Grades,are they really that important

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Grades,are they really that important

Postby Cleveland wins on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 am

Is it really important to have good grades for your staff members? Because don't players always improve even if you train a players when a staff member has a bad grade in a certain ability? For example, if you train someone like andrea bargnani in defense, and the assistant has a d or an f in defense; won't that player improve in defense? What examples do you have of players improving faster with higher grades, if they have improved faster? And what do people mean by when they say that players improve faster? Would players improve faster if you hired a very expensive assistant head coach with an a+ development and an a+ leadership grade, and your one assistant has all a's in offense, defense and athletics? Why do some people hire only one assistant and a good assistant headcoach, while others hire three good assistants? And the cpu usually hires the best of each staff. I'm still trying to learn to hire the best staff as i haven't been playing nba live that long, i'm still kind of inexperienced. And my biggest question is, why are trainers more effective assistant headcoaches? Plus, why does the assistant headcoach have a development grade? I never understood these things, i hope someone can answer these questions and I just want to say thanks if someone can answer them.
Cleveland wins

Re: Grades,are they really that important

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:03 pm

The better a staff's grades, the better they perform; just like the players and their ratings. You'll get results of some kind with any staff member you hire but the ones with higher rated abilities will naturally yield better results.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jettdaking! on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:38 pm

oh yeah dude. ive realized that the better your staff member's grade, the higher your player's overall rating after the offseason
"play me like it's chess and i'll smack you with a checkerboard"
-Celph Titled
jettdaking!
R.I.P. Hip-Hop "1987-2005"

Postby MikeMan™ on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Cleveland wins wrote:why does the assistant headcoach have a development grade?

This means that your staff members performance will be better if a Asst. Head Coach has a good Development Grade Quality .
"Even The Greatest Has Got To Suffer Sometime" - T.I.
MikeMan™

Postby Cleveland wins on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:12 am

You guys are absolutely right , plus i did an experiement with a trailblazer dynasty, and i got all poor staff members. Even all of my assistatnts abilities, everyone of their abilities had bad grades, from d to f. I trained martel webster with a bad grade, and he didn't improve! I did that with a few other players and they didn't improve, more often than not. So now i understand all about grades now, thanks.
Cleveland wins

Return to NBA Live 09