[Clippers 09, 38-17] LA rebounds Vs. Roy....

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

[Clippers 09, 38-17] LA rebounds Vs. Roy....

Postby Chaser7 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Hey, whatup everybody? I'm here to announce my brand new dynasty with a completely different team: the Los Angeles Clippers. I know this may come as shock to many, seeing as I such a diehard Warrior fan, but I think this is going to be a lot of fun. I've learned a lot about dynasty making over my past few attempts, and I believe this one will easily be my best. I will play this one on my XBOX 360, so for anyone who didn't follow my Warrior one because of the Sim Engine Statistics, don't worry. The 360 has much more realistic stats than on PS2. Also props to Sit and Clutch, as my 2 main inspirations! I will guiding the LA Clippers through free agency, trades and the draft to completely revamp who they are. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

DYNASTY SETTINGS

Sim Quarter Length: 12 minutes
Playoff Length: 7-7-7-7
Sim Injuries: Yes
Sim Intervention: Yes
Rosters: Custom, latest as of December 25th, 2007.
System: Xbox 360 w/ Pics

IN-GAME SETTINGS

Skill Level: All-Star/Superstar
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Sliders: Chaser's NBA LIVE XBOX 360 08 Sliders v1.0
Fatigue: High

PRESENTATION SETTINGS

Complete Simulation of 2007-2008 season
Game by Game recaps starting in '08-'09
At random times there will be a "Sit"-like story aspect focusing on the new President of Basketball Operations Jim Fayer (my character)

STARTERS
    ImageImageImageImageImage
ROTATION
    ImageImageImageImageImage
DEEP BENCH/INACTIVE
    ImageImageImageImage

PRESEASON: EUROPE LIVE TOUR 2008
REGULAR SEASON: 2008-2009
Last edited by Chaser7 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 124 times in total.
Chaser7

Postby Chaser7 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:13 pm

LA TIMES NEWS UPDATE
    Los Angeles, CA (AP Press) -- Elgin Baylor is out. Jim Fayer is in.

On September 1st, just 3 months after the Los Angeles Clippers were eliminated from the 2006-2007 playoffs, team owner, Donald Sterling, announced that Fayer will be hired as the Clippers' new General Manager, and will now have the final say in all basketball decision. Baylor will remain as the President of Basketball Operations, but he will no longer be in charge. The former Executive of the Year will now be 2nd in command. Fayer will now have the final say in most team matters, and will look to have the Clippers achieve the same success as they did in the 2005-2006 season.

Baylor isn't the primary decision maker anymore

"There is just no way we should have missed the playoffs this year, and we thought we needed some changes. Elgin didn't do that for us, and now we're in a tough position." said Sterling.

Fayer will face a difficult task, seeing how their point guard of the future, Shaun Livingston is already set to miss the entire 2007-2008 campaign and star player Elton Brand is also set to miss a significant chunk. Fayer said the team plans to keep Livingston in their future, and hope that he develops into the prospect they all think he can be.

"Shaun is still only 22 and he hasn't even scratched the surface. Obviously he's had to deal with several injuries this year, but with an entire year to rehabilitate we expect him to be in the best shape of his career come next season. We'll have our trainers work on making him more durable and this time he won't rush back," said Fayer.

Without Brand or Livingston, the team will have to rely on Sam Cassell and Chris Kaman more than ever. The team is looking to contend for a playoff spot, but realistically it's probably time for another trip to the lottery. Fayer will probably look to shakeup the team, and will try to rely on a high draft pick in the upcoming draft to build for future team success.

Last edited by Chaser7 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Chaser7

Postby Chaser7 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:18 pm

This narrative part is partly inspired by the great Sit, but it won't be exactly like his. It won't have any alternative plot lines like a murder, it will mainly just focus on the GM involvement with the team. Also it won't be as good as Sits, but nevertheless enjoy!

September, 2007:

A huge LA Clippers Banner hung behind the table. Jim sat nervously in his seat, waiting to be introduced by his new boss. Finally he heard Donald Sterling announce that: "We're here today to announce the newest General Manager of the Los Angeles Clippers, Mr. Jim Fayer."

An applause began as Jim got up from his seat and shook Donald's Sterling hands. The snapping of pictures and the forced smile on his face made him feel uncomfortable. Bright lights kept flashing on him, and a buzz filled the room. "Jim! Jim!" he heard as multiple news reporter called for his name. "Jim! Jim!......"

One day later, Jim settled down into his office, the sun shined in the background of his floor to ceiling window. He lounged back into his reclining chair, relaxing for the first time in a few days. He hadn't slept since he had gotten the job, he kept receiving calls 24/7.

"Uh.. Mr. Fayer, Mr. Sterling wants to see you," said his secretary Jane Scott.
"Thanks, Jane, I'll be right there," Jim sighed.

As he strode down the hallway, he wondered what he was going to do with the team. Obviously the Clippers were in a tough position and it his call as to what to do with it. Last year was so strange, they had somehow digressed from their '06 success. Now the 2007-2008 campaign looked even worse with their point guard of the future, Shaun Livingston out for the season, and current All-Star Elton Brand out until at least March. "What are we going to do?" he though. He finally reached the brass wooden door of Sterling's office and knocked. "Come in," he heard as he opened the door. Jim saw Sterling reclining in his comfortable chair, and Elgin Baylor standing in front of his desk with a slightly annoyed expression his face.

"So Jim... I think we start talking strategy right now" said Sterling from behind his desk.
"Allright," Fayer replied.
"You got any ideas, this year looks bleak..." Baylor interjected.
"I think we need to acquire Paul Millsap," Jim began. "With Elton out, we could use a guy to mop up the boards, and Tim Thomas isn't going to do that for us. Tim will still be the starter, but Chris is definitely going to need help with rebounding."
"Hmm.. I like it, plus he's on a rookie contract so he'll be cheap! Who can we get him for?" Sterling agreed.
"I think we can try and use Quentin Ross plus a future 2nd rounder. They need help with the 2, and the 2nd round pick will be good for them," Fayer continued.
"What if they don't bite for that? Ross isn't exactly a standout player, Millsap has a great future, they know that," Baylor countered.
"We can talk to Coach Dunleavy, tell him to help pad Ross' stats. Millsap is someone we need trust me," Fayer responded.
"I like the way you think, get Utah on the phone later this week," Sterling said with a slight nod towards Jim.

It had been a week since he began negotiating with Utah's Kevin O'Conner. O'Conner was tough. He wasn't going to give up Millsap for nothing. He refused to deal him for just Quentin Ross. Jim didn't want to initially offer their 2nd round just yet. He tried trading Ross, centers Aaron Williams and Paul Davis (all 3 who had expiring contracts) for Millsap and Jarron Collins. He figured the Jazz would accept this trade, after all they would be doing them a favor by giving them some future cap room. Still the Jazz hadn't budged yet, so Jim was forced to think of something new, he left a message with the O'Connor about a day ago asking for at least a counter-offer.

A fax came though, the Dallas Mavericks were offering point Jose Juán Barea for a future 2nd round draft pick. Jim crumpled up the offer and threw it over his desk. What would Barea do for his team, how would he help? Jim knew that the upcoming year would be tough, so he was banking on getting a high draft pick.

Finally his cellphone rang. It was the Jazz.

"Ok we realize that we need to free up money so we can give Deron a big extension. We'll give you Millsap + Jarron Collins + Kyrylo Fesenko for Aaron Williams + Quinton Ross + Paul Davis + 2nd round pick." O'Conner demanded.
"Let me discuss it with the board," Fayer replied as he hung up.

"Jane tell Donald, Elgin, and the rest of the board to meet in the conference room STAT," Jim called through his office phone.
"Ok, one sec Mr. Fayer," Jane replied.

5 minutes later, Jim was sitting at the head of the table presenting the latest trade offer to the entire front office.
"Ok guys, this may seem like a minor deal, but Millsap will really help us. To do this we're going to have to take on Jarron Collin's salary for $2,350,000 for 2 years, and Kyrylo Fesenko's salary of $750,000 for 2 years as well. All other players, including the 3 we send to Utah all have expiring contracts. We're going to also have to give up our 2nd round draft pic-" Jim began.
"Woah Woah Woah, back up. We have to take on more salary, I thought the whole point was to cut payoll," board member, Ben Weaver interjected.
"O C'mon, we're adding on like an extra $3,000,000 to get a much needed inside post presence off the bench," Jim replied with a sense of annoyance.
"I say we do it, I like the deal, I agree with Jim, unless someone can really give a strong reason to vote no, I say get the deal done in paper," Sterling announced.
"Ok then, anyone? "No? Ok good, it'll be done by this afternoon." Jim said as he walked out the room.
Elgin Baylor sat quietly with an obvious look of digust...
Last edited by Chaser7 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chaser7

Postby BP8 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:33 pm

this one is going to be great. i am sure. warriors dynasty was great and i am sur this one will be even better.
i really like that you're makeing a story.
Good luck. :wink:
Last edited by BP8 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BP8

Postby Andy92_man on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:35 am

You've got some great writing skills. This is going to be a great one. I will try to follow this one, as well as your Warriors. Good luck
Andy92_man

Postby homicide1550 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:18 pm

Wow! I think this is going to be a great dynasty. You really know how to write dude! Keep it up! (Y)
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:41 am

Not bad actually. I see some similarities to Sit's, although this one is more realistic. (Unless it turns out you are a Safeway employee, and you end up punching Baylor in the face after the board overrules the Millsap trade)

Best of luck with this, although I really hope that you finish the Warriors one, and not half-ass it like -km- did towards the end. I like the Ross/Millsap trade. Its pretty fair. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Jing on Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:41 am

Congrats on making the jump from current-gen to next-gen.
Jing

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:32 pm

Kobe the Best wrote:this one is going to be great. i am sure. warriors dynasty was great and i am sur this one will be even better.
i really like that you're makeing a story.
Good luk. :wink:

Wow thanks a lot man!

Andy92_man wrote:You've got some great writing skills. This is going to be a great one. I will try to follow this one, as well as your Warriors. Good luck

I really hope you do get to keep following this too!

homicide1550 wrote:Wow! I think this is going to be a great dynasty. You really know how to write dude! Keep it up! (Y)

Haha thank man.

Lamrock93 wrote:Not bad actually. I see some similarities to Sit's, although this one is more realistic. (Unless it turns out you are a Safeway employee, and you end up punching Baylor in the face after the board overrules the Millsap trade)

Best of luck with this, although I really hope that you finish the Warriors one, and not half-ass it like -km- did towards the end. I like the Ross/Millsap trade. Its pretty fair. (Y)

Nah, I'm going to recap the 2007-2008 season, and do the offseason tonight, but I'll finish off my Warriors one first. And no I'm not going to punch Baylor nor was Fayer a former Safeway employee. Hahah though.

Jing wrote:Congrats on making the jump from current-gen to next-gen.

Yup, parents have finally allowed me to use my 360 again.. But lol, in your only other post in my warriors dynasty you tlaked about the same thing though, haha.

To all: I'm going to make a huge post tonight or tomorrow, whenever it gets done! Hope you all keep looking out for this one!

Oh and if anyone was wondering why I am simming the 2007-2008 season. I wanted to be able to use Elton Brand and Shaun Livingston, but I wanted to make it realistic in the sense that I am taking both of their injuries into account. I put them both on the injury list for almost the entire season. The CPU accidentally re-activated them so they end up playing a few games towards the end of the season.
Chaser7

Postby Chaser7 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:47 pm

ROSTER MOVES
    September 17th, 2007 - GM Jim Fayer announces two separate transactions that acquire three new role players.

Los Angeles, CA (AP Press) -- It's official: Paul Millsap, Jarron Collins and Dajuan Wagner are all now Clippers.

In a move announced on Thursday, the new GM of the Los Angeles Clippers, Jim Fayer has completed two roster moves that will affect the bench play for the upcoming season. After two weeks of negotiating, the Clippers have acquired power forward Paul Millsap and center Jarron Collins in exchange for shooting guard Quintin Ross, centers Aaron Williams and Paul Davis, and the team's 2009 2nd round draft pick.

Image Image
    Paul Millsap l Jarron Collins l

"This trade, while it might seem minor at first, will actually benefit us a great deal," Fayer began. "Paul is an exceptional young talent, and we see coming off the bench for us much the same way he did in Utah. With Elton out, we're gonig to desperately need his toughness. Collins will be our primary backup for Chris [Kaman] and will provide a solid veteran presence for a team filled with so many young players."

An inside source for the team says that Utah's Kyrylo Fesenko was originally suppose to be included in the deal and that the Clippers wouldn't give up any draft picks. However, the source goes on to say that that deal was what Fayer wanted to do as the entire trade was his idea. Elgin Baylor, the team's former #1 decision maker, managed to convince owner Donald Sterling to go ahead with his modifications. Fayer allegedly did not initially want to give up the 2nd round pick, but Baylor argued that he didn't want the team to take on Fesenko's salary.

When Fayer was asked about this supposed conflicts within the front office, he declined to comment.

Later in the day, after all the paperwork was sent off to the league's offices for final approval, Fayer made another small move, signing former 6th overall draft pick, Dajuan Wagner to a 1 year minimum deal. Wagner is due just $720,000 for the upcoming year and will replace Ross' role as the backup to Cuttino Mobley.

Dajuan Wagner

"Dajaun still is a good talent and he is only 24. People forget that he was drafted #6 overall and averaged 13 points per game in his rookie season. He was even dubbed as the next 'Allen Iverson'. Obviously, we don't expectations like that for this year, but we do hope he can provide a spark off the bench," Fayer concluded.

STAFF HIRING
    October 1st, 2007 - Clippers hire a completely new staff chosen by GM Jim Fayer. The staff includes: 1 Assistant Head Coach, 2 Assistants, 1 Scout and 1 Trainer.

Scout: Garry Foxx (50 years old, 612k for 1 year, Off: A, Def: B-, Ath: A-, Ovl: A-)
      Asst. Head Coach: Jonas Brett (42 years old, 367k, 3 years, Rumors: C-, Dev: F, Lead: D-, Overall: D-)
      Asst. #1: Keenan Braun (53 years old, 683k for 1 year, Off: A, Def : F, Ath: A-, Ovrall: B-)
      Asst. #2: Matthew Griffiths (43 years old, 1.03 million for 2 years, Off: A- , Def: A+, Ath: B, Overall: A-)
      Trainer: Neil Currie (45 years old, 565k for 1 year, Overall: A-)

SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
    February 2nd, 2008 - ImageImage Seattle Supersonics trade Delonte West and Kurt Thomas to the Sacramento Kings for Brad Miller.

February 3rd, 2008 - Milwaukee Bucks make offer to reacquire point guard Sam Cassell. Offer was declined by Fayer.

February 6th, 2008 - ImageImage Washington Wizards send disgruntled swingman Deshawn Stevenson to New Orleans for rookie Julian Wright and Janero Pargo.

February 7th, 2008 - ImageImage Chicago trades Tyrus Thomas to Washington Wizards for Janero Pargo and Andre Blantche.

"I'm happy to finally get away from Skiles," Thomas tells the Washington post."I can now finally play my game without a Coach all over my [expletive]."

CLIPPER INVITEES

WEEKEND IN PICTURES
    Image Image

ONE MORE TRADE
    February 20th, 2008 - In an effort to shakeup a miserable season the Milwaukee Bucks send Charlie Villaneuva to the Philadelphia 76ers for Andre Igualdola.

ImageImage

A LACKLUSTER END
    April 17th, 2008 - Los Angeles Clippers finish with the 3rd worst record in the league at 32-50. Last year's teams with the top two picks, in strong position to get them again.

PLAYOFFS 2008

The playoffs were filled with excitement and amazing story lines. For instance, how about Atlanta not only snapping its playoff drought of 8 years, but also earning the 2nd seed and advancing to the 2nd round. Or what about Toronto avenging their 2007 playoff defeat on New Jersey. Better yet, Dallas swept Golden State in the 2nd round, silencing the fans at 'Roaracle Arena' on its way all the way back to the finals.

THE FINALS

Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks finally get back to the NBA finals, hoping to finally capture their 1st NBA title and get rid of their playoff demons. Unfortunately for them, once again they lost in 6 tough games. The Detroit Pistons, led by Finals MVP (for the 2nd time in his career), Chauncy Billups, capture their 4th NBA title, four years after their last one. Nowitzki cries as the final seconds tick down in game 6 in front of the entire Dallas crowd.

Finals MVP: Chauncy Billups
    Team List

Whew- that took a while. Anyways, Offseason recap with blogs, articles and more, coming up!
Also credit to Clutch for coming up with this way of recaping a season!
Last edited by Chaser7 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chaser7

Postby Pistol on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:33 am

Great Recap, loved it! I'm really starting to become a fan of your dynasties! I can't wait to see how Thorton progresses as a player. Good luck in the off-season!
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:22 am

Great recap! The 360 screens look even better! Although you should still focus on your Warriors...

Also, you got the years wrong again. On most of the transactions, you listed 2007, instead of 08. On another note, winning just 32 is a good thing, as you can net a good pick. Sucks that the Pistons beat Dirk and the Mavs. They seem to almost always win the first title in the first season, even though they were a lackluster 44-38 in the season. Also, realistic trades, though Milwaukee raped Philly.

Good luck!
Lamrock

Postby Chaser7 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:06 am

triger42 thanks man! Glad to see you enjoy my dynasties! Keep following!

Lamrock Don't worry, as I said earlier, I will finish off my Warriors strong. I just wanted to get this out of the way. I need to recap the offseason coverage first, and hopefully by the end of tonight too.
Chaser7

Postby Pistol on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:21 pm

hey the titles on your intorduction post ...like the stuff that says dyansty configand front office changes...did you make those yourself?
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby Chaser7 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:43 am

Yup Bro, I made them myself.. sorry fi you were going to ask that I make some for you, I really can't right now. Between 2 dynasties (well right now), real life basketball commitments, college apps, and friends im pretty swamped..
Chaser7

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:20 am

Man, nice dynasty! Really liked the season recap. Keep it up (Y)
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andy92_man on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:45 pm

WOW, that was a monster recap, but it was good though. Good luck (Y)
Andy92_man

Postby SpaceFlare on Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:06 pm

Nice recap. I loved the presentation of things. Very neat and organized. Oh and that Iggy trade to Milwaukee was a bad decision by the CPU. EA really needs to fix those trades work. Iggy for Charlie V made me go o_O

Good luck with this!
SpaceFlare

Postby Chaser7 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:07 am

DRAFT LOTTERY
    May 15th, 2008 - In a wild lottery day scene, the LA Clippers managed to avoid the bad fortunes of their Northwestern Rivals to keep their slotted #3 pick. Despite having just having 88 out of the possible 1000 combinations, the Milwaukee Bucks managed to win the #1 draft pick in what is considered to be a "very strong" draft by scout Garry Foxx. New Orleans earned the 2nd overall pick despite the unfavorable odds as well. Portland and Seattle both dropped 2 spots below their projected odds. "Oh well, I guess we can't be lucky 2 years in a row," says Portland GM, Kevin Pritchard, referring to winning the lottery in 2007.

RESIGNING PERIOD
    June 17th, 2008 - Clippers GM Jim Fayer inks Shaun Livingston, Rueben Patterson, and Brevin Knight to new deals.

Although Livingston had sat out 99% of the 2007-2008 season, Fayer decided to give the rising star a 5 year, $29 million contract. "Shaun is still one of the key pieces for this team. This year we're starting fresh, and Shaun will lead our new up-pace tempo offense. This contract shows our commitment towards him for the future," Fayer said at the press conference.

RETIREMENTS
    June 23rd, 2008 - Clippers point guard, Sam Cassell holds a press conference announcing his retirement. Cassell leaves the NBA after 16 years, and 2 championship titles. "It's disappointing that the only years I won a ring were in my first two, but hey, I had a great career. Some guys don't even get one, so I guess I can't complain.

June 24th, 2008 - In a joint press conference, San Antonio Spur veterans Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry, and Michael Finley also announce that they are hanging up the laces for good.

June 24th, 2008 - Marcus Camby, through a press release also calls it quits. He retires the same day as other defense power, Bruce Bowen.

Draft Coverage, Free Agency, Trades and more coming soon!
Chaser7

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:22 am

While I miss your Warriors dynasty, this is looking great still. Camby retiring bums me out though. Congrats on the third pick. Draft someone decent!
Lamrock

Postby Jing on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Whoa, Iguodala is going to the Bucks for Villanueva, that's a steal on the Buck's side.... Maybe they should try that again in real life or something, cause the situation up in cheese country is not working out.

Draft a crazy rookie with a odd name and strange hair with your 3rd pick.
Jing

Postby Chaser7 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Lamrock as said constantly, I'm not done with my Warriors one, I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but I will probably update it tomorrow.

Jing Yea Iggy trade was weird, and I'll try to draft someone raw...
Chaser7

Postby Chaser7 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Draft Central:

It had been a long day. Clippers GM, Jim Fayer had attended at least a dozen different workouts in the last week, getting some last glances of the prospects before the big day. As far as he could tell, scout, Garry Foxx's, assessment was completely dead on. This was a SCARY draft. Every player that had worked out for the Clippers looked amazing. Fayer's favorite 3 prospects were all big men, Rik MacKenna, a super athletic freak of nature, power forward from Ohio State, Erik O'Keefe, a classic, back-to-the basket center from Alabama-Birmingham, and Dylan Lloyd, an Athletic, premieter-oriented power forward from St. Johns.

"Mr. Fayer- Donald wants to see you now," Jane said through the office phone.
"I'll be there in a minute," Jim replied as he gathered his notes and got up.

Jim walked down the long, grand hallway, it was a beautiful day outside, but the future of the team was in his hands. This would be his first of many tests over the summer and he had to remained focused. As he got closer to the doorway he started to hear shouting.

"HOW CAN YOU PUT HIM IN CHARGE? I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 21 YEARS!" a voice that sounded a lot like Elgin Baylor's said.
"Calm down Baylor! He'll be here any minute! Your lucky I let you stay here, in most situations like these, you'd be fired," Sterling replied.
Jim smirked to himself, and knocked softly on the door.
"Come in," Sterling said from within his office.
Fayer let himself through the door and say Sterling lying back in his chair, and a furious Baylor leaning over his desk.

"How's it going Elgin?" Jim said with a mock polite tone.
"Shut-it Fayer,"
"OK- So let's talk draft now!" Sterling commanded. "Who do you think are the best players for the Clippers?"
"I really like MacKenna and Lloyd for the most part. O'Keefe is very good too, but he's going to take more time to develop," Fayer stated.
"And what are we?! A young team! Remember that Fayer?!?" Baylor interjected mockingly.
"Our fans are mad, we've been out of the playoffs for 2 years now, and we're healthy. We can make a strong push this season. Maybe not championship-contender like, but we should be a playoff contender," Fayer countered.
"Also I think O'Keefe is too much like Chris Kaman, we already have a young center who is going to hit his prime in a year or two," Sterling added.
"Exactly. I say we work on getting a good power forward to back up Elton. Paul Millsap can shift over to reserve center," Fayer continued. "I think MacKenna is our man, unless he's taken of course by Milwaukee or New Orleans."
"Personally I really liked Derrick Ferguson. We don't really have a good 2nd string small forward. He can shoot, pullup, run, I think he's perfect," Baylor said a little louder than before.
"Wait, he sounds familiar what's his background info?" Sterling asked.
"Uh.. He's 6'7", weighs 257 lbs... played for Texas A'M... born in April 1989.." Fayer said as he flipped through his draft notes.
"He could be great, he might even be the best player in this draft! He can even play power forward too," Baylor added.
"O C'mon, Lloyd is better than him! We don't need Ferguson. The big men here are the best players in this draft!" Fayer argued.
"I'm with Jim here. I like MacKenna or Lloyd, Jim gimme their NBA comparsions," Sterling interjected.
"Uh. Let's see.. MacKenna could be like a Kevin Garnett type player. He can play down low, but he can also step back and hit the 18 foot jump shot. He's also the type of player that will hit the clutch shot or carry his team. Ohio State depended on him all year... He also can jump out of gym... For Lloyd.. think of a more athletic, Dirk Nowitzki, but with less range. Lloyd won't pass up a shot, but he can stretch defenses. He's also a beast on the offensive glass, something our team so sorely needs."
"Well this is going to be a tough decision, we'll make our final choice in New York," Sterling said.

The room was buzzing. Telephones were ringing off the hook, and the chatter was rampant as far as he could he see. Jim was watching the main floor of the draft from the quiet office that was assigned to Clippers. He couldn't wait to make his first draft pick, he was dying to call the commissioner and tell David Stern who the Clippers were going to pick.

An NBA representative entered the room and announced that Milwaukee was officially on the clock. The 2008 NBA draft had finally begun! Jim jumped back into his sit, his eyes were glued to the TV set....
Chaser7

Postby Andy92_man on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:15 am

I can't wait to see who you are going to draft! I think you should draft MacKenna, he sounds like the right fit for your team!
Andy92_man

Postby Amare Stoudemire on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:15 am

i would bick Lloyd,because i like the players like dirk.And good shooting always helps.
San antonio all the way!
Amare Stoudemire

Next

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame