HonorGlow's Ongoing LAKER Dynasty (NBA Live 2004)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby HonorGlow on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:27 am

It's a sad sad day in Laker Land:
July 2018: Brian Cook retires from the NBA
ImageImageImage

After a decent rookie season, Brian Cook blossomed into a deadly offensive force the next year with his auto-turnaround jumper from the low blocks. Cook remained the go-to guy until the next season when even younger greater Laker talent emerged. Never able to reclaim his niche, Cook mostly was underutilized nine of the next twelve seasons- not even leaving the pine in his final season.

However, Lakers always paid him well with lengthy contracts and when he left in 2006 for New York, the Lakers reclaimed him in a mid-season trade. Cook bleed Laker blue thoughout his fifteen years...

...unfortunately, no Jersey ceremony (sorry, The X)
HonorGlow

Postby HonorGlow on Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:47 am

Because of the influence of Sac-1, and because it looks like I'm getting towards the last 9 season of my first ever dynasty...I think I'm going to resuscitate my Lakers Live 2004 Dynasty and take it to the end(maybe take me another year though)

...I'm currently living out the dream of alexboom, who got his Dynasty this far but lost it to an accidental erasure..my condolences to you alexboom.

:!: A couple of things I've been aware of going this far:
* Only 3 REAL-LIFE players are left: Stevenson, Tony Parker, and lo and behold: KWAME BROWN!?!?!? In his tribute, I have traded for him from Phoenix and will aptly retire him as a Laker...weird.
* DON'T EVER Give your created player 99's across the board starting with the first season! My only player I did this...although his stats have diminished...IS STILL 99! He might play until he's 45!
* Genome players don't get more distinguished as they get older...they're still as ugly as hell!
* I should have not selected an 82 game schedule...how ignorant I was as a rookie Live player.
* I'm 7 MILLION points over the salary cap...talk about a luxury tax!

:!: With that said(and as I am not on my home computer...to be edited later) here's my Starting line-up:

C: 7'6" Thomas Goldberg: One the Playoff MVP one of these years...just can't remember RATING: 69
PF: Kwame Brown RATING: 33
SF: Tobias Eiland: Another Playoff MVP but earned it with only a 58 rating! RATING: 56
SG: Jean Earnest: Poor Jean...he's gone so many years seeing his other starters get League MVP/Playoff MVP...I think it's affected him so emotionally that he doesn't feel he'll ever be that great. RATING: 77
PG: 5'3" Sergei "Dimes" Hoyle I can never remember his fricken name...but he's always known as that little guy that dunks on people! RATING: 62

:!: The Lakers won the 2019 NBA Finals against the Indiana Pacers 4-0 on a buzzerbeater by Little H himself. ...and no I HAVE NOT WON THE TITLE EVERY YEAR! :D

More Updates soon!
Last edited by HonorGlow on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

Postby Sac-1 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:11 am

Wow, I feel proud to have inspired you so much! :lol: Well i'm looking forward to more updates and congrats on winning the Playoffs. (Y)
Sac-1

Postby DREeaZy06 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:18 am

2019 :shock: , and lmao at Kwame Brown, cant believe the updates are still coming, ill be reading
KNICKS Dynasty
DREeaZy06

Postby skateballer on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:26 pm

DREeaZy06 wrote:2019 :shock:

Yeah, I'm shocked too. This is an awesome dynasty, HonorGlow. It kicks my dynasty's ass :lol:
skateballer

Postby bullsfan009 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:50 pm

good going HonorGlow. Your PG sounds awesome- 5'3 and dunking :shock:
bullsfan009

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:23 am

bullsfan009 wrote:good going HonorGlow. Your PG sounds awesome- 5'3 and dunking :shock:

Yeh! Not uncommon in the world of genomes... Denver also has this 5'6 Sanderson dude that did a dunk facial on Sergei during the playoffs...

...these additional posts also give me a chance to dump 4.3 GIGABYTES of screenshots that have been accumulating all these years. :wink:

They'll be an update tonight...I will perhaps start a trend of doing my updates "IN THE STYLE OF" series...ie in the style of Cocobee's dynasty and do spoof something that he did cool in his dynasty or in the style of Sac-1's dynasty and do something that Sac-1 does unique. All depends how creative and time restricted I am! :shock:
HonorGlow

Postby Jing on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:08 am

oh damn man, this is good new stuff glad ur back somewhat. cocobee! got any other nlsc guys in there?
Jing

Postby Diogo on Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:28 am

Your Dynasty is great, keep it rolling dude.
Please... forgive my poor English
Diogo

Postby skateballer on Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:19 pm

Hey HonorGlow, are all the rookies and crap Generrated?
skateballer

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:46 pm

skateballer wrote:Hey HonorGlow, are all the rookies and crap Generrated?

Yes and No...but I guess we'll all have to wait and find out...
...please keep in mind that this Dynasty went through three video cards so you'll definitely notice the progression.

So...I guess I better get crackin' at this resurrection...
HonorGlow

Postby HonorGlow on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:26 pm

Historical recap:
Image Image Image
Taking abuse from the league: Brian Cook, Lil H, Spike Faulk

One has to remember that back in the old days(old days as in 2005 through 2007) the Lakers
were disparaging among the much disrepected of the League. Crazy trades made L.A. one of the most disliked teams of
the latter decade despite their initial stint of Glory entering the new milinium. With Kobe Bryant's
alleged rape case taking it's toll on the Laker brass, management decided to ship him
to another team that's known for their kind-heartedness to the troubled, that's right...
the Portland Jailblazers. In exchange, the Lakers received Portland's #1 Draft pick,
Six foot six Shooting guard, Little H from the University of California Los Angeles.

Image Image Image
You can't score if can't hold on to the ball: Lil H, Thomas Goldberg, Brian Cook

Although a hot prospect, "Little H." became the poster child for the troubled times to come
for L.A. It appeared that this team succombed to being the whipping boys of the league.
venturing into a youth movement, Veteran teams pulled off over-the-top veteran
antics...going as far as unsportmanlike conduct such as punching, slamming Laker players to
the floor, and in one incident, an almost near fatal karate knife shot to the neck.

This just gotta hurt. Ouch!

Not even the arrival of 7 foot 6 Thomas Goldberg would gaurantee success, as he too would
endure the abuse of opponents such as Houston's Yao Ming.

To say the least, it would take time and shear persevearance for this Laker team to turn the tables.

Up Next:

Who would be their saviour? Tune in next time for more further developments!
HonorGlow

Postby HonorGlow on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:20 am

Circa 2006: The Lakers start playing as a team
Image Image
Like most teams that get along and posses the right talent, the collective starts gelling and the
plays that were so difficult to execute in the early stages, start becoming 2nd nature. With
better execution, came more wins.

The Line-up :arrow: Circa 2006:
C: Thomas Goldberg
PF: Brian Cook
SF: Marty Elwood
SG: "Lil H."
PG: Spike Faulk
6th man: Shaquille O'neal

This would be L.A.'s most common and formidable line-up until Shaq's retirement in 2011. During
that time, more rookies will come in to fill in the regular rotation as well as some guest appearances
from All-Stars such as Chris Webber and Yao Ming.
HonorGlow

Postby Jing on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:22 am

oh shit is that what ur game looks like now or before. anyways i love it :)
Jing

Postby DREeaZy06 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:22 pm

Shaq as the 6th man lol, never thought id see the day cook started over oneal. did u capture that vid with fraps? unfortunately fraps wont work on my pc, think because of the video card

btw keep these historical reviews coming, u must have a bunch of screenshots, and by a bunch i mean billions lol how many do u hav?
KNICKS Dynasty
DREeaZy06

Postby HonorGlow on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:20 pm

I have fricken gig or two just for my 2004 dynasty...that's why it's imperative that I start perusing the anthology and killing a meg or two at a time...

The VID? No I basically and painstakingly did it from the replay thingy that Live has...I guess I'm going to have to learn a little about fraps!

Thanks guys for checking out my dynasty...I really appreciate it and I'll keep it updated when time allows.
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:27 pm

The VID? No I basically and painstakingly did it from the replay thingy that Live has...I guess I'm going to have to learn a little about fraps!

Wow. I know that I've done that several times, and it;s quite painstaking. Just wondering, what program did you use to combine those images in a gif?
H Rock

Postby bullsfan009 on Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:45 am

Hey this is really cool HonorGlow, props to you (Y)
bullsfan009

Postby HonorGlow on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:27 pm

Circa 2006: (continued)
Lil H. takes it Coast to Coast

Photographers comments: What I love about these .gifs is that it gives a
perspective of the arena that you never get during gameplay (as it wouldn't
be feasible) ie the jumbotron, Retired Jerseys, Championship banners,
nosebleed seats(usually that's where I'd be sitting)
Last edited by HonorGlow on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HonorGlow

Postby Jing on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:44 pm

good god honor. hahah
Jing

Postby The X on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:43 pm

sweet, luvin' that you kept this one going....hoping to see a few of my star Nuggets' players at some point :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby HonorGlow on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:44 pm

...okay, what is Shaq up to?
Shaq drains his first in-game 3 ball...we think...

The X wrote:sweet, luvin' that you kept this one going....hoping to see a few of my star Nuggets' players at some point :cool:

Yeh, somewhere down the line, I'm going to have to do a 'flashforward' so that can see your guys again! It may be a weird feeling for you though...I hope you can take it, The X.
note: If anybody doesn't know, I imported/added The X's long living Dynasty team into my save file...what painful dbf times that was!

NBA LIVE 2004: Where two become one...literally.
2004 wasn't really known for it's collision-detection
design...this shot proves that.

Mid-season Classic: The 2006 NBA All-Star Game
Lil H. and McGrady headline for the West and East...um,
I can't remember the score though...but I'm sure that
someone did.
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Actually, Shaq has made one three in his career. I would have liked to see that. :shock:

And cool gif. And once again, what program did you use to make the gif?
H Rock

Postby HonorGlow on Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:02 pm

ULEAD GIF Animator 5...It's actually pretty decent...too bad I only have it for 6 more days (trial version) I'm considering on purchasing it down the road...but I'm hearing a lot about this Fraps.com thing! Thanks Negative for checking out the dynasty! More to come!
HonorGlow

Postby H Rock on Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:33 pm

Hm, I have Ulead PhotoImpact and Uldea VideoStudio. Maybe I should get their GIF Animator. But is there any free GIF maker that you know of?

And I've tried fraps. It's OK, but doing it the "old-fashioned way" (like you do) is better.
H Rock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame