Bless my palm with SILVER baby..<Summer break...>

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby gezus on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:41 am

Round 2 Predictions...

WEST
TWolves win 4-2
Grizzlies win 4-3

EAST
Detroit wins 4-1
New York wins 4-3
gezus

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:42 am

The Grizzlies upset the Suns 4-3 :shock: Congrats on advancing to the next round, I figured it was going to happen because you had complete control of the series. Now its time to go after those Luv-A-Bulls :lol:

Twolves in 6
Grizzlies in 7

Detroit in 5
New York in 6
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby gezus on Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:30 am

Good picks Batman....I like them.
gezus

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:54 pm

The Grizzlies upset the Suns 4-3 Congrats on advancing to the next round, I figured it was going to happen because you had complete control of the series. Now its time to go after those Luv-A-Bulls

Not so LUV-a-Bulls in the Big Apple... MJ's 50s in the Garden still hurt... :lol:

OKAY PEOPLE, START VOTING FOR ROUND TWO: YOU HAVE 24 HOURS BEFORE I POST THE NEXT GAME UPDATE... MAY LADY LUCK BE WITH YOU...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby The X on Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:28 pm

X's PREDICTIONS

T'wolves beat Kings 4-3
Rockets beat Grizzlies 4-2
Pistons beat Cavs 4-2
Knicks beat Bulls 4-2
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:24 pm

Jugs Predictions -

Timberwolves beat Kings 4-1
Rockets beat Grizzlies 4-3
Pistons beat Cavs 4-0
Bulls beat Knicks 4-3
Jugs

Postby Sac-1 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:29 pm

Timberwolves vs. Kings 2-4
Rockets vs. Grizzlies 4-1
Pistons vs. Cavaliers 4-0
Bulls vs. Knicks 3-4
Sac-1

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:21 am

Keep 'em coming, boys... just 12 hours or so before Round 2 begins...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby COOLmac© on Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:52 am

this is a cool concept DW....seems like you're getting creative by the minute....is the NLSC creative groove gotten into your veins? anyways i am very busy right now...just got promoted :) ...everytime i hit the sack i just sleep....cant even drink the gin/vodka shots i usually do everynight (less time for love, less time for games).....hope you will do good here in the dynasty stories section :wink: goodluck (Y) (Y) (Y)
MY FORUMS [u pinoy? go here!]/YES COOLmac's WHITEmen DYNASTY!!!
coolmac's weekly random lyrics #23 I'm dumb she's a lesbian. i thought i have found the one
coolmac's law of plain logical events #479 use common sense, you need to sleep to live
COOLmac©

Postby Mark. on Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:38 pm

Grrr I hate work, this is two dynasties ive forgot to do predictions for, let alone actually read the recaps.

Knicks looking strong though, JC's assists numbers are good too.

"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:58 pm

Here are the standings in the playoffs predictions competition after Round 1 of the playoffs:

1. Sit - 12 pts

-. Gezus - 12 pts

3. magadaq25 - 11 pts

4. sac-1 - 10 pts

5. The X - 8 pts

6. pHLo - 7pts

Round 2 updates coming up soon...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:13 pm

Game 1 – Eastern Semifinals: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (Series at 0 – 0)

The Bulls came into the series strong and on fire from beuond the 18 feet area, where they scored most of their points during Game 1. Ben Gordon had a great scoring night putting up 37 points, all of them in the 35 minutes he was on the floor in the first 3 quarters. Eddy Curry dominated Magloire on offnse with 18 points and on the board with 16 grabs, all the while Kirk Hinrich was leading them from the point, with 9assists. Lamar Odom’s fine performance with 22pts-13rebs-8ast went unnoticed as Chicago coasted to victory.

ImageImage

Result: Chicago easily wins 98 – 112, leads the series 1-0 and steals homecourt advantage away from New York.

Game 2 – Eastern Semifinals: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (Bulls lead series 1-0)

The Knicks took sweet revenge for their blowout loss in game 1, giving the dumbfounded Bulls a taste of their own, bitter medicine. Odom once again was the leader on the floor for the Knicks, with 28 points and 8 rebounds. Brian Grant reappeared after nearly 2 weeks of injury-caused absence, and had 15 points and 11 rebounds in just 18 minutes off the bench. Chicago’s peripheral game was shutout this time, with both Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordon being unable to mount any semblance of a consistent shooting effort.

ImageImage

Result: New York comes out the victor, 108 – 92, ties up the series at 1 game apiece, and will go to Chicago to try to steal homecourt back in one of the next 2 games.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Jugs on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:35 pm

yay 3rd place is magadaG :!: 25

C'MON BULLS! :P
Jugs

Postby gezus on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:37 pm

hopefully it stays even the rest of the way, with NY coming out on top in the end.
gezus

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:39 pm

gezus wrote:hopefully it stays even the rest of the way, with NY coming out on top in the end.

hey gezus, you didn't vote for the second Round... do it now and you still have a chance of winning!!!
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby The X on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:45 pm

nice to see the old Knicks-Bulls rivalry revisited (Y) 8-)

a 1-1 split....this looks to be an interesting series....I'm hoping Hinrich wipes the floor with you :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:41 pm

nice to see the old Knicks-Bulls rivalry revisited

No MJ and no Pat, but it should be interesting... hopefully Ben Gordon doesn't take after Jordan and start his MSG extravaganzas...

I'm hoping Hinrich wipes the floor with you

I'll squash the whit eboy before that happens... I'll throw my defensive behemoth at him (namely Eric Piatkowski... :lol: )
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Mark. on Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:32 pm

I'm liking the recaps, I wont bother saying who I think is gonna win, I know your got that Trophy this year.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby gezus on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:52 pm

DW,
I did too vote, its at the top of this page....I think I was the first one to vote for round two...

Let me know if you can't see it.
gezus

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:21 pm

DW,
I did too vote, its at the top of this page....I think I was the first one to vote for round two...

Indeed, my mistake... :oops:
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 pm

Game 3 – Eastern Semifinals: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (series tied at 1-1)

An easy stroll through the United Center was game 3 for the Knicks, who took it to the Bulls from th every start and never really looked back, after securing a double-digit lead as early as 7 minutes into the game. Odom scored 27 pts and had 9 assists to go along, all the while his frontcourt mate Jamaal Magloire crashed the boards 22 times, 15 in the second half! From the disappointing Bulls, only Kirk Hinrich tried with 15 points and 7 assists, but all the rest where sleeping throughout.

Result: New York wins in a blow-out fashion, destroying the Bulls 78 – 109 and tkes back the lead and homecourt in the series.

ImageImage

Game 4 – Eastern Semifinals: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (Knicks lead series 2-1)

Another impressive display by the Knicks in Chicago, that had the Bulls fan booing and jeering their own players towards the end… New York had validated opinions that they are indeed a playoff team, after their second consecutive playoff rout of Chicago, again on the road. This time around it was Jamal Crawford and Tim Thomas that carried the offensive load on offence, while Magloire and Derek fisher were doing a nice job on defence, containing Hinrich’s and Gordon’s shooting, shutting them down in result.

Result: New York takes the game with another blowout score of 80 – 101, and now leads convincingly 3-1, with the momentum clearly on their side.

ImageImage

Game 5 – Eastern Semifinals: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (Knicks lead series 3-1)

The Bulls were touted for another blowout loss and exit from the playoffs, but they managed to put up a fine game and stay alive in their attempt to reach the Eastern Conference Finals, in their first playoff appearance in the last 8 years. Chicago’s frontcourt duo of Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry dominated the paint and combined for 43 points and 21 rebounds, making Magloire and Odom look like fools on defense most of the time. Add to this Larry Hughes’ 5/5 three pointers and his 7 assists, and you’ll understand why Allan Houston’s 28 points were far from enough to bring down the Bulls this night.

Result: Bulls win, 100 – 107, make it 3-2 and still have a chance to advance.

ImageImage
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby gezus on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:58 pm

Come on Bulls...1 more for me...then Knicks can take it...
gezus

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:28 am

I seem to have no points for the first round predictions even though I thought I voted :? Anyway, you've played these games pretty fast. Hope you can go ahead and take it though in six games.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:23 pm

Game 6– Eastern Semi-finals: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (Knicks lead series 3-2)

The Knicks weren’t about to let the Bulls come right back and even up the series, and just grinded it out for the win, their third in United Center in the past 5 days. Nothing flashy tonight, just good defense, slow tempo, limited fast breaks and control of the defensive glass brought about this well deserved victory and an equally well deserved second straight trip to the Eastern Finals. Allan Houston scored 21 points with 7/ 14 three pointers, many of them contested, all the while Jamaal Magloire was taking his revenge on Curry and Chandler, scoring 20 points and grabbing 13 boards, including 9 offensive ones. From the Bulls, who struggled with .378 FG percentage, only Larry Hughes’ 17 points were worth a mention.

Result: Knicks win 77 – 86, in a less than impressive game, and take the series 4-2, now heading into the Eastern Conference Finals.

ImageImage

Here’s how the NBA Playoff tree shaped up after Round 2:

ImageImage

The Knicks, in the Conference Finals for the second straight year, will be facing the Pistons, who dominated the East this year and are now considered the favourites to win the NBA title, especially after all the Western powerhouses were victims of playoff surprises. In the West, lower seeded teams Sacramento and Houston will duke it out for a place in the Finals, but whoever advances will not be considered favourites against either Detroit or New York.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:42 pm

Okay people, time to start voting for Round 3. 24 hours before next game recap...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame