how to increase minutes on simulation

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

how to increase minutes on simulation

Postby tangalife on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 am

Hi,

This is for Live 2009, dont think ill get a reply in the dedicated forum for it...

How can I increase minutes for my starting players when I simulate? Most of my starters are only playing 30 mpg and my bench players are getting alot of time? Ive tried fiddling with player rotation but doesnt change it.

Also what do you guys think of this trade in first season, traded Tony Parker for Nash (90) and Shaq (85)!!

current team:

nene
nowitzki
josh smith
joe johnson
allen iverson

also how does josh smith progress as hes only 23 and rated 81. he doesn't produce good stats but I feel he's probably doing good defensively (i simulate 99% of games) which is what I want. I would like to get Ron Artest but will keep smith if he develops nicely.
tangalife

Re: how to increase minutes on simulation

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:53 am

Moved from the NBA Live 10 section. Please post in the correct section regardless of the level of activity, thanks. :)

The short answer is, you can't. NBA Live's simulation engine, which controls all the stats and results that occur during simulation, is in a definite need of an overhaul and has been for a couple of years now (hopefully we get it in NBA Live 11, now that the gameplay has improved). The rotation screen is your best bet and if you still can't get results you're satisfied with then unfortunately you're pretty much stuck.

Parker for Nash and Shaq is a crazy trade, it's not often you can get the CPU to agree to a deal like that.

I believe Smith's development potential is still pretty good, though I don't know the exact value as it's a hidden attribute and we can't view hidden values on the consoles the same way we can open up the databases for the PC versions.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tangalife on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 am

thanks for that mate.

yeah some games Nowitzki is only playing 28 minutes which hurts his stats and obviously affects the result!!

As for the trade I was quite suprised, they offered Nash for Parker straight and I added Shaq which they agreed. Nash was also MVP candidate at the time and Shaq was exactly what I wanted for C position so a great trade on paper and great for my squad too!!

Also traded K Thomas C(38 years old and rated 70) for R Westbrook PG (rookie 20 years old rated 70 averaging 7apg)
tangalife

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:35 am

Yeah, the CPU often doesn't take age into account but that Parker for Nash/Shaq trade really is something else!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Try giving only your starters time in the player rotation screen/depth chart.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tangalife on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:02 pm

yeah ill try that.

i find the CPU is more reluctant to let their older players go, I got Iverson fairly easily too I think
tangalife

Return to NBA Live 09