Go To Move

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Go To Move

Postby Dagger55 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:00 am

Does anyone know how to perform/edit a players "Go To Move"?

It would be nice to edit players Dunk Style, Free Throw Routine etc.
Dagger55

Re: Go To Move

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:38 am

Performing Go To Moves is pretty much the same as NBA Live 08, it's just a matter of pressing the shoot button in the right situation (ie driving down the lane with Steve Nash for his off-balance runner, backing down then holding away from the basket to perform Kobe's fadeaway etc), so you might want to check out the stickied thread in the NBA Live 08 General section for some Go To Move listings. You can't edit original player's Go To Moves or other styles but you can mix and match Go To Moves, shooting styles etc when you create players.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dagger55 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:59 am

I see. So I press the shoot button. By that you mean the actual shot button or the dunk/layup button?

And I noticed that they have a limited amount of actual go to moves and jumpshot styles etc. So what happens if I'm playing with someone who doesn't have their own? And how do I know when I've successfully completed a go to move?

I'll check out the thread right now. Thanks Andrew.
Dagger55

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:09 am

Just the shoot button. Go To Moves are a unique, player-specific move/animation, so they'll stand out from the usual shot attempts. If a player doesn't have a Go To Move then no matter what you do, they'll only use the generic shooting styles. Note that Go To Moves aren't unstoppable or guaranteed baskets, they won't always go in.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dagger55 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:18 am

Ahh ok. I get it. I'll try it out. Thanks again Andrew. (Y)
Dagger55

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 am

No problem. :) Aside from representing player style and individuality, the main advantage of Go To Moves is that they are more difficult to stop because they tend to be moves that are elusive; fadeaways, turnarounds, floaters, etc. Compared to Freestyle Superstars however, they're certainly not overpowering which is how it should be.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 09