3 pointers and catching passes

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

3 pointers and catching passes

Postby pintsizedjark on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:19 am

I was wondering if I'm the only one who never makes 3 pointers and if I'm winning the game my team catches 40-50% of the passes thrown to them(on xbox live). When I shoot 3 pointers I only ever shoot if the player is WIDE open and in a good hot spot, and yet my career 3 point percentage is about 15% and the last few games I've played my 3point ratios have been: 0/5, 0/9, 2/12, 2/9, and 1/7, and the last 5 people I've played against have all had the following 3point ratios: 5/6, 9/12 8/11, 19/23(come on), and 2/2, and I swear that they never as wide open as I am..90% of the 3pointers they make against me are either, after the inbound pass they run straight to the 3point line shoot and make it, they are in double coverage and the player does that turn around shot, and I always have someone pressuring a player that is in 3point range, yet it still goes in, while I am shooting wide open 3's and missing them all(I always play as the Lakers because they are my favorite team, and I shoot 3 pointers with kobe bryant, derek fisher, and sometimes lamar odom or trevor ariza).

Now as for the inability to catch passes, if I am winning the game, usually towards the end, and I am in range(about 8-12 points ahead), my team just can't catch passes. In the last game I played I didn't catch 5 wide open inbounds passes, and then I didn't catch 7 passes to a wide open player....they all just pass right through my players and bounce out of bounds every time.....
pintsizedjark

Re: 3 pointers and catching passes

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:04 pm

I do struggle at times with jumpshots on the occasions that I play online, but that's mostly due to lag more than anything else. Can't say I've experienced that many problems with players not catching inbounds passes, unless I'm trying for too many long passes out of the backcourt.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby pintsizedjark on Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:36 am

It's not lag thats making it impossible for me to make 3's, it's the game..and it's not just inbound passes that I struggle with, its all passes..If I don't catch a really long pass that is to high for the player to catch I understand that is can actually happen, but if I throw a really long pass(I don't do it very often), and it goes straight through my player's hands, then that is a problem..it's EA trying to exaggerate the player's "catching ability" which is bs. I also don't catch easy wide open short passes, they just go straight through the players hands..however my opponents never struggle with catching easy passes, and rarely struggle with 3's..
pintsizedjark

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:47 am

Well, I've honestly never had any problems with that in online or offline play.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby the_red85 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:23 pm

im la lakers in my dynasty mode. ive only gone 12 games into the season. and have odom @ 35%, bryant @ 34%, fisher @ 22% and vujacic @ 30%. it seems to be random whether they go in or not. i mean in the last game i just played fisher did an awesome turn - fade away to shoot a 3 pointer.
the_red85

Postby pintsizedjark on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:25 pm

I just played a game where with 2 seconds left in the first half, I made an inbounds pass to kobe bryant who was about 2/3 down the court, and with 1.2 seconds left the ball left his hands and the 3 pointer went in, but it didn't count like I released the ball after the game clock expired even though I didn't..and after the game I messaged the guy and said "good game, but do you know why my 3 pointer didn't count at the end of the first half?" and he responded with "I dunno you shot it before the clock expired"..so can anyone explain this one to me?
pintsizedjark

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Sounds like a bug that definitely shouldn't be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phreezy P on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm

OMG! Lets just hope live 10 isn't like that.
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Return to NBA Live 09