X's Blazers Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Mark. on Mon May 01, 2006 8:28 pm

:applaud: Well done X, your top 25 now :D

And to go off topic,

Whats the process for determining the use of Cash on Property Plant and Equipment?? I cant be bothered finding it in the textbook and its sooo long ago that I got taught this :P
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Mon May 01, 2006 8:38 pm

Mark. wrote: :applaud: Well done X, your top 25 now :D

And to go off topic,

Whats the process for determining the use of Cash on Property Plant and Equipment?? I cant be bothered finding it in the textbook and its sooo long ago that I got taught this :P

cheers....will probably be knocked out of the top 25 within the next day or two though, but I can bask in my glory in the meantime :lol:

as for your query, I wouldn't have a clue....are you talking about a Return on Asset like ratio?!? but instead of Return on Assets, it would be Retun on P,P&E....just replace the ROA with P,P&E in the ratio formula & that should do the trick....am not sure if that is what you were querying or not....otherwise, haven't come across as don't need to :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Mon May 01, 2006 8:41 pm

:lol: I thought you were an accountant :p Nah jst jokes, its just stuff that we were taught in 6th and 7th form, but odnt owrry I found the template in the book, its for working out the figures to go in the statement of cash flows (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Mon May 01, 2006 8:44 pm

Mark. wrote::lol: I thought you were an accountant :p Nah jst jokes, its just stuff that we were taught in 6th and 7th form, but odnt owrry I found the template in the book, its for working out the figures to go in the statement of cash flows (Y)

okay, you didn't say it was for the cash flow statement, that's not too hard....just accounting for movement of P,P&E a/c & remembering to adjust for purchases & disposals etc etc

honestly I don't think I've used it since 6th & 7th form :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 01, 2006 9:05 pm

Yeah.. 33-20 was very low scoring... lets just say i took the privelege of calling all the timeouts i could take so that i shaved 2 minutes off each quarter... games started 2 minutes alte and game doesnt stop. And we our big man took 20 seconds to shoot each free throw of his. And he had maybe 8 free throw attempts... Man u shoulda sen my three steals and three fast break layups in the last quarter... for seconds we thought we had a new chance of winning but the other team made two threes :( But we're still pumped about my reverse against two defenders haha (Y)

With the full court press... only play that if you have a real good intimidating defender and two good trappers and your teammates are good anticipators and can read the offence. Otherwise, it's hard to pull off especially since you say you guys are unfit.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Mon May 01, 2006 9:32 pm

I don't think we will ever play full court press unless we have to in the closing minute of a close game....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 01, 2006 9:37 pm

Stick with the zone... hey, do you know how a 1-2-2 zone works? Ive heard that its good against good shooting teams.

And how effective can a Box and 1 be?
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon May 01, 2006 9:52 pm

Sit wrote:Stick with the zone... hey, do you know how a 1-2-2 zone works? Ive heard that its good against good shooting teams.

And how effective can a Box and 1 be?

I'd say a Box and 1 would be more effective against good shooting teams than the 1-2-2, although I couldn't be sure considering I haven't played in either defenses....1-2-2 would essentially be someone out top at 3pt line, 2 guys at the elbows or in-line with the elbows, depending how tight you want the zone to be....& the final 2 would be near the hoop on either side of the paint....that's what I'd assume it is....check out NBA Live for a pictorial of it....but I'd say against good shooting teams, a 1-3-1, a 3-2 or a Box and 1 would be fine....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon May 01, 2006 10:05 pm

hey guys, I edited the scoreboard....for some strange reason, I gave the results on whether I made the playoffs or not....funnily enough, I haven't even simmed April '07 yet, so I don't know myself....I should really stop assuming these things....assumption is the mother of all f-ups after all :roll:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 01, 2006 10:08 pm

I was thinking about that making the playoffs thing... wat were u smoking X?

And yeh man... the 1-2-2 is just how u explained it... i was just wanting to know if u knew how the players move in it?

and I think we would go with a box and 1... (Y)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon May 01, 2006 10:14 pm

Sit wrote:I was thinking about that making the playoffs thing... wat were u smoking X?

And yeh man... the 1-2-2 is just how u explained it... i was just wanting to know if u knew how the players move in it?

and I think we would go with a box and 1... (Y)

I'd assume they'd move just like a normal zone....if ball goes left, zone moves left, etc, etc....as with all zones, it depends how far you want to extend it....against a shooting team, you'd have it so that the zone movement extended out to the 3pt line....however I don't think this zone would solve the problem of containing outside shooters....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Mon May 01, 2006 10:19 pm

Wow, who would've thought the Blazers would go 6-1 and place themselves 8th in the Western Conference. Nice month indeed. Kirk Hinrich got Player of the month, who would've guessed.
Jugs

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 01, 2006 10:32 pm

The X wrote:I'd assume they'd move just like a normal zone....if ball goes left, zone moves left, etc, etc....as with all zones, it depends how far you want to extend it....against a shooting team, you'd have it so that the zone movement extended out to the 3pt line....however I don't think this zone would solve the problem of containing outside shooters....

- I've thought about that and the main thing is we want to force them to pass inside cause they got a very weak big man. So i was thinking more man-on-man than zone. But I'm scared that my team's inexperience and lack of quickness will get exploited. The team we play has 5 very quick guards and their forwards are pretty good shooters too... Maybe a trap can help?
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue May 02, 2006 2:18 am

Nice job X... 6-1 (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Tue May 02, 2006 8:03 pm

Jugs wrote:Wow, who would've thought the Blazers would go 6-1 and place themselves 8th in the Western Conference. Nice month indeed. Kirk Hinrich got Player of the month, who would've guessed.

you would've thought it Jugs....I do recall you have a certain sig line that said the Blazers would win the 2007 Playoffs....they still might :wink:

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:I'd assume they'd move just like a normal zone....if ball goes left, zone moves left, etc, etc....as with all zones, it depends how far you want to extend it....against a shooting team, you'd have it so that the zone movement extended out to the 3pt line....however I don't think this zone would solve the problem of containing outside shooters....

- I've thought about that and the main thing is we want to force them to pass inside cause they got a very weak big man. So i was thinking more man-on-man than zone. But I'm scared that my team's inexperience and lack of quickness will get exploited. The team we play has 5 very quick guards and their forwards are pretty good shooters too... Maybe a trap can help?

don't go man-to-man, you'll get ripped apart....unless your team is good at playing switch defense....it's not too hard to do, but for inexperienced players it might be....as for the zone, most zones can be broken down with 2 good passes....a trap could work as they might be quick, but how do they handle the ball....I would try & pressure their weak points....I've found in my league that the very quick guards tend to be mediocre ballhandlers....they move quicker than they can handle I guess....a bit of defensive pressure & intensity can cause some turnovers & fast break baskets....I'm sure you'll work it out :wink:

Thierry² wrote:Nice job X... 6-1 (Y)

cheers :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue May 02, 2006 9:42 pm

Their team has four very good ballhandlers... all have played PG for rep teams.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue May 02, 2006 10:14 pm

Sit wrote:Their team has four very good ballhandlers... all have played PG for rep teams.

if they're PG's for rep teams they should really be able to break any zone you put forward....I'd consider using the 1-3-1 in this case, provided you have an athletic, fit, rangey person (like Mike Gansey) to play out-front....you only really see this defense played a little bit in college, but not in the NBA, due to the strength of forwards in the NBA....I like the 1-3-1....if it's not working for you by half-time, switch it up to that....and don't put a PG out at the top, put your best defensive player out there....

good luck, sounds like you'll need it....too bad you're still underage, or I might consider coming down there & helping out :lol: although couldn't do it this Friday anyways, considering it's the gf's b-day & all....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue May 09, 2006 8:26 pm

Sorry I haven't had a chance to update this dynasty....I've been very busy with work deadlines, family dramas, relationship dramas, tight study deadlines & schedules & so on....I have however started to do DBF-editing in anticipation of the scouting....

I don't know how much time I will have in future, but I will continue dynasty regardless, in whatever shape or form....I might have to slice 'n dice a few things, but we'll see....any suggestions would be appreciated....

cheers
X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Tue May 09, 2006 8:30 pm

Yeah dude im in a similar situation, ya just do what ya can eh.

X's Sig wrote:Fighting Irish Watch: Record: 1-0, tight defense helped Irish win a sloppy, low-scoring game by 9pts. X's Stat Line: 14pts, 14rebs (played point forward).
X's Season Averages: 14.0ppg, 14.0rpg, 2.0apg, 3.0spg, 1.0bpg, 1.0TOpg

Nice stuff on the win, do you get all your stats recorded? thats pretty efficient ball handling, what was the end score?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Tue May 09, 2006 8:57 pm

Mark. wrote:Yeah dude im in a similar situation, ya just do what ya can eh.

X's Sig wrote:Fighting Irish Watch: Record: 1-0, tight defense helped Irish win a sloppy, low-scoring game by 9pts. X's Stat Line: 14pts, 14rebs (played point forward).
X's Season Averages: 14.0ppg, 14.0rpg, 2.0apg, 3.0spg, 1.0bpg, 1.0TOpg

Nice stuff on the win, do you get all your stats recorded? thats pretty efficient ball handling, what was the end score?

final score was only 30-21....lowest scoring, most ugly game I've ever been involved in (previous one was a 28-29 loss in grade 11)....as for the stats, the only stat that is really kept is scoring....that will be an accurate stat....the other ones are estimates & from memory....like I remember getting a few steals, blocking a shot, only turning it over once....rebounds, who bloody knows....teammate told me I was controlling boards & had at least double figures....so take them with a grain of salt if you like :lol: I had 8pts in 4th quarter to seal the win....my mid-range game has come back which is good :P

game was really low-scoring because 2 of the 5 guys have never played bball before, 1 of the 5 hasn't played since high school....he's pretty good, but he was very, very rusty, but he'll get better....I put in a very tight 2-3 zone that was meant to keep scoring down & I slowed pace of game down as often as possible & called a few timeouts whilst the clock kept going, plus the game started 5 minutes late, but they had already started the clock....I think it's reasonable to say that I think we will regularly crack the 40pt mark....

2nd game of season is tomorrow night, but we're playing a tougher team so it will be interesting....

EDIT: I had to do a lot of ballhandling (not all of it) due to the other guys just being terrible & turning it over all the time....I am not fast, but I use change of pace, side-stepping, etc (kinda like how Andrew Gaze & Larry Bird probably use to play, by using deception as a weapon) to help me advance the ball....I also used my big, wide body to shield the ball....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Srbija on Tue May 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Cool stuff (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Mark. on Tue May 09, 2006 9:12 pm

Nice, yeah, im sorta the opposite, got the speed, but my handles arent really Point Guard Calibre, but im working on them, I just get the ball up fast then try set up from there, get mroe tiem to work with.

Yucky low scoring games, spose when I played High School we scored in the 50-70 point mark, and when I played in the senior grade in ashburton our team we entered eclipsed the 100 point mark once or twice, only when we were on fire from down town

I look forward to hearing the result from tomorrow night (Y)
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Tue May 09, 2006 9:36 pm

yep....will let you know....most games last season we scored in the 50s, some a little lower, some a little higher....

but new mediocre team, I'm not setting my expectations too high....but that 29pt game was a learning experience....

I also bring ball up fast :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Anthony15 on Wed May 10, 2006 8:05 am

GJ on #25, isn't very good for a Good 29 page dynasty, though!
Anthony15

Postby The X on Wed May 10, 2006 9:58 pm

Anthony15 wrote:GJ on #25, isn't very good for a Good 29 page dynasty, though!

that's a backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one :cry:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame