Bless my palm with SILVER baby..<Summer break...>

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby The X on Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:26 pm

David Weaver....he seems familiar for some unknown reason :wink:

I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll read the scouting reports later :D
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:49 pm

I hope Milwaukee don't pick me because I want to play for a team where I can become a star. If Milwaukee picks me, I'm just going to take over Redd's spot :lol:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:43 pm

David Weaver....he seems familiar for some unknown reason

Oh, really... ? Given his passion for good and hard Defense, I think I'll nickname him D-Weaver... :lol:

I hope Milwaukee don't pick me because I want to play for a team where I can become a star. If Milwaukee picks me, I'm just going to take over Redd's spot

It wouldn't ,ake sense anyway for them to pick you, so I'll probably work up a trade for you to go somewhere where you can start...
These rookie patches and all have taken too much of my comp time , so I better hava as many of them start, without getting unrealistic... let's just say that this was one deep draft class... :lol:
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:00 pm

Here’s how things are shaping up in the NBA, one month prior to the regular season ending…

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Image ImageImage

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

Image Image Image

And here is the team’s Stat Sheet after March:

AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby The X on Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:03 am

D-Wolverine 99027 wrote:These rookie patches and all have taken too much of my comp time , so I better hava as many of them start, without getting unrealistic... let's just say that this was one deep draft class... :lol:

damn right....I want March Madness/NCAA game to be made on PC and I want exportable draft classes that give accurate ratings etc.... :x they do it NCAA and Madden, do they not? last time I checked they did :x

ahh well....until then, dbf editing will consume us....I still have to do ratings :cry:

I'll avoid everything else and concentrate on the most important new addition to the dynasty, the scouting reports....

observations....David Weaver looks very similar to this Hassakis guy I have in my dynasty :o although Weaver seems to not wear the goggles and appears to have a lot more range (and I mean a lot more range) than Hassakis :lol: I wonder if Weaver and Hassakis played at Stanford around the same time :drool:

next observation....I hope Frye drops down the draft to the 2nd Round :D unlikely if you have got those player values correct :wink: hope it helped....wouldn't mind knowing if I got it right or not....

final observation....sorry Ms. Jackson, your sonny boy will be leaving home for good come June....he's really got an NBA body at 6'7" and 230lbs....that's something Penny never had....Desmond "Mafia" Jackson seems like a rich man's Danny Granger to me....wonder who will end up as the better pro in your dynasty....the real Danny Granger or the rich man's version....everyone's bet has to be on Mr. Jackson....

enuff said....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:21 am

Well at least hardly any teams will be disappointed in this draft, I mean they should be happy with any person they draft now :lol:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:54 pm

Weaver seems to not wear the goggles and appears to have a lot more range (and I mean a lot more range) than Hassakis

Attempting a mid range fade-away jumper is not the same as actually making it.... :lol: it just made for a nice picture... :D

I hope Frye drops down the draft to the 2nd Round unlikely if you have got those player values correct hope it helped....wouldn't mind knowing if I got it right or not....

Nah, he's about in the same range as Weaver... 15 to 20 or somewhere...

Desmond "Mafia" Jackson seems like a rich man's Danny Granger to me....wonder who will end up as the better pro in your dynasty....the real Danny Granger or the rich man's version....everyone's bet has to be on Mr. Jackson...

Granger is projected Top 15... D-Jax is Top 5.... there's a lot of difference talent wise... D-Jax is the best thing to have happened to Memphis since the Griz made the playoffs... :lol:

Well at least hardly any teams will be disappointed in this draft, I mean they should be happy with any person they draft now

It's a deep class, just not so strong at the top... plus I left out guys like Paul, Marvin Williams, Webster, Monta Ellis, Blatche , Petro, Andriuskevicius etc for the 07 draft class...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:57 pm

April 2, 2006

Utah 107 – New York 106 (Record:42-30)
It was as close as it could get, with neither team being able to shake the other loose at any point in the game. Carlos Boozer with 26 points and 13 rebounds led the Jazz to victory, while Croatian guard Gordan Giricek seconded his efforts with another 25 points, voiding Odom’s 23 pts – 9 rebs as well as Mike Dunleavy’s quality performance off the bench, with 15 points in 21 minutes.

April 3, 2006

New York 115 – Milwaukee 88 (Record:43-30)
This one had the smell of a blowout about it ever since the first 5 minutes or so. Michael Redd was forcing shots on offense, the rest of the Bucks were in some kind of hypnotic trance unable to score or defend, all the while Jamal Crawford was having a party against TJ Ford and Maurice Williams on offense. JC finished the game with 31 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists, and Jamaal Magloire added another 20 points and 13 rebounds.

April 5, 2006

New York 94 – Milwaukee 88 (Record:44-30)
This one was much closer than the game 2 days ago, but the end result was the same: another home victory for the Knicks against the Bucks. This time around it was all due to Allan Houston’s heroics during the final minutes of the 4th quarter, that New York reached to the finishing line first. Allan had 15 of his 31 total points during that stretch, proving the fact that he is still the veteran leader of this teams , despite his 34 years of age.

April 7, 2006

New York 87 – Orlando 107 (Record:44-31)
The Knicks never really showed up to contest the Magic for victory, and especially their second half performance was pathetic. Sophomore forward/center Dwight Howard was having a blast against Lamar Odom on offense, scoring 27 points , grabbing 13 rebounds and swatting 4 of Lamar’s shots. Jamal Crawford had 22 points on 8/17 shooting, but the team’s shooting percentage of .407 proved to be the deciding factor for the loss.

April 9, 2006

New Jersey 102 – New York 97 (Record:44-32)
Another close one in the end, but despite the Knicks mounting a 4th quarter charge to come back from a double-digit deficit, the victory went to J-Kidd and company in the end. Kidd had 28 points and 8 assist, and Richard Jefferson scored 34, being the beneficiary of most of the aforementioned assists. Odom and Thomas scored 24, and Brian Grant came off the bench to put up another 11 points, but those three were the only Knicks in double figures.

April 10, 2006

Washington 89 – New York 130 (Record:45-32)
The Wizards have begun tanking the season a long time ago, now being bottom of the league with an embarrassing 20 – 52 record. The Knicks had no problem whatsoever to reach to their biggest win of the season by a margin of 41 points, with Odom, Magloire, Houston and Crawford all scoring 20 points or more.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:01 pm

Nice work Weaver... u have ur sights set on the Finals now???
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby pHLo on Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:57 am

back²back home games against the bucks ??

very funny :P

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:03 am

Cmon, you just need 5 straight wins and you can get to the 50-mark. Either way it goes, your set for the playoffs so just try to keep your head above water.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:19 am

Nice work Weaver... u have ur sights set on the Finals now???

Hoping for another appearance in the NBA Finals... The league, and especially the East, seem much tougher this yera so it'll take even more of an effort than in 2005...

back²back home games against the bucks ??

very funny

Yes... just like baseball... :lol:

Cmon, you just need 5 straight wins and you can get to the 50-mark. Either way it goes, your set for the playoffs so just try to keep your head above water.

It won't make much difference... the Pistons are way ahead of me for the 1st seed in the East, the Sixers are too far behind for the Atlantic title... so I'm guaranteed a 2nd or 3rd Conference seed... I guess I coudl push Miami for the 2nd place amongst division winners, but I'd rather play no. 6 Philly than no. 7 Chicago, who is red hot at the moment...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:33 pm

April 13, 2006

New York 93 – Golden State 95 (Record:45-33)
The Knicks had the victory all but sealed up until the final 4 minutes, but the visiting warriors played like their name suggests and grinded their way to a rare road victory, playing excellent defense and keeping the home side scoreless during that stretch. Jason Richardson had 31 and Baron Davis 29 points for the winners, while Lamar Odom led New York in scoring with 22.

April 18, 2006

Toronto 132 – New York 103 (Record:45-34)
The Knicks forgot about playing defense in this game and they paid the hefty price with a 130 point shellacking, courtesy of the streaking Raptors, who may be out of playoff contention as usual, but they took no time off in dismantling their opposition today. Jalen Rose had 33 points and Mo Peterson added 27, with the two of them combined hitting 11 three pointers early on to break the Knicks’ spirit. Odom had 22 for New York.

April 23, 2006

Philadelphia 97 – New York 89 (Record:45-35)
The Sixers managed to defeat their Atlantic division rivals, with a late game effort, but fell short in their quest to clinch the divisional title, which is as of now the courtesy of the New York Knicks. We will be an automatic top 3 seed in the East because of this. In regard to this game, aging Allen Iverson remembered his old explosive self and went on to score 37 and lead his team to a potential 4th seed clinching victory. Odom had 29 for the Knicks, but he went silent in the final 5 minutes when his team needed him the most.

April 25, 2006

New York 101 – Seattle 102 (Record:45-36)
Another 4th quarter drop in performance resulted in another late loss for the Knicks, who seem to be going into the playoffs with far from perfect momentum having lost 7 of their last 10 games. Magloire had a great game with 28 points and 11 rebounds, and Mike Dunleavy hit 6 three pointers for a total of 18 points coming off the bench, but it was the Sonics’ grit and passion that led them to a late charge and subsequent victory. Ray Allen had 24 and Rashard Lewis 23 points for the victors.

April 30, 2006

Miami 98 – New York 84 (Final Record:45-37)
The Knicks had the chance to grab the 2nd seed in the east with a victory in Florida, facing 40-42 Chicago rather than 43-39 and in-form Philadelhia. They could not get the job done against Miami, though, and dropped their 5th straight game, going into the playoffs with less than appropriate confidence. Despite Allan Houston’s 28 point worth shooting display, the combined might of Shaq and Udonis Haslem proved too much for the Knicks to contain, with the both of them combining for 35 rebounds.

- Brian Grant got injured today, picking the worst possible time to do so, approximately 5 days before the playoffs begin. He will be out of practice for 12 days and from then on he’ll be day-by-day.
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Mark. on Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:41 pm

Hmmm a weak finish to the season, but maybe the players are just taking it easy, not overdoing it.

I look foward to the playoffs.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Cloudy on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:08 pm

wow...5 straight lost...
good luck for the playoffs man
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Oh no... Brian Grant... :(

haha... u will be fine Weaver!
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:15 pm

it was suppose to be 5 straight wins, not 5 straight losses....guess I jinxed you when I mentioned that magic number 50 :roll:

good luck turning it around in the post-season....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby pHLo on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:14 pm

yap, i hope u can make a good playoff run in spite of ur disappointing last games

props to z-mac for that sig
pHLo

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:48 am

I had a feeling that was going to happen :lol: 5 straight losses instead of 5 straight wins. You ruined the big 50 surprise :evil: :lol:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:33 pm

Here are the final standings for the NBA 05/06 regular season:

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Atlantic – New York Knicks

ImageImage

Central – Detroit Pistons

ImageImage

Southeast – Miami Heat

ImageImage

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

Pacific – Phoenix suns

ImageImage

Northwest – Minnesota Timberwolves

ImageImage

Southwest – San Antonio Spurs

ImageImage

LEAGUE LEADERS:

MVP CANDIDATES:

NEW YORK KNICKS REGULAR SEASON STATS:

AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Good stuff weaver! I thought u had the sixers up wrong! lol
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:57 pm

a bit lazy on resizing pics down today eh? :wink:

No. 3 seed is solid so let us see how you do (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:56 pm

oh good to see kg's team bak in form, also good to see the suns up there
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:09 am

Nice recap for the division leading teams. The pictures are a little blurry so I guess you sized them down a little late. My expectations are that you should succeed in the playoffs (Y)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:02 am

Hmmm a weak finish to the season, but maybe the players are just taking it easy, not overdoing it.

I look foward to the playoffs.

Playoffs is when we New Yorkers tend to grind it out and get result... let's see how this year goes...

wow...5 straight lost...
good luck for the playoffs man

No sweat... we're in, with a no 3 seed... Thanks (Y)

Oh no... Brian Grant...

haha... u will be fine Weaver!

Well, he's rated 65, can play both PF and C and is my sicth man coming off the bench along with Derek Fisher... The next best big man on the team is none other than Jerome James, so that's a reason to start worrying... :lol:

it was suppose to be 5 straight wins, not 5 straight losses....guess I jinxed you when I mentioned that magic number 50

good luck turning it around in the post-season....

Looks like th eboys tanked it to stay fresh, but Brian Grant still manage to sideline himself for two weeks... :x

yap, i hope u can make a good playoff run in spite of ur disappointing last games

Thanks Flo, I hope so too... (Y)

I had a feeling that was going to happen 5 straight losses instead of 5 straight wins. You ruined the big 50 surprise

Maybe next year... my last contract year with NY... :D

Good stuff weaver! I thought u had the sixers up wrong! lol

We're playing them in Round 1, so I though you'd like to see their stats...

a bit lazy on resizing pics down today eh?

Damn, I knew i had forgotten something.... well, no way I'm editing them now... :P

No. 3 seed is solid so let us see how you do

I want the title, but it's tough... If I make it to the Conference Finalsm, this season would be reagarded as succesful... 8-)

oh good to see kg's team bak in form, also good to see the suns up there

Minny have been on top of the league for two straight seasons, and after losing to eventual champions Dallas in the Western Finals last year, they're back for another run, even if Spree is now playing for the Hawks... Hoiberg is having career years at 33, starting and scoring 11.5 ppg... Go Mr. Mayor!!! (Y)

Nice recap for the division leading teams. The pictures are a little blurry so I guess you sized them down a little late. My expectations are that you should succeed in the playoffs

Thanks. Actually, I forgot to resize the pics... :lol: Success varies upon definition.... As I said, making it to the Eastern Finals would make this year a succesful one...

Stay tuned: Playoff trees coming up, and the all-favorite predictions contest is back for another year, with the winner gaining a place for himself in the '07 rookie class....
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame