X's Bobcats Dynasty '07/08 (NBA Live 2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:47 pm

Okay people, here's how it's going work. Each day or so I'm gonna post up the results of each round. Anyone who wants to make predictions of each round, please do so. I'm expecting Pistons to beat T'wolves in the NBA Finals 3-2, but we'll see how it goes. BTW, Playoff Settings are 5-5-5-5.

X's 1st ROUND PREDICTIONS:

WEST

(1) Memphis defeats (8) New Orleans 3-1

I think in this series, the Grizzlies will drop one game only, and then beat up on the Hornets in the rest of the series.

(4) San Antonio defeats (5) Dallas 3-2

This one will go the full 5 games and it could go either way. I'll give Duncan and the Spurs the edge as they have home court advantage.

(3) Minnesota defeats (6) Houston 3-1

Houston should play the T'wolves tough, but I don't think the T-Mac/Yao combo will be enough to stop the Garnett/Wally/Spree/Cassell onslaught. T'wolves in 4.

(7) LA Lakers defeats (2) Sacramento 3-2

Normally I'd have Kings winning this one, but with Peja Stojakovic out for the series, I now have to give Kobe and the Lakers the edge. Tight series though.

EAST

(1) Detroit defeats (8) Orlando 3-0

Magic are solid, but Pistons are defending champions and should roll over the Magic in 3 straight games.

(5) New York defeats (4) Cleveland 3-2

It's Bron's 1st playoff series so I'm expecting Knicks to use their experience to get over the line in 5 tough games.

(3) Miami defeats (6) Atlanta 3-0

It's the business end of the season and I expect the Shaq-Wade combo to finally click. Should be over in 3 or 4.

(2) Boston defeats (7) Chicago 3-1

I think the youth of the Bulls will give the Celtics some problems but in the end the Truth shall set the Celtics free into the 2nd Rd with a 3-1 series victory.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:51 pm

Anyway, there goes my 1st Round selections. I made them prior to beginning the playoffs. I have now simmed up to end of 1st Round and I will post results tomorrow night and my predictions for the 2nd Round.

Post your predictions each day and see how you go.

BTW, if you skipped straight to page 3 people, go back to page 2 to see the award winners and playoff brackets (it's a must).

haha, I've made it to my 3rd page.....I'm catching ya Micchy :roll:

P.S. If a moderator is reading this can you please delete my poll. (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:55 pm

R3M0 wrote:Iverson......... Pass........... Whats this world comming to, JUST SHOOT THE BALL IVERSON HOG IT HOG IT!!!

man Big Ben should have got Defensive Player, Hes slacking.

You probably don't want to hear this but Big Ben did not play one game this season....I started the season with rosters just after "the fight" with Big Ben and the few Pacers on the IR....I decided to let the CPU decide when to put them back in active rosters to try and add suspension realism....

it worked for Pacers as all 3 didn't return until April....Big Ben got the harsh end of the stick, a one year suspension :lol:

He'll be back in starting lineup for next season so don't worry :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:00 am

Man pistons own if they can get to the playoffs without Big Ben, Rasheed must be working overtime!

Postby The X on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:31 pm

PLAYOFFS 1st ROUND RESULTS

WEST

(1) Memphis
defeats (8) New Orleans 3-1

As expected, the Grizzlies played to par as they had only one blemish in game 2 to take the gallant Hornets down in 4 games.

Memphis: P. Gasol - 24.3ppg, 9.0rpg, 2.00bpg
New Orleans: B. Davis - 10.8ppg, 4.3apg, 34.1% FG, 15.0% 3Pt.

(5) Dallas
defeats (4) San Antonio 3-2

This series was a doozy with it going the full 5 games. Each team split their held only 1 of their home games through 4 games. With the series tied at 2, in a OT epic, the Dallas Mavericks caused the 1st major boilover as they busted the Spurs' bubble, to move onto Round 2.

Dallas: J. Stackhouse - 21.4ppg, 5.4rpg, 6.0apg, 1.80spg, 44.4% 3pt.
San Antonio: T. Parker - 15.0ppg, 6.8apg, 34.2% FG, 17.4% 3Pt.

(3) Minnesota
defeats (6) Houston 3-1

Houston might have stolen game 1, but it only served as a wake-up call for the T'wolves who won the next 3 to move onto the 2nd Round.

Minnesota: W. Szczerbiak - 20.3ppg, 5.5rpg, 50.9% FG
Houston: C. Ward - 6.0ppg, 5.0apg, 25.8% FG, 30.8% 3Pt.

(7) LA Lakers
defeats (2) Sacramento 3-2

With the injury to Peja, this series was always gonna be close and go down to the wire. Well folks, it did. The Kings seemed to have the edge as they held their home court and led 2-0. The Lakers reeled off 3 straight in an impressive fashion. The Kings will have trouble shaking that "choker" tag.

LA Lakers: V. Divac - 11.8ppg, 6.2rpg, 5.0apg, 1.40bpg
Sacramento: P. Stojakovic - DNP (Broken Bone in Wrist)

EAST

(8) Orlando
defeats (1) Detroit 3-1

I am absolutely stunned by this result. The defending NBA champion Detroit Pistons are OUT!!! I don't know what the Pistons were thinking about but the home cooking didn't help as they dropped both home games and they never recovered. I'm guessing Grant Hill is sitting in a corner with a smug look across his face.

Orlando: G. Hill - 20.8ppg, 11.3rpg, 6.0apg, 1.50spg, 53.8% FG
Detroit: C. Billups - 13.5ppg, 6.0apg, 35.7% FG, 30.0% 3Pt.

(5) New York
defeats (4) Cleveland 3-1

I don't think this series result was a surprise as the inexperience of the Cavs showed through. You can't blame Lebron James though, as he was brilliant. It's a shame his teammates let him down. Then again, he's only 20 and he has plenty of other opportunities.

New York: J. Crawford - 23.5ppg, 4.5rpg, 5.5apg, 16/42 3Pt. (38.1%)
Cleveland: L. James - 32.0ppg, 8.5rpg, 7.3apg, 2.0spg

(6) Atlanta
defeats (3) Miami 3-1

What's going on, another boilover. Newly crowned MVP Antoine Walker proved doubters wrong as he dominated in this series and well and truly over-shadowed MVP contender Shaquille O'Neal. How far can 'Toine carry these Hawks is anyones guess.

Atlanta: A. Walker - 28.8ppg, 14.5rpg, 4.3apg, 2.00spg, 1.25bpg, 9/23 3Pt. (39.1%)
Miami: S. O'Neal - 18.0ppg, 13.0rpg, 2.50bpg, 42.1% FG, 41.2% FT

(7) Chicago
defeats (2) Boston 3-0

The young Bulls came out from the start of game 1 with a lot of energy and hustle and managed to steal the game. Ditto for game 2. Suddenly Chicago was only one win away from the 2nd Round. They did it easy in game 3, and the rest is history. I would not want to be facing this team in the 2nd Round, that's for sure.

Chicago: E. Curry - 19.0ppg, 13.3rpg, 54.5% FG
Boston: M. Blount - 3.7ppg, 6.3rpg, 18.2% FG
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:40 pm

PLAYOFF TREE (After Round 1)

ImageImage
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:42 pm

The 2nd Round is here, and whilst the majority of top seeds in the West advanced, in the East seeds 1-4 are gone, and the race is wide open.

X's 2nd ROUND PREDICTIONS:

WEST

(5) Dallas defeats (1) Memphis 3-2

I normally would have had the Grizzlies taking this series, but the way the Mavs came back against the Spurs, I really think they will build on that success and if they can win one on the road then they will win this series.

(3) Minnesota defeats (7) LA Lakers 3-0

Lakers were lucky to catch a weakened Kings team. They won't be so lucky this time. They're out in 3.

EAST

(5) New York defeats (8) Orlando 3-2

The Knicks caught a big break with the Magic rolling the Pistons. New York won't let the Magic take them by surprise as they win a tight series in the decider at MSG.

(7) Chicago defeats (6) Atlanta 3-1

I'm jumping on the Bulls' bandwagon. They have no fear, especially of 'Toine and the Hawks. Bulls win, Bulls win!!!
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jing on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:54 am

i was just wondering, where is x's team.. but then i remembered you were the bobcats :P

good luck in your upcoming season!
Jing

Postby Micchy_boy on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:11 pm

My Prediction

Grizzlies win 3-2
Minnesota 3-1 (common give my Lakers some respect)

New York wins 3-1.
Atlanta wins 3-0

that all based on how they play in the 1st round....
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby The X on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:17 pm

interesting predictions Micchy.....I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results....

jxuusa, yeah, Bobcats will be back....and how realistic would it have been having me in playoffs in 1st season?!? either way, my off-season should determine how next season looks.....I'm predicting I'll make a run for the No. 8 seed in the East.....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:35 pm

PLAYOFFS 2nd ROUND RESULTS

WEST

(1) Memphis defeats (5) Dallas 3-0

The Grizzlies showed why they were the best team through the regular season and have re-inforced themselves as the favourites to win it all. This series was a blowout as the Grizzlies easily swept the soft Mavs to the side to advance to the Western Conference Finals.

Memphis: M. Miller - 17.3ppg, 5.1apg, 1.57spg, 49.4% FG, 45.8% 3Pt. (11/24)
Dallas: M. Finley - 14.0ppg, 33.9% FG, 28.1% 3Pt.

(3) Minnesota defeats (7) LA Lakers 3-1

The Lakers played Minnesota tough in this series as they tied the series 1-1 heading back to LA. Unfortunately for Kobe and his boys, Garnett and his old boys were too much in this series as they set up an epic Conference Finals matchup with the Grizzlies.

Minnesota: K. Garnett - 21.8ppg, 12.4rpg, 4.4apg, 1.90bpg, 1.55spg, 50.2% FG
LA Lakers: K. Bryant - 18.1ppg, 4.7rpg, 5.1apg, 1.89spg, 28.6% 3Pt.

EAST

(5) New York defeats (8) Orlando 3-1

The Magic just couldn't continue their magical run in the playoffs as they were impressively knocked out in 4 by the improving Knicks, who surely must have their eyes on the prize by now.

New York: T. Thomas - 15.9ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.13spg, 1.00bpg, 51.0% FG, 45.5% 3Pt. (10/22)
Orlando: S. Francis - 13.9ppg, 6.3rpg, 7.5apg, 2.38spg, 37.8% FG, 29.2% 3Pt.

(6) Atlanta
defeats (3) Miami 3-1

The Bulls hit the wall against the Hawks in this series as the Hawks dismantled the upstart Bulls in 3 straight games. Toine continues his superb play as he proves more doubters wrong. The Atlanta-New York series could go either way.

Atlanta: J. Barry - 15.4ppg, 3.6rpg, 6.1apg, 2.43spg, 36.4% 3Pt. (12/33), 90.3% FT
Chicago: T. Chandler - 6.7ppg, 8.3rpg, 2.17bpg
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:37 pm

PLAYOFF TREE (After Round 2)

ImageImage
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:45 pm

It is Conference Finals time as only 4 teams remain and only 1 prize awaiting. In the West, 2 powerhouses clash, whereas in the East, 2 improving rosters have shocked all on their way to within 3 games of the NBA Finals. It's just getting interesting folks.

X's CONFERENCE FINALS PREDICTIONS:

WEST

(3) Minnesota defeats (1) Memphis 3-2

You almost have to flip a coin to pick this series, but I'm having to go with the sentimental favourites, the Minnesota Timberwolves. All the pieces are falling in place for Kevin Garnett this post-season and he might never get a better chance. On the flip side, the Grizzlies have been rolling through the playoffs without issue and will be very tough to beat. I think the Wolves can do it in 5.

EAST

(5) New York defeats (6) Atlanta 3-1

I'm expecting another tough series out East, and on form, one would expect the Hawks to get up. But I'm going against trend again as I'm picking the Knicks in 4 tough games. A Garnett v Marbury matchup at MSG is waiting.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 pm

Playoffs are now updated through to the Conference Finals. Tomorrow I'll post the results of the Conference Finals and let you know you will face off for the NBA Championship.

I have updated Team Records and Hall of Fame on page 1 of the thread if anyone wants to check it out.

I am also working on a Mock Draft and will post it after the NBA Finals are completed. Then a little later (maybe on the weekend, will see how time goes) I will complete the off-season and have extensive off-season and draft coverage.

If you've got any queries, comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate.

X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:31 pm

on a side note, for the 2006 Draft and future drafts I'm going to have a combo of future draftees, NLSC players and random generated players....

I'll probably have about 10 college and Euro players, although preferably I'd prefer ones where cyberfaces have been made for them....so if anyone knows where I can get a hold of college/Euro prospects cyberfaces, please let me know.....

at the moment for the 2006 Draft, I'll probably have the following in the draft: Andrew Bogut (got a c-face for him), Hakim Warrick, Nate Robinson, Luke Schenscher, a few Euro prospects and another couple of college prospects....

players like Chris Paul, Chris Taft, Marvin Williams etc will probably go in 2007 draft....

as for NLSC players (you'll need a cyberface)....I'm in 2005 class....
2006 class so far includes Melo & Honor Glow....

I'll probably take another few for 2006 class....I'd prefer more consistent dynasty poster and people who post in this thread to be in 2006 class (ie. micchyboy, jxuusa, seraph, cocobee)....but anyone else who wants to be in on it, just send me a pm.....oh and btw, no guarantees on draft positions for draft.....don't expect top 5 picks.....it's more likely that your player will have modest skills, be a mid to late 1st Rder (I won't put anyone as low on the draft board as my guy was so don't worry about that) who might develop....probably make it random etc.....

the rest of draftees will be my usual "fantasy" ones.....

that's all....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:00 pm

PLAYOFFS CONFERENCE FINALS RESULTS

WEST

(1) Memphis
defeats (3) Minnesota 3-1

Kevin Garnett fell a couple of games short again as Memphis won this series comfortably 3-1. Pau Gasol and the Grizzlies move onto the franchise's 1st NBA Finals appearance. Based on their performance to date, they'd have to go in as favourites. As for the T'wolves, time could be running out for their current roster and team re-structuring may need to be done.

Memphis: J. Posey - 18.0ppg, 8.4rpg, 1.55spg, 1.36bpg, 55.1% FG, 44.0% 3Pt. (22/50)
Minnesota: S. Cassell - 17.2ppg, 8.0apg, 1.50spg, 41.7% FG, 29.4% 3Pt.

EAST

(5) New York
defeats (6) Atlanta 3-0

With the Madison Garden faithful cheering on, the New York Knickerbockers held the 1st 2 games in this series, including a tough OT matchup in game 1. I think those 2 close losses broke the Hawks' backs and they folded in the 3rd game, to be knocked out in 3 straight games. As for New York, they look to have put the last few years' troubles behind them as they look to add another chapter to the franchise's illustrious history.

New York: K. Thomas - 9.0ppg, 11.3rpg, 1.27spg, 88.2% FT
Atlanta: K. Anderson - 9.4ppg, 5.2apg, 1.30spg, 35.5% FG
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:22 pm

THE MATCHUP

2004-05 Matchup Review:

Memphis got up in both games that the 2 teams met in this season.

04/03/2005 - Memphis 99 v New York 88
29/04/2005 - Memphis 103 @ New York 102

HOW THE GRIZZLIES GOT THERE

The Grizzlies made the regular season look easy as it finished with a league-best 41-17 record and the No. 1 seed throughout the playoffs.

Many thought the inexperienced Grizzlies would stumble with the pressure lifted. However, the team has gone from strength-to-strength and has recorded a stellar 9-2 record up till now.

Memphis is led by All-Star Pau Gasol, but it is the deep bench and balanced scoring that causes opposing team's defenses a lot of trouble. Gasol is supported by James Posey, Jason Williams, Stormile Swift, Mike Miller, Bonzi Wells and Shane Battier.

HOW THE KNICKS GOT THERE

The Knicks struggled through the regular season but a 28-30 record was good enough for the 5th seed in the East.

The Knicks have also put up a stellar 9-2 record in the playoffs, although against weaker competition than the Grizz (Cleveland, Orlando and Atlanta vs. New Orleans, Dallas and Minnesota). New York toughed it out against the Cavs and since then has gone from strength to strength and is a definite chance in this series.

Looking at the Knicks' roster, one would expect Stephon Marbury to be leading the way and usually it is. However in this year's playoffs it has been the newest Knick, Jamal Crawford, who has stepped up big-time and put the team on his back and carried them. If the Knicks are to get up in the Finals, Marbury, Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas will need to be at their best.

X's PREDICTION

I have doubted the Grizzlies too much in the playoffs and they have proved me wrong every single time. It is for that reason, and the fact that the West is far superior to the East, and the Grizz are so much deeper than the Knicks, that I'm predicting the Grizzlies to win the series in 4 games.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Micchy_boy on Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:24 am

well lets make this interesting, i'l rooting for the Knicks coz i think your not lucky in picking winners in playoffs... :lol: :lol:

good luck in your Off-season
any players you want to acquire??
Micchy_boy

Postby The X on Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:42 pm

you might be right there micchy....I'm a jinx :lol: I'm guessing you don't want me to come on to your thread then and pick Lakers to win it all then :wink:

maybe I shouldn't jinx my FA hopes but I will....would love to sign Larry Hughes if Wizards fail too....my style of wingman as he is athletic, good defensively, can play PG as well or act as 2nd ball handler on the court, and can shoot the rock pretty well....

I'll definately be looking at grabbing a SG.....Larry Hughes and Michael Redd are the top 2's available....I might stick to the real life 75% salary cap limit for the 2nd season as you mentioned in a general issues thread to make it more realistic....as for draft, probably the Asian PG (projected #2 Julian Nwanaka)....but check out my mock draft which I'll post either tonight or tomorrow for Draft predictions....

on a side note, I went on to the off-season so I could get the finals mvp etc for my recap, which by the time most of you read will be below this, and the New Jersey Nets offered me the GM role.....I'm considering it, but nah, I'll stick with Bobcats for at least the 2nd season....let me know what you think...I figure can always move on in future....here's the reason why (GM Rating = 100):

The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:25 pm

NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!

All seemed to be going to plan for the Memphis Grizzlies as they won Game 1 comfortably to protect its homecourt advantage. Gasol and the boys travelled to Madison Square Garden for Game 2 and ran away with the game to take an almost insurmountable 2-0 lead in the best of 5 series with Game 3 back in Memphis. Then came the turning point of the series.

In the do-or-die Game 3, Marbury and the Knicks pulled out a huge upset in a cliff-hanging 96-92 win in Memphis. With newfound confidence, the Knicks took it up a gear, and the Grizzlies, who had just blown a golden opportunity to close the series, fell apart at the seams. Game 4 was a blowout win for the Knicks, as they extended the series to the deciding game in Memphis.

With a chance to redeem themselves in front of their home crowd and bring home the ultimate title, the Grizzlies looked to get out quick and dominate the upstart Knicks. Didn't work, momentum was with the Knicks as they blew out the Grizzlies by 25 points. The New York Knickerbockers did the unthinkable, coming back from a 0-2 deficit in a 5 game series, with the opposition holding home court advantage.

Congratulations, to the 2004/05 NBA Champion New York Knickerbockers. :applaud:

No one is complaining about Isiah Thomas' GM abilities now as his No. 1 free agency signing, Jamal Crawford carried the Knicks throughout the playoffs and the Finals on his way to the 2005 NBA Finals MVP.

Well viewers, it was a trying season for my Bobcats, but the future is far from bleak....I've tried to gradually improve things, but also keep some fresh with my own unique spin on things....there are so many great dynasties out there (I won't name them, you know who you are) that I hope I've contributed in some small way....I'll continue this dynasty and updating the thread as long as time permits....as always, comments and suggestions are welcome....I'll probably look at making a few more transactions in the next season so don't be afraid to holler at me if you think my team needs a change....

anyway, off-season coverage to come....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Micchy_boy on Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:04 am

well, you really a jinx :lol:
well congrats for finaaly finishing this season...
i remember i already put your dynasty in the RETIRED DYNASTY since its been a while before you update this thread.

well again congrats and Goodluck on your off-season and next season.
Micchy_boy

Postby The X on Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:20 am

I can't believe the Grizzlies crumbled like that....it's just crazy....I thought the series was as good as over at 2-0....just crazy....

but yeah the season did take a little longer than expected....I'm expecting once NLSC players and other rookies come through, I'll get through following seasons a little quicker....

yeah, the thread was retired for quite a few weeks as was moving houses and lost motivation, at least until HonorGlow revived it with his Birdie Score breakdown....

and to everyone, if you want in on 2006 Draft and be scouted etc then send email to just_x@ihug.com.au with your cyberface and player details....

Mock Draft will be posted tomorrow....too tired to do it now....long week at work....but I get my 300ZX (see Avatar) on Tuesday so will be :P it
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Man thats an exciting finals. Well presented too. I look foward to the offseason, getting Hughes would be awesome, although Redd would be a sure go to guy.

Good luck for the offseason, hope it pans out how you hope it too (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The X on Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:05 pm

cheers for compliment match....forgot to mention before to email or pm me the profile of your player....

to everyone, I know I said I'd post Mock Draft today but have run out of time, so will definitely post it tomorrow....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby cocobee on Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:18 pm

if you want in on 2006 Draft and be scouted etc then send email to just_x@ihug.com.au with your cyberface and player details....

I just did! Can't wait to be drafted! (Y)
cocobee
America's Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame