[Pursuer's Lakers] (NBA Live 07)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Cornerthree on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am

Lakers get the easy win in L.A.
3rd quarter intervention

About the Pistons
Record 13-2(eliminated Wizards 4-0, Bulls 4-0, Nets 4-1)
Pistons are on a 0-1 losing streak
Leader in points Chauncey Billups 24.4 PPG
Leader in rebounds Rasheed Wallace 11.8 RPG
Leader in assists Chauncey Billups 9.1 APG
Leader in steals Chauncey Billups 2.13 SPG
Leader in blocks Rasheed Wallace 2.20 BPG
Injured players: No Injured Players

*Info before the game(stats from playoffs)

Kobe played only 31 minutes, but posted 25 points, 9 assists and three steals…

Box Scores
Lakers-106
Pistons-93

Lakers lead 2-1

The Los Angeles Lakers take the lead in the series of 2007 NBA Finals against Detroit Pistons, beating them easily in L.A.
The first quarter ended very equally, Lakers leading only by a single point, though Lakers took advantage in the second and won the quarter by 6 for a seven point lead heading into the second half.
Lakers found a magical way to stop the powerful Detroit Pistons. Lakers use 1-3-1 full-court pressure and Pistons were looking completely hopeless in the third period. Kobe started it by banging in two very difficult threes and then entertaining the crowd with some awesome dunks. Pistons kept either missing contested shots or losing the ball. Detroit scored only 14 points in that quarter, Lakers outscored them by 12 for the 19 point lead entering the last period. Kobe and Lamar were killing Pistons till the middle of the quarter, until Jackson gave some time for the bench players. Then James Posey and Brian Cook were shinning…
James Posey was a killing machine in the last quarter, he scored 10 points in nearly 90% shooting. Cook also contributed with 7 points. While many guys were working on offense, Odom was working on rebounding. Lakers’ top rebounding guy grabbed 20 boards last night to reach a double double-double, 23 points and 20 rebounds. Pistons, though, were a little more successful in the last quarter, Hamilton and Wallace were able to down the lead to 13, but that was by far not enough to fell comfortable that night. Lakers held off Pistons for their second win in a row and will try to put this series to a critical point with a win tomorrow.

Jordan™ Player of the game

KOBE BRYANT

25 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals, 0 blocks, FG 10-17, 3pt 3-6, FT 2-2.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cornerthree

Postby looser on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:33 am

Nice win!!
Now is getting easier and easier for you.... :wink:
looser

Postby Sacke12 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:46 am

Wow, I've been missing some of your late stuff... but nice to see you in charge of the Finals. Kobe doing his thing, keep it up. (Y) (Y)
Hopefully you bring home the trophy! :D

And it's nice to hear that your doing next year too. Good luck!
"Sweetheart, you know that you most
Important, at least on the West Coast (Huh!)
I'm just trippin', it's somethin' about you though
You think different and understand how I flow"
- "So Far To Go", Common
Sacke12

Postby Martti. on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:53 am

You outrebound the opponent - and the win is easy. Althugh offensivly lost 14-15. No Finals logo on pics this time? They're so effective. You're lucky they were 2-13 from 3Pt range.. Good luck in game #4.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Marquis on Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:26 am

Your bench players Posey and Cook were playing well in this game. Also good job at the 3rd quarter, very good defense, you let them to score only 14...
Marquis

Postby anubisak on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:26 am

It will be hard to get one in Los Angeles court. Now the Pistons are on the spot...
anubisak

Postby Slizz on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:14 am

Wow great Game!!! Odom was the man on the glass 20 Boards :shock: I like the amount of minutes you gave your bench players... of course you should only let them play so much if you got a big lead. Hope you can go all the way now and win this series at home. It's always greater than winning it on the road even though it doesn't matter very much in a video game i suppose
Slizz

Postby Lamrock on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:42 am

Excellent win. Good luck in Game 4. I'm surprised Kobe won POG this time, since Lamar's double double-double was more impressive. Try to win it at Staples!
Lamrock

Postby Cornerthree on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:04 am

looser, I don't know about it, I mainly won because Billups wasn't as himself totally..

Sacke12, Thanks man, glad to see you like my stuff :)

-km-, Yeah defense did a lot for me in this game...

Marquis, I'm especially impressed with Posey's performance, I was thinking of not resining him next season, but I'll think about it again..

anubisak, Oh yeah...

Slizz, Well I was happy to give some time for my bench guys..

Lamrock13, Yeah maybe Odom was more worth it :/

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm very glad you're enjoying my dynasty, Game 4 to be up soon...
Cornerthree

Postby njkobe on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:26 pm

lol~happy to see that u r using my Kobe patch for a while~dude~thanks~ :mrgreen:
True Lakers wear blue and gold.
... When you create a player with a ‘THICK’ build and place him on either the Bobcats or Thunder, the game will crash when entering the game.

That being said, we only have 5 existing players in the league who are ‘THICK’ builds:

Glen Davis
Shaquille O’Neal
Eddy Curry
Jerome James
Michael Sweetney

Workaround: Don’t put a ‘THICK’ build created player OR one of the above players on the Bobcats or Thunder and the game won’t crash.
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby Cornerthree on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:21 am

Umm... actually I used it until game 3, I changed it to Utopia's and now I'm changing it to Anuke's...

Anyways, thanks for the comment...
Cornerthree

Postby Cornerthree on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:47 am

Posey leads Lakers in terrible loss…
3rd quarter intervention

About the Pistons
Record 13-3(eliminated Wizards 4-0, Bulls 4-0, Nets 4-1)
Pistons are on a 0-2 losing streak
Leader in points Chauncey Billups 23.1 PPG
Leader in rebounds Rasheed Wallace 11.8 RPG
Leader in assists Chauncey Billups 8.9 APG
Leader in steals Chauncey Billups 2.19 SPG
Leader in blocks Rasheed Wallace 2.00 BPG

Rasheed was dominating all game long…

Box Scores
Lakers-91
Pistons-103

Series tied 2-2

The Los Angeles Lakers suffered a terrible loss against Detroit Pistons in Los Angeles. Pistons tied the series at 2-2.
Lakers had a pretty good start with 4 points after the first one, but the lead was destroyed in the second as Pistons won it by 12. They had an eight point lead heading into the second half.
Lakers started the quarter strongly by banging Pistons’ basket several times and playing very good defense, but as soon as Odom collected his fourth foul and had to sit down it all turned around. Lakers couldn’t execute offensively, that led to missing contested shots and couldn’t defend properly, but Pistons had their problems with offense. Lakers had a season-low three-point shooting percentage, making only 1 out of 21!!! Lakers were feeling very poor in the third one, but lost it only by three for the eleven point deficit entering the last period.
Lakers tried as hard as they could, James Posey and Kobe Bryant were leading the team in the last quarter, but Rasheed Wallace didn’t want to let this one. He scored 13 points in the last period, completely dominating the paint. No one could cover him. Lakers couldn’t show the same defense as in Game 3 and were letting Pistons to score easy baskets. Even though Lakers’ offense was good, but their defense was terrible! Lakers lost the quarter and suffered a tough defeat.
Lakers have one more game to play, before heading to Detroit for at least one game.

RASHEED WALLACE

36 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 4 blocks, FG 14-17, 3pt 0-2, FT 8-9.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cornerthree

Postby Martti. on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:52 am

The shooting from three range... Better luck in game 5.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Clock on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:24 am

This is getting more and more interesting... You gotta shoot less for 3 with this kind of precentage.

Good luck man! :D
Somebody kick Otis Smith's nuts please.
Clock

Postby njkobe on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:35 am

Pursuer wrote:Umm... actually I used it until game 3, I changed it to Utopia's and now I'm changing it to Anuke's...

Anyways, thanks for the comment...

lol~thanks a lot man~and all the best to ur LAKERS!
U can check my thread. I've made a latest Kobe face, together with an ebo file, if u like that I can send it to u. lo
It's really an interesting dynasty, damn sad that I found it so late...
... When you create a player with a ‘THICK’ build and place him on either the Bobcats or Thunder, the game will crash when entering the game.

That being said, we only have 5 existing players in the league who are ‘THICK’ builds:

Glen Davis
Shaquille O’Neal
Eddy Curry
Jerome James
Michael Sweetney

Workaround: Don’t put a ‘THICK’ build created player OR one of the above players on the Bobcats or Thunder and the game won’t crash.
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby anubisak on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:35 am

yeah we got the home court for game 6...detroit basketballl
anubisak

Postby Marquis on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 am

Damn, bad 2nd quarter. You must win against these Pistons
Marquis

Postby Cornerthree on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:59 am

Kobe goes for 42 as Lakers take the lead…
3rd quarter intervention

About the Pistons
Record 14-3(eliminated Wizards 4-0, Bulls 4-0, Nets 4-1)
Pistons are on a 1-0 winning streak
Leader in points Chauncey Billups 22.8 PPG
Leader in rebounds Rasheed Wallace 11.4 RPG
Leader in assists Chauncey Billups 8.9 APG
Leader in steals Chauncey Billups 1.94 SPG
Leader in blocks Rasheed Wallace 2.29 BPG

Kobe was unstoppable…

Box Scores
Lakers-118
Pistons-108

Lakers lead 3-2

The Los Angeles Lakers took a critical lead in the 2007 NBA Finals series against Detroit Pistons. Lakers played the last game at home this season, and will be going to Detroit for at least a single game, but if Pistons win Game 6, it’s all up to Game 7 in Detroit.
Pistons had a solid first quarter, winning it by 8, but lost the second by five for a three point lead entering the second half.
Lakers came out to the third quarter fired up and ready to play. They quickly got the lead and held it throughout the quarter. They won the quarter by seven and were holding a four point lead heading into the last period. Kobe Bryant was the player of the quarter, with 15 points(Lakers scored 30 in 3rd). But his job wouldn’t be worthy if not Posey and other bench performers. Lakers managed to show the very tight defense, like in Game two and three and stopped Pistons from fast-break attack or getting sharp-shooters open. Though, Lakers had problems with the deadly-duo, Billups and Wallace. This time, Wallace scored 27 points, but with lots of help from Billups(11 assists). Pistons managed to not to sink and were getting ready for the last period.
Lakers continued their wonderful basketball in the fourth quarter. Kobe was hitting tough shots, no matter how many guys were guarding him, Lamar was working on both sides controlling the rebounding, other guys contributing very strongly. Lakers were looking unstoppable, but their defense didn’t improve, opposite it got a little worse. Though Pistons still couldn’t execute any runs or anything big, they were right behind, but couldn’t take the lead. Kobe’s jumpshot that gave Lakers the ten point lead with over a minute to go was the last shot that was made in the matchup and Lakers took the win, also the lead in the series.

KOBE BRYANT

42 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 steals, 4 blocks, FG 19-32, 3pt 0-2, FT 4-5.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Sorry for the lack of pics guys(I took only three of them while playing, completely forgot about it), it won't repeat again..
Cornerthree

Postby Slizz on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:04 am

No Prob bout the pics...
Nice Game right there Walton was dissapointing but Odom 19 and 21 :shock: and of course Kobe were there to take care of it... I really feel you'll win this... don't know wether in 6 or 7 games but you gone take this.. Good Luck
Slizz

Postby Clock on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:14 am

Nice win

You must take care of buisness in game 6... you don't wanna game 7 there.
Good luck bro (Y)
Somebody kick Otis Smith's nuts please.
Clock

Postby Marquis on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:44 am

Very important win. Kobe was amazing with 42 points and rebounds, assists, steals and everything... Now you have 2 chances at Detroit
Marquis

Postby Lamrock on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:58 am

Good luck in Game 6. It is a must-win. You really don't want a Game 7. Though if it does go to seven games, don't blow it there. Anyways, good luck.
Lamrock

Postby njkobe on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:59 am

May the gd luck with u and ur LAKERS in the next game(s). lol

Glen Davis
Shaquille O’Neal
Eddy Curry
Jerome James
Michael Sweetney

njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby Cornerthree on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:36 am

Slizz, Oh man I hope I do, because if not all my work would go shit..

S.R.N.O, You never know what happens..

Marquis, Yeah Kobe's very valuable for me in these playoffs, I'm glad he's not injured, if he would, I'd be dead...

Lamrock13, Well if I lost both I'd tried to built a very strong team in the off-season and take the title next year..

njkobe, Thanks a lot dude..

Thanks for the comments guys, I always appreciate your attention...
Cornerthree

Postby Cornerthree on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:37 am

McDyess’s the hero in Pistons’ comeback win…
3rd quarter intervention

About the Pistons
Record 14-4(eliminated Wizards 4-0, Bulls 4-0, Nets 4-1)
Pistons are on a 0-1 losing streak
Leader in points Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace 22.7 PPG
Leader in rebounds Rasheed Wallace 11.1 RPG
Leader in assists Chauncey Billups 9.0 APG
Leader in steals Chauncey Billups 1.89 SPG
Leader in blocks Rasheed Wallace 2.33 BPG

The game winning shot with 4.4 second to go…

Box Scores
Lakers-100
Pistons-101

Series tied at 3-3

The Los Angeles Lakers lost to Detroit Pistons in the Palace of Auburn Hills Pistons tied the series at 3-3 and it’s all up to Game 7 in Detroit.
The first scoreless quarter ended 16 to 19 in Pistons’ favor. But Lakers stepped it up in the second for a three point lead entering the second half.
Kobe and Lamar started the third period with a big bang. Lakers’ duo combined 10 points in the first two minutes and made Pistons’ coach look very nervous. Pistons only answered with three and were suffering a ten point deficit. But it all turned around pretty soon. Chauncey Billups woke up his team with a long range trey and then Pistons achieved a 8-0 run. They were playing very powerful team basketball. All of the four main guys were contributing and they hot help from others. Pistons hold on in the quarter, but still lost it by a single point for a four point deficit heading into the last quarter.
Lakers proved to be a good offensive and a very inconstant defensive team. They played good defense in the last game, but there were no signs of it tonight. Lakers offense was very reliable and they never stopped their offensive execution. Kobe was leading the guys and with the help from Odom and Parker Lakers were going straight for the win. They had an eight point lead heading into the last couple of minutes and were looking unstoppable and ready to take the title tonight. But Hamilton and Prince didn’t want this to happen. With the clock showing 1:32 Rip Hamilton downed Lakers lead to 5 with a deep trey. Lakers didn’t answer and Pistons got fouled on the other end. They made only one of two. Then both teams were unable to score and Lakers had the ball with thirty seconds to go and a four point lead. Parker missed the jumpshot and Wallace took the rebound. He quickly got the ball to Prince’s and he banged in a trey for a one point deficit with 20 seconds left. Pistons wanted to foul immediately, but luck was on their side. Kwame Brown wanted to make a high pass to his team-mate, but accidentally hit the board and the ball got to Pistons hands. They got it out from in-bounds and were trying to set up a screen, but failed. Then Chauncey Billups somehow got the ball to Antonio McDyess who was covered with three other players, but that didn’t stop him. The veteran scored a tough lay-up, leaving his opponents 4.4 seconds to go. Lakers got the ball to Bryant and let him improvise. He quickly got into the paint and was already in the air for the shot, but buzzer sounded earlier and his made field goal wasn’t counted in.
Lakers and the Pistons have one more game to play in the 2007 NBA Finals in Detroit. It will be the deciding one…

CHAUNCEY BILLUPS

26 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, 1 blocks, FG 9-19, 3pt 2-5, FT 6-6.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cornerthree

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame