[Live 08] Change! The Charlotte Bobcats - Closed

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Valor on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:51 pm

-PeeBo entry half vaild :P where's the Larry Brown PG of the game? >< if u get that right its 5 bonus points :D

oh, after that article expect Act 4 to come soon :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby -PeeBo on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:30 pm

oh yes I update it right away :)
Grizzles, Philly for life !!
-PeeBo

Postby C-77 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Points-Ray Allen
Rebounds- Shaq
Assist- D.J Augustin

Larry Brown PG of the game- D.J Augustin
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby Valor on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:48 pm

Bobcats Features
Act Four - The Final Move?

November 24th, 2008 7:00am
Bobcats Office

"Morning Michael" the GM said as he walked into Jordan's office
"Morning...hey wait...Leo?? I thought you were still down at the Medical Facility!!" answered Jordan in surprise
"Well, seeing as the pain eased and the Celtics game coming up tonight, there is no way i am just going to lie down and do nothing."
"alright...hey wait a minute, oh boy you've grown..."
"not really, it was only around about 2 or 3 inches or something, but overnight, well lets just say it was a lot of pain."
"i see...oh yes, we've got somethings to discuss" said Jordan as he reaches towards the phone.."Hello? Larry, its Michael here, sorry to bother you, can you meet me in the conference room 30 minutes later? cheers"

30 minutes later.....Bobcats Conference room

"alright, here's whats going on, the team needs some boosting, we are 6-6, which ISNT bad, but isnt good either, and although it would get us into the playoffs if we continue, i do not think we can get even one postseason win with our current lineup" started Jordan "We are getting our asses kicked by the opponent's SG and our second unit is more like a third unit for other teams"

"well, i guess i could start Jared and get Jason back in SG, he can defend decently" said Larry
"That still doesnt solve our second unit problem, our 6th man, Raymond Felton, is really struggling right now, his numbers are what? 2.8 ppg, 2 apg, 30% FG and 0% 3 points? thats unacceptable" answered GM Leo "Going by the stats, looks like Raymond is on our Trading Block, either Shannon Brown, or Matt Carroll is gonna have to go with him, Brown wont get us much but we lose a terrible player, Carroll...he's doing great offensively but not much on d, would get us a great starter if traded alongside Felton though."

"woah woah, hold it, let me see what's happening around the league first." Jordan said

"Nothing big, Suns and Cavs made a deal, seems like Tucker for Jones?"
"ah wait, i almost forgot about it, Bucks offered us a deal, but i refused it"

"what deal?" asked Jordan

"This deal"

"What the...they wanted Emeka for RJ?" chuckled Jordan
"Apparently so, but lets put those aside, and turn our attention to this, i heard about this a while back and decided to get our Assistant Head Coach to check it out"
"seemed like the Grizzlies are not that happy with some aspects of his play and wants him out, i dont see why though, he seems solid. I got the report back and seems like we are in luck"

"What do you guys think? hes a great defender, which is an aspect that we LACK, he provides us with a solid offensive game, perfect fit into our team"

"Well, yes, he is an option for us, but how are we going to get him?" asked Jordan

"I have been wondering about the same thing, and i got some ideas"

1. Raymond Felton+Matt Carroll for Mayo
2. Raymond Felton+Shannon Brown+Ryan Hollins for Mayo+Arthur
3. Raymond Felton+Sean May+Matt Carroll for Mayo+Milicic

"Out of these, i like the first one the most, we lose a load of salary by getting rid of Carroll, Mayo's defense alone would be enough to put him on our starting lineup" the young GM ended

"I'm not liking Felton too much, he has given me, and the team too much trouble, takes bad shots and doesnt pass when he's suppose to, so i agree with trading him away, but are you sure? putting your bet on this rookie?" asked Larry Brown "as for the ideas, i would go for the third one, May's condition has been a problem, i cant play him heavy minutes off the bench due to that, Milicic has experience and would relief O'Neal and Okafor some heavy minutes."

"Well, thats 1 going for option one and 1 going for option 3, whats your take on this Michael?"

"Well, i'll go with..."

Phone rings

"Hello? Jordan here.."
"Mr Jordan? sorry to tell you this, but your player Raymond Felton has been arrested after being found drunk driving and possession of illegal drugs in his car"
"damn...alright thanks"

"what happened mike?" asked Larry Brown
"apparently Felton was drunk driving and the police found illegal drugs in his car; I've decided, we are trading him, try for options 1 and 3, see which one they bite on." answered Jordan "Larry, i want you to bench Felton for tonight's game"

"You got it"

"Wait, Michael, we still havent solved our problems with the reserve unit..." GM Leo said

"true, right now we have Yuta, Dudley as our best reserves off the bench, you cant count on Yuta with his scoring, he cant shoot, Dudley is not a polished shooter...and our bench defense is still crap" said Jordan

"I've got a strange idea suddenly...." added in Larry Brown
"Lets hear it"
"Well, it may sound weird, but recent events could be our advantage"
"what are you talking about Larry?"

"I'm talking about" Larry Brown indicates to the young GM "Leo, he is now a 6 foot 4 guy, he practices daily with our team before and still does now, he has grown and so has his skills, he was by himself most of the time that game where the starters played against the reserves but his scoring abilities are great, he's a decent defender, especially outside man on man and helping on weak side defenses, he can make an impact"

"woah woah, Larry, i am no where near the standard of NBA Players..."
"I have been coaching for a long time and i dont think thats true"
"How about the age restriction? i am 17 Larry"
"I believe we have a way around that, that rule listed in the CBA states that it is for DRAFTEES no? you are not declaring yourself for the draft, you are being signed as a Free Agent, its the same process as Michael went through when he had the urge and came back into the league for his ex-team, the Wizards"
"Well i don't know, my BMI is not looking good right now and i need to improve before i even have a chance of playing effectively for the team"
"I'll give you a while and see what happens, but this is a valid option is it not? and wont you like to play in the NBA?" said Larry
"it is my dream to play in the NBA Larry, i just dont know if i am up to that standard"

"alright guys, stop it for now, do the tasks on hand and get us through this first, if there is a need later on still, Leo, i expect you to play in my steed and help the team" said Michael

"alright"
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Cool Cat on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:51 am

Nice!!..Nice Stories
Where MEXICUTIONING Happens....

4 TITLES. 1 MAN .
Cool Cat

Postby OrlMagic on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:32 am

Nice Story (Y) ,
Go Leo! :D
http://sanantoniospursdynas.sosblog.com/SASDB-b1.htm
Dynasty in Estonian, not in English , my English is not so good to make a dynasty in English :(
OrlMagic

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 am

Cool Cat thanks :D

OrlMagic XD thanks thanks, no entry for the contest? Celtics Recap is coming soon.... :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Nice story,is my vote valid?,and I hope you choose option 3

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:03 am

C-77 yes, entry valid. haha thx, i am going a different direction though, check the article soon
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:04 am

Bobcats rally late, but unable to steal the game from Defending Champs

The Charlotte Bobctas avoided a massive blowout with a late forth quarter run, but they were unable to come away with the victory over the Defending Champions Boston Celtics.

The Celtics came prepared as they opened the game with tight defense and superb offense, jumping into a 14-0 lead withing 2 minutes of the opening tip, and have acquired a 15 point lead at the end of the first quarter, with Bill Walker knocking down a 3 pointer at the buzzer to end the first. The Second Quarter featured similar situations for the Bobcats, but Larry Brown's team was able to make some stops and closed the lead to 12 to end the first half.

The Bobcats never led in this game, but they did rally back from as many as 27 points in the second half and closed the lead to as close as 4 points in the forth, but a big block from Kendirck Perkins and a deep, shot clock beating 3 from Ray Allen destroyed all hopes of a comeback victory for the Bobcats.

The Celtics out-rebounded the Bobcats 43 to 36 with the help of bench player Leon Powe, who had another amazing game, getting 4 points and a game leading 13 rebounds in just 15 minutes of play, his dominance in this short period of time reminded the fans of game 2 of the 07-08 NBA Finals, where he dropped in 21 points in 15 minutes over the LA Lakers.

After the Game Head Coach Larry Brown commented on the team's performance as such
"Very Disappointing, there was just no effort on the defensive end and no teamwork on the offensive end, give the Celtics Credit, their defense really shut us down, but if we had worked some of our plays and played with more effort, we could have won this, they were without their captain and leading scorer, we are younger and in better shape, we should have done better then almost getting blown out."

Doc Rivers, however, was very pleased with his team "hopefully this puts us back on track, we have Paul (Pierce) coming back from his injury soon, Garnett and Allen are back in shape, Leon is playing well, the guys look good right now, hopefully we can bounce back" said Rivers after the game, the Celtics now has a record of 4-8.

Image Image
Image Image
Lack of Defense for the Bobcats, Celtics Take advantage, including a buzzer beating 3 from Bill Walker at the end of the first quarter(Lower Right)

Image Image
Shaquille O'Neal Would NOT BE DENIED!!

Image Image
Left: Larry Brown "PLAY SOME DAMN DEFENSE" Right - Tabuse responses by drawing a charge late in the fourth quarter and sent Rondo out of the game with 6 fouls

Image Image
Perkins' Block and Allen's deep 3 was enough to prevent the Bobcats from stealing the game

Contest Results!
Most Points: Kevin Garnett
Most Assists: Yuta Tabuse
Most Rebounds: Leon Powe
Larry Brown PG of the Game: Eddie House with a score of 40.72

Check first page for scores
Last edited by Valor on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:42 am

Click on Image to Enlarge
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Game Preview:Charlotte Bobcats @ Toronto Raptors
Image Image

Date+Time: Friday 30th November 2008, 8:00pm
Teams: Charlotte Bobcats (7-7) vs Toronto Raptors (5-10)

Lineups
Charlotte Bobcats
Starting Five
C. Shaquille O'Neal
PF. Emeka Okafor
SF. Jason Richardson
SG. O.J. Mayo
PG. Yuta Tabuse

Bench
Darrell Arthur
DJ Augustin
Matt Carroll
Jared Dudley
Alexis Ajinca
Jermareo Davidson
Ryan Hollins

Head Coach: Larry Brown
Injury Report: N/A

Toronto Raptors
Starting Five
C. Jermaine O'Neal
PF. Chris Bosh
SF. Jason Kapono
SG. Anthony Parker
PG. Jose Calderon

Bench
Andrea Bargnani
Willie Solomon
Roko Ukic
Joey Graham
Kris Humphries
Nathan Jawai
Hassan Adams

Head Coach: Sam Mitchell
Injuries: Jamario Moon - Hyperextended Knee (Unplayable)

Key Factors
- Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Bosh vs Shaquille O'Neal, Emeka Okafor
Image Image
Image Image
Its the Twin Towers against the Twin Towers, O'Neal versus O'Neal, Bosh versus Okafor, which pair is the better combo? we'll find out on friday night.

-Battle of the Point Guards, Tabuse vs Calderon
Image Image
Tabuse has been the better of the three point guards (now two) for Charlotte, and his efforts has landed him into the starting lineup against the raptors, he would be making history as the first japanese player to not only play an nba game (achieved with the Phoenix Suns) but to be a starter. Can he man the point and find Mayo, Richardson for the good looks? or would Calderon rain his threes (leads Raptors with 34.7%) on the Japanese Star?

-Rookie Power, Mayo+Arthur's Effectiveness for the Bobcats
Image Image
How Effective would OJ Mayo be in the starting lineup playing under Larry Brown? Can he play that role as the second scoring option while leading the way on the defensive end? How effective will Darrell Arthur be as the 6th man for the Bobcats? Can he be the man the Bobcats look to rely on and relief O'Neal and Okafor Heavy Minutes?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby -PeeBo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:46 pm

Rebounds - Shaquille O'Neal
Points - Chris Bosh
Assists - Jose Calderon
PG of the game - Jose Calderon
-PeeBo

Postby -PeeBo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:47 pm

A bit hard trade :roll: you ripped them :)

Points - Chris Bosh
Assists - Jose Calderon
-PeeBo

Postby -PeeBo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:48 pm

A bit hard trade :roll: you ripped Memphis :)

Points - Chris Bosh
Assists - Jose Calderon
-PeeBo

Postby OrlMagic on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:08 am

Rebounds - J.O'neal
Points - J.Richardson
Assists - Jose Calderon
PG of the game - J.Calderon
Last edited by OrlMagic on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty in Estonian, not in English , my English is not so good to make a dynasty in English :(
OrlMagic

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 am

-PeeBo, 3 entries? :D well, they did want Mayo out, and wanted a PG in return, Felton is overall 77 while Mayo is overall 78, Darrell Arthur is 70 and Sean May is 71 i think, then there is a bonus 3 point shooter in S.Brown, so meh.

OrlMagic, entry valid except....chris bosh is not a point guard...
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby -PeeBo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:25 am

:D
sorry about so many entries
I was like editing it but nor like from edit button but click stop it somehow did it like it was :roll:
-PeeBo

Postby OrlMagic on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 am

oops , i thought player of the game.
OrlMagic

Postby C-77 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Points- Richardson
Rebounds-J.O'neal
Assist- Jose Calderon
PG of the game-Jose Calderon

Oh yeah,You forgot the Match up Moon vs Richardson,their both good at dunks so It's a slam dunk contest and Caroll vs Kapono or Parker which makes it a 3 point shootout

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:29 pm

All entries valid

C-77: Moon is injured, see Injury details in the preview, Carroll is a lesser used role player now so not a real matchup
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby C-77 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Oh sorry

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:12 pm

lol its alright, dw about it
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby C-77 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:13 pm

Ok,when is the game gonna be recapped,I hope its today

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:27 pm

i'll do it asap, but i am not sure when i would have time to play the game, most likely friday my time, 2 days later
Valor
Fire GarPax

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame