Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics (16-26) - Trade! Or no trade? Hov agonizing

Postby Valor on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:50 am

Well, in my perspective I look at it like this. If you made the trades, it still probably won't get you in the playoffs, so why not grind it out, develop your young guys and wait to add more talent via the draft? It is a gamble but it's the same if you make a move :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:57 am

I'd prefer Hinrich out of those names, but giving up Landry would be too much. Try Beno and Whiteside, maybe they'll bite.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:14 am

Yep I'd go with Hinrich, but I wouldn't trade both Whiteside and Carl away. :scold:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:42 am

I suggest keeping them and then if you have a :turrible: record, and if you don't get the 1st overall pick, trade for it.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:54 am

Be sure to keep Landry and all of your first rounders
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:00 am

Lamrock wrote:Be sure to keep Landry and all of your first rounders

(Y) +1
Houndy

Postby john26 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 am

I say wait for the draft. It could be similar to 2009 draft, with strong PG talent, just what you need.
john26

Postby The X on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:56 am

Don't do any of the trades. I'll echo Lamrock's comments, keep Landry & 1st Round picks. If you really like Bledsloe then I guess you could give up Thompson & your 2nd Round pick. That's the only one out of the all deals that I would consider, but only if you're not getting good mileage out of Thompson.

I think you'll get a PG in the Draft.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 am

Thx for your opinions guys. Don't have time to sim further to the deadline today, but I hope I can post a scouting report of the upcoming point guard trio tomorrow. What I don't like about the whole situation is the fact that Beno Udrih's contract is like 18M$ over the next three years, absolutely horrible. He could be a good backup point guard, but I rather take some talent on the second string and feel like he'd be overpaid for a backup.

Same goes for Garcia. who also has a turrible contract.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (3-12) - Evans returns ... / Another two ga

Postby hova- on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Trading deadline special

███ Perkins demands minutes or trade
BOSTON (AP)

Boston Celtics center Kendrick Perkins has demanded more playing minutes or a trade in a recent interview with the Boston Herald.

"I'm in a contract year and coming off an injury. I need minutes to present myself and come back into shape, but when I don't get these minutes, I have to look about what possibilities else are there", the 6-10, 285 lbs big man is quoted.

Perkins is only averaging 11.6 minutes per game behind the veterans Shaquille and Jermaine O'Neal. Boston's sitting first in the Atlantic Division with 33-18.

Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers did not want to express their thoughts on the distracting situation.

███ Thunder looking to add quality pieces
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)

The Oklahoma City Thunder want to make some noise in their 2nd postseason this year and are still looking to add some pieces to their roster before trading deadline.

"We feel like we still need some depth on the big positions", Sam Presti, OKC General Manager said in a NBA.com interview yesterday.

Rumours are that the Thunder are trying to acquire Boston's big Kendrick Perkins, but there are also other options like Trailblazers center Joel Przbylla or Cleveland's star Antawn Jamison.

The Thunder are currently third in the West with 34 wins and 17 losses.

███ Paul asking for help
NEW ORLEANS (AP)

With the New Orleans Hornets only ranking 10th in the Western Conference at 27-31, team leader and point guard Chris Paul has been calling out for some deals to improve the team's chances for a playoff berth.

"Right now we are having problems to succeed in this tough Conference and I think we are lacking one or two guys who can pick up the slack and help us getting better", Paul said.

The 6-0 playmaker is averaging 20.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game and also leads the league in stealing with 2.5. Whilst Paul is a lock for the upcoming All-Star game, the Hornets lack of a real second scorer as David West is struggling with his shot this season (16.2 ppg on .49% shooting).

The Hornets possess a big trade chip with Peja Stojakovic expiring contract worth 16M$.

███ Sonics, Clippers in trade talks
SEATTLE - LOS ANGELES

The Seattle Supersonics and the Los Angeles Clippers, the lowlights of the Western Conference are said to be in trade talks for over two weeks now.

The Supersonics are looking for a young point guard to lead their team whilst the Clippers are said to have interest in Sonics' power forward Jason Thompson.

"We had some talks, that is right, but right now there is no agreement on any deal so far", Sonics GM Chris Hova said earlier this day.

The Sonics are interested in rookie point guard Eric Bledsoe, who does not get many playing time behind Baron Davis and Randy Foye this season.

The Clippers are last in the West at 15-38 whilst the Sonics are just in front of them with 17-30.

███ Magic won't trade point guard
ORLANDO (AP)

The Orlando Magic don't plan to give away one of their backup point guards as Jameer Nelson's back problems turn out to be more serious than thought.

Nelson hurt his back while lifting weights a week ago. The Magic team doctors think that their starting point guard suffers from a slipped disc which will cause him to miss at least 5 weeks.

Chris Duhon and Jason Williams, who were not seeing much playing time before the injury of Nelson were part of different trade rumours, but seem to be safe now that the Magic need someone to step in.

"We are glad we have this quality depth on the playmaker position", Stan Van Gundy told Magic.com. "We need both guys and hope they can fill in the void".
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (17-30) - Fiveliners deadline special!

Postby maksie on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:20 pm

if you get some draft picks in the Thompson-Bledsoe deal,it will be pretty good
maksie

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:34 pm

No trade please. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 am

If the point guards in the upcoming draft are as good as you say, just endure the losses to get into the lottery to snatch one of them up. :)

David West scoring 16 ppg on 49% shooting? Many players would love to be struggling as much as he is. :P :lol:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Mandich on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:03 pm

I think you should wait to the draft for a PG
Mandich
Muffin Button

Re: Hov's Sonics (9-23) - Sonics.com three game update

Postby hova- on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:53 pm

With the All-Star break nearing, some teams are already out of serious playoff contention and have started planning for the next season and thus talent scouts are all over the place at the college matches.

Today, we want to take a look at the 2011 point guard trio, three guys who are definite lottery picks and who could end up among the best five in a point guard seeking league.

The guy who is said to be the prime objective on every lottery team looking for a point guard may be Luis Chase. The 6-2 sophomore out of Indiana State seems to be the best combination of maturity and potential of all PGs this year.

Chase, a quick power pack, is helping his Indiana State Sycamores to rank among ESPN's top 25 college teams (15th with 12-5), also gaining nation-wide attention for his flashes of phenomenal play the last few games. Chase, son of a american father and a cuban mother, is averaging 15.5 points and 6.5 assists per game on .501% shooting from the field. He's also adding 1.5 steals per game. He is shooting .211% from downtown and .72% from the freethrow line.

The next interesting point guard for the upcoming draft is Leroy Graham of the UCLA Bruins. Graham, a 6-3 LA native, is helping a strong UCLA squad to stay on top of the Pacific-10 standings with a record of 13 wins and only 3 losses so far. Graham is in his 2nd season for the Bruins and is planning to declare for the NBA draft although he is not 100% sure yet. Although experts say his game has still a lot of flaws, Graham's potential is undoubted. He holds averages of 12.1 points and 5.6 assists per game. The guy they simply call "Lee" is shooting .455% from the field and .36% from beyond the arc.

The last guy we want to introduce is Georgia State's Eric Arthur. Arthur is also in his second year at College, but unlike the others, his team is far away from being successfull. The Panthers only won 1 out of their last 5 and stand at 5-14.
Arthur, a wiry athlete standing at 6-1, is averaging 18 points and 8 assists as well as 2.2 steals per game. He is shooting .46% from the field and .250% from downtown.
A football player until his late highschool years, Arthur has still to learn a lot but has the will and motivation to make it with the pros. He already expressed his desire to play in the NBA, the Atlanta Hawks as his favourite choice.

Take a look at the weaknesses & strenghts of the point guard trio below.

NBAdraft.net wrote:Image

Strenghts: An absolute powerpack ... good athlete ... already a very strong body ... quick first step ... decent size for a point guard ... good fake dribblings ... very good court vision ... good ballhandler ... knows how to finish in traffic ... controls the flow of his team ... decent fast break decision maker ... has a variety of floaters & shots around the basket ... a pesky defender ... already trying to be a leader ... pass first mentality ... works hard on his game ...

Weaknesses: needs to be more consistent ... his shooting form is not very good ... no three point threat ... very strong, but lacks of stamina ... needs to score more by himself ... tends to hold the ball too long ... not very long arms ... turns the ball over too much ... could drop some pounds ... needs to change his diet ...

Strenghts: good size ... pretty strong ... has a good first step ... can do a little bit of everything ... good shooting form but needs to find more consistency on his shot ... very good ball handling ... does not make many mistakes ... very good when the game's on the line ... very mature player ... knows how to distribute the ball ... good mixture of passing & shooting ... shows good working ethic ... has a lot of potential ...

Weaknesses: still pretty raw ... not a good defender ... only an average athlete ... very quite on the court ... not the best leader yet ... needs to attack the basket more ... his three point shot is still a bit shaky ... will have a tough time to adjust his game to "pro" level ...

Strenghts: very quick ... uses his quickness to blow past defenders ... no fear when attacking the rim ... knows how to finish around the rim ... loves to draw contact when driving ... artistic ball handler ... can take over a game with his scoring ... will still improve ... shows great fighting spirit ... really matured at college ... can hit the midrange J ... uses ball fakes and size ups to create space ... can create his own shot ... a good one-on-one defender ... plays the passing lanes

Weaknesses: not very strong, needs to add weight ... not a good jumper ... needs to work on his long range shot ... has problems with calling plays ... needs to take his head up more when driving to find the open teammates ... sometimes too egoistic ... not a good rebounder ... although pretty mature, he can still be a troublemaker ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (17-30) - "The Trio"

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:34 am

Luis Chase (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 am

Chase looks like Josh Howard, Graham looks like OJ Mayo and Arthur looks like Ricky Davis. But that's just me :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Mandich on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 pm

This draft seems to be really deep and good , hope you make a good pick man ! (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby hova- on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:08 am

Thierry •, he's probably the best out of these three. Not a good shooter though.

dare, you're right :D Chase - Howard is the best comparison.

mandich, I definitely think we will get a decent lottery pick. The 2k11 draft deals allow to acquire better picks whilst the draft which could be an important factor for me.

I did not find the time to update this recently. X-mas, real life and a 2k11 pause kept me away a bit. I may get on this week with the deadline deals and the ASG, but as I like to spent my time with friends & sports more often recently this could take a while.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (4-12) - Picking it up ...

Postby hova- on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Bye bye, Rip City. Marcus Camby just got traded again.

Camby headlines trade deadline deals
February 15th, Posted 11:03 am

Tonight, NBA teams had the latest chance to swap players as the NBA's trading deadline day ended just a few hours ago.

We did not experience any real blockbuster deal this year and the three moves that were made will certainly not affect the current balance of the league, but nevertheless the latest trades could help the the teams involved to reach their goals.

The biggest move of the night was the deal which sent Thunder big man Nenad Krstic and point guard Eric Maynor to the Portland Trailblazers for defensive big man Marcus Camby.

The 36 year old Camby, who has been averaging 5.2 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2 blocks per game in 29.8 minutes wasn't all too surprised to see himself traded.

"I was informed pretty early before the deal was done, it's a business and me and my family will have to handle the situation", the 15-year veteran said. Camby is seeing himself with his 3rd team in two years now after being dealt from the Nuggets to the Clippers two seasons ago.

Eric Maynor will be a backup point guard for the Blazers. The sophomore only played in 29 games this season dealing with a broken foot earlier. He holds averages of 2.6 points and 2.4 assists in 11.4 minutes of action per game.

Nenad Krstic might also move from being a starter in Oklahoma City to being a backup center in Portland. He will most likely play behind upcoming and injury-free Greg Oden. The contract of the 27-year old Serbian will expire after the season. He is averaging 9.2 points and 5.6 rebounds this season.

ImageFor Oklahoma City this deal brings the desperately needed inside defense. Standing at 34-17, the Thunder felt like they needed to boost their frontcourt for the Playoffs as they were already outplayed downlow by the Lakers last year. Camby brings experience and a whole lot of defense (four-time All defensive team). Giving up some talent won't hurt the already loaded team in the long run. The only minus might be the money Camby will earn over the next two years (18M$).

The Thunder also announced the signing of 34-year veteran Antonio Daniel on a 1-year, veteran's minimum contract. Daniels will be backup point guard for the Thunder instead of Eric Maynor.

GRADE: What a deal. You have to love Sam Presti.
A

ImageIt's always tough to give up such a defensive weapon like Marcus Camby, but the Trail Blazers did everything right.
The team is not going in any real direction right now. At 29-23, the Blazers will once again enter the Playoffs and have to deal with an early exit. Camby's contract was one of the highest next to Brandon Roy, and the Blazers also heavily tried to get rid of Andre Miller. The project of being a Championship contender in the next two years has not worked out and looking at Roy's knees it's unlikely to happen without changing the roster.

Krstic won't be resigned, at least not for much money. Maynor gives the Blazers a solid, talented backup point guard, something Patty Mills could not achieve so far.

The biggest point of the deal however might be Greg Oden. Finally healthy, Oden is playing a very good season so far and the Blazers want him to be the number one big man on their roster. Giving away Camby might be a risky move because Oden is really injury-prone. But at the moment, it seems to be the best fit for the former number one pick to get as much minutes as possible.

GRADE: The Blazers aren't dumb. The title window is not only closed, it seems locked. A sweet move to herald the rebuild.
B+

CP3 gets demanded help

The second bigger move of this night was made by the Hornets, whose superstar Chris Paul has already been asking for some deals to be made in order to achieve the goals set earlier.

The New Orleans Hornets sent F Peja Stojakovic and G Willie Green to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for F Antawn Jamison and a 2012 2nd round draft pick.

Jamison, who is playing very well this season for the Cavaliers (21.7 points, 8.4 rebounds per game in 33 minutes) will now most likely start at the small forward spot for the Hornets. The 13-year veteran wasn't really satisfied with the situation in Cleveland after LeBron's departure and is glad to contend for the Playoffs with the Hornets.

Peja Stojakovic is averaging 10.4 points and 2.1 rebounds this season. The 6-11 Serbian's contract will expire after this season (15.4M$).

Willie Green's contract will also expire after the season (4M$). The 29-year old guard is only averaging 10.0 minutes this season (2.5 points/0.3 assists per game)

ImageFor New Orleans, this was a move clearly made to satisfy Chris Paul. The All-Star point guard felt like the team was going nowhere this season (26-28) and saw his Playoffs chances taken away by the franchises economy drive.

Jamison is the answer of Dell Damps, GM of the Hornets. Although his contract is not to the liking of the Hornets owners (28M$ over the next two years), Jamison still has enough game and experience to help this team making the Playoffs. Seeing him at the three is not the best solution though, as he has not only lost a step or two at 34 years of age.

GRADE: A calculated financial risk by the Hornets, who are looking at the presence rather than the future.
C

ImageThe Cleveland Cavaliers are miles away from making the Playoffs and look to rebuild their roster. Getting rid of Jamison helps them in three ways. First of all, Jamison is earning a lot of money over the next two years, money the Cavs don't want to spend on a veteran player.

Second, Antawn Jamison plays the exact same position JJ Hickson does. The latter is one of the central keys of the Cavs' future plan and they want him to play more minutes this season.

Third, Jamison did not feel good in Cleveland and wanted to force a trade after the season anyway. Improving the team's atmosphere is always good.

Getting two expiring contracts in return makes this deal really really good for the Cavaliers who will look for a solid draft pick (right now at 21-32) and maybe add a good free agent with all that cap space to get back to winning way soon.

GRADE: The perfect move for a rebuilding franchise. This season will be very hard though.
A

Perkins leaves Celtics

In another trade, the Bostons Celtics have given away disgruntled C Kendrick Perkins for the Clippers' F Craig Smith.

Perkins, who only saw 11 minutes per game for the Cs, demanded a trade in order to get some playing time as he is in the final year of his contract.

The Celtics, who trust in their veteran O'Neal big men, wanted to thank Perkins and fulfilled his wish.

"I'm glad that I will come to a franchise where I can show what I can do", Perkins said. He will most likely backup Chris Kaman.

Craig Smith's won't see much playing time with the Celtics but will have the chance to play for a title, something he had never before with Minnesota and Los Angeles.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (17-30) - The deadline Trades

Postby Eirsej on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:22 pm

The Thunder get nice inside presence in Camby. Great trade for them. (Y)
Eirsej

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:24 am

Yep nice deal for OKC, but I like Maynor for the Blazers (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby George7 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 am

Fantastic move for the Thunder.And a nice way to start the rebuilding for the Blazers.
As for Hornets,i don't believe Jamison will be that much of a help.
George7

Postby Houndy on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:44 am

The Thunder and Sam Presti do it again!
Houndy

Postby dare on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:44 am

The only deal I like is the Thunder, with that signing they really are now a contender.
dare
True kings have rings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame