::: A Legend Is Born ::: (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Are you looking forward to the release of A Legend Is Born Part II?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 73

Postby Mark. on Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:43 pm

A scathing revue of your team Will, looks like your still bitter over the vetoing of your trade.

Your the mad one denying your righting skills are amazing :P
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Isaiah on Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:53 pm

the Marbury thing is great!! with that story, it would seem as if you would just suit up for the Hawks yourself!!

anyway nice job of putting drama into this dynasty...im trying to do it in mine, but school and stuff are keeping me from doing it so im only able to play games and not put any additional stuff...im currently trying to work a "behind the scenes" thing, showing what goes on during practice, etc.

anyway, once again, good luck!
(Y) (Y)

http://isaiahpcruz.multiply.com
Click the sig for my blog! Includes NBA analysis, etc.
Isaiah

Location: Metro Manila, Philippines (born in Los Angeles, CA)

Postby The_Flying_Tomato on Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:44 am

1st: Lakers suck
2nd: Good story, what's your next move? I still say childress and williams for Dwight Howard, or one of those for Josh Howard, the Howards are good
benji wrote:We're still on that stupidity? Giving Kidd the MVP in 2002 is as bad as giving Nash the MVP in any year...

Controversial Clippers
The_Flying_Tomato

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:53 am

Henry wrote:Nice preview. Did you play the preseason games?

- Nah, I didn't aye!

PHX4LIFE4Shizzle wrote:Go salim! Make him big, baby! You should trade childress and harrington for Dwight Howard if you can rofl

- ... Salim is gonna be bigger than Marvin! (Y)

Bosh Fan wrote:man great season preview Sit. Good luck on your opener. Great chapter 1 btw. Crazy ass writing skills you got there bro (Y)

- Glad you like it man... Maybe I'll give one spoiler... had a crazy first game! (Y)

Jing wrote:pretty good season opener dude, it should be interesting

- riggght.... wat u on about!

Honor wrote:The reason why I love screen shots is that it gives you the chance to really appreciate the detail(as much as our PC's can give us) that EA has put into the game that we don't really get to take awe of while we're actually playing...

... in this shot you can really see the extra time they put into making the arena as authentic in the upper tiers...something you really can't pay attention to while playing the game. That's one reason I love playing the game on the PC because we can really visually reflect...

- Thanks for your analyisis.... (Y)

PHX4LIFE4Shizzle wrote:I wish they had NBA Live games for Mac, but nooooo mac couldn't sign the title

- It's cause Mac sucks! And Bill Gates doesn't own it :)

Mad Mark wrote:A scathing revue of your team Will, looks like your still bitter over the vetoing of your trade.

Your the mad one denying your righting skills are amazing

- Thanks for the props! I'm very angry over the vetoing!

Isaiah wrote:the Marbury thing is great!! with that story, it would seem as if you would just suit up for the Hawks yourself!!

anyway nice job of putting drama into this dynasty...im trying to do it in mine, but school and stuff are keeping me from doing it so im only able to play games and not put any additional stuff...im currently trying to work a "behind the scenes" thing, showing what goes on during practice, etc.

anyway, once again, good luck!
(Y) (Y)

- 1st: Thanks about the marbury story.. hope dit was a good twist

2nd: Yeah, good luck with putting drama into ur dynasty! School is a lot of work when added to this. Reason why Chapter 2 is late due to how long it takes to do it!

3rd: thanks! :) (Y)

PHX4LIFE4Shizzle wrote:1st: Lakers suck
2nd: Good story, what's your next move? I still say childress and williams for Dwight Howard, or one of those for Josh Howard, the Howards are good

- 1st: Uncalled for.

2nd: I don't have a next move!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:06 pm

Hawks to Mourn the Loss of Teammate
Former Hawks C Jason Collier is sorely missed

Oct 31, Atlanta - The Atlanta Hawks will honour former Hawk Jason Collier when the Hawks grace the Phillips Arena. The team hosts the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets and before the game, a service will be held in memory of the former Hawks big man who passed away during the offseason.

Collier died due to heart problems and the team has been swept and overwhlemed by the grief of losing a close teammate and friend. Josh Smith has voved that Atlanta will play for Collier and in memory of him, every player will have 'R.I.P. JC 40' on their shoes and a black stripe on their jerseys.

The Hawks hope that they can be motivated even more with the fact that they know they are playing for their fallen teammate and this is something that GM Will Sit is excited about. "Sportsmanship and friendship are two traits that I expect will bring this team together. To know thast they are all playing for the same cause, really helps me to trust them even more to be able to give it their all."

Included in the service will be a speech from Collier's wife and newly appointed Hawks GM Will Sit. As well as remembering Collier, the Hawks will take the opportunity to remember those who lost their lives and are currently stranded due to Hurricane Katrina. Hornets' rookie Chris Paul told media yesterday, "It is great to know that the Hawks will remember that we (Hornets) are also playing in memory of our own troubles."

Jason Collier's number 40 will not be available for any player on the Hawks for this next season. The former Georgia Tech player from Springfield, Ohio leaves behind his wife and a daughter. He died at age 28.

The Hawks play the Hornets at 7:00 pm.

- - -

Chemistry Problems?

It is reported from the Hawks camp that not only does GM Will Sit have a problem with his board, he also has problems with the Hawks coach. It is reported that Will Sit has criticised Coach Woodson about the way he coaches his players saying that, "Woodson is too strict and punishes them for very pathetic reasons."

Woodson has responded in the media saying, "Those 'pathetic' reasons that Sit has stated happen to be missed free throws, missed lay ups and guys not boxing out. This is all simple stuff that even high schoolers would get harsher punishment for."

Will Sit stated in an interview, "I believe that he should punish his players accordingly. That means that he should turn a blind eye if the guys need to fly out the next day or have a game that evening. He's the one being ridiculous!"
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:22 pm

Alright people who read this dynasty.

I'm going to be away for one month in China which means that this will stop for another period of time... unfortunately, I couldn't get this one rolling as fast as I would have liked but expect one more chapter to be realeased before tommorrow's end.

Thank you to those who read and enjoy this dynasty and also to those who have a browse at least too! (Y) I love you all!

Before I pause this though, can I please get some feedback from people. Do you guys think this chapter by chapter thing is effective or do you think I should also put in updates like very short game recaps? I was thinking of doing the chapter thingys and add in just the boxscores of games but I notcie some don't like reading so if I had short recpas... you could all stay updated.

I'm really intrigued by what all of you want.

Well stay safe and merry Christmas and have a happy new year boys! And until January 8, Adios! (Is that how u spell it?)

Your loyal Laker/Kobe Fan: Sit
Fresh8

Postby Dean on Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:59 pm

Hey Will,

loving the dynasty so far man, i always expect and recieve amazing work from your dynasties.

I think the chapter way is good, so keep doing it the same way..

and have fun in China man, dont get mauled by crazy Ming fans (Y)

Have a good Christmas, see you next year.
Dean
"Wait, this isn't like the time that you bought a hamster, named it virginity, and then lost it?"

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:57 pm

Wow, going off to China eh? Try eating some dog while you're there, or maybe some snakeskin soup. :P
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby pHLo on Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:05 am

yo will, enjoy your trip man (Y)

and i read it all, so i hope you don't talk about me with saying "but I notice some don't like reading" :roll:

have a good time, i hope we can talk once more before you're away... :?

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:15 am

Dean wrote:Hey Will,

loving the dynasty so far man, i always expect and recieve amazing work from your dynasties.

I think the chapter way is good, so keep doing it the same way..

and have fun in China man, dont get mauled by crazy Ming fans

Have a good Christmas, see you next year.

- Hey Dean. Thanks for the props mate! I will try have fun in china! I wanna go and play basketball but I'm not that great a speaker so I don't know if they will laugh at me and not let me join their game! (N)

asdf wrote:Wow, going off to China eh? Try eating some dog while you're there, or maybe some snakeskin soup.

- Nah man... no dog, snake, beetle and scorpians for me!

pH wrote:yo will, enjoy your trip man

and i read it all, so i hope you don't talk about me with saying "but I notice some don't like reading"

have a good time, i hope we can talk once more before you're away...

- Respect for reading it for me! Yay!

Anyways hope I can talk to you too soon on msn! (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Isaiah on Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:33 am

enjoy your china trip dude! have a merry christmas!
hope to see you when you get back here!

Isaiah

Postby brad feet on Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:34 pm

hey buddy, just notice you've got a new one goin...... too bad your lakers died.... anyway, i haven't really read all of this yet but i'll try to read 'em in while.... good luck on this..... and i hope it'll last...

by the way, have a good time in china man.......
brad feet

Postby Cloudy on Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:36 pm

Hey. Lei Hou arr... Have fun in China! Lookin' forward to more stories... I would like to see some game recaps between these chapters though. :mrgreen:
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:41 am

Great Collier article man. And the chapter thing is great, continue with it. Have fun in China (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Jing on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:27 am

hm wtf i meant season preview
Jing

Postby ShAuN on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:46 am

Jesus christ man, your a great great writer. This dynasty looks really good. Im definatly gonna check it out alot more. Keep up the good work.
ShAuN

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:47 pm

Yo yo yo.. checking in from China! As I told my friends... this is a rare opportunity for me! lol

Anyways.. to Cloudy... stopped by HK for like 45 minutes before going to a place I don't know how to spell. Starts with S and its like 45 minutes drive out of HK... And we stayed overnight before going to Guangzhou! Anyways.. wats good is that I get to watch the NBA every morning... Lag free! :roll:

Oh yeh.. and after Rockets Boston, got to watch Liverpool vs. Chelsea! Yay... thats bout it... lol Would have rather watched Lakers Bucks today but Beggers cant be choosers!

I doubt i will get to play basketball in china anyways... but im probably not missing out on much... the weather is quite cold. But it would be better than listening to my mom talking to my aunts about not letting me have a gf... (she doesnt know lots of things!) and a lot of things like how she thinks im a very bad kid and stuff like that haha

Well, I will be back to update this and time is counting down to my return. Btw, I'm writing my chapters everyday so that when I come back I can start typing them up to release every 2-3 days... hope you will enjoy!

But while I'm gone... I hope you guys can do me a favour and tell me what you think of the title of this thread and what it means?
Fresh8

Postby Jing on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:15 am

well yeah man, its winter in china.
you know what, you trip is reminding me of my trip back to china during the summer. take many pictures man!
Jing

Postby The_Flying_Tomato on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:09 am

Well I'm confused about the "part 1" thing. Part 1 of what and how many? And by legend, you usually think players, but I suppose it could count as meaning GM
benji wrote:We're still on that stupidity? Giving Kidd the MVP in 2002 is as bad as giving Nash the MVP in any year...

Controversial Clippers
The_Flying_Tomato

Postby H Rock on Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:50 pm

I've read your previous dynasties before I registered, and I loved them. I love this one even more. (Y)
H Rock

Postby Laxation on Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:53 pm

this dynasty looks really great, its so much fun reading your chapters.

you should continue with the chapters, yet also post short recaps of games (Y)
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:19 am

Nice to hear that you are having fun in China man! Sent you a PM by the way :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:46 pm

Hello all... checking in from China... just checking in briefly lol

Chapter 2 is done... written of course and yes... this will be updated in 2 and a half weeks...

To Henry... sorry mate but dont have time to help u out. Get my CF from The X or Weaver...

Gots to go! Sit.
Fresh8

Postby Isaiah on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:21 pm

hey hope everything is great in China...

cant wait for Chapter 2!

Isaiah

Postby The_Flying_Tomato on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:45 am

Yeah, your story, though rather dumb(7/11? I mean, c'mon...) intrigues me. I'll be waiting. Couple more weeks...

Controversial Clippers
The_Flying_Tomato

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame