Sit's Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Who will win the 2006 NBA Finals

Los Angeles Lakers
80%
Boston Celtics
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:15 pm

BIG TIME HORRY! Ha, Kobe got hurt too. I hope this means the Lakers are in trouble :D
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:18 pm

Game Two News

ABOVE: Duncan's physical play will be needed to harras a Kobe-less Lakers

Horry Still Can't Believe It

A night after Robert Horry's game winning shot against his former team, the Spurs' forward reflected on the mement. "I was in the right place at the right time. Amazingly, it's occured since whenever I started to play in the NBA." The veteran forward has had a string of clutch performances from his Houston days to his Lakers days and now his Spurs days. His shot fro mthe left hand side of the court form behind the arc catapulted his team to a 92-89 win over the Los Angeles Lakers and has helped the Spurs take a 1-0 lead in the Conference Finals.

Bryant to Miss Games 2 and 3

The Lakers' luck keeps getting more sour as SG Kobe Bryant has been ruled out of action due to his ankle injury. His right ankle which has limited him to only half a season was reinjured in last night's clash with the San Antonio Spurs and the star guard isn't looking good. His status for a possible Game 4, if one were to occur, is only 25%.

Magic Johnson Explains Lakers Plans

With the exit of GM Will Sit and his actual departure yesterday, Magic Johnson decided to mix up the Lakers' playbook. It appears that the fast paced offence LA plays isn't Magic's choice of offence and it was in fact Sit's. The Laker great has now moved the focus from the fast offensive game to a slower defensive team game. "I want everyone having a go. I don't want Kobe averaging 30 points a game. He's good with 20. I want Carlos and Ron getting 20 each too. There's only one ball."

Look for LA to play witha defensive minded approach in their next game.

Tim Duncan Dominated but Didn't Finish

Duncan was unstoppable in the paint by dropping 13 of 20 shots. He added 17 rebounds however, he couldn't even finish off the opposing team. Duncan was instrumental in putting the Spurs ahead but never made any important decisions down the stretch. His inability to close out games has really put his creditability back in debate. "Duncan needs to win games by finishing them too. Not just helping out," Charles Barkley criticised.

Tim Duncan responded, "At least I set up the last play." He then joked by adding, "It looked like a stuffup, but it was all part of the act!"

Brian Shaw and Michael Cooper to Direct Defence

The Lakers' assistant coaching duo of Shaw and Cooper have reiterated that LA cannot let the ball end up in any Spurs' hands, especially Horry's. "We underestimated the Spurs. They are a good team," Shaw said. Cooper added, "We never took notice of Horry and we should have known better." They also emphasised on the importance of shutting down the guard rotation of Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Brent Barry.

Spurs Syked for Second Match

The San Antonio Spurs who practised this morning are ready for their encounter tommorrow against the LA Lakers. The team is fit and ready to give it their all on a night which will be distracted with the absence of Kobe Bryant. "Kobe is what the NBA and the Lakers rely on for money. Without him, there will be quite a buzz but we're sure the Lakers will be more affected by the distraction of the storyline," Gregg Popovich said. Tim Duncan also stated, "Sure, I feel sorry for Kobe but you got to admit that it's great news for us!"
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Cloudy on Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:29 am

Nice! Horry did it again! Will Sit quit huh!?
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:31 pm

Scouting Report

ABOVE: Cooper impressed scouts as he tried out with New Orleans

SG Bryan Cooper
Number: 8 | Age: 19
Height: 6’7” | Weight: 216 lbs
Oklahoma State | Freshman
DOB: 05/15/1987

Best Case NBA Comparison: Kobe Bryant
Worst Case NBA Comparison: Deshawn Stevenson
Projected: Top 3 Pick

Strengths: Freak athletic ability… Endurance and Speed are top notch… Reliable in close situations… Wants to be the leader and has a great character… Got a good jump shot… NBA ready and a lot of potential…

Weaknesses: Physically weak… Lack of three point shot… Very raw talent… Passing skill is nearly non-existent… Defensive intensity is questioned… Basketball I.Q. is limited… Has had bad history…

Summary: High ‘n’ Flyin’ Bryan is ready to make the leap from College to the Pros after just one year at Oklahoma State. In 2005, he was the Nation’s highest ranked high school player but withdrew from the NBA Draft due to family reasons. 2006 saw his reputation and status go under the radar before he returned to form in the NCAA tournament. An immature character but respectable player, Cooper’s future in the league seems bright but teams might view him as a gamble due to his track record of family issues and at times, ego. The kid will either be a bust or a superstar.

News:

- HS All-American, Top ranked HS player in USA for 2005
- Led Oklahoma St. to 2006 NCAA Finals. Draft stock rose considerably; originally a Top 20 pick he is definitely going to be gone in the Top 5
- Attended Pre-Draft Camp in Chicago and averaged camp high 18 ppg. Also recorded 4 rpg and 1.5 spg in 3 games played
- Has worked out for five NBA teams; Toronto Raptors, New Orleans Hornets, Golden State Warriors, Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Clippers. Will attend a final pre-draft workout for the Charlotte Bobcats tomorrow

Report Card:

OVERALL RATING: B

Shooting: B- |
Scoring Ability: B+ |
Clutch: B+ |
Defence: C+ |
Rebounding: B- |
Athleticism: A |
Endurance: A- |
Strength: C |
Passing: C- |
Ball Handling: B |
IQ: C |
Work Ethic: A |
Leadership: A |
Potential: A |
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:39 pm

Flyin' Bryan sounds like good old Flyin' Byron Russell :wink: (Y)

shame about the number 8 though :wink: :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:41 pm

Well, depends on what team i take next season... maybe we will see no. 8 vs no. 8! if u get what i mean!
Fresh8

Postby DREeaZy06 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:20 am

BIG SHOT bobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DREeaZy06

Postby Ruff Ryder on Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:53 am

Ooooh the irony. :D

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:46 pm

All-NBA Teams Announced

Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett and Jason Kidd, all previous First team members made the 2006 All-NBA First team. Along with them are first timers Celtics' SG Paul Pierce and Jazz SF Andrei Kirilenko. The second team features C Yao Ming, PF Antonie Walker, SF Carmelo Anthony, SG LeBron James and PG Baron Davis. The third team conisists of C Kwame Brown, PF Tim Duncan, SF Rashard Lewis, SG Ray Allen and PG Stephon Marbury.

A NBA scout who helped vote for the teams stated that the task was hard, "There are so many good players in the league, you just can't put three definite All-NBA teams and expect no snubbings."

Paul Pierce, Andrei Kirilenko and Kevin Garnett all showed that they make an impact on both ends of the floor as all three were listed for the All-Defensive first team too. Along with them are Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace and Hornets' PG Baron Davis. Yao Ming, Shawn Marion and Stephon Marbury fill up the second All-Defensive team along with the surprise selecton of Dallas' duo of Michael Finley and Dirk Nowitzki.

A panel of judges voted for the GotMilk? Rookie Teams. The first team has two second round picks in Kosi Rayner of New Jersey and Xavier Radwan of the Golden State Warriors. Rookie of the year Cothran Tyson of Charlotte was joined by Lakers PG Fredrik Ratchuk and Nuggets' swingman Remus McCarty to round out the Rookie first team. First overall pick Preist Askins of the Phoenix Suns had a strong second half of the season to slip into the Rookie Second team. Moses Sydor of the Pacers, Sonics' Vin Gill, Cavs' Mark Becker and Bucks' Japanese center Takanori Wong complete the second team.

ALL-NBA 1st Team

C: S O'Neal, MIA
PF: K Garnett, MIN
SF: A Kirilenko, UTH
SG: P Pierce, BOS
PG: J Kidd, NJ

ALL-NBA 2nd Team

C: Y Ming, HOU
PF: A Walker, ATL
SF: C Anthony, DEN
SG: L James, CLE
PG: B Davis, NO

ALL-NBA 3rd Team

C: K Brown, LAL
PF: T Duncan, SAS
SF: R Lewis, SEA
SG: R Allen, SEA
PG: S Marbury, NY
Fresh8

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:47 pm

It's so funny how Kwame just had this great season and now he made the NBA 3rd team. :lol: Good for him and I'll be waiting on this Game 2 because I wouldn't mind seeing you go down 0-2 :D
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Mark. on Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:20 pm

Sorry dude I havent been on in awhile,

Lakers beat Spurs 3-2
Magic beat Celtics 3-2

Hope im not too late

"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:17 pm

Kobe-less Lakers Even Up Series

LAL: 20 - 19 - 26 - 28 - 93
SAS: 19 - 26 - 20 - 27 - 92

San Antonio Spurs 92 @ Los Angeles Lakers 93

20-9 San Antonio Spurs tied against 21-8 Los Angeles Lakers 1-1

Los Angeles – The San Antonio Spurs couldn't take advantage of Kobe Bryant's absence from his team last night as the home side survived a hard and physical Game 2. Kwame Brown matched Tim Duncan's every move as the two put on am exciting matchup not expected from them but it was sparkplug Juan Dixon who carried the Lakers to the win.

Kwame Brown led his team with 26 points, 19 rebounds and 3 steals in 41 minutes of game time. He shot a dominating 12 for 20 from the field, half of them off mid range jumpers. Carlos Boozer added 23, 8 and 4 assists while Ron Artest offered a balanced stat sheet of 11, 6, 9 and 5 steal. Artest shone on defence as he limited Bruce Bowen to 4 for 14 shooting and forced the Spurs' defensive stalwart to shoot air ball after air ball.

Tim Duncan played 36 minutes and shot 11 for 17 from the field as he reached totals of 22, 19 and 3 blocks. However, the dominant forward failed to step up in the fourth quarter that cost his team a loss. Robert Horry, the hero from Game 1 scored 12 points on 6 for 7 shooting and grabbed 9 rebounds. Manu Ginobili scored 16 and 9 rebounds while Tony Parker chipped in 19.

The game was close since the start until the Spurs used a 10-0 run to break away after halftime. Rookie Fredrik Ratchuk who was looking lost was then taken off the court and Juan Dixon was inserted onto the court. He was the hero for LA.

Dixon recorded 7 assists in the third quarter as he helped lead the Lakers back from a double digit defecit. His efforts were noticed by coach Magic Johnson, "Juanny really showed up tonight. I am proud of him!"

The fourth quarter was no different story as Artest and Dixon joined forces as a great tag team to frustrate the Spurs' ballhandlers into turnovers. The Spurs though kept control of the tempo of the match and stayed in front of LA by a margin of at least 5 points.

LA then went on a 9-0 run ended with an Artest three pointer with 3:06 left in the game. The score was 81-87 and it looked like the Lakers finally had the game under their control but the Spurs used one final effort to close the match. Robert Horry's put-back dunk at 1:27 and then a double team on Artest leading to Manu's trey with 1:08 completed a Spurs' 7-0 run which got San Antonio ahead 88-87.

Kwame Brown then made a Tim Duncan trademark hook shot with 44.7 seconds on the clock. His next play drew cheers from the crowd as he rejected Duncan's hook shot attempt. Then Juan Dixon hit 2 free throws with 24.8 to play and the score at 88-91. Duncan nailed one off the glass with 18.0 left and then Juan Dixon made the game winning free throws with 11.2 seconds left in the match, after Kwame missed two of his own. Manu made a consolation basket as the buzzer sounded from in close after Lakers' defenders walked off the court before the buzzer even sounded.

"Great game, great teams and this will be a greta series when it moves back to San Antonio," Gregg Popovich said after the match.

Kareem Rush who struggled during the match pointed at Kobe Bryant as he walked off the court and said, "This one was for you." Rush's tribute was similar to the onee he gave Bryant last year in a Game 3 win over the Spurs in the first round. Bryant will be out for Game 3 and possibly Game 4.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:18 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME 2

BOS @ ORL: 101 - 92 (Series tied 1-1)
- Ricky Davis will return to the team in Game 3... He hasnt played since the Second game in the second round...

NOTE

I'm hoping for a Celtics-Lakers Finals!
Fresh8

Postby The X on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:42 pm

Celtics-Lakers final would be sweet....for old time's sake 8-)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:25 pm

Well the game was filled with big runs, except you got the better end of it :evil: :lol: Good game, but you shouldn't win with Kobe not on the team :twisted: Spurs in Game 3 (Y) :lol:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:55 pm

Kobe-less Lakers Even Up Series

SAS: 21 - 26 - 25 - 12 - 84
LAL: 14 - 25 - 24 - 35 - 98

Los Angeles Lakers 98 @ San Antonio Spurs 84

21-8 Los Angeles Lakers lead series against 20-9 San Antonio Spurs 2-1

ABOVE: (Bottom Left) Ron Artest and Kwame Brown start to show signs of dispute
and (Right) Juan Dixon sparked the Lake Show with his performance form off the bench

San Antonio – A 10 rebound performance from Tim Duncan in the first quarter along with the Lakers' showing signs of non-unity oncourt didn't stop the Lakers from stunning the SBC centre. The Lakers were in an emergency as they trailed most of the game and their recovery was hindered by Ron Artest and Kwame Brown's confrontation with just 3:09 left in the third period.

The Lakers had just relished a 11-0 run to close the gap that San Antonio had on them and also take a 1 point lead. With the score at 61-60, the Lakers were penalised with holdup of play and then would be held to 2 points in the final three minutes of the quarter.

"You don't stop play, whatever happens, don't stop the play intentionally," Magic Johnson emphasised after the game, "I don't know what's wrong with players these days."

Artest and Brown both acted even more immaturely after the incident. Artest inbounded the ball twice and he basically walked down court on both plays not paying any attention to the play. Brown then refused to pass out of double teams when Artest was the only man open on the perimeter. The two were punished for their immature actions. Artest missed 8 minutes of the final quarter and Brown missed the whole period.

"I only put him (Artest) back so that he could help guarantee the win," Johnson said, "There's no favourism or anything. The two will be dealt with when we return to LA."

The fourth quarter was the pivitol period for the Lakers as they got 12 points, 7 rebounds from Carlos Boozer and 10, 4, 4 from Juan Dixon. Carlos Boozer ended the game with 23 and 18 as he shot 11 for 19 from the field. However, it was Juan Dixon's production from off the pine which won the game for the Lakers. Dixon scored a game high 27 points, grabbed 7 rebounds, had 3 steals and also handed out 10 assists. He was accurate from the field as he shot 9 from 20 and 7 for 8 from the charity stripe.

"Juan won this game for us," Kareem Rush, who struggled on 5 for 15 shooting said, "Without him and Brian (Grant) we would have lost." Ron Artest scored 13 and 8 and Kwame Brown added 16 and 6 for the Lakers. Artest did well on defence though as he held Bruce bowen to 5 for 24 shooting.

Tim Duncan was his usual dominant self with 17 and 17 however, he was quiet for most of the end of the match as he was dominated by Boozer and Grant's double teams. "I couldn't get open and I take full responsibility for not doing my thing," The gentle giant stated.

Tony Parker struggled all night long as he registered 7 points and 6 assists but his replacements; Romain Sato and rookie Chiyo Saepan took up the slack by scoring 10 and 12 apiece. Manu Ginobili perservered his way to 19 points and Robert Horry provided his usual hustle and rebounding, grabbing 11 boards.

Gregg Popovich watched on as his team crumbled in the final period to their opponents. "It was a nightmare," he said, "The team needs to regroup. We must not lose the next game!"

The game was closer than the score tells. Los Angeles quickly caught up to the Spurs after 7 minutes expired in the final period. The two teams then struggled to score thereafter and were both scoreless for a period of 2:20. Then the breakthrough shot came off Carlos Boozer's back to back mid range jumpers. Artest then hit a three pointer which seemed to finish off the Spurs and put LA ahead 90-84 with 1:20 left. Ginobili missed a trey and Juan Dixon hit 4 free throws to put his team ahead by 4. The Spurs fumbled on the following possesion and Carlos Boozer converted a tomahawk dunk with 17.3 seconds left. Dixon then stripped Parker of the ball and LA ran down the clock and Brian Grant made a layup at the buzzer.

"We've tried our best and just couldn't finish them off in the final minutes," Robert Horry said, "They don't have Kobe so we should be winning. I guess we underestimated them." Horry hit a three pointer at the halftime buzzer but it was disallowed as the video refs replayed and reviewed the basket.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:57 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME 3

ORL@ BOS: 79 - 97 (BOS leads 2-1)

NOTE

Will the Lakers beat the Spurs... without Kobe? We shall see....
And I notcie how unusally low scoring this series is!
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:23 pm

Nice touch with the dispute thing and benching those two, jsut to make it tougher on your self aye?? :P

I think the Kobe less lakers will win it.

Yeah scoring is low, but oyur stats are really good, altho you should start showing team and player stats again, when im in a hurry I sometimes have to skip the full write up and just check the stats etc.

Good luck for the next one.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:26 am

You just won't give up on the Spurs :( And Boston is back alive I guess in the East :lol:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:33 am

haha, the two guys stood over the ball for a while and i thought i should take a screenie and make it into a scenario.. then the actual artest passed the ball in and i had to wait for him to jog downcourt because iwas passing the ball around four players not 5... even better! And it did make it harder to win but luckily, Juanny was red hot!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:02 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME 4

ORL @ BOS: 106 - 100 (Series tied 2-2)

NOTE

Game 4 of the WCF has been played! Stay tuned for the result coming soon! (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:07 pm

Lakers and Hollywood Return to World Stage

SAS: 20 - 24 - 24 - 17 - 85
LAL: 20 - 17 - 28 - 29 - 94

Los Angeles Lakers 94 @ San Antonio Spurs 85

21-8 Los Angeles Lakers wins series against 20-9 San Antonio Spurs 3-1

ABOVE: The Spurs will be going fishing while the Lakers bask in Finals Glory

San Antonio – The Los Angeles Lakers won their third straight game and now hold a postseason 9-3 record as they enter the NBA Finals for 2006. The team return to the League's grand spectacle after a one year absence and await the winner of the Boston-Orlando series that is one game away from completion.

Los Angeles clinched the series behind a solid game from big man Carlos Boozer who finished on 28 points, 19 rebounds in 42 minutes as he shot on 14 for 20 shooting. Juan Dixon pulled off an Allen Iverson like performance with 19 (7/21 FG, 1/4 3PT, 4/10 FT), 6, 7 and 6 steals in 36 minutes.

The Lakers played without suspended stars Ron Artest and Kwame Brown and injured captain Kobe Bryant. Magic Johnson suited up 9 players including Kobe Bryant but played with an eight man rotation in the first half while playing only his starters in the second.

Brian Grant finished with 12, 22 and 5 in his first start of the postseason and Kareem Rush made the most of his only start of the postseason with 18 points and 5 assists on 7 for 14 shooting. Veterans Corlis Williamson and Shane Heal both got their fair share of playing time as they both registered 16 and 13 minutes respectively.

"This series was good. It's a turning point for us as a team. We've thrown our old offence out the window and brought in a new system!" Magic said. The Lakers played hard, gritty team defence throughout the series and limited their opponents to double digits for the whole series, a feat not seen as a trait of this Lakers' squad.

Tim Duncan fouled out of the game with 2:44 left in the fourth quarter. His ejection brought about a standing ovation from the SBC crowd. The forward had his best defensive game of the series as he gave the Spurs 15 rebounds and 7 blocks. However, he had to fight his way to 15 ponits on 7 for 14 shooting as he struggled to get open past the much smaller Brian Grant. "Grant did a good job tonight, I had to work for every bucket tonight." Duncan was held scoreless in the 9 minutes that he did play in the fourth period which didn't help his team get anywhere.

Manu Ginobili scored 24 points and Tony Parker scored 20 points and 7 assists but they were the only other two Spurs' who made a contribution as the rest of the team struggled with the pressure.

"We were close," Duncan stated as he returned to the dressing rooms, "Congratulations to the Lakers. It takes a very deep roster to win on an eight man rotation. What's more, they were all second and third string guys (playing) tongiht."

The pivitol fourth quarter which lead to the Spurs' elimination was poorly fought by the Spurs who shot at 30% from the field compared to the Lakers' 50%. The Lakers wore down their opposition slowly and made their free throws when it mattered in the final 2 minutes of the match. The winners outscored the home team 8-2 in the final two minutes of the match and was the factor which determined the match.

"We aren't that experienced but we've grown alot in the last two series," Lakers' guard Kareem Rush stated, "Finally we're in the NBA Finals again! I'm real excited."

Boozer might be sounding too optimistic saying, "We've won the championship for sure. the Magic and Celtics are nowhere near ou standard."

Magic as always was cautious with his team's words, "I would be getting too cocky, we're still at least three games away from that ring."

Ron Artest, Kwame Brown and Kobe Bryant will rejoin the Lakers in Game 1 of the NBA Finals which is to be played in 7 days.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:40 pm

Paul Pierce Breaks Hill's Heart

Boston Celtics 94 @ Orlando Magic 91

15-14 Boston Celtics win series against 18-11 Orlando Magic 3-2

Orlando – Grant Hill couldn't get his team into the NBA Finals despite a 29 point, 6 rebound, 10 assist performance last night. It included an emphatic dunk with 11.3 seconds left to put his team ahead by 1 but Paul Pierce saved the Celtics from elimination and earned them a Finals berth.

The Orlando Magic got 23 points from Cuttino Mobley but all of his points that made up for the missing Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson, along with picking up the slack of Steve Francis couldn't make up for his one mistake with 3.9 seconds left.

"That play will be in everyone's minds for a long long time," the Celtics' Ricky Davis said, "Cat made one very stupid error!"

Dwight Howard cried by the end of the match in which he struggled to score against fellow sophomore big man Al Jefferson. "I can't believe how bad I played, we were this close to the Finals." Howard finished on 11 and 6 but struggled by shooting 4 for 17 from the field. Steve Francis seemed to have stage fright as he made several errors with the ball. The star guard finished with 8 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals.

"It was a whole different ball game tonight, Boston seemed to have more experience in these Game 5's," Francis argued.

The arguement may seem valid as the Celtics have played all of their series to 5 games. Although fatigue may seem like a factor, the Celtics looked like they carried each other with their teamwork. All of their starters scored in double figures as everyone shared the scoring load.

Raef Lafrentz exploded for 18 points and 15 rebounds. Marcus Banks added 16 points, Al Jefferson had 14, 7, 4 and an injured Ricky Davis limped his way to 17, 5 and 4. The hero of the game, Paul Pierce, scored 16, 7 and 6 and made the biggest play of the night.

Right after Hill had dunked over him with time expiring, Pierce called for an inbounds pass and called an isolation. He then went to work against Cuttino Mobley and went for the trey. "As the ball left my hands, I thought 'no way is that going in' then when it did, I felt so good." To everyone's surprise, Pierce had put the Celtics ahead 93-91 and then converted the 4 point play that won the series.

"(Hill's Dunk) was real good," Former Magic player Shaquille O'Neal said, "But P-Dub's shot was classic. It's going to be replayed all the time now!"

The Boston Celtics reached the NBA Finals for the first time in close to 18 years and will meet the LA Lakers. Larry Brid, now affiliated with the Indiana Pacers was pleased with the Finals matchup, "This (Finals) holds a lot of historical significance. I can't wait for Game 1!"

Ricky Davis will be healthy in 5 days for the first game which will be played at STAPLES Centre in Los Angeles. While everyone waits for the series to begin Paul Pierce had something to say to Kobe Bryant, "Watch yourself Kobe, the Celtics are coming to win that trophy!"
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:49 pm

RESULTS

1. Mark: 41 points (7)
2. X: 37 points (3)
3. Sit: 35 points (8)

4. Mafia: 29 points (3)
5. RR: 27 points (-)
6. Weaver: 24 points (-2)
7. iLLuzionz: 17 points (-)
8. pHLo: 16 points (4)
9. Sac1: 3 (3)

SUMMARY: Everyone hated on the Lakers... and suffered!

Sit's Playoffs Betting

NBA Finals 2006:

1. LA Lakers (21-8) vs. 5. Boston Celtics (15-14)

Rules

1. Finals predictions need to be in before Game 1!
2. Favourites are indictaed in bold
3. Best of five series
4. Place your bet by naming the team you think will win and add the series score (eg. Lakers 3-0)

Points Summary:

You get points for each of these:

3 for correct winner
+ 1 for correct series score
+ 1 for guessing sweep
+ 1 for tipping non-favourite and if they do win
- 1 for incorrect guess
Fresh8

Postby Cloudy on Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:56 pm

Amazing dynasty and realistic screenshots..
Good luck with ur dynasty man..wonder what's gona happen next year..

:lol: keep it up, I can't update mine cause im in Taiwan :x
cloudy
Cloudy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame