not know they were that popular.

The X, okay :D It seems like I've gone a little bit too far but honestly I just cannot understand college basketball at all. It's cool and I like it, but all those Conferences and the seeding of the teams in the Tournament bracket seem random to me ^^. Well, in my virtual basketball world, Montana did it. Maybe Orlando Brady will be a top 10 pick then, since he's the key reason to their success. I might cover him with a scouting report.

Glad you like my graphics, just a lil photoshop work, nothing more ;)

Houndy, finally not a Tar Heel supporter. UCLA will be pretty tough with Graham doing work.

dare, thanks, man. UConn is the top favourite for repeating. Lance is just too good.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:56 pm

hova- wrote: The X, okay :D It seems like I've gone a little bit too far but honestly I just cannot understand college basketball at all. It's cool and I like it, but all those Conferences and the seeding of the teams in the Tournament bracket seem random to me ^^. Well, in my virtual basketball world, Montana did it. Maybe Orlando Brady will be a top 10 pick then, since he's the key reason to their success. I might cover him with a scouting report.

Glad you like my graphics, just a lil photoshop work, nothing more ;)

Don't worry about the Montana thing. The best thing about March Madness (NCAA Tournament included) is the unpredictability. Heck, an Ivy League team Harvard had a great team last year, made it to Sweet 16 out of a number 12 seed & were unlucky not to beat Kentucky & move onto Elite Eight. So a bloody school from educational elites could've easily been just one win away from Final Four. A Davidson team built around Stephen Curry came within a missed shot on buzzer of beating Kansas (team that won national title I believe) to make Final Four.

So yeah, once a team can get past the first weekend, if they're a great team, then anything is possible. After all, a great team will usually beat a team of great individual talented players.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:24 am

hova- wrote: Thierry •, well, UConn has Big Lance. Dunno if the Tar Heels have a big man to contain him but I think rather not. The funny thing is that it's all happening in my head :D So we will see wether or not Lance can beat Randolph, not sure yet ;)

Oh, totally forgot. They also have Kemba Walker, right? Then I think they can contend. (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:36 pm

Thierry • wrote:
hova- wrote: Thierry •, well, UConn has Big Lance. Dunno if the Tar Heels have a big man to contain him but I think rather not. The funny thing is that it's all happening in my head :D So we will see wether or not Lance can beat Randolph, not sure yet ;)

Oh, totally forgot. They also have Kemba Walker, right? Then I think they can contend. (Y)

They have him IRL. Don't forget this is Hov's kingdom :) So basically from the players you know by now, they have Lance and his fellow pg Louie Samuel.

I might present the starting five's of the last two teams ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:47 pm

hova- wrote:
Thierry • wrote:

They have him IRL. Don't forget this is Hov's kingdom :) So basically from the players you know by now, they have Lance and his fellow pg Louie Samuel.

Don't forget UNC's 10th man and waterboy, Will Sit. :P
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby hova- on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Sit wrote:
hova- wrote:
Thierry • wrote:

........... who will go undrafted in summer :wink:
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:04 pm

hova- wrote:
Sit wrote:
hova- wrote:
Thierry • wrote:

I'm only a freshman. :P I will stay in college till Hova let's me declare for the draft.
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:46 am

Sit wrote:
hova- wrote:
Sit wrote:
hova- wrote:
Thierry • wrote:

I'm only a freshman. :P I will stay in college till Hova let's me declare for the draft.

Man, I hate huge quote boxes like that one
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: Hov's Sonics (3-12) -

Postby hova- on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:20 pm

███ Biggest upset in history: Montana reaches NCAA Final
HOUSTON (AP)

The Montana Grizzlies pulled off what maybe was the biggest upset in NCAA history as they downed the UCLA Bruins in the NCAA semi final 69-61.

Once again Florida native Orlando Brady was the leading scorer and rebounder for the Grizzlies as he posted 18 points and 13 boards along with two blocked shots.

Murry George added 13 points for the defensive-minded Grizzlies who managed to hold their opponents to .41% from the field.

UCLA point guard Leroy Graham scored 18 points in his final game in college basketball but only shot 5-17 from the floor. He also dished out 5 assists.

Montana will face UConn in the NCAA final tomorrow (see below).

███ Big Lance , UConn make it twice in a row
HOUSTON (AP)

The UConn Huskies will once again have a chance to grab the NCAA title in the final after beating the North Carolina Tar Heels 80-83 in overtime.

"It was a special game, I think it could have gone either way, but we simply could not defend Lance (Meredith)", UNC forward George Randolph said after the game.

Randolph had a superb game as he scored 23 points and added 7 rebounds and 4 assists, but Lance Meredith just stole the show.

The big man scored 27 points and grabbed 10 boards also adding 5 blocks. Meredith hit the last shot of the game with 20 seconds left on the clock to give the Huskies a three point lead that never changed in the last seconds of the game.

"I'm so glad we made it once again, that's the way I want to leave this team", the soon-to-be-pro center said. The Huskies will face Montana in tomorrow's NCAA showdown.

███ Hill: I'm not done yet
PHOENIX (AP)

Grant Hill does not want to end his career after the 2010/2011 NBA season.

"I feel like I missed so much time with injuries, I mean, if you subtract my time being off, I might be like 34 years old", the 38-year old veteran said.

Hill is averaging 12.6 points and 6.1 rebounds in 30.3 minutes per game for Phoenix. The Suns are sixth in the Western Conference and will have another trip to the postseason.

Hill's contract will expire after the season.

███ Sonics blow out Rockets, improve last year's record
HOUSTON

The Seattle Supersonics beat the Houston Rockets 110-77 last night, grabbing their 26th win of the season.

Tyreke Evans had a great all-around game and posted 23 points, 7 assists and 4 steals. Former Rocket Carl Landry posted 21 points and 10 rebounds.

A surprising outing had Demarcus Cousins. The Wildcat scored 20 points and grabbed six boards.

The Rockets, who are still fighting for homecourt advantage, only had three guys in double figures led by Aaron Brooks' 13.

Houston is fifth in the West only two games behind San Antonio. Seattle now holds a record of 26-51 improving their last season record by one win with five games left to play this season.

███ D-Wade scores fifty, Heat already locked for Playoffs
MIAMI - NEW JERSEY (AP)

The Miami Heat grabbed their 62nd win of the season against the New Jersey Nets, beating them 98-120.

Dwyane Wade had a season-high 50 points shooting 20-25 from the field. Chris Bosh added 31 points and 9 boards, LeBron James had 23 points, 7 boards and 12 assists.

MIP-award favorite Terrence Williams had 31 points and 7 assists for the Nets.

The Heat are the best team in the league at 62-15 and already have homecourt advantage with the Lakers being 2nd best at 56-23.

The Nets are still battling for that 8th Playoff seed (which will result in another matchup with Miami), currently two games behind the Indiana Pacers at 34-43.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (26-51) - Fiveliner: NCCA, Better record, W

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Have you simmed ahead to see if G Hill retires?

Also, nice to see UConn v Montana in the NCAA Final. Go Montana! Although I am predicting that they will fall just short!

Also Thierry, I hate you too. :)
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:28 pm

I expect a Duke-Butler finish, with the shot going in. Go Bears!
Houndy

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Sit wrote:Also Thierry, I hate you too. :)

:)

Go Montana!
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: Hov's Sonics (25-49) - Watch out, Steve Nash & Joel Anth

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:39 am

Orlando Brady and his Grizzlies could not grab the win, but their trip to the final will never be forgotten

UConn, Big Lance grab 2nd consecutive NCAA Championship in turbulent match vs Montana

Every Cindarella story needs an end, and sometimes, it's no an happy end.

The Montana Grizzlies were the Cindarella story of this year's NCAA championship making their way from Big Sky Conference champion to the Final Four and then the Finals after beating UCLA pretty clearly in the semi finals.

The Huskies were just too good. And too big. Especially one guy, Big Lance. Lance Meredith once again showed a great scoring punch inside as he went for 21 points on 8-10 shooting. The fact that he only added 6 rebounds can be attributed to Montana's man of the match: Orlando Brady.

The 6-9 power player has been the Grizzlies go-to-guy for the complete season and he finished his masterpiece by grabbing 16 boards and adding 12 points and 2 blocks against UConn.

Brady's team mates could not connect though, struggling with shots early in the game. Murray George only hit 1-4 from downtown and scored 8 points, point guard Rob Thornton added 15 points and 3 assists in the game, but only had two points at the half.

The Huskies still had problems to grab a lead in the first three quarters and never led by more than two points until the fourth quarter. It was a monster dunk by Brady which gave the Grizzlies a surprising lead with three minutes to go in the third.

But freshman point guard Louie Samuel scored six points in a row in the fourth to give UConn a four-point lead which they never gave up. Small forwardRichard Johnson added 15 points off the bench and Samuel had 12 points and 5 assists.

For Lance Meredith it was the last game for UConn and his 2nd Championship with the team that won it's first back-to-back titles in history and is only the seventh team in NCAA history who managed to win the title twice in a row (or more). Meredith was also voted the "Most outstanding player" of the tournament for the second time in a row being the first player to manage that feat since Bill Walton did in 1972 and 1973.

"It's an honor and I want to thank everybody. I think it was Louie (Samuel) who carried us tonight and we also defended pretty well", the big man said.

Grizzlies power forward Brady was pretty disappointed: "It's really bad that we could not take the lead with us in the third. UConn is a good team, but I think we could have beaten them. Big L was great, but I found ways to contain him despite his size. I felt like we could take this one, but we didn't, it's just terrible right now".

His draft stock may have well risen after posting a double-double in each of the tournament's games. NBA scouts may not like his size, but Brady showed that he can compensate that by fighting in the paint.

"It's not unlikely to see him getting drafted in the top 10 after this tournament performance", an scouting expert said.

After all, that could be a cindarella story with a good finish, as Brady had to work his way to success, seeing him on a NBA team would definitely make up for the Grizzlies' loss.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (26-51) - NCAA Final - Big L or Brady, Baby

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:43 am

lol at that hairstyle with the headband. It always amuses me even in 2K10.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:46 am

shadowgrin, wow shadow, this must be your first post in my D. Welcome :P

Ye it's looking pretty nice, fits though, he's a dirty player.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Houndy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:46 am

Nooooo, not my Grizz :x
Houndy

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:11 am

hova- wrote:shadowgrin, wow shadow, this must be your first post in my D. Welcome :P

Ye it's looking pretty nice, fits though, he's a dirty player.

I consistently lurk in a few stories even if I don't reply to all of the ones I read. :wink:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:46 am

Natural for the Rockets to lose against a sub-par team...

That Lance Meredith guy is a beast. (Y) Would've been great if Montana had taken the championship, though. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Sit, Grant Hill wanted to retire in my old save, which I found pretty unrealistic cause in real life he already said that his body feels way younger with all that injury breaks he had to take. In the new save he does not want to retire.

shadowgrin, ah okay, good to see you stopping by ;)

Houndy, no chance, I mean UConn is just too good.

Axel., my Sonics are sub-par?? :D Actually they are ... Meredith will turn one team around this offseason, I think his presence can lift a lottery team to postseason.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame