Sit's Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Who will win the 2006 NBA Finals

Los Angeles Lakers
80%
Boston Celtics
20%

Total votes : 20

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:36 pm

Hmm, Kobe almost got the TD. Good job on the win, only two more to go!!!
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:49 pm

Bryant in His Prime and in the Spotlight Once Again

BOS: 32 – 23 – 21 – 21 – 97
LAL: 21 – 33 – 28 – 34 – 116

Los Angeles Lakers 116 @ Boston Celtics 97

21-8 Los Angeles Lakers wins series against 15-14 Boston Celtics 3-1

ABOVE: The Los Angeles Lakers won the Larry O’Brien Trophy last night

Boston – Kobe Bryant has been through a lot of ups and downs throughout his career. His controversial rookie years where no one had faith in his capabilities, then his feud with Shaquille O’neal, his rape trial, disassembling the Lakers dynasty, his ego and then injuries have littered his reputation and transformed his image into basically nothing good. Last night was the breakthrough as he was awarded with Finals MVP and an NBA Championship.

Bryant averaged 33 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 9 apg and 3.5 spg throughout the 4 games which led to the crowning of the new NBA champions the LA Lakers. In Game 4, it was Bryant once again providing the scoring touch needed to close out the Boston Celtics at Fleet Center and clinch the title. This time though he received help from 5 players in double figures for scoring while his whole team got to get onto the floor.

Bryant was brilliant in all spectrums of the game of basketball as he finished with 29 points, a playoffs high 14 assists, 7 rebounds and 8 steals in 42 minutes of game time. He scored 11, 8 assists and 6 steals in the pivotal final quarter of game play and the final game of the 05-06 season. “Kobe has been magnificent,” Head Coach Magic Johnson said, “It’s his ring that he’s won for us. Even through all the injuries, he still prevailed as the best player on the court.”

Veteran big man who profited from Bryant’s presence on the court that lead to his 12 points in the final quarter was excited for Bryant, “Kobe deserves all the accolades and promotions that follows this. The kid’s been cut from all of his endorsement deals after that trial from 2 years ago. It’s good he will be getting some back.” Grant finished with 12 points and 8 rebounds in just 15 minutes of game time.

Kwame Brown supported Kobe well in the post as he scored 24 points and was glad that the Lakers had pitched form him last season in amid season trade. “I’m happy that I ended up here. The team is great and Kobe is a good guy; the media portrays many things very wrong these days.” Star players Ron Artest and Carlos Boozer both shared the same view after their win. Artest said, “Deferring to Kobe wasn’t such a big deal. We still got our rings and got to play.” Boozer agreed saying, “Sure, Kobe had the ball a lot but we didn’t complain and we still got our points and boards.” Artest finished with 17 while Boozer added 12 and 10.

Juan Dixon who had a breakout postseason finished with 12 points and 5 assists in the most important game of his career and said Kobe Bryant was the one to thank as the Lakers made their post game speeches to the Boston crowd. Michael Cooper who played in the 80’s version of the Lakers outfit said to the crowd, “It was a great series. I’m sure we could meet you next year back in this arena. Thanks for the support even though, I don’t see many Lakers fans in the crowd.”

Paul Pierce was once again the only significant player on the court for Boston and it could be his last game with the team. Pierce scored 34 points and said after game, “Boston’s got to make upgrades. The East is a weak conference and we can do well in it if we can get the support we need.”

The young and inexperienced Celtics were quick to take a lead in the first half but LA regained the advantage and blew Boston away in the third and fourth quarters. Al Jefferson showed promise as he scored 14, 6 and 4 while Ricky Davis showed up with 13 points.

“We tried our best this series,” Jefferson said, “To take one game from them (LA) was very good. We have the potential to improve.”

As LA ran down the clock, Pierce looked up painfully at the scoreboard to await the final buzzer and the Lakers ran off of their bench fanatically. Veteran basketball Shane Heal was playing in his final career basketball match and went away with the game ball. “This is something I’ve missed out on in my life,” the Australian said, “An NBA Championship has always been down as a goal. Now I can retire for good.”

Newly signed Clippers’ Head Coach Will Sit was courtside to watch his team win and stated to a courtside reporter, “I’m proud of the team I built. Can’t wait to play them in next season!”

This is Kobe Bryant’s fourth NBA ring and first without Shaquille O’Neal. "I told y'all that we would win it all," Lakers' reserve Kareem Rush said.

Boxscore:

Scenes Postgame:

Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:09 pm

That's how it goes as the LA Lakers win the NBA Championship in the 2005-06 Season led by Kobe Bryant.

It was a great Finals series against the Boston Celtics which of course you have seen LA prevail. The season in retrospective has been a fine one and the Playoffs were even better!

Thank's for tuning in Sports fans and we will be looking forward to the 2006-07 NBA Season. From the crew at NBA TV, Good night and tune in next time!
Fresh8

Postby BOSS on Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:11 pm

O SHIET !

Congradualations man, good win. So what are your plans for next season ?
BOSS

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:20 pm

CB4 wrote:O SHIET !

Congradualations man, good win. So what are your plans for next season ?

Looks like he is switching to the Clippers judging by the name of his thread :lol: Nice job winning the championship, Kobe finally won one without Shaq
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby The X on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:35 pm

congrats :chug: knew you would get it done against the Celtics :applaud:

now lets see what you can do with the Clippers :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:37 pm

Good stuff man, I knew that 1 loss was just a minor set back, I look foward to the Clippers coming back inot glory.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:45 pm

Ok Guys, I need some urgent help. I used this NBA Live editng tool program and did some trades and stuff to get what I wanted and afetr everything the game keeps crashing... can someone help me out?

All I did was do some trades: I'm sure this isnt causing the problems
And signed a few free agents to teams: This is a possible thing that might be screwing up the game... I've DBF edited so that the players who were picked up have their contracts taking up their team's cap sapce... wat did i do wrong?

Other than that, the Offseason reports will be able to come out soon!
Fresh8

Postby LegoTP on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:07 pm

Nice job on winning the championship... damn it, against the Celtics ? That's a retro game... :P (Y)
Thanks to : c0nr4d for the sig
LegoTP

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:21 pm

Nice for the Lakers... (Y) Go get the Clips back to glory... wait... they never had any glory during their California days... whatever, just make them contenders.

As for the crashing problems, it's probably the FAs signings... The fields in players.dbf for those players regerding salary are not the same fields as the ones for signed players. Just try to make it look like the signed players and see if it works...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:31 pm

I;ve changed the fields for all free agents and traded players... still no luck... (N)

i have changed all the CASH_TEAM values to the TEAM values...
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:38 pm

Clippers Bid Brand Farewell, Bring In Big Ben

ABOVE: Ben Wallace and Elton Brand are switching places!

Los Angeles – The LA Clippers felt that 6 year pro Elton Brand had just about worn out his welcome in Hollywood. The ‘other’ team in LA made a bold move in trading away their franchise player.

The man known by many as ‘Mr 20-10’ just never made a difference to the team’s playoffs aspirations. As the team is about o taste the lottery once more, newly signed Head Coach Will Sit asked for changes and the assembling of a team he wanted to work with. The first man asked to leave was Elton Brand.

Brand didn’t feel any anger at the organisation as he graciously accepted the offer to be moved to a new environment. “They (The Clippers) stuck with me for these last few years. And I’m ok with switching; it’s a change for everyone. Maybe even a change for the best.”

Elton Brand was traded along with Bobby Simmons for reigning NBA Defensive Player of the Year and the second overall draft choice for 2003; Darko Milicic. The deal was a sign and trade as Wallace was in the last year of his contract and would have left the Pistons for nothing. Pistons’ Head Office released a statement, “Due to our situation with Ben Wallace, we have been forced into this sign and trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers.”

Wallace was reportedly growing frustrated with the tough organisation after being at odds with his team mates and becoming the team’s scapegoat after an upset first round elimination in the Playoffs last season. He said, “I didn’t want to hang around,” at a press conference announcing the deal had been approved. Darko Milicic was also a disgruntled player in Larry Brown’s system. The third year player felt that he wasn’t getting enough opportunities to prove his worth as a second overall pick and contemplated a return to Europe.

The Clippers added Bobby Simmons to the deal in order to acquire both front court players. The SF had a breakout season averaging 15.7 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 2.3 apg and 1.79 spg as he started all 29 games of the season. He gives the Pistons a second string player at the 3 which has been void for a very long time.

6’9” C Ben Wallace brings one championship, 2 trips to the NBA Finals and last season’s 26-3 record on his resume as very impressive experience. He averaged 12.2 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 2.0 apg, 2.34 spg and 2.72bpg in all 29 game sof the season. His shot blocking ability and defensive intensity should be vital for the Clippers team. Darko’s potential to become an All-star drove the Clippers to trade for the big man as his numbers show he has potential to make it into the big time. He averaged close to a point and a rebound in 29 games from off the pine registering 5.5 mpg. When converted to stats per 48 minutes, his numbers equate to 11 ppg, 8 rpg, 2.7 apg and 1.8 bpg, all numbers which should fit into the Clippers’ system well and numbers which are calculated with his minimal touches of the ball.

Darko was thrilled with the move to California as he stated, “This is very good to happen to me. I feel (that) I can contribute more to (a) team that (can) give me more minutes.”

Elton Brand averaged 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 3 apg and 2.2 bpg for the Clippers and started all 29 games of last season too.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:39 pm

Telfair Treks to Hollywood Along With Ex-Clipper

ABOVE: Sebastian Telfair seen passing to Darius Miles is coming to LA

Los Angeles – PG Sebastian Telfair and SF Darius Miles both had had enough of riding the pine for the Portland Trailblazers. Telfair was stuck in a 7 guard rotation whilst Miles had fallen out of the coaches’ good books after he had an incident with the head coaches’ wife.

The Clippers continued with their rebuilding by trading SG Corey Maggette and PG Renjie Nakamura in exchange for the two players mentioned above. Maggette’s 22 ppg, 6 rpg and 4 apg wasn’t enough to keep him at home as he suffered the same fate as fellow teammate Elton Brand.

Donald Sterling of the Clippers said, “We just feel that it was time to move on and change our Franchise cornerstones.” Will Sit, the newly signed Head Coach was more excited about talking about his two new players, “Sebastian has a lot of potential. He’s got great handles, ball handling skills and if he can develop some kind of jumper, he will be dangerous. As for D-Miles, this guy used to play here and the guy up there (Management) thought he could average 20, 12, 7. Well, here’s his chance to impress us!”

The Clippers described the deal as an excellent one for both teams. The Blazers receive a starting SG that they have desperately needed while the Clippers get two role players who are ready to step up.

Telfair is known as a hard worker and his ball handling skills will fit into the Clippers’ framework. “LA (Clippers) need someone who can handle that rock, I’m their man,” Sebastian Telfair reassured reporters. Miles is very aggressive and is seen as a guy who has all the tools to do everything on the basketball court. “I’m gracious to be given a second chance by the Clippers, I won’t let them down.”

Maggette who was looking like an All-Star last season and should start for Portland, “I am looking forward to working with Zach Rudolph.”
Fresh8

Postby cklitsie on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:44 pm

I have to admit I never really checked this dynasty (huge Laker hater), but congrats on the chip. (Y)
And the switch to the Clippers might make it a little more interesting for me personally, as long as you don't trade for Kobe it's all good. :lol:
cklitsie

Postby Its_asdf on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:34 pm

I am very interested in what you are going to do with the Clips, especially since you traded away BOTH of the franchise players... I hope you have something good for us....
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:49 am

LA Clippers 06-07 Season Preview

Draft:
Bryan Cooper (5th Overall NBA Pick) - Traded via No. 3 (Haydn Moten) and 33rd Picks (Anthony Moten)

Free Agency:
Chris Wilcox (Re-sign)
Kerry Kittles (Re-sign)
Marko Jaric (Re-sign)

Additions:
Ben Wallace (Via Trade)
Darko Milicic (Via Trade)
Sebastian Telfair (Via Trade)
Darius Miles (Via Trade)
Will Sit (Head Coach)

Subtractions:
Elton Brand (Via Trade)
Bobby Simmons (Via Trade)
Corey Maggette (Via Trade)
Renjie Nakamura (Via Trade)
Rick Brunson (Free Agency)
Zeljko Rebraca (Free Agency)

Season Preview:

The Los Angeles Clippers had their busiest off season in many seasons. They traded away their franchise player, number one scorer and sacked their head coach. Then they replaced the whole starting line up.

New coach Will Sit renowned for building the team next door into NBA champions over the course of two seasons was signed just two months ago as the Clippers prepare for training camp. His influence has been felt by the front office who have helped build a team he wants to work with.

The tenacious defence of Ben Wallace has been inserted into Elton Brand’s consistent double double slot. The Clippers’ two next best players have been replaced by three role players. Two youngsters by the names of Sebastian Telfair and Darko Milicic will team up together in an attempt to prove critics that they have what it takes to play in the NBA. Ex-Clipper Darius Miles is back to lead the team.

Shaun Livingston and Chris Kaman, both players who have been high in the Clippers’ priority list have been given a backseat and it is expected they will both be taking the season ride on the pine.

Bryan Cooper who was drafted by the Clippers at number 5 is expected to be the new star of the team. LA gave up both first and second round picks to Toronto in order to attain him and critics are giving the move a lot of thought. As one Western Conference scout stated, “Bryan Cooper entered with a lot of hype but is he worth the Moten Twins?” The Clippers had picked up twin brothers Anthony and Haydn Moten with their two draft picks; thanks to Anthony’s rapid drop in draft stock.

This season will rely on what the Clippers will do with their young team. The average age of the team is 24.4 and the average experience in years is only 4 years. Will D Miles lead the team or will he take second fiddle behind 19 year old Bryan Cooper? Will the Clippers make the post season? Time will tell.

Preseason Schedule:

The Clippers will play 4 preseason games against the LA Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks and Toronto Raptors leading up to the 06-07 NBA Season.

Depth Chart:

C: Milicic/Kaman/Hrkac
PF: Wallace/Wilcox
SF: Miles/Livingston
SG: Cooper/Kittles
PG: Telfair/Jaric
Fresh8

Postby AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy on Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:59 am

SF: Miles/Livingston

You using Livingston at SF??? :shock: Did you DBF edit him to be 230 pounds or what? :lol:

And I think Darko at PF and Ben at C would be more logical...
AlwaysWhat,NeverWhy

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:01 am

These are Your Los Angeles Clippers!

Team Overview on Player Roles:

Darko Milicic will get to start for the first time in his NBA career. The European big man was drafted due to his potential and it is expected that the Clippers will help bring out that potential. Darko will provide an inside presence on offence as Big Ben Wallace will be the plug on defence. Wallace brings his NBA experience as the tied oldest player on the team, only at 32.

Darius Miles and Sebastian Telfair, both former Blazers teammates will be the running conpartment of the starting five as the two are a good duo on the fast break. Miles can run the floor very well and Telfair is known for his flashy passes and ball handling skills. Miles, an ex-Clipper is expected to be the number 2 option on offence and Telfair is strictly a playmaker until his jumper improves.

Rookie and teenager Bryan Cooper is the player that fans must look out for. The swignman from Oklahoma State was a projected third NBA pick but dropped to 5th after the Clippers took Haydn Moten with the 3rd pick. Later, LA traded for the 6'7" SG and have now made him the focus of the team. His raw ability to score with his athletic ability is what makes him intriguing as he has already started to receive young Vince Carter comparisons.

The bench isn't bad either. Marko Jaric, Shaun Livington, Chris Kaman and Chris Wilcox comprise of the young part of the second unit. Along with the veteran presence of 32 year old Kerry Kittles, the second string guys are supposed to make an impact this season.

And 11th man Ivan Hrkac who was drafted as a project is coming along well. The very skilled shot blocker and three point shooter; something that makes the 7'0" C special, will be used for sure. Maybe not now but his time will come.

The Clippers' new head coach is yet to decide on how he wants to run the team. A fan of Phil Jackson's, he may decide to run a triangle offence however he may also go with a motion offence to get his good shooters open.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:02 am

Yeah Weaver.. anything wrong with that? lol
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:10 am

Second Coming of Run TMC?

Sit's Coaching Diary - Entry 1

When I looked at the roster and then at the court, I couldn't believe my eyes. The red team which featured backcourt partners Darius, Seb and Bryan were meshing all too well and brang back memories of Run TMC trio Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin and Tim Hardaway.

At the end of the 20 minute scrimmage, the Red team had won 72-41 and I now know which players will get the chance to score. Our rookie Bryan Cooper scored 31 points, Sebastian Telfair had 15 and 6 assists while Miles had 20 and 10 rebounds.

This intrigues me as to how I'm going to run the team. Originally, everything was to flow through Bryan. Miles would be second fiddle in a very minimised role of inside scorer and primary defender on the wing and Telfair was the primary ball handler and distributor. The frontcourt wasn't going to do much on offence.

Now I think I need to change my plans. In a few nights when we play the LA Lakers, I think I'm going to allow the three to do what they want and tell them that they can shoot as much as they wish. We'll see how it works.

Kobe Bryant who is the best player in the league right now will be a real test and measuring stick for Bryan. It is set to be a good matchup! Also, anyone see that we could have Run TMC Version 2? Even the names match up with Telfair, Miles, Cooper.

Thanks alot fans for reading this. Hope you enjoy the Clippers' Preseason match against cross town rivals LA!

Sit.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:16 pm

Clippers Blow Out World Champs
LA Clippers win first exhibition game despite Kobe Bryant’s hot shooting

Above: Bryan Cooper (8) welcomes Kobe Bryant (8) to his crib

Los Angeles (AP) – Even though it was only an exhibition game and a warmup in practical terms, the LA Clippers got a big crowd that boosted them to their 14 point win over the NBA champions and cross town rivals; LA Lakers.

Bryan Cooper needed no introduction to Kobe Bryant as he quickly went to work, dunking twice on the Lakers star, swatting Bryant’s next shot and then going on the other end one on one and scoring a fade away.

“The kid’s going to be good,” Bryant said of Cooper, whom he outscored in the end with 27 to Cooper’s 24, “He’s got all the right tools to be good but he’s going to have to get past me in the regular season before I can say if he is an All-star.”

Cooper led the Clippers in scoring along with Miles’ 22, Telfair’s 17, 8 assists and 8 steals and Ben Wallace’s 19 rebound effort to allow the Clippers to cruise to victory in the second half. Head Coach Will Sit was pleased with his team’s effort, “Great work by everyone. Especially Sebastian, he was our man of the match.”

Carlos Boozer sustained a swollen ankle late in the game which has put him out for the rest of the preseason. Kwame Brown finished with 17 and 12 and Fredrik Ratchuk added 12 for the Lakers. Penny Hardaway made his Lakers debut finishing with 6 points.

The Clippers fell behind LA early on but a second quarter highlighted by Cooper’s 11 straight points and a third quarter highlighted by Miles’ 14 quarter points put the home team back in front. Telfair finished off the Lake Show with 12 points, 6 assists and 5 steals in the final period.

Notes:

After the game, Will Sit shook hands with the Lakers coach he hired and met with his former team. He talked to Kobe Bryant and wished him luck for the following season… The Golden State Warriors have announced that they have acquired All-Star players Vince Carter and Baron Davis for their respective teams. The details of the deals have not been allowed to the media yet… The Clippers’ next preseason game is against the Atlanta Hawks…Preseason Record: 1-0 (1-0, 0-0)

Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Any comments on how to run the team would be nice! :D

Thanks for reading fellas!
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:04 pm

Nice stuff dude, I cant find anything wrong with the DBF's well its more a case that its hard for me to know where to look cos you dont have a copy of b4 u edited it.

I think Livingston shud be your backup PG and trade Jaric fora SF, so make Kittles ur SF.

Nad I agree Ben shud be at C and Darko at PF
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby LegoTP on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:43 pm

ceekay wrote:I have to admit I never really checked this dynasty (huge Laker hater), but congrats on the chip. (Y)
And the switch to the Clippers might make it a little more interesting for me personally, as long as you don't trade for Kobe it's all good. :lol:

Los Angeles Haters. :lol:
Nice win Sit against LAL with LAC. :P
Thanks to : c0nr4d for the sig
LegoTP

Postby The X on Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:08 pm

"Flyin'" Bryan Cooper :mrgreen: (Y)

jump on the bandwagon early boys 8-)

as for playing Livingston at SF :shake: he should be starting PG....he's better than Telfair :D
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame