Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Mark. on Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:22 am

Yeah i have only managed to get bench players and srubs injured for more than one game, and they become playable pretty quickly as well, i guess that could be since im only playing 28 game season.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Ruff Ryder on Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:52 am

Andrew, are you still playing on all-star? Maybe you should bump it up a little. 9 game win streak. Superstar isnt that hard after the 1st couple games.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:59 am

bigballer wrote:Very Nice I enjoyed all 3 page thus far, and hope to hear of your sucess into the playoffs. thanks for taking the time to play and enter this info for all of us!

You're most welcome. Thank you for reading it! :wink:

TheBigEasy wrote:Same here ... I am one game away from the All Star Game and have yet to experience an injury which last more than a game. I have put the injury frequenzy slider up to 100. 1 game ago, vs. Detroit Baron Davis went down. Darrell Armstrong comes in, second possession he went down to. After a while Baron Davis was cleared to play again. So I put him in, hoping to reinjure him (I know I am mean). And he did. But only for the remainder of the game. DA came back also, i put him in, but only managed to fatigue him to zero. I would also love to have the challenge of tweakin my roster ... but so far ... no luck.

I have a feeling I'll experience an injury to a key player right before the playoffs. Therefore, I'm going to sit KG for the final game of the regular season, just in case. :wink:

ruffryder8 wrote:Andrew, are you still playing on all-star? Maybe you should bump it up a little. 9 game win streak. Superstar isnt that hard after the 1st couple games.

I've been playing on Superstar for the last 45 games or so. As soon as it became too easy and I adjusted the sliders for realistic play, I bumped up the difficulty to Superstar. I'm just on a roll right now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bill Russell on Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:46 pm

Good read, hope more is on the way.... Gonna get to you as I get my new kickass video card next week and install the game (Y)
Bill Russell

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:08 pm

Chicago 118, Washington 108

Washington somehow ran up an easy 8-0 lead to start the game, but late in the first I took the lead and held it for the rest of the game. As the final score indicates defense was an afterthought, though there were stretches where both teams played great defense. I gave most of the minutes to the first 8 players in my rotation, only bringing in the rest of my bench in the final 30 seconds.

Garnett was Player of the Game with 28 points, 14 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 blocks. Hinrich scored 25 points (13/14 from the charity stripe) and added 5 assists and 5 steals. Pippen had 18 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 steals. Crawford had 15 points, 6 assists and 5 steals. Curry scored 14 points and grabbed 6 boards. Donyell Marshall had 10 points and 5 rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench.

Jerry Stackhouse was the main man for the Wizards, scoring 44 points. Kwame had a great game with 16 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks. He also made it difficult for KG to get good position inside. Gilbert Arenas had a double-double with 15 points and 14 assists. Rookie Jarvis Hayes added 12 points off the bench.

Chicago 91, Golden State 72

With a win, I would be able to avenge last month's overtime loss to the Warriors in Oakland. Like the previous matchup with the Warriors, the game was fairly slow paced. Neither team reached double figures until 7 minutes had elapsed in the first quarter. Though the Warriors led 8-7 with 5 minutes left, I took a 20-12 lead towards the end of the quarter. KG scored 9 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in the first period.

The Warriors would not come within single digits for the remainder of the game, as KG continued to grab rebounds and punish Golden State when he got the ball down low. Kendall Gill also shined in the second quarter, scoring 10 points in 12 minutes. The Warriors played a better game at the offensive end in the second half, but never really threatened to make a serious comeback. The final result was an easy 91-72 victory.

KG had one his finest performance. He had a triple double with 31 points, 36 rebounds (including 8 offensive) and 10 assists. Scottie Pippen had 10 points and 8 assists, Hinrich added 10 points and 5 assists, while Crawford had 11 points. Eddy Curry had 7 points and 10 rebounds.

Nick Van Exel led the Warriors with 18 points and 5 assists. Jason Richardson, the hero in the earlier matchup, scored 16 points but shot poorly (7/22 FG), while doing little else. Clifford Robinson scored 15 points and grabbed 7 rebounds in the loss, while starting centre Erick Dampier had 8 rebounds but was held scoreless in 36 minutes of court time.

With the victory, I have been able to go through the month of February undefeated, extending my winning streak to 12.

February Award Winners

Tracy McGrady was named Eastern Conference Player of the Month ((N) - KG was awesome during February, and I went 11-0). T-Mac averaged 29.6 ppg, 4.5 apg, 9.4 rpg and 2.0 spg during the month of February, as the Magic went 11-1.
Kobe Bryant was named Western Conference Player of the Month. Kobe averaged 20.9 ppg, 5.0 apg, 9.2 rpg, 1.0 bpg and 2.2 spg as the Lakers went 4-11.
LeBron James was named Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month, averaging 17.6 ppg, 4.1 apg and 7.9 rpg in February. The Cavaliers were 6-7 during the month.
Carmelo Anthony was named Western Conference Rookie of the Month. Carmelo averaged 15.8 ppg, 3.2 apg and 4.3 rpg during February, leading the Nuggets to a 5-7 record for the month.

League Leaders through February

Points Per Game:
1. Tracy McGrady (29.6 ppg)
2. Paul Pierce (28.4 ppg)
3. Tim Duncan (26.5 ppg)
4. Ray Allen (25.6 ppg)
5. Kevin Garnett (24.5 ppg)

Field Goal %:
1. Othella Harrington (0.633)
2. Tyson Chandler (0.611)
3. Eddy Curry (0.604)
4. Wesley Person (0.577)
5. Tim Duncan (0.569)

3 Point %
1. Luke Ridnour (0.568)
2. Wesley Person (0.491)
3. Zarko Cabarkapa (0.469)
4. Marko Jaric (0.462)
5. LaPhonso Ellis (0.460)

Free Throw %

1. Kendall Gill (0.981)
2. Eddie Robinson (0.919)
3. Jamal Crawford (0.916)
4. Jason Terry (0.914)
5. Glenn Robinson (0.913)

Rebounds Per Game:
1. Kevin Garnett (14.8 rpg)
2. Ben Wallace (12.7 rpg)
3. Shaquille O'Neal (12.4 rpg)
4. Tim Duncan (11.8 rpg)
5. Jermaine O'Neal (11.2 rpg)

Blocks Per Game:
1. Ben Wallace (4.0 bpg)
2. Shaquille O'Neal (2.6 bpg)
3. Tim Duncan (2.4 bpg)
4. Alonzo Mourning (2.2 bpg)
5. Kevin Garnett (2.1 bpg)

Steals Per Game:
1. Jason Kidd (2.5 spg)
2. Allen Iverson (2.5 spg)
3. Ron Artest (2.3 spg)
4. Gary Payton (2.2 spg)
5. Kobe Bryant (2.1 spg)

Assists Per Game:
1. Jason Williams (8.1 apg)
2. Jason Kidd (8.0 apg)
3. Gary Payton (7.7 apg)
4. Mark Jackson (7.6 apg)
5. Steve Nash (7.4 apg)

Longest current winning streak: Chicago (12)
Longest current losing streak: Detroit (6)

Playoff Picture

East:
1. Chicago
8. Atlanta

4. Indiana
5. New York

3. New Orleans
6. Philadelphia

2. New Jersey
7. Orlando

Detroit is close behind Atlanta for the 8th spot. The top 3 seeds appear to be set heading into the final 2 months of the regular season, though everything from 4-8 could easily change during March.

West:
1. Dallas
8. LA Clippers

4. Denver
5. Memphis

3. LA Lakers
6. San Antonio

2. Sacramento
7. Golden State

Minnesota is 3 games behind the Clippers for the 8th spot. It doesn't seem likely any of the current playoff bound teams will fall out of the top 8. Dallas, Sacramento and the Los Angeles Lakers should remain in the top three. Some of the lower seeded teams might trade places during March.

March Preview

A chance to even the series the Cavaliers and gain some revenge (March 1 & 16)...9 of the 16 games will be against playoff bound teams. 8 of those 9 games will be against Eastern teams...I will play back to back games 5 times during the month...10 of the 16 games will be against teams that are currently .500 or better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mikelaker on Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:25 am

My newly started Bulls' dynasty makes me feel like going back to the old days after 3peat....

Yeah I always disliked the fact that Krause sold Pippn Kukoc Caffey Kerr and virtually all Bulls' dynasty members 'with hope of getting caps attracting star free agents'... I just hoped they didn't do so that time... so when I can pretend to be the manager of da Bulls I tried to bring some of my buddies back.... I traded Rose, Fizer and Gill for Kukoc! Some may find it stupid doing so yet that's what I enjoyed...to have Toni shooting 3s around at times as 6th man... J Williams is doing very well and ofen I can have him double double/triple double, and I invested a lot the dynasty points training him up.

Next thing I gonna try is to trade for Yao Ming! Hope I can persuade Rockets to do so...

The next plan also is to consider bringing back MJ to one more season :)
Mikelaker

Postby Ruff Ryder on Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:25 am

KG had 36 rebounds!!!! :shock:

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Bill Russell on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:20 pm

Good read, keep doin' it if you can, (Y)
Bill Russell

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:33 pm

Chicago 113, Cleveland 99

I probably shouldn't have won this game, but it's proof that you should never give up. I couldn't get anything going on offense in the first quarter, allowing Cleveland to jump out to a 28-18 lead at the first break. Things just got worse in the second as they extended their lead to 57-41 by halftime.

I was determined not to let Cleveland steal another one from me and end my losing streak, so I went to a full court press in the second half, double-teaming their ballhandlers in the backcourt. This proved to be an effective strategy as I came up with quite a few steals that led to easy buckets. With 10 seconds remaining in the third, Hinrich stole the ball from James and passed it to KG underneath for a dunk that tied the score at 78.

The Cavaliers scored the first six points of the fourth quarter, but I quickly regained control and took the lead for the first time with about 7 minutes left. The Cavs seemed to lose steam once I captured the lead, and I took the opportunity to run up some easy baskets for a double digit advantage that eventually became a 113-99 victory.

KG scored 39 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, as he once again kept us in the game. Crawford had 18 points, 5 assists and 3 steals. Pip added 14 points and 12 assists. Curry had a double double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Marshall scored 11 points off the bench.

Darius Miles had a great game with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and was often on the receiving end of a pass from LeBron James, who finished with 23 points and 11 assists. Ricky Davis scored 21 points and grabbed 6 rebounds, but turned the ball over six times.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jase23 on Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:05 am

Hey Andrew

I just played Cleveland too int hat game. I havent updated my site for ages, been busy, but i'll update it soon.

I blew them out in the first... i scored 47 points to 20 in the first quarter... it was unreal. And yes, this is on superstar (for those wondering!).

I ended up toying with them after that, making sure all my players scored to get dynasty points etc... actually let them within abotu 12 points but still won big. Lebron got in early foul trouble which helped, i attacked him early.
Jase23

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:14 am

Chicago 97, New Orleans 85

A close game through the first half, with the lead changing hands a couple of times in the second quarter. I built a big lead in the third, but the Hornets managed to reduce the deficit to single digits a couple of times in the fourth. The run fell short however, as my starting five finished strong.

KG was Player of the Game with 19 points, 26 rebounds and 9 assists. Pippen top scored for us with 24 points to go along with 6 assists. Hinrich had 16 points and 8 assists. Curry had 8 points and 9 rebounds. Baron Davis led all scorers with 25 points, to go with 5 rebounds.

Mashburn was injured in the first half and struggled after returning after halftime. Jamaal Magloire and PJ Brown were solid up front for New Orleans. Magloire scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, while Brown had 14 points and 10 boards.

My record is now 44-17. My next opponent is Philadelphia (@ Philadelphia).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Los Angeles on Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:23 am

WOW! Andrew, you must be good at this game to win that many games, especially with a team that in real life is not doing a very good of a job winning games (15-38 Record-Eighth Place). Nice work and very interesting post.
Los Angeles

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:34 pm

Trading for KG early in the season certainly helped; it didn't help Minnesota though. :wink: Glad you enjoy reading the updates. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:02 am

What is Minnesotas record now?

'Retired'

Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:25 pm

ruffryder8 wrote:What is Minnesotas record now?

29-34, 5th in the Midwest and 9th in the West. They were well above .500 and a top four team in the West when I made the trade. I don't know how I managed to pull off the deal, but I was struggling so I'm not complaining.

Another recap:

Chicago 115, Philadelphia 91

The Sixers led early in the game and although I took the lead by the first, they only trailed 28-27. However, from the second quarter onwards they went cold, as I built a 61-45 lead by the end of the first half. Philadelphia never threatened a comeback, their only serious run coming in final couple of minutes when it was too late.

Top Performers (Player of the Game in Bold)

Chicago:
Kevin Garnett - 30 points, 16 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 blocks
Kirk Hinrich - 17 points, 7 assists
Jamal Crawford - 16 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals
Scottie Pippen - 15 points, 5 assists
Eddy Curry - 12 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists
Tyson Chandler - 10 points, 4 rebounds

Philadelphia:
Allen Iverson - 30 points, 5 rebounds
Kenny Thomas - 24 points, 10 rebounds
Glenn Robinson - 10 points, 4 rebounds
Eric Snow - 10 points, 13 assists, 2 steals
Derrick Coleman - 7 points, 11 rebounds

My record is now 45-17, first in the league. My winning streak currently stands at 15, the longest active streak and the longest streak of any team so far this season. My next is opponent is...Philadelphia, at home this time.

Player Report

Since there's only 20 games left in the regular season, I thought I'd give my thoughts on each of the players on my roster, and how they have performed through the bulk of the season.

Team MVP - Kevin Garnett

Who else? After a slow start following the trade, KG has been simply awesome. I can't remember the last time he grabbed fewer than 10 rebounds, and he's had several 20-20 games, even finishing the month of February with a 30-30 performance. He's the main reason for the midseason explosion that could lead to a 60 win season.

Greatest Decline - Scottie Pippen

His numbers have suffered the most over the course of the season, but that's mainly due to the acquisition of KG. No longer the first option on offense, Pip still find ways to contribute. When KG played in only 9 minutes in a game back in February, Pip stepped up and filled the void on offense. He's still an important part of the rotation.

Greatest Improvement - Kirk Hinrich

After starting the season on the IR (just as his real life counterpart did), Hinrich has become my starting point guard after getting inconsistent minutes in his first few games. Though he's shooting a poor percentage from the field, Hinrich has managed to increase his scoring throughout the season as his minutes have increased. He's also distributing the ball very well.

The Three Cs

Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler's numbers have decreased slightly since KG's arrival. Curry is grabbing fewer rebounds and doesn't always get a lot of shots, but he's been playing fairly well as of late. Chandler is getting fewer minutes now that he's a sixth man, but is the best player off the bench. Inconsistent court time has taken its toll on his numbers though.

Crawford continues to play well having moved to shooting guard when I inserted Hinrich into the starting lineup. He scores in double figures consistently, is one of the team's best when it comes to steals, and sometimes racks up 7 or 8 assists if given a chance to handle the ball.

Donyell Marshall and Kendall Gill

Marshall and Gill don't always produce great numbers, but I have found they are reliable reserves. Marshall can fill in at either forward spot, playing solid defense and on a good night, providing the team with around 12 points and 8 rebounds. Kendall Gill mainly backs up Crawford at shooting guard, but also spends time at small forward and sometimes even point guard. Some games, he'll be instant offense off the bench.

Eddie Robinson, Corie Blount, Lonny Baxter and Tim Hardaway

With the KG trade forcing me to shuffle my frontcourt rotation, swingman Eddie Robinson doesn't get much court time, even racking up a few DNP-CDs just before the All-Star break. Occasionally I'll give him around 8 minutes of court time, but mostly he's been entering the game in garbage time, playing only a couple of minutes.

The same can be said of Corie Blount and Lonny Baxter. Blount was the backup centre before KG came to the Windy City. With Chandler now backing up Curry in the middle, Blount usually has to settle for garbage time. I'm interested to see what Baxter could do given the time, but there's just too much talent in front of him.

Of these four players, Tim Hardaway has been getting the most minutes recently. Even though he's the only point guard on the bench, I generally move Pippen or Crawford to point guard before bringing Hardaway off the bench. Sometimes fatigue or foul trouble will disrupt my regular substitution pattern though, at which point Tim Bug steps in and does a decent job of manning the point until Pip, Hinrich or Crawford are ready to take over again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:03 pm

Work has prevented me from playing as of late, but I finally managed to get a game in today. (Only 19 games left in the regular season!)

Chicago 104, Philadelphia 87

I was a little rusty at first as I haven't played for a couple of weeks, but I soon had things under control. I built a big lead in the first 18 minutes, but the Sixers managed to close the gap heading into halftime. They actually managed to take a one point lead midway through the third, but after recapturing the lead I cruised to an easy victory. KG was Player of the Game, but Kendall Gill was also spectacular off the bench (see below).

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 25 points, 25 rebounds
Kendall Gill: 29 points, 4 assists in 30 minutes off the bench
Scottie Pippen: 18 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists
Eddy Curry: 11 points, 6 rebounds
Kirk Hinrich: 10 points, 6 assists
Jamal Crawford: 9 assists (but only 5 points)

Eric Snow: 14 assists (but only 7 points)
Glenn Robinson: 24 points, 7 rebounds
Allen Iverson: 19 points, 4 assists
Kenny Thomas: 15 points, 4 assists

Next up is Detroit. I currently lead the season series 2-1.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:47 am

KG's really putting up some good numbers where is he in the MVP race?
Also the other KG had a amazing game 29 point :shock:
i like the numbers for Pippen 18 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists its like the pippen of old.
Good blowout (Y)
Keep up the good work
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:30 pm

KG and T-Mac are battling it out to be the frontrunner for the MVP award. KG was lower on the list until January, when he had a series of 20-20 games.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:43 am

20-20's :shock: Thats MVP in my book, whats he going for on the year?
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:36 pm

24.8 ppg, 15.2 rpg, and 4.7 apg. He's also had a few triple doubles, including a 20-20-10 game. :)

Chicago 104, Detroit 84

With a 104-84 victory, I managed to win the season series with Detroit 3-1. Ben Wallace scored all 10 of his points in the first quarter, but did not score for the rest of the game. Billups was the main threat, as he fired away from downtown (he shot 6/14 from beyond the arc for the game). By the third quarter I had things well under control, holding a double digit lead heading into the final quarter. I held the lead until the end for an easy blowout victory.

Gill was not able to match his 29 point performance in the last game, as he missed a few open jumpers and a couple of dunks. KG had another impressive game, and Pippen also had a fairly good contest (see below). Crawford bounced back from his shooting woes against the Sixers. Hinrich only scored 2 points though, shooting 1/10 for the game.

Top Performers:

Kevin Garnett (POG): 27 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks
Jamal Crawford: 22 points, 5 assists, 3 steals
Scottie Pippen: 20 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists
Eddy Curry: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks
Kendall Gill: 9 points
Tyson Chandler: 8 points, 10 rebounds
Kirk Hinrich: 6 assists, 2 steals

Chauncey Billups: 29 points, 3 assists
Rip Hamilton: 16 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Tayshaun Prince: 12 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists
Ben Wallace: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 5 blocks

The next game is against the Nets (35-28). I'm 0-1 against the Nets this season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ruff Ryder on Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:54 am

Chauncey looks like he had a pretty good game. He always kills me in my other dynasties (haven't played DET yet) usually getting around 30 and close to a triple double.

KG4MVP(in real life too.)

'Retired'

Ruff Ryder

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:31 pm

KG has to be MVP. Perhaps I'm a little biased, but he's had few below average performances since I acquired him back in December, and plenty of spectacular games. I will be resting him the final game of the season (as that will probably the game the CPU decides to give him an injury with a long recovery period), but I don't plan on drastically reducing his minutes in the final few games. I expect he'll continue to have big games until the end of the regular season. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:29 pm

If he's not MVP then theres no justice :x
In my Dynasty the MVP race is messed up, it has players like V.C averaging 16 points and 8 rebounds and he's in there while Marburys in averaging 23 points and 9.2 assists but he's not in there :?
mp3

Postby TheBigEasy on Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:04 am

Andrew wrote:KG has to be MVP. Perhaps I'm a little biased, but he's had few below average performances since I acquired him back in December, and plenty of spectacular games. I will be resting him the final game of the season (as that will probably the game the CPU decides to give him an injury with a long recovery period), but I don't plan on drastically reducing his minutes in the final few games. I expect he'll continue to have big games until the end of the regular season. :)

Can you do us the favour of maybe playin the last Game with KG and look if you are right. You dont have to save it ... I know its like cheating, but I'd like to know if the computer will really injure KG long time.

Regarding the MVP race. I have Baron Davis on number 3. TD and T-Mac are on top, but I hope I can lift him to become MVP. Everytime I simmed the season to the end he at least got the MIP award ... At the moment he is averaging 29.1 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 7.3 apg and 2.3 spg ... But still not on top of the MVP list. But I have another 18 games left, so plenty of time to move him up a bit :).

TBE
TheBigEasy

Postby Ruff Ryder on Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:31 am

Andrew wrote:KG has to be MVP. Perhaps I'm a little biased, but he's had few below average performances since I acquired him back in December,

Would those happen to be the below par 20-10-5 games :D

I hope the Nets beat you, cuz its been to long since you've lost :P

'Retired'

Ruff Ryder

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame