Andrew's Chicago Bulls Dynasty - November 2006

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby les paul on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:56 pm

I've seen your boxscores in your previews games, your good in limiting the opponenets in getting too many offensive boards, andrew, pls. can you give me a hint on how to improve my game, specially in rebounding , AI players always outrebounded me specialy in offensive, are u using a zone in defense? .I,ve just started a new dynasty, in my first 2 games are notting but a blownout by AI team.... Help.....
les paul

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:03 pm

I don't use zone defenses, I prefer man-to-man. Obviously the sliders help a bit (like most people I've got offensive rebounds to 0) as does having good rebounders, but basically you just have to get a good position, box out and time your jumps. If you're under the ring, you'll have a harder time rebounding whereas in previous Lives positioning wasn't so important. If you jump too early or too late you'll almost always get beaten, even by smaller players.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby les paul on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:08 pm

thanks,, I will follow your adviced,,
les paul

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:55 pm

You're welcome. :) And now, I believe it's time for another Month in Review post.

December in Review

Current Record: 17-13
Season Stats through December 31st, 2005

Pierce, Nash Players of the Month

NEW YORK, NY -- The NBA has announced that Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics has been named the Eastern Conference Player of the Month, while the Phoenix Suns' Steve Nash has earned Western Conference Player of the Month honours. Pierce averaged 30.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 4.5 apg and 1.6 spg in December while Nash averaged 25.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.8 rpg and 2.25 spg.

Bogut and Webster top rookies

NEW YORK, NY -- Andrew Bogut has been named the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for the second straight month this season, averaging 13.9 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.4 apg and 1.2 bpg in December. Joining Bogut in Rookie of the Month honours is Martell Webster, whose 19.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.5 apg and 1.4 spg topped all rookies in the Western Conference as the surprising Portland Trailblazers sit above the Northwest Division at 18-12.

League Leaders

Rebounds

Assists

Steals

Blocks

Field Goal %

Three Point %

Free Throw %

Minutes

Standings

Pacific

Northwest

Southwest

Atlantic

Central

Southeast

Coach's Diary
January 1st - Happy New Year!

We may not have closed 2005 out the way we'd like, but we haven't let that get us down. Kirk's back, we're all healthy and even though we dropped a couple in the last week of December we feel like we've found a gameplan that works for us. Some nights, it just doesn't all come together. But we're four games above .500 and we're in good shape. I'm looking forward to 2006. I don't want to get to far ahead of myself but I still believe we can bounce back from the slow start and become a force to be reckoned with. Anything short of a playoff appearance will be greatly disappointing. And once the playoffs begin...anything can happen!

Still a couple of question marks regarding the lineup but I think I've settled on a rotation that seems to work. Now that Kirk's back I've had to change the formula a bit but I think I've found a way to get Chris some significant minutes as well as juggling the frontcourt minutes effectively.

I think 2006 could be something special but like I said before, I don't want to get ahead of myself. I hate to be cliche, but right now we have to take the season one game at a time.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:08 pm

great presentation and (N) for LA being Pac Wooden Spooners :(
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:12 pm

Thanks Sit. Yeah, there's been some strange results so far. Portland leading the Northwest is very odd. Minnesota and Orlando are really struggling.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:17 pm

AK47 Leading in steals, Stephon leading in assists... and Ben Gordon scoring leader... :shock:

Haha!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:30 pm

True, though if I hadn't been using Gordon so heavily in November and earlier on in December it wouldn't be too inaccurate as far as the players who are up there (with the notable exception of Steve Nash).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Srbija on Wed May 03, 2006 6:24 pm

Are you still going to update this dynasty Andrew?
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu May 04, 2006 3:52 am

Minny 5-23? Wow... nice update Andrew!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Anthony15 on Thu May 04, 2006 9:25 am

Nice recap, but WTF? Portland 18-12 and Minny 5-23???
Anthony15

Postby Andrew on Thu May 04, 2006 11:20 am

Srbija wrote:Are you still going to update this dynasty Andrew?

When I get a chance, yes. Maybe tonight if I get a game or two in.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JohnA20 on Thu May 04, 2006 6:36 pm

Minnesota 5-23 :( , wait, wan't Garnett out for ages early in the season, so it makes sense. Great dynasty, good luck with it.
JohnA20

Postby Andrew on Mon May 08, 2006 5:22 pm

January 2nd, 2006
Milwaukee (89) at Chicago (101)
Bulls begin year in style

Boxscores

Chicago may not have ended 2005 with a victory but they were clearly determined not to open 2006 in the same manner. Trailing 27-24 after the first quarter, the Bulls took a 39-38 lead over the Bucks halfway through the second and would not fall behind again. All five starters scored in double digits led by Ben Gordon's 22 as Chicago improved to 18-13 with a 101-89 victory.

The Bulls' defensive performance was one of the best of the season, holding Milwaukee to 15 second quarter points and under 40% from the field during the second and third quarters, allowing them to build an 11 point lead entering the fourth quarter. In the fourth the lead grew as large as 17 before the Bucks managed a short run led by Maurice Williams' three point play, coming within seven. Williams would finish with a team high 21 points and 4 assists but the Bulls pulled away and had the game in hand entering the final minute.

First overall pick Andrew Bogut, named Eastern Conference Player of the Month the first two months of the season, scored 11 points on 5/12 shooting and had 15 rebounds including 8 at the offensive end. Michael Redd nailed a tough three during the Bucks' fourth quarter run but shot only 7/17 for the game finishing with 16 points and 5 rebounds. Milwaukee totalled only 13 assists, 10 below their season average.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Srbija on Mon May 08, 2006 9:41 pm

Well done on victory. (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Cornerthree on Mon May 08, 2006 9:42 pm

I see you're playing high minutes...
Cornerthree

Postby Andrew on Mon May 08, 2006 9:50 pm

I always prefer to play 12 minute quarters.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TimHenman on Mon May 08, 2006 10:26 pm

Yes, playing with 12 minutes a quarter is amazin, but i can't because the schoole kill me :(
TimHenman

Postby Cornerthree on Mon May 08, 2006 10:29 pm

Well I like it :)
Cornerthree

Postby Andrew on Mon May 08, 2006 11:33 pm

January 4th, 2006
Seattle (126) at Chicago (120)
Hot shooting Sonics embarrass Bulls

[ Boxscores ]

Two nights after one of their most impressive defensive efforts of the season, the Chicago Bulls got burned by the hot hand of Rashard Lewis and the Seattle Supersonics. Lewis scored 33 points, shooting 14/26 from the field including 3/5 from downtown as the Sonics ran the Bulls off their own floor.

Seattle seemed to gain momentum towards the end of the first quarter after the Bulls tied the game at 27. Lewis' pass was long and went out of bounds without touching a player, resulting in Chicago inbounding the ball under the basket in the frontcourt. Lewis stripped Hinrich and found Luke Ridnour, who ran the ball up and nailed a three from 30 feet as time expired to take a three point lead into the second quarter. The Sonics didn't cool off after the quarter break, scoring the first six points of the second.

Chicago would have a lucky break of their own. After a Ben Gordon three gave the Bulls a 40-38 lead midway through the second, Hinrich intercepted an inbounds pass and scored on a layup for a four point lead. Undaunted, Seattle turned the tide and stormed back to take a five point lead into halftime.

Early in the third, Seattle jumped out to a double digit lead picking off bad passes and scoring on uncontested layups and dunks. Chicago desperately tried to catch up with three pointers and with Hinrich's last second three, cut the deficit to six heading into the final quarter.

At first luck appeared to be on Chicago's side as Shawn Kemp banked in a three pointer to beat the shot clock early in the fourth. The Bulls found themselves in foul trouble however and while scoring 38 fourth quarter points in a furious shootout, could only match Seattle's output as the Sonics walked away with a 126-120 victory.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue May 09, 2006 1:42 am

Great win against Bucks to start the year (Y) But then bad luck against Sonics!
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Tue May 09, 2006 3:37 pm

January 6th, 2006
Chicago (109) at Milwaukee (105)
Bulls charge past Bucks with hot fourth quarter

[ Boxscore ]

Milwaukee was intent on payback after losing 101-89 four nights ago in Chicago, but the Bulls were too much to handle in the fourth quarter. Led by Shawn Kemp's 26 points, Chicago outscored Milwaukee 38-26 in the final period to take a 109-105 victory.

Kemp, who returned to the NBA this season after a two year absence, had his finest game of the season. He shot 11/12 from the field and 4/4 from the free throw line for his 26 points, as well as grabbing 14 rebounds and blocking two shots. Often plagued by foul trouble and turnovers throughout his career, the Reignman played 38 minutes without committing a single foul or turnover. He also made what might have been the biggest play of the night, grabbing the offensive rebound of a missed free throw by Tyson Chandler and drawing the foul, sinking both free throws to put the Bulls up 107-102 in the final 90 seconds.

Milwaukee dominated the second and third quarters after taking the lead towards the end of the first. Reminiscent of their game against the Sonics two nights ago, Chicago seemed unable to counter the onslaught in the second quarter and found themselves down by 11 at the half. Though they would make up ground in the third quarter after trailing by as many as 14 they fell behind early in the fourth as Milwaukee seemed to have an answer for every run they made. The Bulls captured the lead at 88-87 with almost six minutes gone by in the quarter but would not grab the lead for good until Ben Gordon, who scored 10 of his 20 points in the final period, sank a pair of free throws.

Both teams had six players score in double digits, led by TJ Ford's 29. Ford also had 8 assists and 2 steals. Michael Redd had another good performance against the Bulls with 20 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Andrew Bogut posted a double double with 10 points and 10 rebounds, adding 3 assists. Jamaal Magloire, who struggled four nights ago in Chicago, had 12 points, 7 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Hinrich had a double double for Chicago with 21 points and 11 assists in addition to 2 rebounds and 2 steals. Tyson Chandler also posted a double double with 11 points and 16 rebounds.

Notes: Both teams wore jerseys from the 1970/71 season, the year the Bucks became the quickest expansion team to win the NBA title (third year)...the Bulls went 51-31 but lost to the Los Angeles Lakers 4-3 in the Western Semi-Finals that season...Oscar Robertson was in attendance and received a standing ovation before the game...the Bucks were 6/6 from the free throw line, a season low for free throws made and attempted.

January 7th, 2006
Memphis (98) at Chicago (106)
Bulls overcome depleted Grizzlies

[ Boxscore ]

Memphis put up a valiant effort without Pau Gasol, still out with a badly sprained finger, but Chicago would not lay down on their home floor. Undaunted by a six point deficit at the half, the Bulls took advantage of some weak interior defense by the Grizzlies and totalled 32 fourth quarter points for a 106-98 victory.

Kirk Hinrich led all scorers with 27 points including 9 in the fourth as Chicago took its 20th win of the season. Hinrich shot 11/15 from the field while also grabbing 3 rebounds and dished out 8 assists. Ben Gordon scored a quiet 16 points but had two spectacular three point plays including a wild circus shot in the third quarter to propel Chicago's comeback. Chris Duhon added 17 points and 4 assists in 20 minutes off the bench.

Damon Stoudamire led the Grizzlies with 24 points but was 1/7 from downtown. Brian Cardinal scored 18 points including 8 off his 4 offensive rebounds. Lorenzen Wright had a double double with 12 points and 16 rebounds but found himself in foul trouble. Chicago took advantage of his tentativeness on defense as Gordon, Hinrich and Duhon scored most of their points on penetrations.

The game remained close until the final minute but with Memphis over the limit and forced to foul, Chicago sealed the game from the free throw line.

January 8th, 2006
Struggling Lakers dealt another blow

LOS ANGELES, CA -- Lakers' star guard Kobe Bryant is expected to miss up to two weeks with a injured knee after colliding with Corey Maggette in the first quarter of last night's 109-93 loss to the rival Los Angeles Clippers. Kobe returned to play 23 minutes but was 0/4, scoring just 1 point, grabbing 3 rebounds and handing out 2 assists. An MRI showed some slight ligament damage in Bryant's left knee as well as some bruising, however the injury will not require surgery and Kobe could be back in action as early as January 19th, when the Lakers take on the Kings in Sacramento.

The Lakers are 12-21 despite the return of Phil Jackson this past offseason. Bryant is averaging 27.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 6.1 apg and 2.1 spg having seen action in 32 of the Lakers' 33 games this season.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Srbija on Tue May 09, 2006 3:49 pm

Good win, keep it up :D
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed May 10, 2006 11:50 am

Nice wins Andrew, Reignman is doing really good (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dada on Wed May 10, 2006 12:35 pm

Havent been in here in a while but everything seems to be going fine. Nice update. (y)

Oh how it hurts to see LA at the bottom of the Pacific. :(
dada

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame