One Trajectory/Basket animation for made FG?

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

One Trajectory/Basket animation for made FG?

Postby dakinaw on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 am

Forgive me if this issue has been brought up before.

Anyone else completely annoyed by the fact there is only one trajectory/arc for a made jump shot. You can tell right when the ball leaves your guys hand if it will go in or not based on what animation you got. There is literally only one animation for a made jumpshot..the one with a certain trajectory,the one we all know its gonna go in and then it goes in.

Not once. I repeated not once have I ever seen a jump shot go in after touching the rim or bouncing on the rim or anything else. Its always the same one trajectory/basket animation.

Everytime I shoot and when it leaves my guys hand I know right away if its a miss or not its so annoying.

I hope they change this for 10 Wow.
dakinaw

Re: One Trajectory/Basket animation for made FG?

Postby UVA44 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:23 pm

I had one bounce around on the rim and go in. I pulled for a three and I could tell it wasn't going in because of the arc. It went in and out of the rim, but came back down and went into the basket, that was the only time that ever happened to me. :?
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:39 pm

its not just one trajectory, but there is one that will always go in

they know about it, and they didnt just fix it for 10, they over did it. Specific players can have a specific arc to their shots now. So if players shoot flat or high arc in real life they will do it in the game. And in turn removes that issue you mentioned.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:19 pm

While it's excellent that they're doing work with the shot arcs in NBA Live '10, I must admit I don't find it that annoying. As Jon said there are different trajectories that go in but one that does indicate it's going in all the time. I do see where you're coming from dakinaw but to me it kind of captures the idea of the shot that feels good the moment it leaves your hands as well as ones you know are going to flat out brick.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09