:::AnSwEr InCoMpLeTe::: (NBA Live 2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Seraph on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:23 pm

Nice Covers and good luck against the NETS (N)
Seraph

Postby Keo on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:52 pm

Nice magazine covers. (Y)
Keo

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:34 pm

jxuusa wrote:great job on the slam covers.
i still remember those covers they did for jason williams, paul pierce, and vince carters when they were rookies

Yea, I remember those and thanks for checking the dynasty out after the long wait for an update :lol:

Dr. Funky wrote:Wow, really nice Slam magazines.

Uhh.... I can't really think of anything else to say at the moment....

A speechless moment :lol: I guess I can understand

The X wrote:nice mags Wink Chris Paul for ROY Very Happy

Yea the Bobcats may end up making the playoffs only 3 games under .500. If they do, expect Paul to most likely win because he has some of the best rookie numbers.

magadag25 wrote:Good Luck for the next few games, your gonna need it Razz

Yea, its going to be pretty tough stretch, the Nets are solid along with the Heat and Suns (the two teams that went to the Finals last season)

CB4 wrote:Naw he can beat Miami. Ye man as much as a I like Chris Paul, Salim is gonna win ROY. He scores too much. Laughing

I hope I can beat the Heat. I got a pretty athletic team to cover Wade though. If Stoudamire keeps coming off that pine, his scoring average may go down. :lol:

D-Weaver 99027 wrote:Nice Slam mags... Salim is doing real good, no? Very Happy

You seem to playing at a steady pace, heading towards the playoffs... What was the Sixers' record in 04-05 in your dynasty, anyway? Question

Yea its just this week, I've really slowed down so I'm definitely going to pick it back up starting tomorrow. I forgot what the Sixers record was because I remember posting it one time, but I think it was 30-52 if I'm not mistaken.

Seraph wrote:Nice Covers and good luck against the NETS

Yea I know your going to be rooting for them, but plan on looking out for a butt whooping :lol:

*Sensation* wrote:Nice magazine covers.

Thanks and thanks to CK for the work and also thanks for everybody that viewed or replied. This was one of those slow times in the dynasty, but its just been a busy weak and my internet messing up. I promise to get back on track starting tomorrow so you can expect some updates tomorrow definitely.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Emiliano on Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:14 pm

Good luck next game Mafia...by the way GREAT MAGAZINES! (Y)
Viva Argentina
Boca Juniors -Te llevo en el Alma-
Emiliano

Postby Rip32 on Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:17 pm

Hey Mafia, great dynasty like always but what are Simean's stats right now? Hes been pretty solid since you traded Webber.
Tweet me, bro. @Brady_Fred
Rip32
Rodney Stuckey's Uncle

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:40 pm

Beautiful mags! All I can say bro!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby air on Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:28 pm

I wanna make one of these dynasties of my own. I've got a lot of time here at work to post all kinds of stuff. I could save screens and stuff at home and finish the reports here. Then again I'm not sure if I'm good enough at the game.

I guess the games will have to be quite long if you want to make a report, nothing much to write about a game with 3-minute quarters! But with a full season it would take ages with long quarters!

How many games are you playing with this franchise?
air

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:34 am

Emiliano wrote:Good luck next game Mafia...by the way GREAT MAGAZINES! (Y)

Thanks Emiliano, I'm going to need it :lol:

Rip32 wrote:Hey Mafia, great dynasty like always but what are Simean's stats right now? Hes been pretty solid since you traded Webber.

Thanks and Simien's stats have risen in the only 8 games he has started. He's now averaging 8.5ppg and 5.1rpg, and before his stats were around the 5ppg and 3rpg area. He'll be on his way to an All-Rookie 1st Team if he keep playing like he has been.

Sit wrote:Beautiful mags! All I can say bro!

Thanks and thanks to CK for the help as well

air wrote:I wanna make one of these dynasties of my own. I've got a lot of time here at work to post all kinds of stuff. I could save screens and stuff at home and finish the reports here. Then again I'm not sure if I'm good enough at the game.

I guess the games will have to be quite long if you want to make a report, nothing much to write about a game with 3-minute quarters! But with a full season it would take ages with long quarters!

How many games are you playing with this franchise?

Well I play the full 82 games and if you want to make one then go ahead, but I would like to suggest you doing more than 3-minutes :lol: Maybe you can try 9 or 10 minutes.

Once again, thanks for all the love the comments, an update of the next game will be here ASAP.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:56 am

76ERS VS. NETS
Continental Airlines Center, New Jersey, 7:30 p.m., EST

TV, radio: Comcast SportsNet; UPN 57
Records: 76ers, 23-12; Nets, 21-15

KEY MATCHUP: ANDRE IGUODALA VS. VINCE CARTER
Carter has became the focal point of the Nets offense as he leads the team in scoring with 23.9ppg. Iguodala will matchup against him which means tonight will be an athletic convention with two of the best leapers of the game going at it. Iguodala has stayed at a balanced attack since moving to the SG position along with Josh Hoawrd stepping into the lineup. Vinsanity shoots just over 40% from 3-point range which makes his game even tougher to contend with.

INSIDE THE 76ERS
The Sixers are heading into probably their toughest stretch of the season so far with their next 3 games being against teams who are 6 games or better over the .500 mark. So far, things have been going well for Philadelphia as they stand 4-1 in the month of January.

INSIDE THE NETS
New Jersey is 5-2 in their last 7 games and are coming off a 107-82 loss to the LA Lakers. They stand in 3rd place in the tough Atlantic Division, 2.5 games back of the Sixers. Power forward, Reggie Evans and point guard Zoric Planinic are doubtful for tonight's game as both players have serious injuries.

PROBABLE STARTERS
C-Erick Dampier
PF-Wayne Simien
SF-Josh Howard
SG-Andre Iguodala
PG-Allen Iverson

C-Johan Petro
PF-Nenad Kristic
SF-Richard Jefferson
SG-Vince Carter
PG-Jason Kidd
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Buckley on Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:03 am

Could be a big game, both teams within like 3 games of each other.

Who leads the Atlantic?
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: StlrsRoc

Buckley

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:30 am

Ooohh, Petro and Krstic... twin towers... watch out for those blocks! :wink:
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:10 am

New Jersey Throws Net Around Sixers
Atlantic Division getting a lot tighter

ImageNets-95
ImageSixers-89

Sixers Boxscore | Nets Boxscore

Devin Harris and the 76ers couldn't preserve a win against another division rival

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., January 12 (Ticker) -- With the door to the Atlantic Division number 1 spot left ajar, the Philadelphia 76ers merely had everything going there way until the New Jersey Nets went into overdrive. Following their formula of a scoring explosion from Vince Carter and a near triple double by Richard Jefferson, the Nets stormed back into the big picture with a 95-89 victory over the 76ers. "New Jersey definitely wanted this game," Sixers coach Jim O'Brien said. "I thought we were ready to play basketball. I think they just flat-out outplayed us." With more on the line, the Nets played with much more of a purpose. They never trailed after the first quarter, led by as many as 14 points and cruised to their sixth win in eight games.

"Every game is basically a fight for us because the division is so tight," Nets coach Lawrence Frank said. "Our guys want to keep on playing, and we've been in 3rd place for awhile now and we are looking to move up in the standings." Carter scored 16 of his 19 points in the 2nd half, helping New Jersey stay ahead throughout the half. "It's just attack, attack, attack," said Carter, who had a hard time with Sixers guard Andre Iguodala. Jefferson collected a double-double with 24 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists. Rookie Johan Petro had collected a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds and Jason Kidd added 14 and 5 assists for the Nets (22-15). "It's the first time, it seems like, in a couple of years that we‘re on a roll," Frank said.

"Regardless of where we were, how far below .500 we were, everybody believes that we are one of the best teams in the East and its time to start showing that now," Carter said. If New Jersey win their next two games and the Sixers lose their next two, they will secure the first spot in the Atlantic Division. "We would like to be playing our best basketball, and that's what we're doing right now," Kidd said. "We just have to continue to do this and keep it going for the rest of the season. Both teams are playing for something." Allen Iverson had 33 points, seven assists and not much help for Philadelphia (23-13), who are now 4-2 in the month of January.

Game Photos
Simien went for another double-double against the Nets
Jefferson missed his only dunk attempt of the night but he ended up with 24 points
Jason Kidd only dished out 5 assists against the 76ers
Allen Iverson with for 33 points once again in a game that Philly came up short in
Jason Josh Howard posterized Jefferson with the two hand slam
Vince Carter didn't have an easy time against Iguodala
Iguodala posterizing three Nets' players
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:12 am

cwebbiverson wrote:Could be a big game, both teams within like 3 games of each other.

Who leads the Atlantic?

Yea, I'm still leading the division even though I loss

D-Weaver 99027 wrote:Ooohh, Petro and Krstic... twin towers... watch out for those blocks! Wink

Well Petro had a double double and Kristic scored 10 and grabbed 7 boards. They were pretty dominate down low against me
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby BOSS on Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:20 am

Damn Johan Petro. He had a good night and even made a three pointer :lol: . Vince Carter and Iggy were evenly matched and despite AI's 33 points, you still lost. Don't worry, you'll get em next time.
BOSS

Postby Seraph on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:00 am

Your AI reminds me to KOBE lots of points and no wins :twisted:

BTW WHO's JASON IVERSON????????????????? :lol:
Seraph

Postby Emiliano on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:18 am

Too bad you lost...Dont worry, you'll bounce back...
Good luck next game!
Viva Argentina
Emiliano

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:51 am

CB4 wrote:Damn Johan Petro. He had a good night and even made a three pointer :lol: . Vince Carter and Iggy were evenly matched and despite AI's 33 points, you still lost. Don't worry, you'll get em next time.

Yea, he looks like a monster in the game :lol: I can't believe AI got 33 and we still lost though, we came so close, but the big 3 were playing too well down the stretch.

Seraph wrote:Your AI reminds me to KOBE lots of points and no wins Twisted Evil

BTW WHO's JASON IVERSON????????????????? Laughing

:lol: At least AI got a better record. You never did hear about Jason IversoN? I just picked him up :lol: Thanks for pointing that out.

Emiliano wrote:Too bad you lost...Dont worry, you'll bounce back...
Good luck next game!

Yea, thats easy to say for you, I got the Suns next :( BTW, another update will be coming shortly.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:23 pm

SUNS VS. 76ERS
Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m., EST

TV, radio: Comcast SportsNet; UPN 57
Records: Suns, 22-13; Sixers, 23-13

KEY MATCHUP: WAYNE SIMIEN VS. SHAWN MARION
This may be the toughest matchup for the rookie Simien. He will be facing probably the quickest, most athleic power forward in the league in Shawn Marion. Marion is averaging a double-double with 18.1ppg and 10.6rpg. Simien will have an advantage on the inside, but he must watch out for Marion's leaping ability. Simien must use more strength than Marion using athleticism.

INSIDE THE 76ERS
Philadelphia is coming off a tough loss to divisional opponent, New Jersey Nets. Allen Iverson scored 33 points in the loss and has been looking very good for the MVP award. The Nets are closing in on the Sixers only back 1 1/2 games and the Celtics trail 2 games.

INSIDE THE SUNS
Last year's NBA Champions didn't get off to the same start they did last season, but they are doing just fine standing in the 4th place in the Western Conference. They stand 1 1/2 games behind the Kings for 1st place in the Pacific Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS
C-Erick Dampier
PF-Wayne Simien
SF-Josh Howard
SG-Andre Iguodala
PG-Allen Iverson

C-Amare Stoudemire
PF-Shawn Marion
SF-Quentin Richardson
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Steve Nash
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Seraph on Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:42 pm

Good Luck against your OLD team (Y)
Seraph

Postby Drex on Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:04 pm

Make Nash work on D :P
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Emiliano on Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:09 pm

Good luck dude...You need to stop Amare in the paint :twisted:
Viva Argentina
Emiliano

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:07 pm

Nash, Marion Deliver Suns Win
Sixers couldn’t score enough in the 2nd half

ImageSuns-106
ImageSixers-99

Sixers Boxscore | Suns Boxscore

Stoudemire finished the game with a double-double

PHILADELPHIA, January 13 (Ticker) -- Steve Nash and Shawn Marion showed the Sixers why they were defending champions. Marion collected 22 points and 9 rebounds and Nash added 20 and 9 assists as the Suns jumped out to a huge lead and held on for a 106-99 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers. Quentin Richardson added 19 points for Phoenix, which scored 67 points in the first half. "To be in a contest (with the Suns), we needed to shoot a little better from downtown," said Philadelphia coach Jim O'Brien, whose team shot 29 percent (5-of-17). "We lost by 7, so let's say we made close to half of our 3-pointers. You know it would be a different basketball game.” Stoudemire had nine points and Marion eight to help Phoenix grab a 26-11 lead after one quarter. The Suns led by as many as 37 points in the second quarter and took a 67-34 advantage into the break.

"We had some slow starts last season throughout the year and that’s something we wanted to improve on this season," said Suns guard Steve Nash. "With this team, we just got to continue be consistent. We're going to go on runs. We have so much firepower. It's important to be consistent with our defense, our intensity, and make some shots when it counts." Philadelphia pulled within 94-88 on a 3-pointer by Allen Iverson with 3:07 remaining but Stoudemire split a pair of free throws and had a follow dunk and Richardson connected from the arc to open a 100-90 cushion. The Suns were not threatened thereafter.

"We had them on their heels, that's what you got to do on the road," Marion said. "When you get a lead like that, you got to maintain that lead. We did that. We knew that they were going to make a run, but we kept our composure, settled back down, and kept going back at them. That's what you got to do." Iverson had 27 points and eight assists for the Sixers, but Wayne Simien was the man for the Sixers scoring a career-high 29 points and grabbing 15 boards. "Their main team - Nash, (Quentin) Richardson, Joe Johnson, and Shawn Marion - they are all quick, they all shoot it, they all can put it on the deck and take it at you," O'Brien said. "They cause a nightmare from a matchup standpoint. You have a guy that is one of the budding interior players in the league in Stoudemire. That's really a tough, tough basketball team."

Game Photos
Simien dominated Marion in the post with a 29 point performance
Richardson nailed some key shots behind the arc late in the game
Steve Nash was one assist shy from a double-double
Howard only scored 10 points in the game but grabbed 7 boards and had 6 dimes
Dampier had a tough time against Stoudemire
Iverson continued his scoring ways with 27 points tonight
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Emiliano on Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:20 pm

Wayne Simien played great although you lost....Cant wait for next game! (Y)

Oh and you might want to fix the suns logo.... :lol:
Viva Argentina
Emiliano

Postby air on Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:31 pm

82 games!? I might have time to play one full game per day. A regular season will take months to finish!

I figured I could play 29 games with 10 min quarters with full playoffs. I might also move up to superstar because last night I was destroying teams at all star.

But I'll be watching this one too.
air

Postby BOSS on Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Damn u lost vs. your former team. The whole Phoenix starting lineup contributed well. Simien was a beast again and AI did alright. Iggy had an off night. My vote for ROY is Wayne Simien !
BOSS

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame