Houston, We Had A Dynasty - Officially Retired

A collection of memorable Dynasty and Franchise threads.

Re: 10K Views!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Axel. wrote:Who really has no life to visit a dynasty that's in a half-dead section when there is a flourishing Association section? :lol: That's scary if someone actually does that.

Way to thank the people who got you those 10,000 views. :P
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel

Thanks to TheDee for the signature!
Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Axel. on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Oh no! Andrew just double posted! Ban him! :x :banned:

In all seriousness though, Andrew, I was referring to what z02 said about someone viewing this 80 times a day. :wink: If there's anyone who's close to doing that, it's me. :shifty: Seriously though, if anyone was offended, I'm sorry.

Anyways, I'll go back and read this over to pick my top 10 moments of the thread, and put them all in a post. If anyone would like to nominate a moment, feel free to do so. So far, I've got K-Mart's 58 points, the two championships, and......
Major thanks to Clutch for the excellent signature! Click it to read my association!
May I also interest you in:
Houston, We Have a Dynasty (Hall of Fame)
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby Warlock95 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:15 am

The fact that the Lakers never won a ring in the 2010s. Maybe Goodrich cursed KB for stealing his jersey?
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby rise on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:57 am

J-Bark #95 wrote:The fact that the Lakers never won a ring in the 2010s

... that's awesome!
Axel. wrote:I was referring to what z02 said about someone viewing this 80 times a day
As I said, I was joking, but it doesn't really matter.

I shall now congratulate you on this milestone for a third time.

Congrats Axel! :P

░░░░░░░░ CHARLOTTE HORNETS - Bringing Back The Buzz ░░░░░░░░
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 am

All in good fun. :)
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am

The LOLcats giving you a scare.
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby Axel. on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:02 am

J-Bark #95 wrote:The fact that the Lakers never won a ring in the 2010s. Maybe Goodrich cursed KB for stealing his jersey?

I wrote the epilogue, and my hatred for the Lakers probably carried over to it. Hence why they never won a title in the story, and if I kept it going 'til the NBA folded (if, of course), they would've never won one again! :twisted:
z02 wrote: I shall now congratulate you on this milestone for a third time.

Congrats Axel! :P

So what, you have no life so you congratulate me three times on a milestone? :P jk
Andrew wrote:All in good fun. :)

So fun, you posted it twice. :wink:
Houndy wrote:The LOLcats giving you a scare.

Yeah, I had that one in mind, and I'll post the two clutch plays from K-Mart.

So far, I've got five moments: two titles, 58 points, and K-Mart's clutch plays. Any more nominations?
Major thanks to Clutch for the excellent signature! Click it to read my association!
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 am

Didn't you have a double ot game? If you did those
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Axel. wrote:So fun, you posted it twice. :wink:

Owing to the server backup that was running at the time. We always get a few double and triple posts when there's one taking place, indeed I triple posted elsewhere but noticed that one and deleted the two extra posts.

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Axel. on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:05 am

Houndy, yeah, I did, got that too. And I also had a 20-20 game with Yao in the 2010 playoffs, so that's in as well.

Andrew, all in good fun. :wink: I know an admin would never double-post on his own forum, and sometimes, double-posting happens to me too. :)
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Re: Rockets Top 10 Moments

Postby Axel. on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

In celebration of 10,000 views of the thread, I've put together the top 10 moments of the dynasty thread. Here they are:

10. The Acquisition of Brad Halstead
In the 2010 NBA Draft, the Rockets did not have any roster space for their second round pick, it being the 60th pick. They pulled out a desperation trade, trading Aussie Forward/Center David Andersen to the Memphis Grizzlies, along with their 60th draft pick. In return, the Rockets received the 38th overall draft pick, Brad Halstead. This would ultimately end up being a huge steal for the Rockets, since Brad Halstead was just a triple-double waiting to happen.

Of course, with his arrival, Halstead was upset at the fact that he would not get any playing time; the Rockets were just too deep at the forward positions. With this, he began to whine, and Kevin Martin shut him up. This would ultimately start a big feud between the two, lasting quite a few months. The Rockets had to send Brad Halstead down to the NBA D-League to separate him from causing any harm to the team chemistry. After a tragic incident to Donte Greene, Halstead was called up to the Houston Rockets, and in his time with the roster again, Shane Battier taught him how to behave, and eventually, Halstead and Martin were on the same page.

9. Double Overtime Loss at Los Angeles
Now you may be asking, why would I put a loss to the team I hate the most in the top 10? One word. Epic. It was a very close game all the way, with Kobe Bryant and Kevin Martin having a scoring duel. The Lakers prevailed with a three-pointer from Jordan Farmar, who had been bricking his shots all game. The Lakers won 129-126.

"I remember that game very well. The crowd was all out against us, and you could tell Kobe wanted revenge from the previous year. The fact that I missed the free throw that could've sealed the game in the first overtime still gets to me, but I calm myself down when I remind myself that I won my second championship that year." - Kevin Martin

8. Yao's 20-20 Game
In Game 2 of the 2010 playoffs, the Rockets faced off against the New Orleans Hornets. Yao Ming was awarded the performer of the game honor, who had monstrous numbers. 22 points, 21 rebounds, two assists, and three blocks in a convincing win against the Hornets. Yao kept that same consistency throughout the rest of the playoffs, and would lead to the Rockets' third franchise championship.

"It felt like every rebound came to me. It was like I was a magnet, and the ball just kept coming down. Credit also has to go to my teammates who were forcing all of those misses, hence all of the rebounds. That had to be one of the top 10 games of my career." - Yao Ming

7. 12-0 Start in the 2009-10 Season
When everyone was ruling the Rockets to be an above-average team, nobody expected a 12-0 start to the season. They challenged their own franchise record of 15-0 set by the '93-'94 Rockets. The teams that fell victim to the Rockets were the Portland TrailBlazers (x2), the Golden State Warriors, the Utah Jazz, the Los Angeles Lakers (x2), the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Dallas Mavericks, the Memphis Grizzlies, the Sacramento Kings, the Phoenix Suns, and the Minnesota Timberwolves. The streak would ultimately end in Atlanta, where the Rockets trailed by as many as 23, managed to get the margin down to five in the fourth, but just couldn't come away with the win.

6. Kevin Martin's Clutch Buzzer-Beater at Charlotte
After trailing the whole game, the Rockets found their way back in the fourth quarter, pouring in 53 points in the second half. Kevin Martin hit a three at the buzzer to tie the game at 92. In overtime, both teams were still neck and neck, and with 30 seconds remaining, Kevin Martin held the ball in front of the halfcourt line. He attempted an off-balance shot, which missed, but Yao was there for the rebound, and kicked it back out to Kevin Martin. He scored the game-winner.

"Yes, I remember that as if it was only yesterday. I was frustrated with my teammates all game for allowing second chance points, but we got our act together in the second half. Those two big shots had to have been the one of the best I've ever taken, especially with the smothering defense that the Bobcats had at the time." - Kevin Martin

5. Kevin Martin Goes 18 Games With 30+
Kevin Martin put together a streak of 18 games with 30+ points. This streak was the longest in franchise history, edging out Moses Malone's previous streak at 13. This all included a 40 point game against the Grizzlies, in which Kevin Martin battled OJ Mayo in an epic scoring duel, Mayo scoring 43 himself.

"Putting together a streak that big is just a huge accomplishment. At the end of the day, that doesn't matter if the team's not winning, but that wasn't the case then. The team lost only three games in that stretch, so you can say that with good teammates, I managed to snag a great record like that." - Kevin Martin

4. Kevin Martin Scores 58
A tremendous individual performance for K-Mart against the Denver Nuggets. He dropped 58, on 19/37 shooting, and a franchise record of most free throws made without a miss, 19/19. Kevin Martin had exactly half of the Rockets points, and was the main key towards their comeback win against the Nuggets.

"It's one thing to have a hot hand, but I had a scorching hand that game. True, there were some no calls in the game, but to pass the 57 points record previously set by Calvin Murphy is just an excellent feeling. Definitely one of the best games of my career." - Kevin Martin

3. Rockets' Repeat
The reason this is lower than the first championship of the dynasty is because this championship was acquired much easier than the first. Yes, the Rockets went 16-1 like in the 2010 playoffs, but they had a much easier time in all of their games.

"Being a part of a championship team is excellent. Contributing to a championship team is an out of this world experience. I feel like I contributed as much as I could to all of the Rockets' championships in my time there. With excellent teammates, there was no way we could lose." - Aaron Brooks

2. 16-Game Win Streak
The Indiana Pacers, the Toronto Raptors, the Boston Celtics, the Miami Heat, the Memphis Grizzlies (x2), the Los Angeles Clippers (x2), the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Portland TrailBlazers, the Charlotte Bobcats, the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Detroit Pistons, the Chicago Bulls, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Sacramento Kings all fell victim to this period of dominance by the Rockets. The streak however, came to an end at the hands of the Oklahoma City Thunder. A 30-20 game by Kevin Durant, and a 20-point game from LeBron James contributed to that. Still, a win streak that big deserves a lot of merit, as it was the second longest win-streak in franchise history.

1. Rockets' First Championship
Unlike the second championship, the first championship was a bit harder to win for the Rockets. They had some pretty close games in the first two rounds, and lost one game to the Lakers. They swept the Bulls, but it didn't come easy. The fact that Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah seemed to be the only ones trying contributed much to that. But despite the lack of effort from the role players, the Bulls were still able to push the Rockets towards close games.

"They say defense wins championships. But as a coach, I wasn't known for that; I was best known for my offense. Anyone can play defense, as long as you set your mind to it and focus. That's exactly what the Rockets did in my time as their coach." - Rick Adelman

There, the top 10 moments of the thread. I only mentioned the first two seasons, and did not mention anything about the epilogue, since I didn't experience those events first hand. Feel free to discuss the order, or the snubbed moments that didn't show up.
Last edited by Axel. on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Re: Top 10 Moments

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:09 am

Nicely chosen. (Y)

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby rise on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 am

Perfect. (Y)

Proof that K-Mart is a franchise player: he makes up half of your top 10 moments. :D

rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby George7 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Really nice moment,and of course the first ring is your top moment (Y)

And I agree totally with z02 about K-Mart.
George7

Postby Sit on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Nice article summing up your story. (Y)
Sit
Fresh

Postby Bucket on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Awesome
Second (Y)
Bucket

Postby Houndy on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:32 am

Nice (Y)
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby Martti. on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 am

Liking it a lot! (Y) That 30+ streak by K-Mart was something else.
Martti.
Hot Sauce

Postby Axel. on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:49 am

Andrew wrote:Nicely chosen. (Y)

Thanks. :)
z02 wrote:Perfect. (Y)

Proof that K-Mart is a franchise player: he makes up half of your top 10 moments. :D

Thanks. He does make up about half of the 10 moments, that's why he's number one on the top 10 (or 11) Rockets of the thread. :)
George7 wrote:Really nice moment,and of course the first ring is your top moment (Y)

And I agree totally with z02 about K-Mart.

There was really no competition from the Nets in the second championship, so the first championship had to be the top moment. :)
Sit wrote:Nice article summing up your story. (Y)

Wow, thanks Sit. :) I'm a little surprised to see you here.
Valdis wrote:Awesome
Second (Y)

Houndy wrote:Nice (Y)

Thanks guys.
Martti. wrote:Liking it a lot! (Y) That 30+ streak by K-Mart was something else.

Very hard to assemble a streak like that. I kind of force-fed him the ball in some games, sometimes it just came to him. Still, he'd score about 15 points in every first quarter. :lol:
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby #thierry on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:10 am

Loved it Axel (Y) K-Mart!
“The Takeover”, my weekly radioshow. Image
#thierry

Postby Justine. on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Loving all these end-features. K-Mart really carried your team on this!
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Axel. on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 am

Thanks Justine., and Thierry •! K-Mart really was a franchise player and I plan to make him one in my association as well. :)

Alright guys, just need to make the closing/retiring post, and then this will officially be over. :cry:
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:04 am

Sounds good. As I said before, I'll leave the thread active here in the main Dynasty section for a few days after that final post so people can offer their final comments, then I'll move it over to the Hall of Fame. :)

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 am

All I have to say, is that this dynasty is one I read a lot. Glad this is going to where it deserves, the HOF
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby rise on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 am

Yeah, it's really one of the only ones I actually kept up with all the time, not just dropping in every once in a while like the majority of the dynasties/assoc. I'll do the same in your next one Axel. (Y)

rise
Contributor

Re: Houston, We Had A Dynasty - Officially Retired

Postby Axel. on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:14 am

Andrew, yeah, that's good enough for me. :)

Houndy and z02, thanks for the kind words! Really means a lot to me. :D

WARNING: A very long read.

You know, in the days when I first joined this forum, which was about a year ago, there was a lot of dynasty stories, way more than there are right now. Kenny's (badreligionau) was one of the first ones I read; it was at about page 9 or 10 when I first started commenting, but I read it front to back before doing so. He was an inspiration, his story motivated me to start my own dynasty story. Now, I didn't have many ideas at the time, all I wanted was to just start a story, with the goal of wanting to become a part of the NBA Live Dynasty Hall of Fame.

I started it, and probably one of the first criticisms I received was that I was winning way too much. :lol: With the sometimes dim-witted CPU (they chuck up shots that they'll never make in a million years), it was hard not to. Yes, the sliders I had basically cancelled out some of the huge handicaps that the CPU has in Live 10, but even with that, it was still frustrating. My first reader was Andrew, and he's probably the only one (other than me, of course) who's read this story from front to back. Then, as I went on with games, and pages, more people started following, which gave me more motivation to keep this going. After the end of the first season, it was good to finally get to the playoffs. Cruising through there, I was once again criticized (by Martti. and Hyperize., probably others, not trying to single them out by the way, just two names that come to mind :wink: ) about my winning ways. I'd guess in a somewhat joking manner, but as I explained, the CPU in Live 10 was dim-witted at times, leading to all of those wins.

So after the first championship, I shook up the roster a bit, acquiring Ray Allen, one of my all-time favorite players. This motivated me to keep going for another season, or basically many more seasons to come. That and the fact that Kevin Martin was at the prime of his career. With an even deeper and arguably better team, I cruised through the regular season. Before the season started however, I moved up to Superstar, an unforgiving difficulty that, these days, I just can't bare to play anymore. I played about half the season on that difficulty, but there was one game that the CPU made three consecutive contested threes in about less than a minute, with their settings of "long range shooting" at a very low that they would usually make 33% of their three pointers. The CPU would also block all of my layups and dunks, while even if I timed my shot block to perfection on defense, my defender would jump the opposite way, and the CPU would completely ignore and avoid any contact in the paint, laying the ball in with no problems. With that, I announced the retirement of this story after the season's end, as I just couldn't take the cheating CPU's ways anymore. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be well into my third season of the story.

So saying that, I'm sorry to all the readers who were enjoying the story, but I don't think I can put up with frustration like that; I'm a no nonsense/intolerant person in real life, and get frustrated very easily. That's why I admire Kenny and his ability to have his story going for 10 seasons or so and counting. Also, with an excellent game like NBA 2K11 coming out, that motivated me to start an association and abandon this.

Now back on the subject of the second season. I kept going, still running into many frustrating things, but I knew in my mind that with every game played, the less frustration I'd have to put up with. And after the regular season was over, I was proud and relieved. So then, I cruised through the playoffs, more so just to win the championship and get this over with. I still gave myself a challenge with the settings, but again, the CPU's willingess to just chuck up shots was the main cause of 16-1 in the playoffs for both seasons.

In the second season, I started doing stories/chapters. From what people have said, they were a success. From the Brad Halstead-Kevin Martin beef to Donte Greene's incident with the Salmon cousins (Salim-Damon Stoudamire), they were fun to write. Brad Halstead became the reader favorite for the most part. (Y) I gave him his chance, he gave us something to impress, and given more playing time, I'm sure he could've been a double-digit scorer in the NBA. Since I couldn't go on for anymore seasons due to my frustration at the game, I wrote an epilogue, just so everyone can know how every player's career turned out.

I'm glad to see it (the epilogue(s)) get a lot of praise. I got down to writing it at about the time the regular season was about to end. Both parts were pretty fun to write, as was the rest of the story. I had a lot of fun writing this story, and interacting with some great readers. If it wasn't for this story, NBA Live 10 would've been shelved a long time ago, probably gathering dust, more so than now. The good thing with playing that many games was that I got to hear Marv Albert's quality commentating, and it ultimately became something to pass the time.

So I just wanna say thank you to any and all who've read this, without any of you, I wouldn't be retiring this in a big rant like this. :P It was tons of fun writing this, I hope everyone enjoyed this, and hope to see you all in my association story. :wink:

This wouldn't be a good retirement post without some shoutouts, so here goes. I'll try to get everyone who read/commented here, and if I miss you, just let me know, and I'll add you.

Special thanks to:
Andrew: As I said earlier, you were my first reader, and was probably one of the only ones to read this front to back. You continue to be the best Admin, and continue to contribute a bunch to the success of the forum. I hope you can keep it up for many more years to come. :) PS- also took your advice of "I'm taking my talents to the Sooner State" from what feels like a year ago.

Clutch: I have not seen him in a long time, don't know if he'll ever visit the forum again to read this, but he was a great reader. Probably the biggest Yao Ming fan of all my readers, it had to be cool for him to see Yao get his championships. I hope to see him back in the forum sometime in the future. :)

Thierry: The only one who probably understood my two or three spanish jokes throughout the whole thread. :lol: Still, you continue to surprise us all in how far you've gone with your Spurs story. Hope you can finish it and get it inducted into the Hall of Fame! :wink:

Houndy: For being an enthusiastic reader. You can really tell it after he answered nearly half of the questions on the dynasty quiz. You were also always very well into the story, even volunteering to be the agent of that scrub Brad Halstead. I think every dynasty/association thread needs an enthusiastic reader, and this thread had one in Houndy. Keep that enthusiasm going in my association! :wink:

Wafterstick/Stress Fracture: For being a Rockets fan! :headbang: I think every story needs a reader that's a fan of the team, not just the writer himself. Stress Fracture filled that role perfectly. (Y) Here's to a turn around for the real life Rockets in the near future, and for them to move on from Yao and focus on the REAL superstar, KEVIN MARTIN!!!

badreligionau: Forgetting to send you a shoutout would be a crime. You were the reason for this story basically, whether that's good or bad, lol. I hope you acquire that jumpshot in the near future, and keep on going strong with your dynasty story!

Lamrock: One of my favorite posters here. I always get a good laugh from reading his posts. We both share the pain of our favorite teams having their franchise player(s) suffering big injuries. R.I.P. Blazers. Not sure if you were a Brad Halstead fan or bandwagoner, but either way, we'll see about having him back in my association. :wink: PS- Thanks again for the association advice you gave me! :)

Martti.: For criticizing me about my winning ways. :P Actually, for being a good supporter, and for being a Donte Greene fan. I'd like to see you finish your Bucks dynasty sometime in the near future, but for now, continue to pwn with the Heat. :wink:

George7 and z02: You guys both give Houndy competition for enthusiastic readers, judging from all the comments/feedback from you guys. :wink: All I wanna say is thanks for the enthusiasm! (Y)

There have been good posters who have come and go like TheDee, Hyperize., Helios3D, lefisto, Keef, bret35, Wyze, and Bomb Diggity. Thanks to all of them. :) There was also a noteworthy spambot, PSMILE, who basically copy/pasted stuff posted by others earlier in the thread in one post, which led to incoherence. :lol:

The ones who check in or comment every now and then, like Phil89, Justine., Badger, King Dee, .PorkyJoker.06, J-Bark #95, mandich, and Radioman. The two latter ones being the most recent ones, but check in with consistency too. Major thanks to you guys too! :bowdown:

If I've left you out, it's either because you didn't comment enough, or because I've forgotten you. If I forgot to put you in, just let me know. But yes, I did go back and skim through all of the pages of the thead to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

All in all, it has been a very fun and positive experience to write this. All of you were great, quality readers, and I hope you keep being quality readers for my association. :wink: With this making Hall of Fame, my mission has been accomplished, I am now taking my talents to the association section to focus on "that other one". So enough of this long rant, let's get to the closing words.

Thank you to all who were a part of this, either commented or just read and followed. It was really, really fun to write this. I now officially close this and it's feels good to say: Houston, We Had A Dynasty.
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:17 am

Nice reflection, thanks for the shoutout. It's been a fun read. :)

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks for the shoutout. Congrats on finishing such a good dynasty. (Y)
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks for the shoutout. Now to the Association, where Martin will continue to be a motherfuckin monsta
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby Kenny on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for the mention. I know I didn't give as much feedback as a lot of the other readers, but I always held this dynasty in high regard and I'm honoured by the fact that you attribute me to starting it. It was a great read and next stop HOF :)
Check out my dynasty:
Denver Nuggets - The Next Level
(Story of The Year 2011, 2012)
Kenny
Yes, they are hollywood...

Postby #thierry on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Well deserved HOF spot. (Y) And thanks for the shoutout man, I'm also surprised myself on the Spurs are not stopping. :lol:
#thierry

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:03 am

Thanks for the mention. :) Yes, it's time to pass the torch from Yao to K-Mart. :bowdown: :bowdown2:

Houston, We Had A Dynasty

This quote made me happy. :wink:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.
Stress Fracture
Dwightmare + Beard = RINGSSSSSSS

Postby Radioman on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 am

Thank you to mention me.

I am kind of knew to this forum so i could not follow this Dynasty from the beginnings. I am glad i can read your new one right from the start. (Y)
Radioman

Postby George7 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 am

Nice read Axel!
Thanks for the shoutout (Y)
George7

Postby rise on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 am

Great reflection and thanks for the shoutout!

Good luck on your association. (Y) :bowdown2: :bowdown2:

rise
Contributor

Postby Murat on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:54 am

HOF, HOF, HOF.
Murat
Rudy, kapei22, Badger

Postby Martti. on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:16 am

(Y) Thanks for the mention.
Martti.
Hot Sauce

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:59 am

Anyone else want to offer their congratulations or final thoughts? If not, I'll go ahead with the induction.

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:00 am

Go with the induction :o
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby #thierry on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:17 am

#thierry

Postby Axel. on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Lol, even Obama is congratulating me.

Thanks for the kind words guys. :) As I said, it's been a positive experience. Once Andrew locks the thread and you couldn't congratulate me or anything, just PM me. :wink: I'd like to leave the thread for a couple more days, though, Andrew. :)
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby George7 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Congratulations Axel,for your (near)future induction in the HOF! :applaud: :applaud:
Your story was one of the first stories I started following once I was a regular viewer of the game stories section,and one I really enjoyed throughout it's development!It really gave me the spark,along with Andrew's Bulls and badreligionau's Nuggets(though I wasn't a casual follower on his story),to start a Dynasty Story and really enjoy it(though it lasted only one season because of 2k11). Congratulations again and hopefully your 2k story can make it on HOF as well. (Y)
George7

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Axel. wrote:I'd like to leave the thread for a couple more days, though, Andrew. :)

No problem. (Y)

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Justine. on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Congrats man :wink:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Kenny on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:14 am

Best of luck with the Association. Hopefully you can have more domination with Kevin Martin and the Injury Exception :lol:

Again, well done on a fantastic story. You well and truly earnt your HOF spot :)
Check out my dynasty:
Denver Nuggets - The Next Level
(Story of The Year 2011, 2012)
Kenny
Yes, they are hollywood...

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 am

Ready for induction?

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Postby Axel. on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:46 am

Sure thing, Andrew. :) Like I said, anybody else who'd like to congratulate me can just PM me.
Axel.
Hoping for Melo...

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:47 am

No worries. :)

Inducted 22/1/2011.

Andrew
Old School Rose
Administrator

Previous

Return to Dynasty & Franchise Hall of Fame