Sit's Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Who will win the 2006 NBA Finals

Los Angeles Lakers
80%
Boston Celtics
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:34 pm

Before my new season starts... Training camp was completed and defence was the focus. Luke Walton is now a 65 overall...

Priest Askins wast he Number 1 Overall pick of the Draft. But he's stuck in PHX on the bench.

And Reef and Gasol stayed with their old teams...

I am trying to do some kind of trade to bring Carlos Boozer to LA... and sending Butler away. And I will also do Artest for Odom. What do u guys think if i had:

C: Brown
PF: Booze
SF: Artest
SG: Bryant
PG: Ratchuk
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:38 pm

Those would be good trades if you could make them. Boozer and Artest should be able to cover Odom and Butler's share of the scoring, while beefing up your defense.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:45 pm

Well.. the whole concept of realism... i got tricks up my sleeve to make it sound true and that these trades could happen in thos circumstances!
Fresh8

Postby LakersRule24 on Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:06 am

Brad Miller finals MVP?!?! OMG :shock: i thought bibby was going to win it
LakersRule24

Postby Micchy_boy on Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:21 am

too bad you got swept by the champs

nice brief recap of the off-season.....
well about the trade, i like the booz trade but dont know about the artest..
but its still your call...

looking forward for your 2nd season....
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:38 am

great updates...itll be interesting to see how the rookie RATCHUK fills the point with GP gone. maybe you can make him into a star :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:55 pm

Oh dude... he is a star! lol

I feel bad for ripping off the PC cause hes 69 Fyle was 45 and I traded 2 57's and a 59...

So Im gonna get Artest who is worse than Odom... just to even up my team...
Fresh8

Postby The X on Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:54 pm

argghh....Priest Askins was the #1 pick in your draft too :x
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:38 pm

San Antonio Opens 05-06 with Win

Los Angeles Lakers 110 @ San Antonio Spurs 111

Nov 3, San Antonio – New coach, new system and new bench. The Los Angeles Lakers endured a bit of a change after last season’s fairy tale playoff run. However, signs point to things will be changing a lot in Los Angeles. The first one fans need to grow accustomed to is winning. And Kobe Bryant needs to get over the fact that mistakes will always happen.

When Kobe Bryant led his team onto the Spurs’ home court for the first time since Game 2 of the first round of the playoffs, everything seemed to be in tune for the Lake Show. That was until Gregg Popovich unleashed double team after double team on Bryant.

The Spurs concentrated their defence and collapsed on the reigning NBA MVP and forced Bryant into a horrid shooting display as he missed 12 shots in a row during the first to third quarters of the first game of the NBA season. Bryant who also picked up his fifth foul early in the third quarter sat out large portions of the match and also missed a potential game winning shot.

In the final three seconds of the game, Bryant signalled for a pick. Instead of Lamar Odom setting one on his right hand side, Chris Mihm set one on the left and Bryant got caught in the defence after anticipating Odom would have set a screen. After the buzzer sounded and Bryant’s shot had rattled off the rim he glared at Odom and shouted language inaudible but the message was clear. He wasn’t happy.

“This is ridiculous. I thought the team had already been together for a while and now you tell me that Lamar didn’t know what to do?” Bryant shouted in his post game interview. Odom replied from his locker with, “Well, who’s the guy who shot us out of the game earlier?” Bryant then got up and walked over to Odom and screamed in his face, “I’m the leader of this damn show. I run the show here; you are only a backup to me!”

General Manager Will Sit heard of the encounter and issued a statement, “After much investigation, Jerry West and I have decided to trade Lamar Odom to the Utah Jazz. He is currently not with the Lakers anymore and any other questions about this will not be answered until the League has approved the deal.”

Brent Barry was the hero for the home team as he scored 13 of his 15 points in the final quarter; including all 3 of his three point shots and one three with 12.5 seconds remaining in the game which capped a game winning 14-1 run. He finished with 15 points while team mates Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker and Tim Duncan all scored in double figures.

“Brent was the best player on the court tonight,” Popovich analysed, “He was simply clutch and the way he defended Bryant was sensational!” Tim Duncan was equally proud of the veteran guard, “Brent has always been the most vocal of all our players and tonight he let his playing do even more talking.”

Kobe Bryant led the Lakers with 25 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists and 5 steals in 32 foul plagued minutes. The star tried to pull his team to the win by scoring 14 fourth quarter points but it was also him who missed a free throw, with 17 seconds in the game which allowed the Spurs to stay within two points of the Lakers. “I’m kicking myself for missing that shot. We could have won that game.”

Kwame Brown added 24, 10 and Kareem Rush chipped in 19 from off the pine.

The game started with the Spurs dominating the second quarter, the Lakers came back in the third. Then the fourth quarter saw LA shoot to a 109-97 lead with 2:47 remaining until the Spurs became unstoppable. They went on a 14-1 run which smashed the Lakers.

New Lakers Head Coach Magic Johnson wasn’t impressed with his team, “We can score alright but we have no defence. What are we going to do about it?”

NOTES

Rumour has it that SF Ron Artest has been involved in a trade with Lakers SF Caron Butler… Butler didn’t play last night because it is rumoured that he has been dealt to Indiana… Andrei Kirilenko is the player many analysts believe has been traded for PF Lamar Odom… SG Kobe Bryant was fined by the Lakers for making comments against Odom… The play of the game was when Bryant recovered from losing the ball and blocking Bruce Bowen’s jumpshot… SG Bryant averaged 55 ppg against San Antonio in two games before injuring his leg in the playoffs...

BOXSCORE

Fresh8

Postby Matija on Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:17 am

Too bad you lost :(
Lookin' for new sig.
Matija

Postby LegoTP on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:50 am

Matija wrote:Too bad you lost :(

... but Spurs won !! :P
Thanks to : c0nr4d for the sig
LegoTP

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:03 pm

Bobcats Lose Third Straight

Los Angeles Lakers 114 @ Charlotte Bobcats 77

Nov 6, Charlotte – Kobe Bryant delivered his best all around game so far this season. His shooting was still in the dumps. “My shooting touch is coming back,” Bryant said, “Give me a few more games!” Bryant scored 37 points and added 14 boards, 11 assists and 5 steals in a dominating effort which lasted the first three quarters of the game.

“This performance proves to everyone that Kobe, even at 75% is better than any player in this league. Except for maybe Kevin Garnett,” Bobcats rookie Tyson, who top scored with 19 points for Charlotte stated. Former Laker team mate Devean George was overwhelmed by Bryant after their first quarter scoring duel which he beat Bryant scoring 15 points. “Kobe has really improved since the last time we played. It was a shame not to meet him in the NAB Finals.”

Six players scored in double figures for the Lakers as they decimated the Bobcats in the second quarter thanks to two separate scoring runs. By the end of the second quarter, the Lakers were in the driver’s seat. The start of the third quarter ushered in a third run; 14-1 and midway through the third, the Lakers led by 40.

The Lakers perfected their running game and stole the ball 8 times in the second and third quarters to fuel their fast paced offence. “This is what I call scoring,” Magic Johnson said, “What many people don’t see is that our defence is underrated. In order to score you need to defend. My guys are doing that very well!”

Kobe Bryant was beaming afterwards into the camera when asked about how the team strategy suited him, “I’ve always wanted to play up tempo. What can I say? This is great!” Kyle Korver praised the coaching staff for what they had done, “Before I came here I thought we were going to be a half court team. But this full court running and gunning game really suits me! I get a lot of open looks!”

Coach and GM Ernie Bickerstaff was surprised by the Lakers’ dominance, “Los Angeles were missing Odom and Butler and they still controlled the game from start to finish. Without those guys they lost a lot of experience. We were on their level for one game and still got thrashed.”

The Lakers played so well that their rookies were on court for garbage time. However Brian Shaw delivered a message to the youngsters, “Don’t expect to play too much. We don’t usually win games this easily.”

Last year’s rookie of the year Emeka Okafor had a double double of 12 and 10 and new singing Damon Stoudamire added 8 and 8 assists. “We’re just not ready yet. Give one more season and we will be able to compete next season,” Okafor told the press.

The Bobcats have lost all three of their games and look to be in for a tough season!

NOTES

F Lamar Odom, F Caron Butler was not included on the Lakers roster for this game… Devean George was traded last season from LA to Washington and he was signed by Charlotte in the offseason. He won three championships with the Shaq-Kobe led Lakers of the 2000’s… Bryant scored 10 points in the first quarter… Lakers rookie Fredrick Ratuck sustained a late injury in the game but the medical examination was positive for the guard… Lakers record: 1-1 (0-0, 1-1)

BOXSCORE

Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:20 pm

Three Way Deal Approved

Ron Artest and Carlos Boozer in Los Angeles!

Nov 9, Los Angeles – Carlos Boozer wasn’t having a great time in the city he dumped Cleveland for. And Ron Artest’s season was ruined via suspension last year. Lamar Odom and Caron Butler weren’t exactly having a great time in California either.

It was time for a change for all three teams; Utah, Indiana and the Lakers.

The teams were engaged in a blockbuster three way trade. Los Angeles received PF Carlos Boozer and All-star SF Ron Artest in the trade. Former all-star F Lamar Odom and rising star SF Caron Butler moved to Indiana while the Utah Jazz acquired a young big man in PF Jonathan Bender and the team oriented SG Luke Walton.

Carlos Boozer provides the Lakers with frontcourt depth and a bigger and better rebounder than the versatile Lamar Odom. The former Duke player was being criticised heavily in Utah and the resigning of Andrei Kirilenko didn’t go down well with the big man. “I thought they were building around me and they pay him more,” he said.

Ron Artest, former NBA defensive player of the year will team up with Kobe Bryant, last year’s recipient of the award. Artest, a very reliable defender provides the Lakers with a chance to exploit the two player’s stealing skills to be able to make the current Lakers offence even faster. “We (Kobe and Ron) were 1st and 2nd in steals per game at the start of last season. (I) can’t wait to team up with him.”

During the trading process, the Lakers were able to subtract the large contract of Adonal Foyle and improve their overall team defence. GM Will Sit and Jerry West were both happy with the deal. “We weren’t getting anything from Lamar or Caron. Kobe can score, we needed defence.”

Magic Johnson is very happy about the new additions, “Both guys are hardworkers. This will work out fine!”

Carlos Boozer will wear his college number of 4 for LA. Ron Artest will stay with the 91 he has worn since last season in respect for Dennis Rodman. Curtis Borchardt was cut from the team and rookie PG Alexander Palmer was signed. The former North Carolina State standout averaged a nation high 8.2 apg.

The Trade:

Los Angeles receives: Carlos Boozer, Ron Artest, Curtis Borchardt, Corliss Williamson
Indiana receives: Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Adonal Foyle
Utah receives: Jonathan Bender, Luke Walton, Chris Mihm

Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:22 pm

Wat do u guys think?

Lamar was a 82, Walton was 65, Mihm was 55, Caron was 69

And now i have this team... did i keep it even?
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:53 pm

Utah did alright out of it by getting more depth, although Bender and Walton are SF's and the Jazz already have AK47 and Harpring....but then again they only really gave up Boozer and Bender is pretty solid and Mihm is pretty decent C....

Pacers did alright getting Odom and he should be a nice compliment to J. O'Neal....Butler is a capable replacement for Artest, who is a bit of a nutter anyway....although the Pacers wouldn't have made the deal in real life I don't think just because of Foyle's huge contract....

hmm....trade seems alright....I don't see a huge problem with it....let's see what the other guys think....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:34 pm

Your starting five looks a lot better, much more balanced, while your bench is still decent. Right now I'd give the trade a B+, but I'll hold back on a final grade until your new lineup has played a few games together.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:52 am

Carlos Boozer Saves Lakers with Defence

Los Angeles Lakers 120 @ Dallas Mavericks 118

ABOVE: Carlos Boozer (4) saved the Lakers in his debut game

Nov 14, Dallas – The Utah Jazz complained about Carlos Boozer’s attitude about defence. The Los Angeles Lakers hope the forward is over it as he saved the team from the Dallas Mavericks by forcing Mavericks’ forward Dirk Nowitzki into a rushed shot to preserve a one point lead with 2.2 seconds remaining in the game.

Kobe Bryant had scored two free throws to put LA ahead 119-118 with 5.5 seconds remaining. Dirk Nowitzki then got the ball in the post and Boozer’s quick hands forced the 7 foot German to throw up an air ball. Boozer was fouled and sank one free throw before the Mavericks once again passed the ball to their German marksman; who appeared to have made a halfway shot but it was called against him because it left his hands after the buzzer. “I think that shot should have counted,” Mavericks coach Avery Johnson said, “We should have won that game!”

The Mavericks received at least 20 points from four of their players with Dirk Nowitzki’s 22 and 13 leading the shooting battle between the two teams. Jason Terry top scored with 28 and added 5 rebounds and 7 assists to his box score. “The Lakers are a different team to last season.” Terry said, “They are younger and are a better running team than we are but they can’t play defence.”

On countless occasions the Lakers’ defence was penetrated too easily. The acquisitions of Carlos Boozer and Ron Artest were supposed to have fixed this problem but the team wasn’t showing any signs of it. Boozer’s debut was brilliant as he scored 21 points and grabbed 9 rebounds. Ron Artest had a harder night as he struggled to find any consistent rhythm, at times looking lost.

“It’s a new team. But don’t hate on me if I don’t score 20, my job is to defend and I’m happy with that,” Artest told the media. The All-star scored 11 points and played outstanding defence on Josh Howard who only shot 2-7 from the field after Artest hounded him on defence.

Kobe Bryant scored a NBA season high 42 points alongside his 7 assists. Bryant and the two new players each played at least 40 minutes for the Lakers who had to fight back every quarter to get the win.

“It was a tiring game,” Bryant said, “But Boozer and Artest help take the attention off of me.”

In the first and second quarters, the Lakers always fell back by 10 points before fighting back slowly to even up scores by intermission. However, it was different in the third as the Lakers fell behind quickly and didn’t recover. This set up the final quarter run which brought the team from 14 down to a tied score with 5:56 remaining and then a steady scoring fight before the Mavs took a 4 point lead with 2:22 left.

A Ron Artest steal and fast break dunk cut the lead to 2. With 1:38 left, Artest forced Jerry Stackhouse into a brick and the Lakers passed the ball to an open Carlos Boozer who made the thunderous dunk, coming in from the sideline. On the move, Boozer was fouled and sent to the line. He converted the three point play and pointed at Kareem Rush on the bench.

The Mavs ran back down court as Michael Finley calmly swished a mid range jump shot over Kobe Bryant. With 11.2 seconds left, Bryant ran the ball down court and tried to weave through a triple team and was fouled on his shot attempt. Lakers’ head coach Magic Johnson got a scare as his star player lay on the ground, apparently in pain clutching his shoulder. A timeout was called as Bryant’s shoulder was strapped and he went to the line to drop two free throws and put the Lakers up by one. And the stage was set for Carlos Boozer to do his stuff.

“After Kobe took that fall, I thought he was injured. Luckily he wasn’t,” Magic said. Kobe Bryant was happy with his new team mates’ performances, “Ron played great defence and Carlos was brilliant inside. This was a great debut for both of them!”

NOTES

F Kwame Brown grabbed a NBA season high 20 rebounds… Bryant went to the charity stripe 12 times tonight… Rookie Fredrick Ratchuck might be losing his starting spot to G Juan Dixon after another mediocre performance… C Shawn Bradley was sidelined with the flu…

BOXSCORE

Fresh8

Postby Micchy_boy on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:21 am

i think the trade was fair.....
Damn Boozer look good in Lakers jersey, if only the the trade went through.... :lol:
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:30 am

Man, just amazing... great trade and an awesome start for the new season!!! (Y) Congrats
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:12 am

that was a pretty good trade. i hate to see odom and butler gp. but i guess thats just the way things happen in the nba. you should be an unstoppable offensive team now and when u have a lock down defender to go along with a great offensive player, that can really be hard to face. you should have a great chance at winning the championship now. (Y)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby brad feet on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:09 pm

hey man what's up...... i've been busy for a while applying for a job there in australia..... can i ask you something sit.... how much would you spend for a day there in your country? 3 meals a day i mean..... sori for being off the topic.....

back to the topic, nice move getting boozer, micchy's right, if only the trade went through i think the lakers will have a better chance going to the playoffs this year.... i didn't like the artest trade though, i like butler more.... but anyway, it's your dynasty...... again, nice write-ups.... big ups (Y) for you.....
brad feet

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:09 am

I don't mind about going offtopic! (Y)

Check ur pm!

And thanks for the props fellas and thanks to the ppl who actually check the dynasty out! Its much appreciated! (Y) :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:08 am

Lakers Lose In Gallant Comeback

Los Angeles Lakers 103 @ Los Angeles Clippers 108

Nov 20, Los Angeles – It took Lakers’ rookie Fredrick Ratchuk to miss three consecutive shots in the final 2 minutes before the Clippers posted a five point thriller over cross town rivals; the Lakers. The Warriors’ Third Pick overall who was traded to Los Angeles shortly after the NBA Draft scored 10 points with 5 points coming in the final 3:12 of the game.

Despite a 46 point outing by Kobe Bryant and 14, 17 from Kwame Brown, the Lakers found little support from their role players and star line up of Carlos Boozer and Ron Artest. Boozer, Artest and Brown combined to shoot 10-39 from the field while Kwame struggled at the charity stripe shooting 2-8.

Trailing by 23 points heading into the fourth quarter, a rejuvenated Lakers outfit came back on court more focused following Magic Johnson’s speech. “Coach (Magic) told us we were playing like s*it and we had to pick up on our own act,” guard Kareem Rush said. Artest added, “We struggled all night with our shooting and Magic told us to give the ball to Kobe more.”

Bryant already had 32 points on his box score but came out of intermission to score another 14 along with Juan Dixon’s 5 points from off the bench to fuel a Lakers’ 25-7 run to start the final period. The team went cold though as Carlos Boozer was ejected with 5:17 remaining after lunging at Clippers’ forward Elton Brand. The team’s fortunes flipped upside down as star player Bryant fouled out with 3:42 left ands the Lakers trailing by only 2.

Point Guard Ratchuk immediately stepped up his game as Bryant left the court. “He’s (Ratchuk) my boy. He’s finding it hard to adjust to the League but after he took up the slack and nearly won us the game, I was impressed with his skills. He can play but he’s never got the chance.” The 5’10” Ratchuck scored a driving fingerroll over 7’3” Chris Kaman to cut tie the score with 2:56 left. The Clippers went on to score two more buckets before Ron Artest stole the ball on the perimeter and sent the rock into the hands of the sprinting Ratchuck. What came next was an Iverson-esque crossover which caught Marko Jaric by surprise and Ratchuck’s three pointer hitting on target.

“Great move,” Corey Maggette stated in reference to Ratchuck, “The kid’s very quick!” The young player then had three more chances to get the Lakers the win in the final 2 minutes of the match but failed to capitalise on two fast breaks and another wide open long range bomb.

“I could have won the game,” Ratchuck said disappointedly, “But the pressure got to me.” Bobby Simmons sealed the game with four free throws in the final minute of regulation as the Clippers held the Lakers away from the win.

Elton Brand finished with 24 points and 14 rebounds but only scored 4 second half points. Marko Jaric picked up from where Brand left off as he score 17 second half points himself to finish on 21. Maggette added 24 for the Clippers who were at home for this one.

NOTES

The Lakers play their last away game of the five game road trip to start the season next week against the Sacramento Kings whom knocked LA out of last year’s playoffs… Kobe Bryant added 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 8 steals and 8 turnovers to his box score… Juan Dixon’s coast to coast in the fourth quarter brought many of his fans to their feet and point at him as he ran back down court in celebration… Team Record: 2-2 (0-0, 2-2)…

BOXSCORE

Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:00 pm

I havent really been checking the dynasties often as im adjusting to 56k, but yours is deffinately still going awesome Sit.

I dunno for some reason yours seems real good since it doesnt have heaps of graphics, i mean i love graphics and use quite a few in my own, but yours just wouldnt be the same if there were heaps of pics.

I love your lineup now, looks really imposing. You dont really need a good Point with Kobe there to run the show, so the rookie was probabaly a good trade.

Keep it up dude
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:46 pm

Thanks man! I'll keep going with it for one more season.. schoolwork and other commitments are really taking time from my NBA Live...
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame