::: A Legend Is Born ::: (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Are you looking forward to the release of A Legend Is Born Part II?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 73

Postby zmac on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Ohhh some attitude from Harrington....maybe a hint ur gonna trade him.

Crazy recap yet again! Keep em coming.
ImageImageImageImage
www.myspace.com/zmac24
zmac

Postby H Rock on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:03 pm

That is amazing.
H Rock

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:08 pm

Hawks Win Close Contest
Super Sub Rookie Saves Hawks In Waning Minutes

ABOVE: Salim Stoudamire (20) knocks down the
game winning shot just before he is fouled by Chris Paul (3)

30 Oct, Atlanta AP – Former NBA player Jason Collier and the victims of Hurricane Katrina were remembered during an emotional pre-game service that set off the 2005-06 NBA season on a solemn note. After that, it was all fun and games as the Atlanta Hawks survived a Hornets comeback to clinch the first game of the season.

Atlanta star players Al Harrington and newly signed Joe Johnson scored 23 points apiece as the two players showcased their talent in front of the sell-out crowd at the Phillip’s Arena. The duo helped fuel a 20-2 scoring run to start the game. Harrington and Johnson remained hot for the first half before they both started to cool down in the third period. As coach Mike Woodson had noted, “Al and Joe were great. They probably scored 40 points in the first half but then in the second, they were cold.”

Johnson said, “Al and I missed easy baskets in the second half. I think we just ran too hard early in the game. That’s why the Hornets found a way back into the match.”

Rookie Chris Paul led the Hornets with a 10 points, 6 rebound,. 4 assist and 3 steal performance. The Wake Forest standout often found it tough as he began his mission to adjust to the speed of the NBA game. “He’s (Paul) getting there, I think he just needs a bit more game experience,” Sophomore JR Smith said of his teammate, “He’s a smart kid and I think he will be a star sooner or later.” PJ Brown led the Hornets in scoring with 16 points as he was one of six players who scored in double figures.

The Hornets never led in the game until the fourth quarter. After the visitors finished the third period strong on an 8-0 scoring run, they added another 12 straight points to pull up into the lead with a 84-85 score line. With 4:41 left in the game, Tyronn Lue went coast to coast and put his team ahead by one. On the following play, Chris Paul was fouled hard and sent to the line. Once he had tied the game by scoring one of his two free shots, Hawks coach Mike Woodson called for a time out and surprise substitution.

Salim Stoudamire entered the game for the Hornets. He put on a shooting clinic for the other side as he matched every Hornets’ basket made and kept the home side tied with the visitors. With 1:03 to play, Stoudamire made a tough leaning jumper over Chris Paul to tie the game at 94-94. Zaza Pachulia then blocked David West’s shot attempt with 42.4 seconds on the clock. Joe Johnson quickly carried the ball up to the other end and passed it into Harrington who opted to pass it back out to Stoudamire. Instead of shooting the ball, Stoudamire quickly passed it to an open Johnson. Joe Johnson; the NBA’s leading three point shooter last season, missed the three point attempt horribly. Speedy Claxton caught the rebound an turned to take the ball up to the other end. Salim Stoudamire then came to save the day by sprinting up the court and stripping the ball from Claxton’s hands. The rookie then took the ball back up and shot from behind the arc. The shot was good and Chris Paul was called for a foul, hence resulting in Stoudamire converting the game winning four point play.

“It was an exciting first game to start the NBA season,” GM Will Sit said in a post game press conference, “This is an encouraging sign for the rest of the season.”

Notes

Jason Collier’s widow and daughter both attended the pre game service in memory of the former NBA big man… The Hawks had a record sell out crowd for the game… PF Al Harrington and PG Joe Johnson combined for 43 of the Hawks’ 59 first half points…

Box Score

Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:29 pm

Jing wrote:goddamn.. now thats a story right there.
drama between al and stuff about collier... shit man (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

- Thanks Jing... I hope you enjoy the story... and it gets deeper as it goes on! :)

Henry wrote:Amazing story Sit... nice to have you back

- Thanks Thierry, its good to be back!

Jugs wrote:Make sure Woodson gives Childress plenty of playing time

- We will see how he does compared to Salim. I like Stoudamire cause he can shoot (Y) Childress is... well.. I dunno what I like about him!

PHX4LIFE wrote:SIT I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABIES. Awesome stuff with ma boy, Salim. Make sure Salim's a key role

- Ahem... I will pass on giving you my sperm... anyways. For Salim, I'm sure he's gonna be a good bench player!

zmac wrote:Ohhh some attitude from Harrington....maybe a hint ur gonna trade him.

- Maybe and maybe not... and Chapter 3 is coming out soon!
Fresh8

Postby Jing on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:04 am

nice recap... hm. isnt salim lefty?
Jing

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:41 am

Great recap Sit (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Desire (2017), Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby pHLo on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:41 am

yeah, cool recap :)

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby Jugs on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:25 am

Good recap, JJ and AL were cold in the second half (N)

But you still got the win, thanks to Salim. And I'll be happy if Childress is atleast a 6th man (Y)
Jugs

Postby ShAuN on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:45 am

GREAT recap man....Good job keep up the good work man
ShAuN

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Jing wrote:nice recap... hm. isnt salim lefty?

- Yeh, the database must not have been edited lol

Jugs wrote:JJ and AL were cold in the second half

But you still got the win, thanks to Salim. And I'll be happy if Childress is atleast a 6th man

- Damn JJ and AL! They stink! Oh yeah... Childress is a starter for sure! Dont worry bout that!

Anyways fellas... got some good news! I made it into Uni! This is pretty freaking awesome considering the fact that I failed maths and it pulled my entrance marks down heaps... Now that I am doing Arts (Yes, Arts! Im a dumbass! lol)... if I do well in my first two semesters, I may be able to upgrade into Laws... which is where I want to be headed! :)
Fresh8

Postby Ty-Land on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:49 pm

Congrats on making it into uni! I'm an arts student myself and it's good shit. Not too many hours, fridays off etc. Couldn't ask for too much more! I'm actually trying the law transfer as well, find out the next couple of days whether I'm doing arts/law next year or 3rd year arts. Hopefully the prior...

Love this dynasty mate, my clear favourite at the moment, the writing is top shit, very realistic IMHO!
Ty-Land
Spacewolf

Postby Jing on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 pm

ah yeah congrats though have fun living at home :lol:
Jing

Postby The X on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:34 pm

congrats mate :P just use Kobe's old Nike motto "Just believe in yourself" and you'll be fine....

nice dynasty writing as well
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:20 pm

Chapter 3

Losses were coming left, right and centre for the Hawks. Atlanta was riding a three game losing streak and after a 102-109 loss to the Seattle Supersonics, the team was kept back and punished by Coach Mike Woodson. Will Sit watched on as the players were forced to work on drills after the game on the Key Arena floor. The players’ faces displayed expressions of pain as their physical ability were blatantly being stretch to the limit by the tough coach’s orders.
“Down for twenty!” Woodson exclaimed after Josh Childress fumbled the ball on his lay up attempt.
Everyone let out a collective sigh before getting down on all fours to start their twenty push-ups. It was a while before they had all finished and resumed the lay up drill.
“I want one hundred percent accuracy,” Woodson commanded boldly, “We can’t afford to miss any more lay ups, just like in tonight’s game.”
The drill went smoothly but rather slowly for another five minutes and Woodson was satisfied to change the drill. Rookie Marvin Williams then slipped and missed his lay up. Woodson’s eyes bulged and his fists were clenched tightly.
The coach screamed in anger, “Down for thirty!”
The players groaned and half of them glared angrily toward Williams. Everyone started their new set of push ups and did them as silently as they could. In the midst of the grunts of the players doing their push ups, there was a sudden cry of pain that filled the air. The assistant coaches ran on to the court from the sideline to see what was going on.
“It’s only a cramp!” One of the assistant coaches yelled to Woodson who was standing on the sideline with his hands folded on his chest.
Sit pounced from behind the door where he was hiding and sprinted onto the basketball court. He pointed at Woodson as he passed him and said in a stern voice, “Look what you’ve done now.”
Sit knelt beside the fallen Salim Stoudamire who was evidently in a lot of pain. The point guard was clutching his right leg and shaking uncontrollably. Sweat dripped from his forehead as Sit examined him, noticing that his leg was very stiff.
“How much water have you had?” Sit asked him.
“Nothing since the game ended,” Stammered the shaking Stoudamire.
“Take him to the locker room,” Sit told the players.
Josh Smith and Josh Childress helped their team mate off towards the visitor’s changing room. Sit rose to meet Woodson in the eye. He approached the coach slowly, his dark, pinstripe suit making him look slightly taller than usual. Sit’s black leather shoes didn’t make a sound as he walked forwards.
“Are you trying to kill these guys?”
Woodson shuffled backwards and replied, “This is how I coach. No one tells me what to do.”
Sit looked up at the taller man and barked, “These guys have just come out of a game and you give them drills for an extra two hours. This is inhumane and negligent!”
“They lose and they pay the price,” Woodson stated calmly, “Don’t get involved in this business Sit. You have no right nor no idea on what happens when you’re a coach. You’re only a GM… mate.”
Woodson put extra emphasis on the word ‘mate’ and Sit shoved Woodson forcefully. A few of the players stepped in quickly and held Sit back.
Sit struggled to get to Woodson and he shouted out aloud, “I’d be dead too if I’ve been playing for four f*cking hours.”
Woodson chuckled, “What happened to winning? How can we win if we don’t play well? If you want to win so much, this is the price you pay for it.”
Sit had nothing to say to respond to it.
“Hypocrite.”
Sit thrashed around in the arms of the players holding him back from throwing a fist in Woodson’s face. Woodson laughed before turning to leave; his accusation of Sit being a hypocrite had had the affect that he had hoped to see. As he reached the entrance to the foyer that led to the changing rooms, he turned around.
“You can’t sack me or sue me because I’ve done nothing wrong,” Woodson taunted Sit.

Sit sat in rhe warmth of his office, reading the many faxes he had received from the other teams. Rubbish, he thought, as he scrunched up a fax from Mitch Kupchak of the LA Lakers who had offered Devean George for a first round draft pick. There was a knock on the door and it opened to reveal Sit’s secretary.
“Mr Wilson is here to see you sit,” She announced in her soft, soothing voice.
Sit groaned and signalled for her to call Rob Wilson in. Wilson stomped inside and threw a folio of documents onto Sit’s desk.
“How many times do I have to tell you?” Wilson questioned.
Wilson couldn’t see Sit’s face as he continued to look down at his desk, ignoring the presence of the senior board member.
“Don’t pretend I’m not here boy. Your ideas are stupid. They stink!”
Sit kept his temper on its leash and tried to keep focusing on his paperwork. Wilson’s words echoed in the background, the man’s voice booming and bouncing off of the walls of the room.
“You’re not good enough to work here. You don’t belong here. You don’t have the experience, the skill or the qualifications. Heck, you don’t even have status! Are your family refugees or something?”
Sit glanced up, angered by the cutting remarks Wilson had spoken to him.
Wilson added, “I don’t know how you keep your job.”
“Say that again!” Sit challenged and slapped his right hand on the desk, quickly rising out of his seat.
“I said,” Wilson paused in between, “I don’t know how you keep your job!”
Sit took a few steps to his right and picked up a golf club. He stared at Wilson who was slowly moving away from where Sit was standing. Wilson took one step backward every time Sit moved one forward.
“Don’t you dare,” Wilson warned Sit, his voice quivering.
Sit walked forwards gathering pace. Wilson backed himself into the wall as Sit swung the club behind his head. As Sit got closer and closer, Wilson covered his face with both of his arms. Wilson shook in sheer terror and in anticipation of pain as he waited for Sit’s club to meet him. There was a loud noise and Wilson quickly moved his arms away from in front of his head. Surprisingly, there was no blood or pain and Woodson looked around the empty room. Wilson opened the door quickly and saw Sit leave the office foyer to enter the lift, with the golf club over his shoulder.

“You know Albino,” Sit told John O’Shea, “It’s really hard not to be tempted to hit Wilson and Woodson.”
He swung at the small, white ball and it went up into the air, falling back down onto the green. O’Shea positioned himself behind his ball and prepared to take his shot.
“I guess you just got to persevere. The job isn’t easy, you know.”
“I hate egos.”
O’Shea muttered quietly to himself, “Not like you don’t have one.”
“What did you say Albino?”
“Nothing.”
O’Shea his ball and the small sphere sailed into the air and back down for a hole in one.
“Harrington still giving you trouble?”
Sit thought about it, “Not really, I wonder what’s up with that.”
“Maybe he’s over it,” O’Shea warned, “But just be wary of the things that go on around here. I don’t think many people like you and they don’t want you around anymore.”
“You don’t say,” Sit said as he swung the club at the ball that fell short of its mark.
“Tell me why we are here again Sit?”
“Because I suck at golf.”
O’Shea sighed and responded, “Well here’s news for you. You suck at mini golf too.”

“Why you late?”
Sit sat down in his courtside seat with the fourth quarter just underway.
“What are you wearing?”
Sit’s Kobe Bryant jersey helped him stand out amongst the crowd’s sea of red and yellow. Rob Wilson didn’t look impressed and he was going to give Sit a lot of slack for it. Sit knew it was coming.
“I wear what I want,” Sit said.
“And you call yourself a part of this organisation,” Sneered Wilson.
Wilson added, “Oh, I support Kobe. I’m a hypocrite,” in a mocking tone.
Sit kept on watching the game and Wilson kept provoking him. The Hawks were down by 6 points with roughly eight minutes left in the ball game. Al Harrington had the ball down low and looked around the perimeter for some options. Joe Johnson cut from one side of the court to the other, shaking off his defender. Harrington faked the pass and pivoted to square up in front of the hook. He took one dribble and leapt towards the basket before Knicks’ big man Eddy Curry swatted the ball from behind.
Woodson cursed loudly and called out to Harrington, “That’s not going to get you anywhere boy!”
The Hawks played worse as time wound down with Harrington missing three straight shots. As the game got to the two minute mark and the Knicks were leading by fifteen, Woodson called for a timeout.
“Williams, get in for Al,” He ordered.
Harrington spotted Sit in his seat close to the Hawks’ bench and shouted, “Traitor!”
Woodson clicked his fingers and called out, “Hey, hey, hey! Don’t get distracted. Concentrate on the game and not some useless man.”
Sit shouted back over the deafening boo from the crowd, “Oh yeah, why is that?”
Woodson turned to face Sit who had already gotten out of his own seat. The spectators around Sit had grown silent, waiting to see and hear what the commotion was all about.
“Mr Sit, don’t get too cocky for being our GM because the fact still remains that you are full of shit.”
Sit laughed, “That’s’ probably because I got a shit board, shit coach and a shit star players who can’t make a lay up. And I got all of them to help me lose every game of the season!”
The few who had chosen to listen in were stunned to hear Sit’s comments. The players on the Hawks bench and the people sitting near it were all in a shocked silence.
Sit added, “If it wasn’t for the fact that I am here, all of you wouldn’t be playing here right now. I own all of your asses!”

“Well, there seems to be a problem here with the Atlanta Hawks. On the sideline in front of their bench it seems that a small Asian man in a Kobe jersey is having a shouting match with the coach of the Atlanta Hawks,” Charles Barkley spoke into his mic, “We have Mike who is now courtside. Mike, what is going on down there near the Hawks’ bench?”
“Charles, there is only little less than two minutes remaining in the game and the Knicks are winning 92 to 77. It seems that GM of the Hawks; Will Sit, has started to argue with Mike Woodson; the Hawks’ coach.”
Charles Barkley then blurted out, “Hold on Mike, look there! Al Harrington appears to be challenging someone to fight.”
Mike turned around and the cameraman zoomed in toward the sideline close to the home team’s bench.
Mike then said, “Looks like Will Sit has taken up the challenge.”
There was a slight pause before Mike added, “Ouch, now that’s got to hurt.”
“Will Sit has just been nailed down by Al Harrington,” A grinning Barkley stated, enjoying the show.
“He’s out cold...” Mike reported.
Sit’s body lay motionless on the sideline as Harrington was being restrained.
Charles Barkley announced, “I think we should go to a short break” before he joked, “TKO!”
Fresh8

Postby Jugs on Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:48 pm

Very Very nice chapter 3... Looks like trouble is lurking in Atlantaland...

I hope you get an ice pack for sit :mrgreen:
Jugs

Postby Mark. on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:39 pm

Awesome man great read, Cant wait to see what happens next
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby H Rock on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:40 pm

Oohh...the suspense.

Did it hurt, by the way? :lol:
H Rock

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:50 am

Ohhhhh! Tough punch by Al :lol: Amazing chapter 3.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Desire (2017), Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Jing on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:55 am

haha man so nice.. suspense... drama... the golf club. (Y)
Jing

Postby Keo on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:39 am

Man, Sit that was a great read. (Y) Looks like a lot of trouble going around, hopefully the team can learn to cooperate but I doubt that will happen. I guess changes need to made. Can't wait for more!
Keo

Postby ShAuN on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:31 am

Nice article man....Its great. Harrington is a dick....LoL
ShAuN

Postby The_Flying_Tomato on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:32 am

*harrington has 1 year left on his contract

good read from a good writer. What happened to ma boy Salim?
benji wrote:We're still on that stupidity? Giving Kidd the MVP in 2002 is as bad as giving Nash the MVP in any year...

Controversial Clippers
The_Flying_Tomato

Postby zakIrah on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:06 pm

this is the bomb. so much attention to detail and just plain awesome mate (Y)
zakIrah

Postby Laxation on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:38 pm

i love this dynasty. awesome read, i cant wait for the season to continue.
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:44 pm

Good to have you going on full cylinders here Sit! Now that I'm around more, (again don't count last year, last year sucked for me) I'll be staying in tune with the rockin dynasties here on the Dynasty thread...and yours is always up there with the popular ones. :)

Haven't seen you on Messenger much... it must be the time difference.
HonorGlow

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame