:::AnSwEr InCoMpLeTe::: (NBA Live 2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

:::AnSwEr InCoMpLeTe::: (NBA Live 2005)

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:27 pm

:arrow: Sim Quarter Length- 12 minutes
:arrow: Playoff Length- 7-7-7-7
:arrow: Sim Injuries- Yes
:arrow: Sim Type- Intervention
:arrow: Level- Superstar
:arrow: Quarter Length- 12 minutes
:arrow: CPU Assistance- Off
:arrow: Shot Control- User
:arrow: Fgrep15 Sliders (EDITED)

HEAD COACH- Jim O'Brien (College - St. Joseph's (PA) '74)

ASSISTANT COACHES- Frank Vogel (College - Kentucky '96)
Dick Harter (College - Pennsylvania '53)
Joe Gallagher (College - Pembroke State '68)
Lester Conner (College - Oregon State '82)

Athletic Trainer- Kevin N. Johnson (College - Indiana State '89)
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 189 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:27 pm

News Archive

76ERS VS. HEAT
American Airlines Arena, Miami, 7:30 p.m., EST

TV, radio: Comcast SportsNet; UPN 57
Records: 76ers, 23-14; Heat, 21-12

KEY MATCHUP: ERICK DAMPIER VS. SHAQUILLE O'NEAL
Dampier is one of the few quality centers left in the league and one of the few that has a chance at guarding Shaq. Dampier has been a monster on the boards since becoming a Sixer and his job tonight will be to box Shaq out of the paint. O'neal is averaging 21.8ppg and 12.5rpg for the Heat and he will plan on overpowering Dampier in the paint.

INSIDE THE 76ERS
The Sixers are on the verge of losing three straight which hasn't happened since the month of November, when they lost to the Kings on the 14th. The Sixers are experiencing one of the toughest parts of their schedule and so far they haven't performed very well.

INSIDE THE HEAT
The Heat are leading the Southeast Division as expected with a 7 game advantage over the Bobcats and Magic. They are a perfect 9-0 in the division. Things have been going smoothly for the team as they have won 7 of their last 10 games.

PROBABLE STARTERS
C-Erick Dampier
PF-Wayne Simien
SF-Josh Howard
SG-Andre Iguodala
PG-Allen Iverson

C-Shaquille O'neal
PF-Udonis Haslem
SF-Eddie Jones
SG-Dwyane Wade
PG-Damon Jones

Slam 84

All About Iggy:: SLAM 84

What's up? First of all, the house is good, real good. I finally got into my new crib—it’s three stories, got an elevator and everything. I wanted a new scenery from what I had last year and I really like it where I'm at. My mom decorated it for me, so my room’s looking real nice. My brother Frank is living with me. He just got his degree from Dayton University in finance, so he got a good job with an insurance company. He’s living with me, looking out for me and keeping me humble. He played basketball in college, so he understands the game and tries to help me out with things he’s noticing. We’ve been fighting a lot, too. We fought a lot when we were little, but now we just play around and argue. I haven’t had much time to explore the neighborhood where I’m living. I know where the grocery store and the Best Buy is, and that’s pretty much all I need.

As for basketball, we just finished playing the Lakers a couple of nights ago and we are now 7-3 after ending our 3-game losing streak. I've worked very hard this summer and hopefully its showing when I'm out there playing. I've been trying to elevate my game to where I can become a star player in this game. I have two good guys on my team that have been All-Stars throughout their careers in Iverson and Webber and I've learned alot from them. Many people are thinking that I can become a 20-7-7 guy like some of the star guards and forwards in the league. I like that feeling (laughing), but I would rather do it than hear about it which is why I keep working hard. I almost recorded my 2nd career triple double in a game this season where I was one rebound away from it but it wasn't no big deal because its a team game and I can't get caught up all to myself. Either way, I'm in the best League in the world, getting paid to play a game, and it’s fun to go out and compete every single night.

-Andre Iguodala

Philadelphia 76ers Resignings

Samuel Dalembert
11.53 mil for 3 years

2005-06 Outlook: Expect to see alot from Dalembert this season as he now has another player to work with on the front-line in Chris Webber. With a full training camp with Webber, expect to see them establish a good relationship and Dalembert should become a Most Improved Canidate this season. He has the athletic ability to become a great shot blocker as he showed last season and can post a double-double on any given night in the Eastern Conference.

Rodney Rogers
Contract Enlcosed

2005-06 Outlook: Rogers is a solid contributor off the bench for Philly and he should stay that way this season. Most people feel that he is at his best when coming off the bench and don't expect him to start this season with Webber now in the lineup. Rogers has the range to shoot the 3's and has the body to bang on the inside so he will help make the Sixers a deep team in this upcoming season.

Willie Green
8.19 mil for 2 years

2005-06 Outlook: Willie Green was honored as the Sixth Man of the Year last season which is one reason he recieved this big contract. He showed lots of signs last season where he could be one of the best bench players in the league averaging 10.8ppg in 26 minutes. He is a hard worker and can play good defense. He is still pretty young so with a little more time in the league, he can be very dangerous starting this season.

Kyle Korver
7.24 mil for 3 years

2005-06 Outlook: There is alot of speculation on if Korver will be in the starting lineup this seaosn or just a top 7 player off the bench. He started half of the games last season and he is a great shooter. With Rashad McCants coming into the mix, Korver may move to the bench as a backup and just make the Sixers bench deeper. He will definitely be a threat behind the arc this season.
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:19 am, edited 162 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:28 pm

Philadephia 76ers 2005-06 Roster

ImageImageImageImageImage

STARTERS
C- #25 Erick Dampier
PF- #23 Wayne SImien
SF- #9 Andre Iguodala
SG- #5 Josh Howard
PG- #3 Allen Iverson

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

BENCH
SG- #14 Devin Harris
SF- #1 Samuel Dalembert
PF- #32 Rashad McCants
PF- #54 Rodney Rogers
C- #8 Aaron McKie
SG- #7 John Salmons
SG- #22 Josh Davis

INJURY RESERVE
PG- #12 Kevin Ollie
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Donation & Appearance Request Guidelines

76ers Charitable Donation and Appearance Requests

The Philadelphia 76ers Community Relations department handles community donation and appearance requests for charitable events in the Delaware Valley area (Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Delaware).

The 76ers distribute merchandise and autographed memorabilia to support charitable efforts that benefit organizations addressing at-risk youth as well as health and education related programs for people of all ages. Organizations are limited to one request within a twelve-month period.

In addition, former Ambassador of 76ers Basketball World B. Free, Hip-Hop, broadcast personalities, front office staff and Sixers Dancers are available for appearances at charitable events, schools or non-profit organizations as schedules permit.

Non-profit organizations must submit their request for a donation or appearance via mail at least 6 weeks prior to the scheduled event.

Requests must include the following information on the organization's letterhead:

-Description/mission of the organization
-Event date, time and location
-Event purpose
-Expected attendance (if applicable)
-How the item(s) will be used (raffle, door prize, auction)
-What/who proceeds will benefit
-Verification of 501(c)(3) status

Please send requests to:
Philadelphia 76ers
Attention: Community Relations
3601 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148

76ers Community Assists

Through the generosity of the 76ers players, coaches and sponsors, tickets to every 76ers home game at the Wachovia Center are available to non-profit organizations. Groups can request tickets once a season to enjoy the fun and excitement of 76ers basketball. The 76ers fill the requests on an on-going basis. Organizations located in the Delaware Valley area that are interested in receiving a group of tickets should submit their request in writing on the organization's letterhead. Requests are accepted beginning in September until the end of October for each year.

Please send requests to:
Philadelphia 76ers
Attention: Community Assists
3601 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148

Sixers March Into Reading Month

For the fourth-consecutive season, the Philadelphia 76ers will celebrate Reading Month during the month of November with a series of events both on and off the court.

For the second-straight season, Sixers guard Willie Green and Comcast SportsNet’s Ron Burke, the host of SportsRise, will help promote the importance of literacy through “Willie’s Book Drive,” which goes hand-in-hand with the 76ers Read to Achieve program. Fans are encouraged to bring new or gently used children's books to the Wachovia Center for all home games in March. All books will be donated to Philadelphia Reads. On March 19, if you bring a new, hardcover children's book, you will have the opportunity to meet Willie following the game.

There will be a 76ers Reading Corner at select locations of the Wachovia Center, which include books, bookshelves, a rocking chair and Read to Achieve blankets and pillows. For each game there will be a designated guest reader, including the author and illustrator of the famous Berenstain Bear Books, Mike Berenstain, Sesame Street Live star Elmo, the Globetrotters, John Smallwood of the Philadelphia Daily News, and Sixers Dancers. Various books will be donated to the 76ers Reading Corner, including the ever-popular Berenstain Bear books donated by the Berenstain Family. Children will have the opportunity to make their own 76ers bookmark at the 11th Street Atrium Mezzanine Level.

For the third straight season, a Book Swap will take place at each home game. Randomly selected children will join the Sixers on the court for the National Anthem, and afterwards they will each receive a book from a Sixers player. The Guinness World Records 2005, donated by Books Are Fun, and The Hoopster, provided by Jump at the Sun, an imprint of Hyperion Books for Children, will be among the books swapped.

As part of the 76ers Read to Achieve initiative that focuses on the importance of reading, 76ers mascot Hip-Hop will host several reading appearances throughout the month with special guest readers such as Sixers radio color analyst Todd MacCulloch, Comcast SportsNet’s Ron Burke and Sixers in-arena host Kathy Romano.
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun May 22, 2005 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Team Store
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun May 22, 2005 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:29 pm

Game Night

Iverson Drops 26 as Sixers Chill Heat
Allen Iverson scored 17 of his 26 points in the first half

ImageHeat-88
ImageSixers-100

Sixers Boxscore | Heat Boxscore

Shaq finished the game with 33 points and 11 boards against Dampier

PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 24 (Ticker) --Allen Iverson and Josh Howard outscored one of the NBA's top 1-2 duo. Iverson scored 26 points and handed out 7 assists and Josh Howard came up with 27 points and came up big in the fourth quarter as the Philadelphia 76ers posted a 100-88 victory over the Miami Heat. While Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade are one of the league's top-scoring tandem and led the Heat to the NBA Finals last season, the Sixers' success relies squarely on the shoulders of the 6-foot Iverson. Iverson, the NBA's leading scorer, couldn‘t be stopped as he shot 10-15 from the field. He scored 17 points in the first half, then was quiet in the third quarter before coming up big late in the final period.

"The whole thing coming in was about winning the game," Iverson said. "That's all that I thought about, come out, do my part, and get the win. I played well and my teammates played great." After a pair of blocks by the 6-11 Dampier, Iverson finished a fast break with a driving layup for a 90-81 lead with 3:36 remaining. Iverson then converted a three-point play with 42 seconds left to push the lead to 95-83, then Howard made two free throws over the final 37 seconds. Heat forward Eddie Jones thought Iverson's start was the key. "I think early on, he got his confidence going by making his first three or four shots," Jones said. "It's tough to control him from that point." Dampier played tough interior defense on O'Neal in the fourth quarter even though O’neal finished 33 points. Dampier finished with 9 boards with five of them being offensive.

"It makes me feel like coach (Jim O'Brien) has more confidence in me" said Dampier, who also scored 8 points. "I go out there and keep building on it proving myself to my teammates and coaches that I can get the job done." Coming into the game, the key was to stop Shaq. "I thought he did a nice job of keeping his body away from Shaq," O'Brien said. "We talked before hand. You can't let Shaq get behind him and I thought Erick really moved his feet. Not only that, but made sure Shaq had to run on defense because Erick was beating him up court and it really forced Shaq to run. Sure he scored 33 points, but he only scored 4 points in the 4th quarter." Wade only scored 7 points on 3-15 shooting for the Heat (21-13), which lost for just the fourth time in 11 games. "We have to do a better job down the stretch" Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said.

Game Photos
Wade had an off night from the field besides the posterization over Howard
Shaq dominated the interior but still came up with the L at the end
Howard looked more like the player that the Sixers acquired in the first few games
Eddie Jones was one of three Heat players in double figures
Dampier throwing down the alley oop pass from Iverson
Allen Iverson slightly twisting his ankle

ImageSuns-106
ImageSixers-99

Sixers Boxscore | Suns Boxscore

Stoudemire finished the game with a double-double

PHILADELPHIA, January 13 (Ticker) -- Steve Nash and Shawn Marion showed the Sixers why they were defending champions. Marion collected 22 points and 9 rebounds and Nash added 20 and 9 assists as the Suns jumped out to a huge lead and held on for a 106-99 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers. Quentin Richardson added 19 points for Phoenix, which scored 67 points in the first half. "To be in a contest (with the Suns), we needed to shoot a little better frm downtown," said Philadelphia coach Jim O'Brien, whose team shot 29 percent (5-of-17). "We lost by 7, so let's say we made close to half of our 3-pointers. You know it would be a different basketball game.” Stoudemire had nine points and Marion eight to help Phoenix grab a 26-11 lead after one quarter. The Suns led by as many as 37 points in the second quarter and took a 67-34 advantage into the break.

"We had some slow starts last season throughout the year and that’s something we wanted to improve on this season," said Suns guard Steve Nash. "With this team, we just got to continue be consistent. We're going to go on runs. We have so much firepower. It's important to be consistent with our defense, our intensity, and make some shots when it counts." Philadelphia pulled within 94-88 on a 3-pointer by Allen Iverson with 3:07 remaining but Stoudemire split a pair of free throws and had a follow dunk and Richardson connected from the arc to open a 100-90 cushion. The Suns were not threatened thereafter.

"We had them on their heels, that's what you got to do on the road," Marion said. "When you get a lead like that, you got to maintain that lead. We did that. We knew that they were going to make a run, but we kept our composure, settled back down, and kept going back at them. That's what you got to do." Iverson had 27 points and eight assists for the Sixers, but Wayne Simien was the man for the Sixers scoring a career-high 29 points and grabbing 15 boards. "Their main team - Nash, (Quentin) Richardson, Joe Johnson, and Shawn Marion - they are all quick, they all shoot it, they all can put it on the deck and take it at you," O'Brien said. "They cause a nightmare from a matchup standpoint. You have a guy that is one of the budding interior players in the league in Stoudemire. That's really a tough, tough basketball team."

Game Photos
Simien dominated Marion in the post with a 29 point performance
Richardson nailed some key shots behind the arc late in the game
Steve Nash was one assist shy from a double-double
Howard only scored 10 points in the game but grabbed 7 boards and had 6 dimes
Dampier had a tough time against Stoudemire
Iverson continued his scoring ways with 27 points tonight

ImageNets-95
ImageSixers-89

Sixers Boxscore | Nets Boxscore

Devin Harris and the 76ers couldn't preserve a win against another division rival

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., January 12 (Ticker) -- With the door to the Atlantic Division number 1 spot left ajar, the Philadelphia 76ers merely had everything going there way until the New Jersey Nets went into overdrive. Following their formula of a scoring explosion from Vince Carter and a near triple double by Richard Jefferson, the Nets stormed back into the big picture with a 95-89 victory over the 76ers. "New Jersey definitely wanted this game," Sixers coach Jim O'Brien said. "I thought we were ready to play basketball. I think they just flat-out outplayed us." With more on the line, the Nets played with much more of a purpose. They never trailed after the first quarter, led by as many as 14 points and cruised to their sixth win in eight games.

"Every game is basically a fight for us because the division is so tight," Nets coach Lawrence Frank said. "Our guys want to keep on playing, and we've been in 3rd place for awhile now and we are looking to move up in the standings." Carter scored 16 of his 19 points in the 2nd half, helping New Jersey stay ahead throughout the half. "It's just attack, attack, attack," said Carter, who had a hard time with Sixers guard Andre Iguodala. Jefferson collected a double-double with 24 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists. Rookie Johan Petro had collected a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds and Jason Kidd added 14 and 5 assists for the Nets (22-15). "It's the first time, it seems like, in a couple of years that we‘re on a roll," Frank said.

"Regardless of where we were, how far below .500 we were, everybody believes that we are one of the best teams in the East and its time to start showing that now," Carter said. If New Jersey win their next two games and the Sixers lose their next two, they will secure the first spot in the Atlantic Division. "We would like to be playing our best basketball, and that's what we're doing right now," Kidd said. "We just have to continue to do this and keep it going for the rest of the season. Both teams are playing for something." Allen Iverson had 33 points, seven assists and not much help for Philadelphia (23-13), who are now 4-2 in the month of January.

Game Photos
Simien went for another double-double against the Nets
Jefferson missed his only dunk attempt of the night but he ended up with 24 points
Jason Kidd only dished out 5 assists against the 76ers
Jason Iverson with for 33 points once again in a game that Philly came up short in
Jason Josh Howard posterized Jefferson with the two hand slam
Vince Carter didn't have an easy time against Iguodala
Iguodala posterizing three Nets' players

ImageClippers-92
ImageSixers-93

Sixers Boxscore | Clippers Boxscore

Iverson setting up for the shot that won the game for the Sixers

PHILADELPHIA, January 10 (Ticker) -- Allen Iverson led the Philadelphia 76ers to a clutch victory, something Donovan McNabb just missed out on delivering for The City of Brotherly Love later on Sunday. Amid cheers for McNabb's Philadelphia Eagles, Iverson scored 23 points and came up huge down the stretch as the 76ers edged the Los Angeles Clippers, 93-92. Andre Iguodala and Wayne Simien added 19 points apiece and center Erick Dampier 17 for the Sixers, who beat the Clippers at home for an ninth straight encounter. The game was tied, 86-86, before Iverson nailed a 3-pointer with 1:44 remaining. After the Clippers' Corey Maggette countered with a three-point play 17 seconds later, Iverson capped the scoring with a pair of free throws with 1:02 remaining. Clippers star forward Elton Brand received his 5th foul on the play after Iverson head-faked him into the air and drew contact.

"It was very difficult getting into foul trouble, but my teammates really stepped up," Brand said. "We had a five-point lead late in the fourth quarter. I thought that we were going to pull it off. It's difficult to see that we couldn't." The Clippers committed a shot clock violation with 37 seconds to play before Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala missed a jumper and Los Angeles called timeout with 10.9 seconds left. "If all the games are coming down to the last quarter, last minute, and last second, then obviously you want to know how to win," Iverson said. "If you know that is what is going and you can't stop it from happening, then get the win. Regardless of how it looks, I'd rather win ugly. I'll take it rather than a loss." Kerry Kittles made a contested 3-pointer that gave the Clippers a 92-91 lead, sending the Wachovia Center crowd into total shock. The Sixers called a timeout with 4.1 secs left and the entire arena knew he was getting the ball. Iguodala popped up at the top of the key and drove left to find Iverson in the corner. With 2.3 secs left, Iverson set his feet and shot the jumper from the far corner with Brand and Simmons closing in on him and it went in all net as time expired.

"My heart was pumping because after Kittles made that basket, I was thinking we could run a play without calling a timeout so they couldn’t set up their defense,” Iverson said. "I definitely didn't want the timeout, but it ended up working out." Late in the third quarter when McNabb entered the arena, the fans started chanting, "E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!" in support of the city's NFL franchise winning the superbowl last week. "They're cheering their team on," Iverson said. "I don't know how you can feed off that, but it's good to see them (Eagles) have the support like that. If you have a franchise like the Eagles and you have the fan support the way they do, that's all you can ask for." Brand scored 19 points and grabbed 14 boards and Maggette added 17 for Los Angeles, who hold a 2-3 record during the month of January. "It's not a physical thing, it's more of a mental thing," Brand said. "Late rebounds and lack of execution at times, we're losing these tough games. We feel as though we should be 5-0 this month." Iverson once again nailed a game winning shot which has happened 4 times already throughout the season.

Game Photos
McCants throwing the bounce pass out of the corner
Iguodala finished the game with 19 points
Howard posterizing Wilcox under the goal
Elton Brand was doubled for most of the game down low
Devin Harris played great defense finishing with two steals
Dampier scored 17 points which was his highest scoring output as a Sixer
Maggette adjusting his shot for the 3-point play oppurtunity

ImageCeltics-77
ImageSixers-82

Sixers Boxscore | Celtics Boxscore

Andre Iguodala had a hard time in tonight‘s game with only 7 points

BOSTON, January 7 (Ticker) -- Allen Iverson prevented the Philadelphia 76ers from a collapse against coach Jim O'Brien's former team. Iverson scored 23 points and nailed a key jumper with 22 seconds left as the 76ers avoided from letting the Celtics make a comeback with a 82-77 victory over the Boston Celtics, their Atlantic Division rival. Wayne Simien added 18 points and 7 rebounds and newcomer Josh Howard chipped in six of his 16 points early in the fourth quarter for the Sixers (22-11), who snapped the Celtics 4-game winning streak. "We don't get it," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said of his team's play of late. "The playoffs have started for a lot of teams and we haven't joined the fray yet. (Philadelphia) got it. We don't get it." The Sixers improved to 2-0 against the Celtics this season and now hold a 1 game advantage over them in the standings.

Philadelphia led throughout the 2nd half after the Celtics got off to an early start with a 23-14 advantage in the 1st quarter. "We executed offensively and got stops," said Iverson, who did most of the scoring for the Sixers in the 2nd half. "The whole key is to get stops in this league. If you can't get stops, it puts pressure on you to score every time down the floor." The Sixers held the Celtics to just 37% shooting for the game. "We are at our best with Allen Iverson in the open court," O'Brien said. "You can only get him in the open court if you get stops. For us to play with that kind of composure is great. I'm very happy with this win."

"We had a lack of urgency and a lack of hustle," Pierce said. "I don't know why. I don't have the answers. We're not hungry enough. Maybe we're comfortable being in second place in the division where we could be one of the top 3 teams in the East if we led the division." Pierce scored 17 points and Walker added 19 and 110 rebounds for the Celtics, O'Brien's former squad. In addition to scoring 13 points in the fourth quarter, Iverson had 7 in the 3rd quarter and scored 20 of his 23 points in the 2nd half. For the majority of the night, the 6-footer was guarded by a combination of players as the Celtics did a lot of switching at the guard positioning along with playing some zone defense and Ricky Davis was caught guarding Iverson a couple of times. "Ricky has so much talent," Iverson said. "If I have big guys on me, I try to go around them. If I have smaller guys on me, I'll shoot over them. Ricky puts a lot of pressure on you."

Game Photos
Antoine Walker led the Celtics in scoring with 19 points
In addition to 18 points, Simien blocked 3 shots
Ricky Davis only scored 4 points on 1-3 shooting
Pierce was one rebound short of a double-double
Payton dished out just 3 assists but grabbed 8 boards
Howard ended his shooting slump tonight with 17 points

Iverson woke up in the 2nd half to lead his team to victory[/size]

ImageHornets-76
ImageSixers-94

Sixers Boxscore | Hornets Boxscore

Rookie of the month, Salim Stoudamire was held to one point

NEW ORLEANS, January 5 (Ticker) -- Wayne Simien had 22 points and 10 rebounds and Erick Dampier added 17 boards as the 76ers built a solid lead and held on for a 94-76 victory over the struggling New Orleans Hornets. Allen Iverson scored 30 points for the 76ers (21-12), who nearly squandered a double digit lead in a very cold night in New Orleans, but stayed ahead of the game as they kept their Atlantic Division lead. "I'll take it. It doesn't matter if the game was close or not," Iverson said. "That's been our ultimate goal -- just get to first place and win the Atlantic. We are doing good, but we still have a long way to go to become a great team."

Simien registered his third double-double since being placed into the starting lineup. He made 4-of-4 shots and scored 11 points in the first quarter, when Philadelphia took an 8-point lead at the end of the quarter. "The hardest thing was coming out today and not letting up on this team because of their record," Simien said. "Allen and I got off to a good start. I was trying to get some energy and all of a sudden, I was making shots and I got it going." Simien and Iverson combined to make 17-of-28 shots and 17-of-17 free throws while grabbing 12 boards. The rest of the Sixers‘ starters shot 9-39 from the field. "Wayne had the hot hand that started us off in the first quarter. I got into the game and penetrated to draw some fouls," Iverson said. "Our teammates recognized that we had something going and they continued to give us the ball."

Iverson made a 3-pointer to open the fourth quarter and gave the Sixers the lead for good while holding the dysfunctional Hornets to just 8 points. The Hornets gave the Sixers a very tough fight despite only winning 10 games. "A lot of guys have pride and they don't want to play and get blown out," Iverson said. "They played bad for three quarters, but the 2nd quarter kept them alive for most of the 2nd half." JR Smith scored 19 points, PJ Brown and Luke Walton added 14 and 8 boards apiece and Jamaal Magloire had 16 and 11 rebounds for the Hornets (10-23), who continued to fall downwards in the season. Josh Howard continued to struggle tonight as he shot 1-10 from the field, but still ended up with 7 points and 7 assists. “You will struggle so there is no reason for him to be down right now,” Sixers center Erick Dampier said. “We won tonight so he shouldn’t feel that bad and his game will come to him soon because I know he can break out of this little slump.”

Game Photos
Rookie Martell Webster scored 5 points off the bench for the Hornets
J.R. Smith led the Hornets with 19 points
Josh Howard struggled from the field for the 2nd straight game
Iverson went for the big 30 once again
Iguodala shot just 4-19 from the field tonight
Dampier getting hacked by PJ Brown

ImageGrizzliess-94
ImageSixers-84

Sixers Boxscore | Grizzlies Boxscore

Swift getting the crowd hyped with the thunderous two hand jam

MEMPHIS, Tenn., January 2 (Ticker) -- Pau Gasol, with some help from Jason Williams, were able to end the Sixers 4-game winning streak. Gasol scored 5 points over his season average with 24 points and 12 rebounds and Williams sank three 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and scored 20 points as the Memphis Grizzlies kept rolling as they continued their winning streak and held off the Philadelphia 76ers, 94-84. "The bottom line is we executed in the fourth quarter," Miller said. "The last five or six games we have been trying to do the same thing by holding our opponents in the final quarter. Tonight we came up big once again." Fratello, who likes to preach defense and likes a slow style of pace got what he wanted out of Memphis in the 4th quarter when they held the 76ers to just 8 points.

"The players did a great job stopping Howard," Fratello said. "He had his worse game as a Sixer against us and in previous games he was averaging around 24 a game, but tonight showed how well we improved on the defensive end from last season.” With Memphis losing, 76-74, entering the fourth quarter, the Grizzlies started off on an 8-0 run, and the Sixers weren’t able to score until the 9:21 mark. "Coach Fratello kept us in the game and he's very positive," Gasol said. "I think the big thing here is that everyone on the team respects him." Gasol had 14 points and 7 boards as Memphis took a 51-44 lead at halftime. Overall, he was 10-of-14 from the floor. "Pau was very good tonight, very good, even with double- and triple-teams," Fratello said. "Once they figured out (Pau) was going to be too much to handle, they brought the whole entourage and he answered."

"We have been on a roll lately, so I wanted to keep that up," Gasol said. "I tried to come out aggressive from the start. That first quarter helped. Getting off quick helped get my confidence up." Andre Iguodala sparked an early third-quarter run with 11 points as the Sixers regained the lead from the 2nd quarter. Layups by Gasol and Shane Battier, and a 3-pointer by Williams helped the Grizzlies rebuild their previous lead from the 2nd quarter. Philadelphia's Allen Iverson scored 26 points, but with Howard not coming up with his usual 20 points things were a little harder. Howard shot 3-11 from the field and grabbed 8 boards. "I'm frustrated at my play, I had the open opportunities, but couldn‘t knock the shots down," Howard said. "I think this is the team for me and I want to help in anyway I can, I just hope I can comeback next game and try to help in a winning effort."

Game Photos

Rookie Ronny Turiaf catching the tough pass in the post
Mike Miller had a bad night from the field shooting 2-13
Jwill dished out five dimes against the Sixers
Iguodala was the 2nd leading scorer on the team with 20 points
Howard didn't have too many highlights to show tonight
Gasol finished with a huge double-double of 24 points and 12 boards
Iverson attempted 22 shots which was the most he has taken in 7 games

ImageWizards-96
ImageSixers-102

Sixers Boxscore | Wizards Boxscore

Josh Howard scored 25 points once again and continued to impress

WASHINGTON, January 1 (Ticker) -- With everything going right for the Philadelphia 76ers, facing the Washington Wizards made things even better. Playing without injured star bench players Samuel Dalembert and Rashad McCants for most of the game, the 76ers rallied from a 5-point third-quarter deficit for a 102-96 victory over the Wizards, who have now lost 11 of their last 12 games. It was a total team effort by the Sixers, who had five players with at least 8 points and withstood a combined 59 points put up by Arenas, Jamison and Hayes, who kept the Wizards in the game in the 2nd half but faltered down the stretch. "We did everything that you need to do defensively to win the game against a good team," Philadelphia coach Jim O'Brien said. "Everything we needed to do, we did down the stretch."

For the first time this season, Philadelphia (20-11) has won eight of their last nine games and are nine games over .500. Neither of those seemed possible early in the fourth quarter, when a 3-pointer by Arenas capped a 13-5 burst that gave Washington a 91-86 lead. On the verge of their winning streak coming to an end, the Sixers responded with 14 straight points as Josh Howard and Allen Iverson - who combined for 48 points - both had a pair of baskets. "It would have been easy to fold and have an excuse that we were short on players and our stamina was low," Howard said. "But we have so much fight as a team and so much pride - that Philadelphia pride. That's what keeps us ready."

Simien scored 16 points for Philadelphia, which remained in first place in the Atlantic Division. Philadelphia is also closing in on one of the top two spots in the East as they are already in 3rd place. "We're peaking at the right time," Simien said. "The chemistry is there at the right time. Judging by what the doctors said, Rashad and Sam injuries aren‘t real severe so they should be able to play next game. Everybody is staying ready as a team. We know what we have to do to perform and win games, and we're willing to do it. We have a lot of tough players here, tough meaning mentally." McCants had a sprained wrist, while Dalembert ended up with a strained calf. Both players were injured in the 2nd quarter with McCants injured at the 9:09 mark and Dalembert at the 3:43 mark. The Sixers will host the Memphis Grizzlies tomorrow and will try to continue their winning streak.

Game Photos
Simien shot 6-21 from the field but ended up with 16 points
McCants was only able to put up one shot in the game
Kwame finished two rebounds short of a double-double
Iguodala going up to block Arenas in midair
Dampier is averaging 17rpg in the past two games
Antawn Jamison finished with 20 points and 13 boards
Iverson continued his excellent shooting with Dampier and Howard in the lineup

ImageRaptors-79
ImageSixers-108

Sixers Boxscore | Raptors Boxscore

Allen Iverson may have a new star player to work with in Josh Howard

TORONTO, December 29 (Ticker) -- Josh Howard and Andre Iguodala gave Allen Iverson all the help he needed. Hoawrd scored 25 points and Iguodala added 19 as the Philadelphia 76ers raced past the Toronto Raptors, 108-79. Iverson had 25 points and nine assists for the 76ers, who shot 51 percent (40-of-78) from the field, held a ridiculous 52-34 advantage in rebounds as they continued their winning ways. "We tried to limit their offensive rebounding and Dampier along with Simien did a great job of boxing out," Iverson said. "We took some good shots on the offensive end and we didn't turn the ball over to where they could get easy baskets." Philadelphia took complete control in the third quarter, when Iguodala scored 8 points. The high-flying sophmore coverted on a 4-point play before a baseline jumper was made by Iverson pushed the margin to double digits midway through the quarter.

"Allen's going to get his points, but if everyone else steps up on the offensive end, it just makes it easier for him and he has more energy for defense," Iguodala said. Erick Dampier scored 10 points and grabbed a season-high 19 rebounds and Wayne Simien added 18 and 12 for Philadelphia, which has won 3 straight games. "Coach has been telling me to look for my shots," Igoudala said. "The first three I took in the second half felt pretty good, and then I got a couple more open looks and starting being aggressive." Josh Howard almost had a triple double as he was one rebound and three assists short. "I really was feeling it so I was just trying to take good shots and I was able to get in the paint and grab some boards,“ Howard said.

Rafer Alston had 18 points and 5 assists as he led the Raptors and Morris Peterson and Donyell Marshall scored 16 apiece, but combined for 11-37 shooting. The Raptors shot just 33% from the field (27-81). Jalen Rose was held to 7 points on 2-7 shooting, while leading scorer Chris Bosh only had 10 points. "It's an embarrassing game," said Rose, visibly frustrated after the game. "We just haven‘t been on the same page especially after losing those 5 straight games, but at the end of the day we are still pros and you have to go out there and compete." The Sixers only shot 1-8 from downtown, but what helped them the most was their inside game and going to the free throw line as they attempted 34 free throws and made 27 of them.

Game Photos
Simien had his 2nd double-double in his first 3 starts
Rose only made two field goals against the Sixers
Iguodala had one of his best games at the SG position
Howard tied Iverson with 25 points apiece in tonight's game
Donyell Marshall almost fouled out with 5 fouls and he also had 5 boards
Raptors leading scorer didn't have such a great night
Iverson repaid Alston for the other hard hit

ImageBulls-93
ImageSixers-99

Sixers Boxscore | Bulls Boxscore

Point guard, Devin Harris was happy to get on the court after being traded to Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA, December 28 (Ticker) -- Just when it looked like the Chicago Bulls were going to steal a win from the Philadelphia 76ers, Allen Iverson stole it back. Iverson stripped the ball from Kirk Hinrich to preserve a 99-93 victory for the 76ers who have won their last 5 out of 6 games. The 76ers were in control throughout and led by as many 22 points in the game, but in the 2nd half is where they had many of their problems. This one followed a familiar pattern as the Sixers went scoreless for more than four minutes and saw their edge dwindle to 93-89. The Bulls took possession with 35 seconds left and had trouble getting into their offense. Iverson poked the ball away from Hinrich near midcourt, and when Hinrich dived for the ball, Iverson picked it up and ran to the other end for the easy layup.

"I didn't want to gamble and give him a good look, and then somebody would have to help me," Iverson said. "But I did get a piece of the ball one time, so I just stayed aggressive." Iverson finished with three steals for the game. "Allen has a way of getting his hands on the ball at the end of the game, especially when the game is on the line," said Sixers coach Jim O'Brien, who used an entirely new lineup with the new acquisitions for the Mavericks. "He won another game for us this season that way." On Chicago's previous possession, Hinrich thought he had made a three-point play that would’ve cut the lead to 95-92, but he was called for a charge. "That's basketball," said Hinrich, who had 19 points and eleven assists. "You get some calls and others you just don't."

Newcomer Josh Howard sank two free throws to seal the win. Howard ended up being the leading scorer in his first game as a Sixer as he scored 23 points on 9-18 shooting and grabbed 6 boards. "I‘m just trying to fit in and I wanted to just play the way I‘m use to playing," Howard said. "I know that I wanted to get off to the right start and that‘s exactly what I did." Iverson had 22 points and 9 assists. Erick Dampier started in place of Samuel Dalembert and he ended up with a big night. Dampier, who was also brought over to the deal from Dallas, had 8 points, 12 rebounds and a block. Devin Harris, who came off the bench in his Sixer debut finished with 3 points and 2 assists in 12 minutes of play. "It was a great performance by him," Iverson speaking of Dampier. "He gave us some great energy and 12 rebounds. I think he had a few deflections, too. I think he looked comfortable in the starting role." Bulls sixth man, Ben Gordon scored 18 points off the bench for the Bulls, who have now loss five straight.

Game Photos
Simien had another solid game in his 2nd career start
Josh Howard got off on the right foot in his Philadelphia 76er debut
Iguodala will now be operating things from the SG position
Hinrich led the Bulls with 19 points, but made some bad mistakes down the stretch
Iverson shot 9-17 from the field against the Bulls
Eddy Curry with his only field goal of the game
Ben Gordon is making a run for Sixth Man of the Year scoring 18 points off the bench

ImagePistons-87
ImageSixers-101

Sixers Boxscore | Pistons Boxscore

Rip Hamilton led the lowly Pistons with 28 points

PHILADELPHIA, December 26 (Ticker) -- Allen Iverson and the Philadelphia 76ers had the Eastern Conference leading team looking tired and hurt. Iverson had 32 points and 9 assists as the hot-shooting 76ers rode a great 2nd half and sent a message in an easy 101-87 victory over the Detroit Pistons. Rookie Wayne Simien had a double-double for Philadelphia, which shot 50 percent (40-of-79) from the field as it took total advantage of the tired Pistons. The Pistons weren’t able to match the shooting percentage by the Sixers as they shot 38% from the field. Playing the first 42 minutes, Iverson started at his usual breakneck pace, which the Pistons could not match. The NBA scoring leader made 13-of-21 shots and four steals, falling just shy of his 62nd career 40-point game.

The Sixers made their first eight shots, but the Pistons did were still in control from most of the first quarter. They held a 27-22 lead after one period and the Sixers cut the deficit by one point heading into halftime with a 56-52 deficit behind 20 points by Iverson, who had more points than the Pistons entire frontcourt combined. Detroit were losing their composure as the Sixers cut the lead to two points at the end of the 3rd quarter. Wayne Simien made a pair of jumpers to trigger a 12-2 run that gave Philadelphia control for good for the entire 4th quarter and were able to hold the Pistons to just eight 4th quarter points. Simien scored a career-high 22 points and also shot 3-3 from downtown.

With the outcome well in hand during a timeout in the fourth quarter, TV microphones picked up Sixers coach Jim O'Brien exhorting his team to pour it on and deliver a message to the Pistons, whom they lost to in the first two meetings of the season. The Sixers (17-11) made 10-of-14 3-pointers and collected 9 steals as they have won 4 of their last 5 game. Erick Dampier made his debut in a Sixers uniform tonight and he received a standing ovation from the crowd. He was the only player available from the deal tonight with Devin Harris and Josh Howard still being out due to their physical. In Dampier’s debut, he scored 6 points and grabbed 6 rebounds in 18 minutes of play. “The mood here is great and I’ve enjoyed myself so far, I’m pretty sure that Devin and Josh will like the new atmosphere as well,” Dampier said.

Game Photos
Simien scored a career-high with 22 points in his first debut
McCants was quiet tonight and only played 21 minutes
Allen Iverson was able to have a big night over the Pistons defense
Iguodala going up to grab the rebound
Newcomer Erick Dampier had a solid debut for the Sixers
Billups was no match for the quick paced Iverson tonight

ImagePistons-97
ImageSixers-86

Sixers Boxscore | Pistons Boxscore

Tayshaun Prince was 3-4 from downtown and scored 17 points

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., December 24 (Ticker) -- Allen Iverson and the Philadelphia 76ers showed their fight. The Detroit Pistons displayed their championship pedigree. Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince made clutch shots in the final 80 seconds as the Pistons recovered after almost blowing a big lead to the 76ers, 97-86, that ended their 4-game losing skid. "This is the fourth (game) in five nights and it feels like it," Billups said. "Games like this and wins like this mean a lot. It's better than winning a game by 20 points. Winning a game like this just builds a lot of character and builds trust in everybody. This was a great win." Detroit coach Larry Brown said he could tell a lot of his players were running on empty.

"We're fortunate we got a win," Brown said. "I don't know how, but we'll take it. I think under the circumstances, this was probably the most meaningful win for me as a coach, watching what these guys did. They could have packed it in." The former NBA champion Pistons (17-9) methodically worked their way to an 54-41 at halftime, relying on Richard Hamilton's offense and an assault on the offensive glass. But the 76ers (16-11) went to a bigger backcourt and rallied to trim the lead down to 7 points heading into the 4th quarter. Iverson had a 3-pointer and hit two free throws early in the 4th quarter that moved the Sixers within’ two points. After Hamilton drove for a hoop, Prince drilled a 3-pointer at the 1:20 mark. Iverson, who had 24 points and 7 assists, took a bad shot and Wallace made him pay by popping free for a 17-footer with 48 seconds left.

Second year player Andre Iguodala kept the Sixers within‘ five points after that sequence, but Billups struck at the other end with a 12-footer over Iverson with 24 seconds to go. "We had run the first play for Rip (Hamilton) and we came back with the same play and they thought we were going the same way, so it was definitely a good read," Billups said. "I just had to make a play." Iverson was disappointed in the loss, but not in the chances the 76ers had at the end. "The comeback was at perfect timing, but we couldn’t get the defensive stops,” he said. We had the opportunity to tie it up and go into overtime, we just couldn't get it done. You can make all the excuses you want. They were just better than us tonight. But we'll be back." Hamilton scored 20 points, Prince added 17 and Ben Wallace 13 and 15 rebounds for the Pistons, who outrebounded the 76ers 47-40.

Game Photos
Villanueva throwing the dunk with two hands
Hamilton stripped by Iverson while going up for the shot
Rasheed Wallace finished the game with 15 points and 13 boards
McCants was almost perfect from the field shooting 5-6
Dalembert rising over Sheed to dunk with one hand
Billups knocking down one of the key shots in the closing minutes of the game
Iverson running into traffic in the lane

[size=75]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/urbangenius/mafia%20pic
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:12 pm, edited 146 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Philadelphia 76ers 2005-06 Schedule

Oct Opponent Score W-L High Pts High Reb
Fri 28 @ Orlando W 103-90 OT |1-0|C. Webber 31|S. Dalembert 20
Mon 31 Cleveland W 104-94 |2-0|A. Iverson 26|S. Dalembert 10

NovOpponent Score W-L High Pts High Reb
Wed 2 @ Seattle W 107-99 |3-0|A. Iverson 33|S. Dalembert 15
Fri 4 Cleveland W 121-116 |4-0|A. Iguodala 26|A. Iguodala 9
Mon 7 LA Lakers W 97-87 |5-0|A. Iverson 24|C. Webber 10
Tue 8 @ Cleveland W 105-88 |6-0|A. Iverson 28|C. Webber 10
Fri 11 Chicago L 109-106 |6-1|R. McCants 20|S. Dalembert 7
Sun 13 Detroit L 100-89 |6-2|A. Iguodala 26|S. Dalembert 16
Mon 14 Sacramento L 99-94 |6-3|A. Iverson 28|C. Webber 8
Thu 17 @ LA Lakers W 94-86 |7-3|C. Webber 28|C. Webber 12
Sat 19 @ New York L 119-112 |7-4|A. Iverson 50|2 Tied 15
Tue 22 Seattle L 110-99 |7-5|A. Iverson 25|S. Dalembert 11
Wed 23 @ Utah W 104-97 |8-5|R. McCants 26|C. Webber 10
Fri 25 @ LA Clippers L 108-105 |8-6|A. Iverson 31|S. Dalembet 11
Sun 27 Atlanta W 113-96 |9-6|A. Iverson 31|S. Dalembert 10
Tue 29 New York W 105-102 |10-6|C. Webber 28|C. Webber 15

Dec Opponent Score W-L High Pts High Reb
Sat 3 @ Golden State W 96-81 |11-6|A. Iverson 27|W. Simien 14
Mon 5 HOuston L 106-90 |11-7|2 Tied 22|C. Webber 13
Thu 8 Washington W 105-102 |12-7|A. Iverson 29|S. Dalembert 10
Fri 9 San Antonio L 83-69 |12-8|A. Iverson 19|S. Dalembert 14
Sun 11 New Jersey L 105-100 |12-9|A. Iverson 27|A. Iguodala 11
Tue 13 @ Indiana W 96-79 |13-9|A. Iverson 31|A. Iverson 11
Fri 16 Minnesota L 109-97 |13-10|R. McCants 27|2 Tied 9
Sun 18 @ Indiana W 83-80 |14-10|C. Webber 23|S. Dalembert 10
Mon 19 Boston W 102-72 |15-10|A. Iverson 41|S. Dalembert 15
Thu 22 Indiana W 115-85 |16-10|A. Iverson 28|C. Webber 11
Sat 24 @ Detroit L 97-86 |16-11|A. Iverson 24|S. Dalembert 8
Mon 26 Detroit W 101-87 |17-11|A. Iverson 32|W. Simien 12
Wed 28 Chicago W 99-93 |18-11|J. Howard 23|E. Dampier 12
Thu 29 @ Toronto W 108-79 |19-11|2 Tied 25|E. Dampier 19

Jan Opponent Score W-L High Pts High Reb
Sun 1 Washington W 102-96 |20-11|J. Howard 25|E. Dampier 15
Mon 2 @ Memphis L 94-84 |20-12|A. Iverson 26|S. Dalembert 11
Thu 5 @ New Orleans W 94-76 |21-11|A. Iverson 30|E. Dampier 17
Sat 7 @ Boston W 82-77 |22-11|A. Iverson 23|E. Dampier 12
Tue 10 LA Clippers W 93-92 |23-11|A. Iverson 23|W. Simien 10
Thu 12 @ New Jersey L 89-95 |23-12|A. Iverson 33|W. Simien 11
Fri 13 Phoenix L 106-99 |23-13|W. Simien 29|W. Simien 15
Mon 16 @ Miami W 100-88 |24-13|J. Howard 27|W. Simien 19
Tue 17 @ Orlando
Fri 20 Boston
Sat 21 @ Miami
Tue 24 Toronto
Thu 26 New Orleans
Sat 28 Memphis
Mon 30 @ New York
Tue 31 @ Atlanta

Feb Opponent Score W-L High Pts High Reb
Thu 2 Denver
Sat 4 @ Charlotte
Sun 5 Utah
Wed 8 Orlando
Sat 11 Indiana
Wed 15 Portland
Thu 16 @ Chicago
Fri 17 ROOKIE-SOPHMORE CHALLENGE
Sat 18 ALL-STAR SATURDAY NIGHT
Sun 19 NBA ALL-STAR GAME

Mon 20 @ Denver
Wed 22 @ Milwaukee
Thu 23 TRADE DEADLINE
Sat 25 @ New Jersey
Sun 26 @ Portland

Mar Opponent Score W-L High Pts High Reb
Thu 2 @ Houston
Sat 4 Dallas
Mon 6 @ Atlanta
Wed 8 Milwaukee
Fri 10 New York
Sun 12 @ Sacramento
Mon 13 Charlotte
Thu 16 @ Minnesota
Sat 18 @ Washington
Mon 20 @ Dallas
Wed 22 New Jersey
Tue 28 Golden State
Wed 29 Milwaukee
Fri 31 Charlotte

Apr Opponent Score W-L High Pts High Reb
Sun 2 Orlando
Mon 3 @ Boston
Wed 5 Miami
Fri 7 @ Toronto
Sat 8 @ Cleveland
Wed 12 @ Washington
Fri 14 Atlanta
Sat 15 @ Detroit
Mon 17 Toronto
Wed 26 @ Phoenix
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:38 am, edited 80 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Ticket Information

Single-Game Tickets
COMING SOON

Season Ticket Packages
Full Season Ticket Holder Benefits:
-Free “Rookie Orientation Team Meeting Event”! (Held in October, 2005)
-6-month payment program
-Dedicated Customer Service Manager
-Same Great Seats for every Game
-Significant Savings up to 25% off single game prices
-Priority Seating for the Playoffs
-Seat Upgrade Priority
-Holiday Gift
-Individual Game Ticket availability prior to General Public
-Access to Wachovia Complex Events and Concerts
-VIP Parking Options
-Plus many more

Family Packs
Exclusive Ticket Offers
Family Packs will return in 2005-06 - 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas and 4 coupons good for a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich 4 one low price of $99. Anyone who purchases a Sixers Family Pack will also receive a Hangtimes game night program. Participating Chick-fil-A locations.

Group Ticket Information
One of the best ways to go to a 76ers game is with a group of friends or co-workers! The 76ers have special packages available for groups of 20 or more. So round up your team and head on out to a 76ers game.

Here's what groups of 20 or more get:
-Preferred Seating as a group.
-Great Discounts on select games.
-Special Group Welcome on our JumboTron Scoreboard.
-Group Leader Goodie Bag.

Additional Benefits Include:
[color=blue]-Opportunity to purchase our Special Value Coupons which includes a hot dog, soda, popcorn and a 76ers Cap. A $25.00 value for only $10.00 a person (see below for other programs).
-"Play on the 76ers Court" and live out your very own Court of Dreams with our pre and post game opportunities, one of three great group specialty programs.
-The 76ers Club Box Packages combine first class catered food and beverage package along with exclusive club seat tickets. Entertain your group while watching the 76ers play at the same time in one of our luxurious arena club boxes. These packages can accomodate groups of any size and are a unique and entertaining event alternative!
[/color
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun May 22, 2005 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

1987-2004 Recap

1987-90: "Dr. J" Calls It A Career
Julius Erving retired after the 1986-87 season, having scored 30,026 points in his combined ABA and NBA careers. He played 11 marvelous NBA seasons with the Sixers-totaling 18,364 points-and left in third place on the team's all-time scoring list behind Hal Greer (21,586) and Dolph Schayes (19,249). Erving was elected into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1993.

Jim Lynam replaced Matt Guokas as head coach in Philadelphia midway through the 1987-88 season, but the 76ers were without the firepower to manage a winning record, finishing at 36-46 and out of the playoffs. Barkley had a tremendous season, finishing fourth in the league in scoring (28.3 ppg) and sixth in rebounding (11.9 rpg). Cliff Robinson was the team's second-leading scorer at 19.0 points per game. Philadelphia enlisted rookie bomber Hersey Hawkins and swingman Ron Anderson for the 1988-89 campaign. They were welcome additions, and they teamed with Barkley (25.8 ppg, 12.5 rpg) and center Mike Gminski (17.2 ppg) to compile a 46-36 record and a second-place finish in the Atlantic Division (behind New York but ahead of Boston). Philadelphia met the Knicks in a first-round playoff series and lost in three straight.

Barkley's era with the 76ers peaked in 1989-90. Rick Mahorn was enlisted to give the Sixers 500 pounds of forwards, while Johnny Dawkins and Hersey Hawkins formed the league's best-rhyming backcourt. Hawkins scored to the tune of 18.5 points per game; Dawkins chimed in with 14.3 points per contest. The Sixers finished at 53-29 and edged Boston by one game for the Atlantic Division title. They then slipped past Cleveland in a tightly-contested five-game playoff series but ran into a rising Chicago Bulls team in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Chicago would begin its three-year title reign the following season, and in 1990 Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen were too much for Philadelphia, as the Bulls won the best-of-seven series in five games.

1990-92: Injuries Take Their Toll
In 1990-91 Philadelphia charted a similar course through the playoffs, winning a first-round series before losing to the Bulls again in the conference semifinals. During the regular season a Sixers team in decline had won nine fewer games than the previous year and had finished second to the Celtics in the Atlantic Division.

Dawkins was lost to a knee injury four games into the 1990-91 season, knocking a hole in the team's chances for a long postseason run. Barkley was brilliant as ever, averaging 27.6 points (fourth best in the NBA), shooting .570 from the field (also fourth), hauling in 10.1 rebounds per game, and capturing the NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award. Hawkins was a model of consistency at off guard, contributing 22.1 points per contest.

Injuries took their toll, however. The only two Sixers to play in all 82 games were Ron Anderson and Manute Bol, a 7-7 former tribesman from Sudan who blocked 247 shots (fourth best in the NBA) despite playing just 18.6 minutes per game.

The 1991-92 Sixers dipped below .500, finishing 35-47 and fifth in the Atlantic Division. The club let Rick Mahorn go to Italy, a move that did not sit well with Barkley, and suffered from injuries and poor chemistry throughout the year. The 1983 championship team now seemed a distant memory, as positions once played by Moses Malone, Julius Erving, and Maurice Cheeks were now occupied by Charles Shackleford, Armon Gilliam, and Johnny Dawkins.

1992-93: Rebuilding Sixers Trade Barkley
Although the Sixers didn't make the playoffs, Barkley kept them in the headlines with his tremendous play (23.1 ppg, 11.1 rpg) and his public restlessness in Philadelphia. At season's end, the Sixers obliged Barkley and took a major step toward rebuilding when they traded their portly superstar to the Phoenix Suns for guard Jeff Hornacek, forward Tim Perry, and center Andrew Lang.

The Sixers also changed coaches, moving Jim Lynam into the general manager position and hiring Doug Moe to run the team. Philadelphia then scored in the 1992 NBA Draft with the selection of Southern Mississippi's Clarence Weatherspoon, an explosive forward who, ironically enough, reminded many of Barkley.

The changes didn't produce immediate results, though. Hornacek averaged 19.1 points, but Perry and Lang didn't excel, and Dawkins seemed to fall out of favor. Weatherspoon was a pleasant addition, averaging 15.6 points and 7.2 rebounds and earning selection to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team.

With the team stalled at 19-37 after a 56-point loss to Seattle, Philadelphia replaced Moe with Fred Carter, a former Sixers player who had spent 12 years as an NBA assistant. The team finished with a 26-56 record and with the No. 2 pick in the 1993 NBA Draft. (Barkley, meanwhile, carried Phoenix to the NBA Finals and won the league's Most Valuable Player Award.)

1993-94: Sixers Stumble, Then Look To Lucas For Help
The Sixers used their No. 2 pick on Shawn Bradley, the most intriguing prospect in the 1993 NBA Draft. Bradley was a 7-6 center with undeniable athletic ability, but he had played only one year of college basketball before spending two years as a Mormon missionary in Australia. Nevertheless, Philadelphia made the untested giant the center of its rebuilding effort. Prior to the 1993-94 season the Sixers released several players and shipped Hersey Hawkins off to the Charlotte Hornets in a deal that brought Dana Barros to Philadelphia. Then, at midseason, the Sixers traded Jeff Hornacek to the Utah Jazz for Jeff Malone. The team started slowly as Bradley, who hadn't played for two years, tried to learn the NBA game. He quickly developed into one of the leading shotblockers in the league, improved his scoring gradually, and often kept the Sixers competitive. But on February 18 he dislocated his kneecap and was lost for the rest of the year. The team fared poorly after that, dropping 11 straight home games in one stretch and 17 of its final 19 contests on the road to finish at 25-57. Clarence Weatherspoon, who was quietly developing into one of the league's best young forwards, topped the Sixers in both scoring (18.4 ppg) and rebounding (10.1 rpg). In the summer of 1994 Philadelphia's rebuilding effort continued at a frantic pace. The Sixers replaced Fred Carter with John Lucas, who came over from the San Antonio Spurs to serve as the team's head coach and general manager. Then, wielding two first-round picks in the NBA Draft, Philadelphia came away with center Sharone Wright and point guard B. J. Tyler, two excellent prospects. And finally, the Sixers signed free agent Scott Williams.

1994-95: Barros's Brilliant Breakthrough
The Philadelphia 76ers were weak again in 1994-95, finishing at 24-58 and out of the playoffs for the fourth year in a row. Philadelphia fans nevertheless found a few reasons to be hopeful for the future. Foremost among them was the play of 5-11 Dana Barros, who won the NBA's Most Improved Player Award after emerging as one of the league's most dangerous point guards. Barros ranked second in the league in minutes (3,318), third in three-point shooting (.464) and free throw shooting (.899), 10th in steals (1.82 per game), 11th in assists (7.5 apg), and 18th in scoring (20.6 ppg). On March 14 he poured in 50 points to become only the third player under 6 feet tall in NBA history to reach that mark, and he finished the campaign with a single-season NBA record of 58 games in which he made at least one three-point field goal. He played in the All-Star Game, set a franchise single-game road record with 19 assists, and registered his first career triple-double on April 8.

Philadelphia received another solid season from Clarence Weatherspoon, as well as inspired and promising work at forward and center from both rookie Sharone Wright and newly acquired Scott Williams. Center Shawn Bradley's development continued on an upward path. Early in the season he was frequently in foul trouble-he led the league in disqualifications-yet he flourished in the second half of the campaign, posting 13 double-doubles in points and rebounds in his last 17 contests. Bradley finished third in the league in blocks with 3.34 per game.

A foot injury that limited off guard Jeff Malone to only 19 games resulted in a gap in the Sixers' attack. Looking for help at that spot and on the bench, Philadelphia used a team-record 20 players during the year. The team called up three players from the Continental Basketball Association and used four others who were frequent minor league performers. The Sixers were 9-26 in games decided by six points or less, losing more games by that margin than any other team in the league. Philadelphia's outlook for the 1995-96 season got a little brighter when they selected underclassman Jerry Stackhouse out of North Carolina with the third overall pick in the 1995 NBA Draft.

1995-96: Sixers "Stack" Deck for Future
The addition of Jerry Stackhouse gave the Sixers one of the brightest young stars in the NBA. He and Clarence Weatherspoon provided a nice young nucleus from which to build. However finding talent to surround them with was often difficult, as injuries and personnel moves forced the team to dress 24 players, the second-most in franchise history.

The team stumbled home with a record of 18-64, finding a dubious place in NBA history as the first team to see its losses increase for a sixth straight season. Dana Barros had left before the season, signing with the Boston Celtics as a free agent. Shawn Bradley, the onetime future of the team, was dealt to New Jersey in a trade that brought Derrick Coleman to Philadelphia, but injuries limited Coleman to only 11 games.

Stackhouse led all NBA rookies with 19.2 ppg, and was the Rookie of the Month in March, but even he wasn't immune to injuries. He suffered an injured thumb on April 5, and was lost for the final weeks of the season. Weatherspoon added 16.7 points and led the team with 9.7 rebounds.

The Sixers' four biggest moves came in the offseason. The team was sold by Harold Katz to Pat Croce, a former 76ers strength and conditioning coach, and the Comcast Corporation. The coaching reins were handed from John Lucas to Johnny Davis. The team moved from the Spectrum, their longtime home, into the new CoreStates Center for the 1996-97 season, and having won the first overall pick in the 1996 NBA Lottery, tabbed point guard Allen Iverson to run the team's offense.

1996-97: Iverson Points the Way
Billed as "The Answer," Allen Iverson arrived on the NBA scene and immediately became one of the league's most exciting players. With unmatched quickness, Iverson wowed crowds at the new CoreStates Center with a spectacular crossover dribble and a seeming ability to score at will. While he couldn't save the Sixers from a disappointing 22-60 season, his play gave every indication that he is indeed the Answer to many of the Sixers' struggles.

Iverson proved his worth under the national spotlight on All-Star Saturday, winning Most Valuable Player honors at the Schick Rookie Game. But the telltale sign of his explosiveness came in April, when he set an NBA rookie record by scoring 40 or more points in five consecutive games, highlighted by a 50-point outburst against the Cleveland Cavaliers on April 12. He was named the NBA's Rookie of the Year.

Iverson (23.5 ppg) and teammate Jerry Stackhouse (20.7 ppg) were one of the highest scoring duos in the NBA. Forward Derrick Coleman was hampered by an assortment of injuries but averaged 18.1 ppg and 10 rpg, while Clarence Weatherspoon continued to improve. But a lack of depth proved costly to the Sixers.

Solving that problem was high on the list of priorities for Larry Brown, who was named the team's head coach at season's end, replacing Johnny Davis. Brown began to reshape his team after the 1997 NBA Draft by acquiring veterans Eric Montross and Jimmy Jackson and draftees Tim Thomas and Anthony Parker in exchange for second overall pick Keith Van Horn and three expendable veterans.

1997-98: Brown Begins to Build a Winner
A new day dawned in Philadelphia in May, when Larry Brown hired as the new head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers. Brown, a master of improving the fortunes of young teams, spent the 1997-98 season tinkering with his latest project, and the result was a Sixers team that was much different, and much better, than the one which took the court on opening night.

By season's end, only five players remained from the previous summer's roster. The Sixers ended the season with a record of 31-51, a nine-game improvement. Despite not making the playoffs, Philadelphia accumulated enough impressive wins to indicate that Brown and his team are on the right track, and the fanatic Philly fans turned out in record numbers to show their approval.

Allen Iverson followed last season's Rookie of the Year performance with a strong sophomore season, leading the team in scoring (22.0 ppg, 8th in the NBA), assists (6.2 apg) and steals (2.20 spg, 5th). The 22-year-old continued to develop his game and improved his shooting percentage from last season's .416 to a respectable .461.

Derrick Coleman was the team's leading rebounder (9.9 rpg) and second-leading scorer (17.6 ppg). When healthy, Coleman combined with Iverson to provide the Sixers with a powerful inside-outside tandem. The other constant in Philadelphia's lineup was rookie forward Thomas, an athletic player who averaged 11.0 points and 3.7 rebounds.

On Dec. 18, the nucleus of players around Coleman, Thomas and Iverson began to take on a new look. The Sixers traded Jerry Stackhouse and Eric Montross to Detroit for forward-center Theo Ratliff, guard Aaron McKie and a conditional first-round draft pick. Though Stackhouse was a visible presence in Philaelphia, he appeared to be worth the price of obtaining Ratliff, who led the Sixers in blocks (3.15 bpg) and field goal percentage (.513). Prior to the trade with the Pistons, the Sixers ranked 18th in the league in blocked shots per game. With Ratliff on board, Philadelphia moved up to fifth. Philly's other big move came on Feb. 17, when Jim Jackson and Clarence were sent to Golden State in exchange for forward Joe Smith (14.6 ppg and 6.0 rpg) and guard Brian Shaw.

The new-look Sixers had success against teams it had beaten for some time. The Sixers, who beat defending NBA champion Chicago twice, snapped losing streaks against the Bulls (16 games), the Cavaliers (12 games) and the Rockets (11 games), and notched their first win over the Suns at America West Arena. In addition, the Sixers swept the season series against the Lakers for the first time since the 1982-83 season and won all their home games against rival New York for the first time since 1989-90.

1998-99: Iverson Claims Scoring Title as the Sixers Capture the Heart of the City
The 1998-1999 NBA Season was one never to be forgotten in Philadelphia. It began post-lockout in January and ended in May with the Sixers first post-season play-off berth in eight years.

February ended with an 8-5 record, marking the first time since January of 1994 that the Sixers registered a winning month. After averaging 28.5 points, 6.0 assists, 5.8 rebounds and 2.31 steals in 40.3 minutes per game, Allen Iverson made his way into the record books by becoming the fourth player in team history to earn League Player of the Month honors.

In March the Sixers claimed a 15 point victory over the Lakers (105-90), before a sell-out crowd at the First Union Center. This was Philadelphia's largest victory over LA since 1978 and marked the third straight time the Sixers have defeated the Lakers.

April saw the Sixers record double-figure home victories over Orlando and Indiana, both on national TV and in front of sellout crowds. The team won each of their final six games in the month and went 5-5 on the road.

In May the Sixers beat Toronto at home, clinching a play-off spot for the first time since the 1990-91 season. The Sixers finished the regular season with an overtime win over Detroit. Allen Iverson finished the game with 33 points and became the first 76er since Wilt Chamberlain to win the NBA scoring title. Allen finished the year averaging a career high of 26.8 points, the sixth best in franchise history. Larry Brown finished second in the race for Coach of the year and Eric Snow finished second in the race for Most Improved, along with being selected as the Divisional winner for the 1998-1999 NBA Sportsmanship Award. The Sixers ended the regular season with a 28-22 record.

The Sixers returned to the NBA Playoffs ending their longest post season drought in franchise history. They upset Orlando in the first round capturing the best-of-five series, three games to one. With the win over the Magic, the Sixers advanced to the Eastern Conference Semifinals to take on the Indiana Pacers. Although the Pacers took the series 4-0, 3 of the four meetings were decided by four points or less.

The incredible part of the Sixers playoff run included more than just the team. The support of the fans was truly amazing. From ralley towels to "Croce Crew Cuts", the fans were in the game 100% from beginning to end. There were signs filling the arena claiming "Allen Iverson for MVP", "Larry Brown Coach of the Year", and "Let It Snow." However, the one that stood out the most and will remain clear was "We'll Be Back."

1999-2000: Sixers Make Second Straight Playoff Appearance
The opening of the 1999-2000 season showcased the Sixers' ability to exhibit a team effort, as six different players tied or led the team in scoring during the first month: Allen Iverson, Aaron McKie, Tyrone Hill, Larry Hughes, George Lynch and Eric Snow. Rookie center Todd MacCulloch also made an impression on Sixers fans as he filled in admirably for Theo Ratliff and Matt Geiger, who were both injured.

Because of the wide array of talent being exhibited by the team, the loss of Iverson for 10 games when he suffered a fractured right thumb did not cause a major disruption. The 76ers rallied in his absence and were 6-4 while their star was out. Upon his return on Dec. 15, Iverson took over the scoreboards, leading the team in scoring for 22 straight games.

To start the New Year, the Sixers scored 100 or more points in nine straight games. On Jan. 22 the team avenged their 0-4 sweep out of the last season's playoffs by Indiana, when they defeated the Pacers in front of a sold out home crowd and a prime-time national TV audience.

In February Iverson became the first 76er to be voted a starter for the Eastern Conference All-Star team since Charles Barkley in 1992. Even though the Eastern Conference Team fell to the West, Iverson led all scorers in the game with 26 points.

Toni Kukoc, who the Sixers acquired in a three-way deal with Golden State and Chicago, recorded a triple-double in March. This was the first triple-double for the team in five years. Kukoc's contribution, along with Iverson's scoring, the consistent rebounding of Hill and an outstanding overall number of assists by Snow, led the team to win five of their last six games. This secured a spot in the playoffs for the second straight year.

The Sixers dispatched of the Charlotte Hornets in the first round of the playoffs, 3-1 and advanced to the Eastern Conference Semifinals. There they squared off against the Pacers once again. Although Philadelphia did not come close to enduring the sweep of the previous season, the Sixers ultimately fell to the Pacers in Game 6 after putting up an amazing fight. The season seemed to make quite an impression overall on the fans of Philadelphia, as the team once again shattered previous attendance marks. New highs were set for both average attendance and total attendance this season, and Philadelphia fans knew that the following year promised to be even brighter for their 76ers.

2000-01: Sixers Go for Greatness Once Again
The Sixers came out of the gate full throttle in the beginning of the season and never slowed down. They began the season with a franchise record 10-straight wins, beginning with a 101-72 victory over the Knicks in New York.

Head Coach Larry Brown would have one of his bigger coaching challenges in Dec as injuries began to take their toll on the squad. Despite the losses of Eric Snow and Allen Iverson, the Sixers began a franchise high 13 game road win streak with wins in Vancouver and Portland. Aaron McKie closed out the month of Dec by recording his first career triple-double versus the Kings and earned Player of the Week honors.

Aaron McKie began the new year the same way he ended the last with a triple-double. Iverson was named Player of the Week for the first week of Jan, making him and McKie the first back-to-back Player of the Week winners since Chicago's Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan. The Sixers 13-game road winning streak ended in Toronto on Jan 28.

Larry Brown, Allen Iverson and Theo Ratliff represented the Sixers in the All-Star Game in Washington, DC. Iverson earned MVP honors for the game in the East's come from behind victory. Ratliff had to sit out of the game because of injuries and eventually had surgery on his wrist. After missing 32 games, Eric Snow returned to the Sixers lineup versus the Bucks on Feb 13. A few days after the All-Star Game, General Manager Billy King pulled the trigger on six-player trade that sent Ratliff, Nazr Mohammed, Toni Kukoc and Pepe Sanchez to Atlanta for Dikembe Mutombo and Roshown McLeod.

The Sixers clinched their first Atlantic Division crown since 1989-90 on Apr 6 against Cleveland. The following game on Apr 9, they officially claimed the best record in the Eastern Conference with a victory over the Celitcs. They ended the regular season with a 56-26 record.

The playoffs proved to be just as exciting as the regular season for the Sixers. They knocked off the team that ousted them the previous two seasons, the Pacers. After a scare in Game One, the Sixers won the series in four games. Their opponent in the Eastern Conference Semis were the Toronto Raptors. This exciting series was extended to seven games and came down to the last shot and resulted in the Sixers in the Eastern Conference Finals. This is where they faced the Bucks in another grueling seven game series that sent the Sixers to the NBA Finals versus the defending champion Los Angels Lakers.

The underdog Sixers went into the Finals against the heavily favored Lakers and pulled out a Game One victory. But they eventually fell to the Lakers in five games.

If there was one impressive and lasting impression of the Sixers 2000-2001 season, it was the constant overcoming of adversity. From playing an NBA second most back-to-back contests and sweeping 10 of them, to overcoming numerous injuries such as losing No 1 draft choice Speedy Claxton in the preseason to starting point guard Eric Snow for 32 games to Allen Iverson for 11 games to Matt Geiger for 43 games to Aaron McKie for six games.

Aside from the trip to the NBA Finals the season will also be remembered for the individual achievements. The Sixers became the first team in NBA History to win four major awards: MVP (Allen Iverson), Coach of the Year (Larry Brown), Defensive Player of the Year (Dikembe Mutombo) and Sixth Man of the Year (Aaron McKie).

2001-02: Sixers Show Tenacity and Resiliency Despite Injuries
The injury-plagued Sixers got off to a slow start at the beginning of the 2001 season, with reigning MVP Allen Iverson, Sixth Man of the Year Aaron McKie, and starting point guard Eric Snow all sidelined due to injuries. The Sixers started out 0-5, their worst start since Head Coach Larry Brown's first year with the team in 1997-98.

Fortunately, things picked up with the return of Iverson and McKie, which helped the Sixers win their next seven consecutive contests. Brown won his 1,200th career game as a college and NBA head coach on Nov. 21 with a victory versus Detroit. During the week of Nov. 12, Iverson was named the NBA's Eastern Conference Player of the Week for his performance in the seven-game winning streak.

Dikembe Mutombo led the Sixers to victory against Chicago on Dec. 1, where he recorded his first triple-double as a Sixer (10th career) and tied an NBA record with eight blocks in the third quarter of that game. Later in the month, Brown earned his 800th NBA victory in his 30th year as a head coach when the Sixers knocked off the L.A. Clippers on Dec. 26.

The Sixers came out strong in the New Year, winning three of their first four contests in January. Perhaps this was due to the headbands that the team sported for the first time at Phoenix on Jan. 2 as a statement of unity. Iverson recorded his first career triple-double versus the L.A. Clippers on Jan. 7, and knocked down his 500th career three-pointer on his way to 58 points in an overtime victory versus Houston on Jan. 15. His 58 points proved to be a career-high, NBA season-high, and tied for the fourth best mark in Sixers history. For his play in the month, Iverson was named the NBA's Eastern Conference Player of the Week twice, becoming the first player to win back-to-back awards since Karl Malone in 1997.

In February 2002 both Iverson and Mutombo were starters for the Eastern Conference team in the 2001-02 NBA All-Star Game played in Philadelphia. After the All-Star break, the Sixers began a roller-coaster ride with the .500 mark.

The Sixers had been battling injuries all season long, and had only been able to play with a full roster on three occasions. Following a streak of six straight road victories in March, the Sixers had to face the fact that they would be playing with the remainder of the season without Iverson, who suffered a fractured left hand in a March 22 game at Boston. The team rallied to win the Boston game despite playing the entire second half without the NBA's leading scorer. Snow scored 25 points in the game and began a stretch that lasted the final 22 games in which he shouldered the scoring load. In nine of those 22, Snow scored 20 or more points per game, with an overall average of seven assists per game.

A 95-89 victory at Orlando in April assured the Sixers of a playoff berth for the fourth straight season. The team ended the regular season sixth in the Eastern Conference and fourth in the Atlantic Division.

After trailing the Celtics 0-2 in the first round series, the Sixers extended the best-of-five contest to a fifth and deciding game when they came back to win both Games 3 and 4. Unfortunately, their bid to become the seventh team in NBA history to win such a series after trailing 0-2, fell short in Boston. They were handed their third worst loss in Philadelphia playoff history with a 120-87 defeat.

Despite the final loss, this season will be commemorated for the tenacity and resiliency showed by the Sixers throughout the season despite numerous injuries affecting many of their key players. In addition, the various awards, honors, and milestones by both the players and Head Coach Larry Brown made the 2001-02 season one to remember.

2002-03: Sixers Stage Second Half Surge; Brown Steps Down As Coach
The Sixers opened the 2002-03 season with the additions of Todd MacCulloch and Keith Van Horn in the line-up after an offseason trade with New Jersey. Allen Iverson captured back-to-back Player of the Week honors on Nov. 25 and Dec. 2, when he led the Sixers to a 7-1 record.

The 76ers won their first 10 home games, their longest streak to begin a season since 1966-67. In a December 18 three-team trade, the Sixers acquired forward Kenny Thomas from the Rockets. Two nights later, Iverson’s 32 points and team-record-tying nine steals carried Philadelphia to a 107-104 overtime victory against the Lakers.

After heading into the New Year with a 13-2 home record, the 76ers posted a 2-8 record at the First Union Center in January. Iverson scored his 12,000th career point in the second quarter against Boston on Jan. 20, becoming the 11th fastest player in NBA history to reach the plateau.

A midseason slump left the Sixers with a 25-24 record at the All-Star Break. After the break, the 76ers rattled off eight-straight wins. On Feb. 26, Eric Snow recorded his first career triple-double against Memphis with a season-high 22 points, 11 assists and a season-high 10 rebounds.

Larry Brown earned back-to-back Coach of the Month honors in February and March as he guided the Sixers to an 11-5 record in March, including wins in nine of 12 road games. On March 6, the Sixers held Portland to a 76ers post-shot clock opponent low 60 points. Philadelphia erased double-digit deficits in wins against East leaders Indiana on March 12 and the Nets on the 16th. The month ended as the Sixers clinched their fifth-straight playoff berth in an overtime win at Orlando while Iverson had a season-high 42 points. With 24 points and 20 rebounds, Kenny Thomas had Philadelphia’s first 20-20 performance since 1997.

Without the services of MacCulloch since February with foot neuropathy, the Sixers also lost Van Horn and Coleman for multiple games in April. Luckily for the depleted Sixers, Thomas posted 10 double-doubles in the season’s final 15 contests. In a win against the Pistons on April 8, Iverson scored 37 points, including the 13,000th point of his career, and broke the Sixers single-season steals record set by Steve Mix (212) in 1973-74. A season-best crowd of 21,257 sent Michael Jordan off in his final NBA game on April 16 with a 107-87 against Washington, clinching home-court advantage for the first round of the playoffs.

The Sixers defeated New Orleans in the first year of the NBA’s best-of-seven First Round format. Allen Iverson started off the playoffs with gusto, scoring a franchise playoff record 55 points in a 98-90 win in Game 1 against the Hornets. The teams split the two games in New Orleans before the Hornets stole Game 5 at the First Union Center to close the gap to 3-2. Iverson’s 45 points in Game 6 helped the Sixers advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals for the fourth time in five years.

Philadelphia fell to top-seeded Detroit in a Semifinal series that included two overtime losses and another defeat at the buzzer for the 76ers. Facing a 2-0 deficit, Iverson totaled 61 points and 22 assists in the two home contests as the Sixers knotted the series at 2-2. Coleman’s goaltending violation on a Chucky Atkins layup with 0.9 seconds to play lifted Detroit to a 78-77 Game 5 victory at Auburn Hills. The Sixers and Pistons went to overtime in the Game 6 elimination contest, where Chauncey Billups scored nine of his 28 points to end Philadelphia’s season.

Ten days after bowing out of the Eastern Conference Semifinals and after six years at the helm, Brown announced on May 26, 2003, that he was stepping down as the 76ers coach and vice president of basketball operations. At the same time it was announced that General Manager Billy King was named president of the team, and that Dave Coskey, the team’s executive vice president, will expand his duties and become president of a new Comcast-Spectacor Marketing Division.

2003-04: Despite Injuries, Sixers Show Potential
First-year head coach, Randy Ayers, earned his first career win, as the Sixers defeated the heat in the season opener against Miami. After dropping the first two road games of the year, Glenn Robinson made his 76ers debut and helped the team earn its first road win of the year over Portland. However, a left ankle sprain would sideline Robinson for the next month. Allen Iverson earned Easter Conference Player of the Week honors for the week ending on Nov. 16, helping the Sixers post a 2-1 record that included a 36-point, 12-assist performance in a win over defending champion San Antonio Spurs. Philadelphia dropped four of their next six games, but bounced back with a victory over the Detroit Pistons in Larry Brown’s first return to Philadelphia. Iverson finished November with his sixth career 50-point performance against Atlanta, as the Sixers evened their record at 9-9.
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun May 22, 2005 2:50 am, edited 17 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:30 pm

2006 NBA All-Star Weekend
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun May 22, 2005 2:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Awards
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun May 22, 2005 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

2006 NBA Playoffs
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Indy on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:31 pm

woow this is really really good

i love the fact that you incorporated football into the mags.

this is amazing.
Indy

Postby Jibjab10 on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:46 pm

wow nice start to a great dynasty. Some very creative ideas.

I really liked the 'read to achieve' article where the players had their fav books, very creative.

The nba gear was an aweasome idea too. I liked the foot locker store too. You put i my shoes in there that i just bought,

http://www.footlocker.com/catalog/produ ... &id=0&mvp=

those are the ones i got same colors too lol.

Nice start i will definitly be following this one.
Jibjab10

Postby trubucksfan on Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:19 pm

nice to see you back, you must have worked on this start for awhile. hopefully you stick with this one, your dynasties are prolly in the top 3 here.
trubucksfan

Postby Riot on Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:09 pm

Nice start mafia, looks real sharp. I'll be reading.
Riot
WHAT DA F?!?! CHEEZITS!?

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:37 pm

IndyPacers67 wrote:woow this is really really good

i love the fact that you incorporated football into the mags.

this is amazing.

Thanks and I would like to give credit to piksS for designing the ESPN magazine.

k3232x wrote:wow nice start to a great dynasty. Some very creative ideas.

I really liked the 'read to achieve' article where the players had their fav books, very creative.
The nba gear was an aweasome idea too. I liked the foot locker store too. You put i my shoes in there that i just bought

Yea I've been working on a few more things as well, just trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to get it to work. I will update the nba gear most likely every two weeks in my dynasty to keep things fresh. I will also probably be adding other team jerseys as well.

trubucksfan wrote:nice to see you back, you must have worked on this start for awhile. hopefully you stick with this one, your dynasties are prolly in the top 3 here.

I'm going to try and stick with this one. That's the main reason I chose the Suns was because they are fun team to play with and finishing a season is something I really never did whenever I posted a dynasty so that motivates me even more to finishing the whole thing this time.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:37 pm

HAWKS VS. SUNS
American West Arena, Phoenix, 7:00 p.m., PST

TV, radio: FSAZ; KTAR 620
Records: Hawks, 0-0; Suns, 0-0

KEY MATCHUP: SHAWN MARION VS. ANTOINE WALKER
Walker will finally be able to shoot all he wants as he is on a team with no real offensive threat except for Al Harrington. Expect, Walker to take the majority of the shots for the Hawks and Marion's long arms will have to prevent Walker from making any shots. Shawn Marion's athletic ability will give him the advantage over Walker. The speed of Marion will be a problem for Walker, so expect Marion to use alot of footwork in this game trying to tire out Walker.

INSIDE THE HAWKS
The Hawks will have a fresh start tonight as they face the Suns. Atlanta has been one of the worst basketball teams in the NBA in the past 5 years. After adding Walker and Harrington to the team and letting Stephen Jackson and Jason Terry go, will this really improve the Hawks? They have also got Josh Childress and Josh Smith in the NBA Draft during the summer.

INSIDE THE SUNS
The Phoenix Suns signed Steve Nash and Quentin Richardson in the offseason and they probably have one of the most entertaining starting lineups in the league. Expect this to be a very high fastbreaking team this season. Steve Nash will bring alot of it in tonight's game. Amare Stoudemire should be an all-star canidate for this year's all-star game because you can expect for him to get more touches in this fast-pace offense.

PROBABLE STARTERS
C-Jason Collier
PF-Antoine Walker
SF-Al Harrington
SG-Ronald Ivey
PG-Kenny Anderson

C-Amare Stoudemire
PF-Shawn Marion
SF-Quentin Richardson
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Steve Nash
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Mark. on Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:02 pm

Holy Crap dude you must have spent soo much time making this one. Well done. Its like a actual NBA team page.

I cant wait for your first recap. :D
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:29 pm

match_66 wrote:Holy Crap dude you must have spent soo much time making this one. Well done. Its like a actual NBA team page.

I cant wait for your first recap. :D

Thanks for the comment. I've made a small update in the "around the league scores" section. It's something new I've added to my dynasties and will do it for the rest of the season if you know exactly what I'm talking about. :lol:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Donatello on Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:32 pm

good to see it posted here finally :D your hard work has payed off! :applaud: now...just don't quit like me! ahahaha.
||[b]b]||
Donatello
Dongatello

Start

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:34 pm

Incredible start! :applaud:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:47 pm

Suns Had Too Much Firepower
Phoenix blew past the Hawks in a 120-81 blowout

ImageHawks-81
ImageSuns-120

Amare Stoudemire with the two hand jam

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- If everyone thought the Suns 7-1 preseason record was a fluke, take a look at tonight's game. The Suns connected on nearly every one of their fast breaks in the game and there was no stopping their hot shooting from the field.

At the start of the first quarter, Nash set the tone by knocking down two 3 pointers in the opening minutes. The Hawks were able to hang on throughout the quarter as they were only down 22-20 at the end of the first. "We were just getting warmed up at the beginning," Shawn Marion said. "I knew we were going to be able to make some run sooner or later. It was just in a matter of time of playing together and connecting on our fastbreaks." The Suns did exactly that in the 2nd quarter as they opened up a an 18 point lead after scoring 36 points in the quarter and holding the Hawks to only 18 points. Joe Johnson and Stoudemire controlled the tempo in that quarter and they combined for 14 of the Suns 36 points.

Atlanta really struggled from the outside as they shot 4-21 from three point land and they just shot 40% from the field. "We just didn't play well tonight. Nobody was moving on the court and it was like Walker and me were the only players out on the court at the time," Hawks forward Al Harrington said. Walker played 47 minutes in the game and finished with 33 points and 9 rebounds on 12-26 shooting.

In the 3rd quarter, the Suns continued to shine as they burst out with a 33 point lead in the quarter. They scored 36 points two straight times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters which were remarkable numbers. "The team was on fire in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and it was an unbelievable performance. I'm very proud of my guys," Suns coach Mike D' Antoni said.

GAME NOTES: The Suns outrebounded the Hawks 42-40 in the game. Phoenix also was able to dish out 29 assists, while Atlanta only had 17. Suns rookie forward Jackson Vroman played 19 minutes against the Hawks and put in 2 points and 3 rebounds on 1-1 shooting from the field. The Hawks two rookies, Josh Smith and Josh Childress combined for 7 points in their NBA debut.

Box Score

Game Photos
Antoine Walker grabbing one of his rebounds in the 2nd quarter
Stoudemire with another big dunk in the game who finished with 23 points
Quentin Richardson shot 2-3 from downtown in the game
Richardson hustling for the ball on the floor
Steve Nash finished with a team-high 28 points and 12 assists
Shawn Marion had a quiet opening night with 13 points and 7 rebounds
Joe Johnson shot 7-18 from the field for 18 points in the game
Al Harrington shooting the fadeaway over Marion
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:47 pm

Game Night updated
Around the League scores updated (2 days or 2 more game recaps)
Schedule and Scores updated

and Merry Christmas!

EDIT: News section updated as well with a new game preview :)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:16 pm

SUNS VS. SIXERS
Wachovia Center, Philadephia, 4:00 p.m., PST

TV, radio: FSAZ; KTAR 620
Records: Suns, 1-0; Sixers, 0-1

KEY MATCHUP: STEVE NASH VS. ALLEN IVERSON
Both players had big nights in their season debut. Steve Nash had 28 points and 12 assists in the Suns 120-81 win over the Hawks. Iverson scored 30 points and dished out 9 assists at the PG spot for the Sixers in their 106-73 loss to the Boston Celtics. These will probably be the two fastest players on the court in tonight's matchup, so expect some fast action.

INSIDE THE SUNS
Phoenix is coming off a 39 point win over the Atlanta Hawks and they have had a day of rest as well. The high-powered Suns offense combined for 72 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the game. Nash led the team with 28 points and 12 assists. Amare Stoudemire put in 23 points and Quentin Richardson had a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds. The Suns weren't very bashful on running the break after connecting over 90% of their fastbreaks in the game. The Hawks were only to have two players in double figures in the game.

INSIDE THE SIXERS
The Sixers are coming off a huge loss to the Boston Celtics. Philadelphia was only able to put up 76 points against an average Celtic defensive team. Iverson led the team with 30 points and 9 assists, but the Sixers didn't have that many other options to go to in the game as they couldn't make any shots. The Sixers also had a day to rest and maybe they will put on a show for the home crowd tonight.

PROBABLE STARTERS
C-Amare Stoudemire
PF-Shawn Marion
SF-Quentin Richardson
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Steve Nash

C-Samuel Dalembert
PF-Kenny Thomas
SF-Willie Green
SG-Andre Iguodala
PG-Allen Iverson
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Next

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame