Denver Nuggets - The Next Level [Game 3 + 4]

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Re: Denver Nuggets - The Next Level (NBA Live 10)

Postby jyap18 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Following..
jyap18

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 am

Congrats on the milestone. Good to see Ty Maximilian. :) Hope you can draft a Carlos Carlos someday.
Lamrock

Postby akokulit on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:59 pm

The NBA looks like the MBA - Mexican Basketball :lol:
NBPA CHARITY B-BALL LEAGUE

The most original idea in association stories history ever!
akokulit

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 am

*claps* Good to come back to NLSC and see you're still doing this, congrats on the milestone.
Mavs4Life

Postby Phil89 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:05 pm

badreligionau wrote:Is Carlos the new Smith? Has anyone else noticed a common generated last name in their dynasties/associations?

I've actually got a Jesus Carlos on my game playing for the Pacers. :mrgreen:

I think there has been 3 or 4 O'Callaghan's as well. All different nationalities. :lol:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Update

Hey guys, it's been a little while since I've posted a game update on this. I've been meaning to, but it's been one thing after another.

First off, I lost the exercise book I wrote my recent games in. Not a huge issue, but it included the monthly report and I already played four games into the month of February, so I could go into the game and get it back (well, at least not the standings anyway). After accepting a compromise of not having my next monthly update, I went to get my game. The previous night, they were put away to make the lounge room look a little more presentable. Turns out, I've lost ANOTHER NBA LIVE 10 DISC! This time however, I didn't move houses, so I should be able to find it with any luck.

Right now, I'm in the thick of my second semester of university, with assignments due Thursday, Friday and Monday. After that, I am a free man.

Kind of sucks this had to happen now. I usually like to lift my game during voting time.

Andrew wrote:Congrats on the milestone! Three years and still going strong. (Y)

Nice look back at the season that was, which in real life is the season which is about to be. I'm not sure the real Nuggets will do quite so well or be quite as interesting, though there's certainly a decent amount of intrigue there with their offseason moves.

Thanks Andrew; hopefully I can find my disc again soon and get this thing back underway.

I think the Nuggets this season are a scary matchup for anyone in the playoffs. McGee has a chance to contribute on a good team, which in the playoffs against the Lakers, he proved he can do, with some big games. Love the Iguodala acquisition as well. This may be Homerism, but I think the Nuggets have the most entertaining starting lineup on paper. Their bench is deep as well.

So I guess I have high hopes this season. Come on second round!

Houndy wrote:Hey Kenny, gratz on hitting this amazing milestone!

Thanks Arman :)

jyap18 wrote:Following..

Always nice to have a new follower :)

Lamrock wrote:Congrats on the milestone. Good to see Ty Maximilian. :) Hope you can draft a Carlos Carlos someday.

Thanks Liam; I wish I didn't release Maximilian. It was a decision based on how the Live engine screwed up his overall rating (it was a 59). From there, I think the game essentially wiped him for his low rating. I want to get Carlos Carlos as well.

akokulit wrote:The NBA looks like the MBA - Mexican Basketball :lol:

Get some good juan-on-juan basketball :rimshot:

Mavs4Life wrote:*claps* Good to come back to NLSC and see you're still doing this, congrats on the milestone.

Thanks man. Hopefully I can get it back going soon after uni is over for the year.

Phil89 wrote:
badreligionau wrote:Is Carlos the new Smith? Has anyone else noticed a common generated last name in their dynasties/associations?

I've actually got a Jesus Carlos on my game playing for the Pacers. :mrgreen:

I think there has been 3 or 4 O'Callaghan's as well. All different nationalities. :lol:

I hope he's a better than the Jesus Carlos I had. JC had his moments, but overall he was a scrub.

I notice the name "Quint" is *quite* common. There's a player in my game called Quint Miller. If I ever signed him, I was planning on calling him "Quint C Miller" in my recaps :lol: there's also a Joe Fournier playing for the Blazers. I wonder how the game got Fournier...
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 am

Grats on the milestone and good luck with uni stuff...going through the same thing here :lol: finals coming up n I'm cramming like hell, our campus (UNSW) is getting headlines in the news for all the wrong reasons too (can we apply special consideration for those? LOL)

Hoping to see you updating this again soon (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Unlucky! Hope the disc turns up soon. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Haha it's okay about the disc.... I lazer burned my Live and sold the other :D
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:58 am

Valor wrote:Grats on the milestone and good luck with uni stuff...going through the same thing here :lol: finals coming up n I'm cramming like hell, our campus (UNSW) is getting headlines in the news for all the wrong reasons too (can we apply special consideration for those? LOL)

Hoping to see you updating this again soon (Y)

Thanks Valor, it certainly was a stressful time. One of the things I had to do was a group assignment... enough said :lol: luckily I didn't have any exams though (hooray for Art degrees!)

Found my disc, and I don't have to go back to uni until late February, so this will get updated regularly again :)

Andrew wrote:Unlucky! Hope the disc turns up soon. :)

Thankfully it did. I was playing the "Be a Pro" mode on NHL 12 in the meantime. As much as I love hockey, it just wasn't TNL.

Houndy wrote:Haha it's okay about the disc.... I lazer burned my Live and sold the other :D

I still wonder where the hell the first disc I bought went to. An old housemate of mine took my game out of the PS3 just before we moved houses and it got lost in the process, since that person was pretty liberal about putting CDs/DVDs back in their cases. I sometimes get into that habit, but I try to snap out of it as quick as possible.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 am

5 Game Summary

For the second time this season, Denver dropped another game at home this summary, with a 12 point loss the the Warriors. Apart from that, it was pretty smooth sailing for the Nuggets, as they won 3 of the 4 other games comprehensively.

The feature is the very first game against the Thunder:

Nuggets Win Off Perko Triple-Double

The Nuggets came away with an 83-79 win against the Thunder in Denver. Scoring-wise, Denver were led by Taylor MacKenzie (25) and James Palmer (16), but their win was orchestrated by perenial MVP candidate Borislav Perko. He registered a triple-double with 12 points, 14 rebounds and 15 assists. Mario Carlos also scored 12, while Stan Griffiths had a minor contribution of 10 points.

OKC had two major contributors on the night with Willie O'Neal (26 points, 11 assists) and Brad Russo (25) both having success on the offensive end. But their effectiveness wasn't contagious, as Ian Nolan (10) was the only other double-digit scorer for the Thunder.

---------

OKC@DEN

DEN: 83 (MacKenzie 25, Palmer 16, Carlos 12)
OKC: 79 (O'Neal 26, Russo 25, Nolan 10)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Borislav Perko 12 points 14 rebounds 15 assists 5 blocks

Rebounds

DEN: Perko 14
OKC: David 8

Assists

DEN: Perko 15
OKC: O'Neal 11

---------

Last 5 Games

OKC: 83-79 W
UTA: 98-54 W
GSW: 98-86 L
LAC: 96-68 W
LAL: 107-80 W

Overall: 37-8

---------

The Real Deal
Mario Carlos had a huge game across the board against the Clippers. He was one column off having a 5x5, with 29 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists and 5 steals. He's head and shoulders above the rest of his class.

Burying the Enemy
Julian Chandler continues to impress in his starting gig. Against the Lakers, he had a career game, with 38 points. Him and Mario Carlos are proving to be quite a tandem at the small forward position.

Microwave Offense
Vince MacMahon was a factor off the bench against the Warriors. He co-top-scored with 17 points.

*Stephen A Voice* He's A Point Guard!
It wasn't his biggest night scoring, but Palmer's game against Utah was arguably one of his best of the season. He had 16 points and 11 assists.

---------

Next 5 Games

SAC
@CHI
@BOS
@PHI
@ORL

---------

A couple of facts from the month of January:

-Mario Carlos picked up the West Rookie of the Month, averaging 14.9 points and 1.8 steals per game

-Borislav Perko claimed fifth place in the MVP race, despite only averaging 6.1 points per game. Outside of that, he averages 9.4 rebounds, 7.2 assists, 2.1 blocks and 0.9 steals per game.

---------

As mentioned before, I lost the book with the month of January in it, so for a point of reference, February started with the game against the Lakers.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 am

All-Star Weekend Selections

Only One Denver Player in Main Event

In a surprise result, only Borislav Perko has been named to the Western All-Star side from the Denver Nuggets.

Despite this, the West will be heavy favourites for the game.

EAST

[DET] Dakota Kane
[MIA] Amos Brauer
[BOS] Casey Whelan
[NJN] Nicholas Schneider
[IND] Murray Koch

Bench

[MIL] Lukasz Wozniak
[CHA] Luis Campbell
[CHA] Mordecai Durand
[NYK] Jud Healy
[CHI] Howard Ryan
[WAS] Adrian Carroll
[DET] William Coles

WEST

[LAL] Archie Sheehan
[DEN] Borislav Perko
[MIN] Hobbes MacDonald
[SAN] Njabulo Nyoni
[HOU] Austin Nolan

Bench

[PHX] Justin Wallace
[POR] Fred Gibson
[NOH] Caleb Vick
[DAL] Gerald Williamson
[GSW] Johnny Williams
[LAC] Dickey Freeman
[DAL] Brady O'Leary

Palmer to Defend Crown; Carlos Vs Chandler

James Palmer will be back as a sophomore to attempt a back-to-back MVP in the Rookie Challenge. However, the matchup between Mario Carlos (Rookies) and Julian Chandler (Sophomores) could overshadow Palmer's attempt.

Rookies

[HOU] Aaron Hadson
[PHI] Gabriel Byrne
[DEN] Mario Carlos
[LAC] Guy Tanner
[CHA] Hank Griffiths

Bench

[CLE] Walter Rutherford
[MEM] Daniel O'Reilly
[MIL] Myron Maximilian
[BOS] Brent Tanner

Sophomores

[WAS] Jesse Fitzgerald
[SAN] Lucas Ryan
[DEN] Julian Chandler
[CHA] Augustus Palmer
[DEN] James Palmer

Bench

[ATL] Newton Hicks
[LAC] Casper Legrand
[MIN] Dilbert Ryan
[HOU] Axel Gallagher
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 am

Good to see that Perko still has it. That'd be pretty cool if Palmer can make it back-to-back MVPs in the Rookie Challenge.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm

badreligionau wrote:Thanks Valor, it certainly was a stressful time. One of the things I had to do was a group assignment... enough said :lol: luckily I didn't have any exams though (hooray for Art degrees!)

Found my disc, and I don't have to go back to uni until late February, so this will get updated regularly again :)

Nice (Y) Haha lucky you on the lack of exams, I have a perfect 4 for 4 in terms of exams/courses again :facepalm2:
Looking forward to seeing more updates, and I have to say, looking at the pics, that it's a good thing graphics have improved since '10 :P :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Andrew wrote:Good to see that Perko still has it. That'd be pretty cool if Palmer can make it back-to-back MVPs in the Rookie Challenge.

He always seems to come good towards the middle-to-end of the season. And I think the last one to do that in the dynasty was Patrick Mills.

Valor wrote:
badreligionau wrote:Thanks Valor, it certainly was a stressful time. One of the things I had to do was a group assignment... enough said :lol: luckily I didn't have any exams though (hooray for Art degrees!)

Nice (Y) Haha lucky you on the lack of exams, I have a perfect 4 for 4 in terms of exams/courses again :facepalm2:
Looking forward to seeing more updates, and I have to say, looking at the pics, that it's a good thing graphics have improved since '10 :P :lol:

I had a take home exam, but that doesn't really count. Through my first year of uni, I was lucky enough to go exam free. Hopefully I can have a similar run next year.

I'm kind of used to the graphics now. Whenever I play the NBA 2k13 demo, something just doesn't seem right to me aesthetically... probably because it looks so good :lol:
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks again!

It's a great honour to accept this trophy for a second consecutive year. Thanks to everyone who reads and comments in this thread. You guys are really the difference between this being a 10 page thread and a 67 page thread. I always enjoy everyone's input and hopefully I can continue to get feedback on what I write.

As far as the competition is concerned, I'd like to thank Martti for holding it again, as well as everyone who voted for my dynasty. I'm surprised by the result once again, as I thought Lamrock would take it out. His Bobcats story was really engaging and I hope that his 2k13 story follows the same path. Of course, I can't forget to thank Andrew for running this awesome forum. NLSC has been a great place to converse with people I now consider to be my friends, as well as a constant creative outlet for me.

Next year is already looking to be a competitive field. I know a lot of people are excited about Sit coming back into the fold (including myself). Hopefully I can remain eligible for the award again next year and try for the threepeat. On that note, the title defense begins now. I'll have another update for you guys soon :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Congrats again! Well earned. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:24 am

Congrats on the well-deserved repeat, dude! Brick By Brick would have not existed if not for this. Now raise another banner for the Nuggets!
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 am

Grats on the honor!! Well deserved :chug: hope you continue strong with this! (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am

Well done man! Much deserved. Hoping this continues strong as usual :bowdown2:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Crime Story (1993), Capturing the Friedmans (2003), Snake Eyes (1998) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 am

Congrats once again on the repeat, badreligionau! Also, a belated congrats on your three-year milestone (for some reason I forgot to comment when I read it a few weeks ago). I too hope that you can make a strong case for a threepeat next year. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 am

Andrew wrote:Congrats again! Well earned. :)

Thanks Andrew :)

Lamrock wrote:Congrats on the well-deserved repeat, dude! Brick By Brick would have not existed if not for this. Now raise another banner for the Nuggets!

Thanks Lamrock; I'm glad that I inspired such a great story. I look forward to how your new Blazers one pans out.

Valor wrote:Grats on the honor!! Well deserved :chug: hope you continue strong with this! (Y)

Thanks Valor; I have a pretty long break and I need to save a lot of money, so I'll be updating this pretty frequently I think :)

Thierry • wrote:Well done man! Much deserved. Hoping this continues strong as usual :bowdown2:

Thanks Thierry; are we going to see anything from you with NBA 2k13?

Axel. wrote:Congrats once again on the repeat, badreligionau! Also, a belated congrats on your three-year milestone (for some reason I forgot to comment when I read it a few weeks ago). I too hope that you can make a strong case for a threepeat next year. (Y)

Thanks Axel; I guess my case for next year is dependent on how my application for exchange goes. I'm really hoping to do a fall semester in either America or Canada, so if that happens, I'll be out of the country for a few months. Hopefully I'll remain eligible though.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

5 Game Summary

This was a bit of a statement summary, as four players in the running for positions in the All-Star weekend had big games, to help extend Denver's winning streak to seven. The games were closer than usual, with only one team being beaten by double-digits (Orlando).

The feature game is against Sacramento:

Veteran Carries Struggling Nuggets Offense

Denver were able to come away with an 82-78 win against Sacramento, thanks to an offensive injection from Kevin Durant off the bench. Durant led the Nuggets with 24 points, on a night where the starters were struggling. James Palmer (14) and Julian Chandler (11) were the only two in the starting 5 to score double-digits, while Mario Carlos contributed off the bench with 10.

But while the Nuggets had their struggles, the Kings weren't able to capitalise. Demitri Richter was the performer of the game with 29 points and 11 rebounds. Aside from him, it was a fairly lackluster performance on the offensive end for the Kings, with Tim Banks and Toby Lloyd scoring 10 each.

----------------

SAC@DEN

DEN: 82 (Durant 24, Palmer 14, Chandler 11)
SAC: 78 (Richter 29, Banks 10, Lloyd 10)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Demitri Richter 29 points 11 rebounds 1 assist

Rebounds

DEN: Perko 8
SAC: Richter 11

Assists

DEN: MacMahon, Perko 3
SAC: Banks 7

----------------

Last 5 Games

SAC: 82-78 W
@CHI: 86-80 W
@BOS: 100-95 W
@PHI: 92-84 W
@ORL: 89-77 W

Overall: 42-8

----------------

Perenial All-Star
Against the 76ers, Borislav Perko had 10 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists. Despite a fairly modest season number-wise, Perko will make his 6th All-Star appearance.

The Overlooked
Taylor MacKenzie was a surprise omission from the Western All-Star side. He made a statement with 40 points against Boston.

Future All-Star
James Palmer could have been on the West bench as well. Before the announcement, he scored 27 against Chicago.

Prospect
Against Orlando, John Rice proved he wouldn't look out of place in the Rookie Challenge. He had 22 points and 4 assists versus Orlando. Lack of quality minutes probably cost him a spot.

----------------

Next 5 Games

@GSW
@LAL
@PHX
CLE
IND
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

All-Star Weekend 2026: Rookie Challenge

Rookies Outlast Sophomores: Denver Dominate

The Rookies picked up an 80-71 win against the Sophomores in the Rookie Challenge. It marquee matchup between Mario Carlos and Julian Chandler lived up to the hype. The Denver teammates faced off and led their their teams, with Chandler outscoring Carlos 29-25. However, Mario ended up picking up the MVP trophy, with an impressive stat-line.

For the Rookies, Milwaukee's Myron Maximilian scored 13, while the Guy (11) and Brent (10) Tanner both had solid contributions.

James Palmer had a fair attempt at picking up his second MVP trophy, with 19 points and 12 assists, while Jesse Fitzgerald had 10 points and 12 rebounds.

----------------

Rookies Vs Sophomores

Rookies: 80 (Carlos 25, Maximilian 13, G Tanner 11)
Sophomores: 71 (Chandler 29, Palmer 19, Fitzgerald 10)

Rookie Challenge MVP: [DEN] Mario Carlos 25 points 5 rebounds 2 assists 2 blocks 2 steals

Rebounds

Rookies: Byrne 9
Sophomores: Fitzgerald 12

Assists

Rookies: Maximilian 4
Sophomores: Palmer 12

----------------

Denver's Representatives

Mario Carlos: 25 points 5 rebounds 2 assists 2 blocks 2 steals (MVP)
Julian Chandler: 29 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 2 blocks 1 steal
James Palmer: 19 points 1 rebound 12 assists 2 steals
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:09 am

All-Star Weekend 2026: All-Star Game

West Blowout East: Perko Equals Kobe and Petit

The West continued their dominance over the East, winning a lopsided All-Star Game 106-68. The West had far too much offensive strike-power, as Hobbes MacDonald (24 points, 7 assists) and Archie Sheehan (23 points) led the scoring. Njabulo Nyoni and Gerald Williamson both had solid contributions, with 19 and 14 respectively, while reigning All-Star MVP Caleb Vick contributed 10.

Even though he only scored 6 points, every aspect of the West's play was orchestrated by Borislav Perko. He had 13 rebounds, 21 assists, 3 blocks and a steal, as he equalled Kobe Bryant and Bob Petit's tally of four All-Star MVPs.

For the East, Chicago's Howard Ryan was the best, with 15 points and 5 assists. Casey Whelan added 14, while Amos Brauer (11 points, 6 rebounds) and Nicholas Schneider (10 points) had minor contributions.

----------------

East Vs West

West: 106 (MacDonald 24, Sheehan 23, Nyoni 19)
East: 68 (Ryan 15, Whelan 14, Brauer 11)

All-Star MVP: [DEN] Borislav Perko 6 points 13 rebounds 21 assists 3 blocks 1 steal

Rebounds

West: Perko 13
East: Brauer 6

Assists

West: Perko 21
East: Ryan 5
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame