[hova-´s] NY KNICKS Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby hammertime23 on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 pm

Very good training camp presentation. What the hell is Nate doing?
hammertime23

Postby sdude on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:50 pm

nice dynast story, interesting to read (Y)
sdude

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:28 am

Interesting.... Aldridge is also on the Wizards in my dynasty as well.

Good to see your young guns are developing bit by bit, I've always found that to be one of the most satisfying parts of dynasty mode.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Anthony15 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:19 am

I want to see how Chris Hov does against other great coaches! Good luck in the Season now!
Anthony15

Postby pureshooter30 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:31 am

hey nice write-up on the training camp........keep it up
"Someone Sh*t on the coats"
pureshooter30

Postby Scorer--20 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:31 am

Wow !! nice training camp !!!

( please START the fucking season :P ) i just can't wait ...
Scorer--20

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:08 am

Nice training camp man, please start the season quickly! :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:10 am

Thx very much for ya comments, guys !

I also want to start the season .... but we have 33° C here and that is kinda the hottest time of the year, so I just cant stay inside and play computer. I am working on an update every now and then, but as long as we wont get a thunderstorm or a huge rainfall, I think I wont update.

Hope you understand me ;)

so long

hov
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:38 pm

The New York Knicks today announced their roster for the NBA season 2006/2007 and also scheduled their two preseason games against the New Orleans Hornets in two days and 3 days later vs the Chicago Bulls.
"We have chosen those teams, because they are young and upcoming, just what we want to be this season, so we want to see if we are able to beat them yet, and what we have to train more and less", coach Hov said.

Here you go with the 2006/2007 roster of the Knicks

Two days ..... and my first match as a coach. I am really looking forward to this one. The Hornets are a young, new formed team and will be very hard to beat. I want to give many minutes to our young guns, David, Channing and Nate can expect to play a lot in these two games.
For Eddie Jones, Bobby Jackson and Stephon Marbury I do not want to risk any injuries, they will com off the bench I think.
For the Rookies I am not sure yet, if they are good enough at the moment. Rudy did not show his A-game in training yet. Ryan needs to work on his body. I will give them some minutes, hopefully they can show some action ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Anthony15 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:29 am

Whos gonna start for you in the opening match?
Anthony15

Postby hova- on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:29 am

Image111Image115

The New Orleans Hornets visited the New York Knicks for their first preseason game tonight, prepared for everything, but not a David Lee in that shape. Lee scored 28 points, grabbed 9 board and gave 5 assists to make his best game in his short Knicks-career.
Both teams were very active in the first minutes of the game. The Hornets shot very well and gained the lead in the first. Drew Gooden had a good debut for his new team, while Chris Paul did not get many chances in the first due the tough defense of Knicks starting point guard Nate Robinson.
With 3 behind the Knicks went into the 2nd quarter. Stephon Marbury brought some fresh air and dished out 4 assists in the first few minutes, but the Hornets found the right answer every time. J.R. Smith was on fire and scored 12 points in only 4 minutes.
Two minutes before halftime Channing Frye got into foul trouble and Drew Gooden made both freethrows to give the Hornets a 5 point lead, which they extended to 9 at the end of the 2nd quarter.
Although the Knicks began better in the 3rd, especially because of David Lee, the Hornets kept jabbing where it hurts the most, shooting big threes by Chris Paul and J.R. Smith.
Rookie Rodney Carney did not see any playing time, but his rookie colleague Rudy Gay showed some impressive defensive stops against Desmond Mason. But the Hornets still increased their lead, 75-64.
In the last Stephon Marbury and David Lee ran some amazing plays to give the Knicks point after point. The Hornets lost their rhythm and started to drive to the basket and to avoid their jumpshot chances.
J.R. Smith went to the line 7 times but could only make one shot (3-9 FT in the game). With 2:00 left the Knicks trailed only by 1 and Eddie Jones hit a baseline jumper to give them their first lead since the first basket of the game. Hornets countered with newly acquired Corliss Williamson.
But David Lee scored 8 in a row and with 0:50 left the Knicks led by 3.
Kirk Snyder took a very risky threepointer and hit it to tie the game.
But Channing Frye, who had only scored 2 points at this time connected on two open jumpers and went to the freethrow line with 0:09 left.
He hit both and gave the Knicks the 111-115 win.
Take a look at the Boxscores below.

New York Boxscore
New Orleans Boxscore

ImageWith the Man Of The Match, Knickerbocker David Lee.

NBA.com: David, you just had an amazing game, this is just what everybody would ask you, why did you play so well?

David Lee: Oh yes, I cannot say any special reasons, but everything is just working for us and for me personally.
It is not only my performance, but also the others who kept us in the game. I was working hard and that is what you earn when you work.

NBA.com: What about the importance of such a preseason game?

David Lee: Well, I do think that you can take such a game as an important one, since we played very dedicated and gave our best. I don´t know about the Hornets, but in my opinion they seemed to play seriously.

NBA.com: Last question, David, what are your goals with the Knicks and personally. And do you think you can reach them?

David Lee: Our goal has to be the postseason. We want to play postseason basketball, that´s it. For me personally, I hope I can help the team and play better than last year. I´m feeling very good and I am very ambitious.

We won ... and played very well. I think the best was that we came back after a huge run of the Hornets. I am very satisfied with how we played.
Stephon did great, although he did not start. He showed how to control the teams offense. And for David ... I think he is up to get a starting position.
Channing did not play like I thought he would. David is in a better shape at the moment. He will start vs the Bulls in three days. It is very exciting to coach this young team and I think we can make it far.
My main goal is to find out a rotation system. Rudy played awesome, I love his defense. "Q" is a better bench player. But I still do not know if I can give Rudy the starter position. Bobby and Eddie played okay, but still don´t get the shot rhythm. It is hard for them because we play a lot quicker than Memphis. But I think we will get this solved.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby z50bo on Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:58 pm

nice win...good to c Lee with such a good game (Y)
z50bo

Postby Lakers08 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:00 pm

Nice W...good luck in your next game
Lakers08

Postby Scorer--20 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:22 am

Nice win!! , Lee was on fire!!!
Scorer--20

Postby hova- on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:38 am

Image88Image99

The New York Knicks have also won their second preseason game against the Chicago Bulls last night, September, 21st.
The Knicks played very aggressive from the very beginning snatching a 3 point lead after 7 minutes played. With a very balanced offense, no one scored more than 4 points, and a very tough defense, both by the Knicks, the Bulls had their problems.
Chris Duhon, last year´s Most Improved Player did not hit one of his 5 shot attempts and Kirk Hinrich was the only convincing Bull with 6 points.
In the second quarter the Knicks were able to increase their lead to 6 points.
Chicago´s Tyson Chandler started to make something happen, grabbing 4 rebounds and scoring 6 points in the next 2 minutes.
But with 7:00 left to play in the 2nd, Eddie Jones hit a three and Stephon Marbury made a difficult fade away to give the Knicks an eleven point lead, their biggest lead of the night.
The biggest lead, because the Bulls came back, Mike Sweetney hammered one home and Ben Gordon hit a three to cut the deficite to three at halftime.
After halftime Eddie Jones showed his great outside touch.
He hit 3 18 footer and another threepointer.
"That is what we want to see from him, his soft jumper, his ease when he takes those shots, I love it.", Coach Hov said.
The Bulls were not able to shut the Knicks down defensively, but still managed to get some points in the paint.
Chris Duhon completed his off night with another 0-5 from the field in the 3rd, but at least hit 6 foul shots.
The Knicks led 68-76.
In the 4th Andres Nocioni stepped up scoring seven, but the Knicks could also contribute.
David Lee scored 6 of his 11 and Channing Frye added four freethrows to give the Knicks a comfortable 88-99 win.
Eddie Jones was the Man Of The Match scoring 20 points on 8-11 from the field.
The Bulls have to work on their defense, maybe it was not the best decision to not sign Ben Wallace. This was the last preseason game for both teams.
Take a look at the Boxscores below.

New York Boxscore
New Orleans Boxscore

Another win, I am a little bit suprised. We did not rely on one guy on offense this time. Eddie did very well, but 20 points is not more than a fifth of our points. We did quite okay on the defensive end, although Chicago seemed a bit uninspired on offense. I did like what I saw from Tyson Chander. He is a player I would really like to see on our roster. Ryan Hollins was also very good this game making his shots, dunking like a young gun and also posting up a bit. I think my assistance staff should work with him, he has potential. Rudy is good from this point, he is able to contribute this season already. I am looking forward to our game vs the Hawks and how we start into this season. Hopefully with a win.

thx for your comments guys, these recaps are a little bit bare, but that is because these games are only preseason games. I will create a new recap system, maybe with vid and with more pics, but also with a recap, since I like writing and have to practice it for school. (these recaps really help me in english)

so long hov ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby .Dee. on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:47 am

Nice win, the preseason stats suck :|
But the recap is nice hope you can upgrade
in the real season, so good luck wiht that.

Keep it up.
Above The Intellectuals:::....
CapitolWizards!!!
.Dee.

Postby Anthony15 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:44 am

EJ still got somethin in him, 20 points (y) Nice win.
Anthony15

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 am

I didn't really notice the new logo until I looked a little more closely. The design looks a lot more recent and the jerseys look ok I guess, but I'm not too big of a fan of the colour orange.

Hopefully Eddie Jones can continue that kind of shooting in the regular season, then he'd definitely be the 6th man of the year.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby double_g on Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:46 pm

Hey nice stuff so far. Sorry I didn't post lately but this doesn't mean I didn't followed your dynasty. And nice 2 first pre-season wins (Y)

And btw: Is Curry a Power Superstar in your 2nd season?
double_g

Postby hova- on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:13 pm

.Dee. wrote:Nice win, the preseason stats suck :|
But the recap is nice hope you can upgrade
in the real season, so good luck wiht that.

Keep it up.

thanks, well the stats are a bit strange, because I wanted to give every player a chance .... so very shared time there.

Anthony15 wrote:EJ still got somethin in him, 20 points Thumbs Up Nice win.

thank you, yes EJ is very good, better than Q in my opinion.

its_asdf wrote:I didn't really notice the new logo until I looked a little more closely. The design looks a lot more recent and the jerseys look ok I guess, but I'm not too big of a fan of the colour orange.

Hopefully Eddie Jones can continue that kind of shooting in the regular season, then he'd definitely be the 6th man of the year.

Thx, cool you like the design, well the orange jersey is the alternate, I wont wear it that often, but imo it looks like Phoenix a bit .. not that new.
EJ roxx I like his style very much, maybe he is more than a 6th man ;)

double_g wrote:Hey nice stuff so far. Sorry I didn't post lately but this doesn't mean I didn't followed your dynasty. And nice 2 first pre-season wins Thumbs Up

And btw: Is Curry a Power Superstar in your 2nd season?

thx, glad you are still followin.
Due the Rookie scouting and stuff I simmed the last offseason several times and he turned out to be a power player for about 80%.
But the final offseason did not give him this ability, but I did not care, because he is not that far yet, it would have been unrealistic anyway, although it would have given me a huge boost.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:30 am

Only two games for the Knicks in October, first the road game vs the Atlanta Hawks and two days later against the Milwaukee Bucks.

Image110Image78

No recap, I am sry but my game crashes everytime I try to play vs the Hawks. So I had to sim the game, pretty balanced score, take a look below.

Hawks Boxscore
Knicks Boxscore
Last edited by hova- on Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Anthony15 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:41 am

Contain JJ and AL on offense and you should get the win. Good luck!
Anthony15

Postby hova- on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:56 pm

Arrghhh, my game always crashes when I try to play against ATL ... so I will have to sim this game, the next vs Bucks ran after I simmed for testing ...

Sry, but I wont make a big recap, only post the boxscores then ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:23 am

Well doublepost to keep it current.

I edite the Preview post and posted the Boxscores and the result of Hawks game there. I did not like the Preview style and will work on it when I find the time. I hope I can make it way better. The Hawks game was the only one to crash so I can continue, but I also have to create a good recap style and maybe this takes a bit time, we will see.
So take a look above for the Hawks result.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby z50bo on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:46 am

good win, Q had a rly good game off the bench..almost a double double (Y)
z50bo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame