"Pictures are worth 1002 words" Bobcats (2005)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby trubucksfan on Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:01 pm

wooo! its been a looong season,prolly even longer for you with that record, but this is probably the worst team youll have talent-wise. nice mag with J.R. on it and congrats on the 2 rooks winnin awards. lookin forward to seein how the draft works out. great update!
trubucksfan

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:38 pm

a little retrospect(sorry that this is a bit late as we're now at the end of the season...)

...from the annals of the 2005 Birdie Project: (info)
Cocobee's Bobcats 2004-05 mid-season Birdie Breakdown:

Although just a rookie, Cocobee's Okafor came out fighting this season and got mid-season team
MVP honors with a weighted Birdie score of 17.27- and his 'reversible' Live Card is...enabled.

'reversible Live Card preview':

Keeping their season record in mind:
This Dynasty is currently ranked #9 on the 2005 Birdie Board.
(however,NO PENALTIES as expected...Good Job!)

For the complete 'Birdie Breakdown' AND to see Okafor's ' reversible' Live Card click here.

Cocobee: I agree with trubucksfan that yeh, there's no where but up from here...so we're also looking forward to seeing that Birdie Score get higher and higher. I'm looking forward to your draft and how you're going to build up the Bobcats into a true powerhouse...

...on a side note, can I steal your end of season pstat (before I look like a fool for being so late in posting your results.)
Last edited by HonorGlow on Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

Postby jawa31 on Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:18 pm

Great work as always man
jawa31

Postby cocobee on Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:18 am

Thanks for the kind words fellas! Draft coverage coming up next!

Honor Glow,
Thanks :wink: I'll be on MSN tonight --I'll send it to you.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:34 am

cocobee wrote:
Honor Glow,
Thanks :wink: I'll be on MSN tonight --I'll send it to you.

Thank you, I might not be on tonight until real late, if you could just email me it at honorglow@livedynasty.com, that'll work too. Thanks bunches!
HonorGlow

Postby Micchy_boy on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:38 am

you maybe sucked this season but i know things will be better on your 2nd season. Okafor and Smith will develop. Any player(s) you will persue in the off-season?
Micchy's Lakers Dynasty l 2nd Season w/ NLSC BALLERS l
Micchy_boy

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:39 am

good update, what are jr smith and okafor's ratings right now in the off-season? I don't know if they change in the offseason right when the season start.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Jing on Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:00 am

i'd say not too bad of a first season, looking foward to the next, as well as the draft!
Jing

Postby Seonadancing on Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:57 am

I also started a Bobcats dynasty but i played only 3 games with it. Okafor is a very good player for this team and i was thinking if i could make him the MVP and the Rookie of the year at the same. There was a topic about the possibility of that but i can't find it anymore. I guess i have to find out by playing the Bobcats myself. :D
Seonadancing

Postby Seraph on Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:58 am

Great job , and good season....
Better luck for the next one coc0...

BTW did you have my cyberface & portrait????
Seraph

Postby cocobee on Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:36 pm

Thanks for the kind words. :wink:

Seraph:
I haven't messed with it yet, sorry. But I will soon.

Seonadancing:
Okafor is a beast, I love that guy.

SbHZmAFiA:
sorry didn't check but as of now Smith is a 63 and Okafor is a 71.

Micchy_boy:
YES, we have a lot of money to get some free agents. Don't really know who the FA are yet, but we will be spending this summer. Plus I've got the number 2 pick in the draft. Rebuild time, we have to win now!

2005 Draft Analysis:

The Bobcats have invited 3 draftees to there pre-draft workout at the UNCC Campus. We have used ESPN's Draft Expert Chad Ford for his player analysis.

NBA 2005 Draft Lottery Order

Cocobee
6'3" 220 pds
PG/SG

Cocobee is a rare guard with size and skill. But get this, he loves to pass first shoot second. A great team player but can take over when needed. Led the VCU Rams to a sweet sixteen appearence this past year. Will help any team immediately. Soft spoken young man, played 1 year college ball and left. A future All Star. Will likely be picked in the top 5.

Cyriel Klitsie (Risin Ariza) :wink:
6'1" 160
PG

A super quick point guard. A pure point guard. Will command respect as soon as he hits the floor. He impressed in the Chicago camp and blew every point guard that he faced. He will be the quickest guard in the NBA, imagine Tony Parker on coccaine. Makes great decisions in transition. Will only go up from here. An immediate starter on any NBA team. Can and will shoot if needed, but will be in the top 5 in dimes his first year. This guard has no fear. Word is he'll go 1 or 2. I predict 3 to NJ. Kidd is on his way out.

Rihards Gromuls (PiksS) :wink:
6'9" 225 pds
SG/SF/PF

This has got to be one of the deepest drafts in awhile. Gromuls in any other draft would be an automatic number 1 pick, no question. In this one--he's top 3. A complete player that can burn you on offense and kill you on defence. A tough kid that can play 3 positions very well. No real weakness-but he just needs to adjust to the NBA pace. Long and lanky and get somewhere FAST. Look for this kid to be the number 1 or 2 pick. I hope he likes some Southern cooking in North Carolina.

The draft coming up. Good Luck. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby trubucksfan on Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:49 pm

Dope Stuff so far, TP on cocaine is just plain silly! lookin forward to more draft coverage if their is any.
trubucksfan

Postby cklitsie on Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:02 pm

Very true. :P
Nice job on the draft analysis, I hope I'll slip tp number 8 (NYK), but Ican always first play for NJ and pull off a 'Mabury'. :wink:
cklitsie

Postby The X on Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:08 pm

first off, that pic of J.R. Smith in Dynasty mag is off the hook.....

but anyway, haha, the struggles of the Bobcats.....I can feel the pain I'm 1-6 at the moment so my season could be a long one as well.....but then again I wouldn't have it any other way.....Okafor is a beast inside though and is the heart and the soul of the team.....it's a lot harder to win on superstar level without anyone who can create their own shots or hit an open J (with exception of maybe Kapono)......I've had Knight and Hart though up the worst bricks imaginable.....

am looking forward to draft coverage....I might try and put together my player when I create him for my dynasty so I can get in on the draft action..... I know I'd probably be many years down the track for the draft, but I'm thinking the league needs a 6'2", 220lb SG/SF who can shoot the rock and play good team basketball :lol:

anyway, keep up the good work with the Cats, hope you strike it big in free agency....I think a PG upgrade is a must.....

X
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Colin on Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:15 pm

The Heat won the championship by winning 4 games IN SACRAMENTO!!!

That's just weird.
C#
Pretty Flaco
Colin

Postby trubucksfan on Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:17 pm

yeah i was gonna say something about that,no home team won a game! thats crazy!
trubucksfan

Postby cocobee on Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:14 am

Thanks fellas, I put those HoT Ass Cheerleaders on there and you guys are worried about the score!(LOL :lol: )

Anyway, some bad news. I was dbf editing last night and I must of done something really bad because when I went back in the game all the player's heights were messed up. Like Yao Ming was listed at 6'11" and Tracy Mcgrady was 5'11". The whole league was like that. Option 1 was, I sent my dbf files to Andrew to see if he could find what I did wrong. Option 2 restart the dynasty-make my trades and simulate to where I'm at now. I'll wait for Andrew's word but I've already simmed a new dynasty to the exact spot. The big difference would be that the draft spots will probably be different. It sucks for me because I was already deep in November (playing wise) and I had a PHAT team too. Oh well. we will see what happens. :cry: I'm crossing ym fingers!
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Jing on Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:36 pm

whoa... antoine wins mvp, shaq 2nd team all nba? and brad miller beating out shaq... miami wins championship... crazy year that is

and man the rookies are hot! i'm lovin this even more!
Jing

Postby cocobee on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:38 am

I had to start a new dynasty :cry: I kept everything as close to my old one(with the trades and everything) The draft order has been changed a little and I still don't understand what happened in my last one. But look for an update tonight on the rookies.

as alwasys thanks for the support jxuusa :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Seraph on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:11 am

If you still have your old DBF send it to me I see what I can Do......

BTW I do have my cyberface and Portraits I was asking if I alredy sent them to u????

Of Course if you are willing to improve them....... :lol:
Seraph

Postby cocobee on Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:28 am

Seraph wrote:If you still have your old DBF send it to me I see what I can Do......

BTW I do have my cyberface and Portraits I was asking if I alredy sent them to u????

Of Course if you are willing to improve them....... :lol:

Yes please send them to me. I'll take a look at them. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Jing on Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:36 am

cocobee wrote:
as alwasys thanks for the support jxuusa :wink:

sucks that you had to get rid of that last one, but man i've been here since the last dynasty and ain't going nowhere.
Jing

Postby PiksS on Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:05 am

Sexy update :shock:

*i have updated my face,i will send it to you later :wink:
PiksS
Beast from the East

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:45 pm

another retrospect before we get too irrelevant...

...from the annals of the 2005 Birdie Project: (info)
Cocobee's Bobcats 2004-05 end of season Birdie Breakdown:

So the rookie that could just got better as the season went along. Cocobee's Okafor bumped up his mid-season Birdie Score from 17.27 to 18.59- ending the season as Team MVP and yet another Live Card is...enabled.

'reversible Live Card preview':

...it's getting hard to stay up on top:
This Dynasty is currently ranked #10 on the 2005 Birdie Board.
(again, NO PENALTIES as expected...Good Job!)

For the complete 'Birdie Breakdown' AND to see Okafor's ' reversible' Live Card click here.

Cocobee: Thanks for sending in those ending pstats! How bout a background template to make these Live Cards a bit more fascinating!
HonorGlow

Postby cocobee on Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:32 pm

Draft Lottery Coverage
Rookie Ballers videos from media day
The initial Ballers Rookie Cards

enjoy. :wink:

Thanks for the supports fellas, BTW-we had a great off season! Look for the next update!
cocobee
America's Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame